Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 278156 times)

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #660 on: September 18, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »
Oh sweet,
Spoiler:
MAlice Cannon got reworked and is now so much better! <3

Also, it seems a given characters stat growth rates are 1/10th of their baseline value. This should make it much easier for us to adjust their growths on the wiki as they change.

Time to do some editing.

Edit:
Slightly means ~ 1 point stat change or less. Everything else is greater than 1 point stat change.

Momiji's Attack got buffed and Defense got buffed slightly
Kogasa's Attack got buffed and HP and Defense got buffed slightly
All of Cirno's stats except HP got buffed slightly
Minoriko's Magic got buffed slightly
Nitori's Attack got buffed slightly
Parsee's Mind got nerfed slightly
Aya's HP got buffed and her Attack, Defense, and Mind got nerfed slightly
Spoiler:
Utsuho's
Defense got nerfed slightly
Spoiler:
Alice's
Defense, Magic, and Speed got buffed slightly
Spoiler:
Patchouli's
Mind got nerfed slightly
Spoiler:
Eirin's
HP, Attack, Defense, Magic and Mind got nerfed slightly
Spoiler:
Reisen's
Speed got buffed
Spoiler:
Sanae's
HP, Defense, and Mind got buffed slightly and Speed got buffed
Spoiler:
Iku's
Magic got buffed slightly
Spoiler:
Suika didn't get any nerfs at all
Spoiler:
Sakuya's
Speed got buffed slightly
Spoiler:
Kanako's
Defense and Mind got buffed slightly
Spoiler:
Yuyuko's
HP and Magic got nerfed slightly, Defense got buffed slightly, and Mind got buffed
Spoiler:
Eiki's
Defense and Mind got nerfed

There was a lot of missing Speed growths so I couldn't tell if Speed was changed for the most part.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:51:43 PM by jaxter0987 »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #661 on: September 18, 2013, 03:12:42 AM »
Buffs! Buffs for everyone!

I assume that the 1+ point to those stats is the base, and thus raises the stat growths? Cool :o

Now... anyone got an idea what that would add up to over 20 levels or so?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #662 on: September 18, 2013, 03:19:05 AM »
Why buff
Spoiler:
Sakuya's
speed when if she pops off a
Spoiler:
Triple Lunar Clock with her double attack ability it'll make things more crazy?
I guess I can't complain though...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:21:19 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

jaxter0987

« Reply #663 on: September 18, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
I assume that the 1+ point to those stats is the base, and thus raises the stat growths? Cool :o

Now... anyone got an idea what that would add up to over 20 levels or so?
The point changes I mentioned are the changes to the rate of growth. For example, instead of getting 12.4 HP per level, Aya now gets 13.6 HP per level. These changes wouldn't be noticed in the beginning of the game, but they become more prominent when you start factoring in Voile and the special item boosts later in the game, which also affects growth rates it seems. I'd imagine that having a higher base growth rate means that raising the growth rate even further with Voile and items becomes easier, like how level-up bonuses become more meaningful the more they're stacked.

Example One thing to note is that they did lower how effective Voile boosts were but you can still see how a slight change in stat growth affects the character. Reason I'm using 1.13 is because the transition from 1.13 to 1.141 was the balance patch. 1.141 to 1.150 doesn't seem to have affected the characters. Its more of a bug fix and new feature patch it seems.
Why buff
Spoiler:
Sakuya's
Speed when if she pops off a
Spoiler:
Triple Lunar Clock with her double attack ability it'll make thing more crazy.
It's a very slight Speed buff. Not enough to make her overly powerful. Not sure why she got the buff though, as I felt she was fast enough as it is. It might even be just an error while editing her growth values on the wiki given the slight change.

Edit: Aww, they fixed Magic Filling so that its not hilariously broken anymore. Am also disappoint that
Spoiler:
Byakuren's buff copying spell doesn't copy Magic Filling over
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:43:58 AM by jaxter0987 »

Murakumo

« Reply #664 on: September 18, 2013, 04:48:42 AM »
Does
Spoiler:
MAlice cannon
works only if another user in reserve party? How about them both being in the front row?

And Hina not receiving nerfs :wat: She surely avoided that misfortune

EDIT. OHKO? vs Mokou
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:26:49 AM by Murakumo »

jaxter0987

« Reply #665 on: September 18, 2013, 05:27:39 AM »
Does
Spoiler:
MAlice cannon
works only if another user in reserve party? How about them both being in the front row?

And Hina not receiving nerfs :wat: She surely avoided that misfortune

EDIT. OHKO? vs Mokou
It works as long as the other user is in the party as well, active or reserve.

Psh, I unofficially OHKO'd Mokou already. I'd be impressed if that was Hardmode. Derp it is Hardmode.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:38:34 AM by jaxter0987 »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #666 on: September 18, 2013, 06:19:55 AM »
No, [spolier]MAlice cannon[/spolier] works only when the other person is in reserve.
Not exactly meaningful, but Marisa still benefits from the speed boost even when both people are in reserve.

Hina's Misfortune Reversal is strange.
She doesn't get a increase in SPD only when she has a -50% SPD debuff, but it works when she has less than -50%.

EDIT:
Marisa's [spolier]MAlice cannon[/spolier] activates when someone in the front row receives a turn while the condition is satisfied.
It deactivates when someone in the front row receives a turn while the condition isn't satisfied.

Which results in bizarre behavior when you switch in or out the other character, or at the start of battle

I think it goes the same for all passive skills. Although only SPD-related skills really matter.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:06:24 AM by Sungho »
Signature

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #667 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:50 AM »
Edit: Aww, they fixed Magic Filling so that its not hilariously broken anymore. Am also disappoint that
Spoiler:
Byakuren's buff copying spell doesn't copy Magic Filling over

Wait, how was Magic Filling broken? Also,
Spoiler:
Byakuren's buff copy spell could do that before? How odd.

Attack command is finally fixed for char with higher magic than attack, the text says magic attack and the damage type is mystic.

Well, that's certainly interesting to hear. I guess having a MAG stat driven attack of the physical element would of been too much to hope for, huh?

In any case, the magic attack being MYS element is a good thing for Marisa, as her "Magic Training" skill will strengthen that a bit. Come to think of it, doesn't
Spoiler:
Iku
have skills related to the Attack Command?

One more thing: why doesn't the attack spells for the subclasses have anything written in their Damage Formula section? No indication of Attack, Magic, or Composite at all. I know that it's nitpicking and I'm sorry if I sound rude, but that does seem strange that nothing is written in those places...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:46:34 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #668 on: September 18, 2013, 07:03:50 AM »
One more thing: why doesn't the attack spells for the subclasses have anything written in their Damage Formula section? No indication of Attack, Magic, or Composite at all. I know that it's nitpicking and I'm sorry if I sound rude, but that does seem strange that nothing is written in those places...

Vicious related oversight from him totally being lazy. Filling those in now...Done.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:09:36 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #669 on: September 18, 2013, 07:32:44 AM »
Vicious related oversight from him totally being lazy. Filling those in now...Done.

Thanks. That means a lot to me, it really does.

Also, I noticed that some of the attacks in the character's spells say that they inflict Slow(I first noticed this with Cirno's spells, there may be more like this for other character's spells as well). Now, I remembered from before that Slow is supposed to mean Heavy, but it would be nice if it was written as "May Inflict Heavy"(unless said "Slow" effect is actually a debuff instead) rather than Slow, for the sake of consistency and to avoid confusion, yes?

Edit: I just noticed this in the gameplay section under Status Resistances...
Heavy: Allies cannot be switched out. Enemies suffer reduced Speed, Mind and Defense as well as reduced Status Resistance.

Reduced Status Resistance? That's new. Figured that I should point that out, to see if it is in fact true.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:40:06 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #670 on: September 18, 2013, 07:54:53 AM »
Thanks. That means a lot to me, it really does.

Also, I noticed that some of the attacks in the character's spells say that they inflict Slow(I first noticed this with Cirno's spells, there may be more like this for other character's spells as well). Now, I remembered from before that Slow is supposed to mean Heavy, but it would be nice if it was written as "May Inflict Heavy"(unless said "Slow" effect is actually a debuff instead) rather than Slow, for the sake of consistency and to avoid confusion, yes?

Edit: I just noticed this in the gameplay section under Status Resistances...
Reduced Status Resistance? That's new. Figured that I should point that out, to see if it is in fact true.

The Slow thing refers to Speed Debuff. Don't know why its only on Cirno, changing that now...
And, if I remember correctly, the thing about Heavy is wrong. The lowering of defense and mind was a bug that was fixed in 1.40. Not sure about the status resist thing though.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #671 on: September 18, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »
Thanks, Yukkuri.

There's something that I want to bring up from earlier, mainly this post...

I actually tried that but it seems like High-Level Treatment doesn't trigger when using Prayer of Recovery, it only works when you use Prayer of Good Health (second spell you learn from Healer subclass which only cures ailments)

This... actually doesn't make a lot of sense. High-Level Treatment gives a chance to heal any status ailment when using a healing spell. I would've presumed that a spell that already removes status ailments, but not restore HP, would technically not count towards activating this skill, but apparently I seem to be mistaken. It's rather odd that High-Level Treatment works with the status healing spell of the Healer subclass, but not the HP healing one of the same subclass. A bug perhaps?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:13:30 AM by Kirin no Sora »

« Reply #672 on: September 18, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
Hi, first time poster, long time lurker here.  I have a quick question:  I'm having issues leaving floor 12 (mainly I can't figure out where to recruit Suwako).  I've beaten Tenshi, and have recruited every character up to Tenshi, with the exception of Suwako and Aya (I managed to miss an event early in the game, and honestly can't figure out where it was).  The only places I haven't mapped on the floor is the area behind the rocks near Tenshi (which I need both goddesses to get past).  Also, this is my map (I've since popped past the 60 achievement rock, which currently has nothing behind it) http://i.imgur.com/In8P6lo.png

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.  I didn't speak to Suwako on F10 after I recruited Kanako, which triggered a couple more events.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:03:44 PM by ilyanna »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #673 on: September 18, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
Dear Jax, that was the best idea ever for using the switch method for
Spoiler:
Tenshi 12F

Warning Spoilers:

The Results.

The MVP.

Revenge is so sweet, thank you Jax.  :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:14:59 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #674 on: September 18, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »
Spoiler:
Utsuho's
Defense got nerfed slightly
Ouch, if anything she needed a buff.

jaxter0987

« Reply #675 on: September 18, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
No,
Spoiler:
MAlice cannon
works only when the other person is in reserve.
Not exactly meaningful, but Marisa still benefits from the speed boost even when both people are in reserve.

Hina's Misfortune Reversal is strange.
She doesn't get a increase in SPD only when she has a -50% SPD debuff, but it works when she has less than -50%.

EDIT:
Marisa's
Spoiler:
MAlice cannon
activates when someone in the front row receives a turn while the condition is satisfied.
It deactivates when someone in the front row receives a turn while the condition isn't satisfied.

Which results in bizarre behavior when you switch in or out the other character, or at the start of battle

I think it goes the same for all passive skills. Although only SPD-related skills really matter.
Aww so it was just bizarre behavior when I had both out with the it activated... Still it's better than the way it was before.

Anyone know if the Speed related bug for Synergy skills has been fixed or not? I vaguely recall that a majority of them don't have a working Speed buff.
Wait, how was Magic Filling broken? Also,
Spoiler:
Byakuren's buff copy spell could do that before? How odd.
It was broken before because the buff never decayed. Now it properly decays like other buffs and instead of being able to just slap it on someone that's always in the active party
Spoiler:
Byakuren in my case
and be done with it, I actually have to re apply the buff. I called it broken but it definitely is not game breaking like Diva is. The wiki says that there's no apparent benefit from leveling, but I think that leveling the skill up would reduce the rate at which it decays. Seems to make the most sense but I haven't tested it yet.

I don't know if it ever could do it before. I was just commenting that I noticed it doesn't do it now. Reason I noticed this now was because Magic Filling actually decays so I'd be able to see the difference.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:24:11 PM by jaxter0987 »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #676 on: September 19, 2013, 12:15:16 AM »
The JPN wiki says Chireiden Party and Residents of Koumakan got their SPD buffs fixed.

Small was quite a understatement.
Using the 'Unify Party Level' doesn't change the skill points and level-up bonuses properly.
Which means repeating 'Unify Party Level' : Lv. 1 and 'Level Up Everyone' will net you gratuitous amounts of skill points and level-up bonuses.

In addition to this, when you press cancel in the 'Distribute Level-Up Bonuses' menu, the change in stock will be saved, but the bonuses in the character won't be saved.
Which means simply repeating withdrawing bonuses in the menu and pressing cancel will net you gratuitous amounts of level-up bonuses.

I think it's taking a long time to release a quick patch just because fixing the mess caused by these bugs isn't exactly easy.
Signature

« Reply #677 on: September 19, 2013, 03:47:45 AM »
SO, Murakumo and I are going to face off in a Hard Mode Draft Run of LoT2  :]
We'll be banning shortly starting with myself... and for my first ban I'll pick
Spoiler:
Suika
!

started a new thread, so we should be ready to go soon...

« Reply #678 on: September 19, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
And there's our 1.151.
■ver1.151パッチでの主な修正点、変更点
「パーティ全員のLv統一」使用時にスキルポイント、LvUPボーナスに異常が発生するバグなどを修正。

« Reply #679 on: September 19, 2013, 09:37:49 AM »
And there's our 1.151.

Probably that lvl up bonus points bug fix. Took them awhile to release it though

« Reply #680 on: September 19, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »
Probably that lvl up bonus points bug fix. Took them awhile to release it though

Correct. While I'm here, some 1.150 things that haven't been translated. Some accuracy/evasion-affecting skills that previously weren't working now do. No idea which this refers to. In addition, all party members, whether in reserves or on the front line, now receive an additional battle point at the end of each battle.

Nice choice on the avatar, by the way; second best boss from Tempest, I'd say. I finished up a series of notes (no coded translation, I barely understand computers at all) translating the gameplay so it should be more easily playable, do you think I should post them somewhere?

« Reply #681 on: September 19, 2013, 09:50:04 AM »
Nice choice on the avatar, by the way; second best boss from Tempest, I'd say. I finished up a series of notes (no coded translation, I barely understand computers at all) translating the gameplay so it should be more easily playable, do you think I should post them somewhere?

Thanks! And you probably should post em somewhere. I'm still not sure what the various weather effects do and I also want to know the conditions on how to activate the bosses Alternate spells.

Also the accuracy thing is for Momiji's skill "Tengu's Watchful Eye"

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #682 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
This patch not only fixes the "Lv. Up Unification" option bug (as the description itself says it does), but it also lets you access the bonus points menu even if each character is at 0 level up bonus points. That's pretty nice, considering it felt kind of dumb that you couldn't reorganize your level up points when they were all distributed out. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #683 on: September 19, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
So is 1.51 stable, or is it still fairly buggy?

« Reply #684 on: September 19, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
Spoiler:
So I was wondering if anyone was able to beat Tenshi the 2nd round on 9F
I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLSvZIdPVkE
 which then makes me wonder if this is possible in hard mode without poison and 2 instant attack

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #685 on: September 19, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »
Hi, all. Got something to note about the wiki...

1) Hina's skill is written as "Swiftly crossing our fingers" in the skill list, but the character overview section of her profile calls it "Engacho Guard". Which one is it supposed to be, if I can ask?

2)
Spoiler:
Iku's
character overview section states that some of her skills are ineffective due to the Attack command only drawing from the Attack stat(a bug, in other words). If I remember correctly, that bug had been fixed in the latest patch, yes?

Anyways, I hope that reporting that helps people out.

Edit: Oops! Forgot to put certain stuff into spoilers...  :blush: :blush: :blush:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:33:06 AM by Kirin no Sora »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #686 on: September 19, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
Made it to 20Fs relay point before the final boss.  Didn't have much problem getting here to be honest.  With literally 30-40 minutes of preparation (swapping characters/equipment/whatever), I more or less owned the 18F boss with minimal trouble.

20F bosses...one on the west side took a few tries because of some nasty nukes (And starting off with a LOVELY move if I do say so myself).  The one on the east side?  Weak to dark.

You know what that means.  Hina + Pain Flow = 200k damage to the boss...and she wasn't even fully debuffed either, heh.  I did pour a ton of points into her MAG though (lv235 I think it is now) as well as giving her some equipments with high MAG bonuses.

Time to start doing some serious grinding with the southern 20F enemies.  12k exp and 2k money roughly per easy battle?  Worth it!  When
Spoiler:
Meiling, Remilia, Sakuya, and Patchouli
can absolutely rip through any of the 20F enemies with minimal effort.

Oh yeah, I also got
Spoiler:
Flandre
.  Not a hard fight at all.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

jaxter0987

« Reply #687 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »
Hi, all. Got something to note about the wiki...

1) Hina's skill is written as "Swiftly crossing our fingers" in the skill list, but the character overview section of her profile calls it "Engacho Guard". Which one is it supposed to be, if I can ask?

2)
Spoiler:
Iku's
character overview section states that some of her skills are ineffective due to the Attack command only drawing from the Attack stat(a bug, in other words). If I remember correctly, that bug had been fixed in the latest patch, yes?

Anyways, I hope that reporting that helps people out.
You should probably ask the translation thread on that. I personally liked the sound of Engacho Guard more than Swiftly Crossing Our Fingers (way too literal imo) but it was currently translated that way in the partial translation patch so... yeah.

That bug should have been fixed but I haven't been able to confirm that her skills work so I was hesitant to edit the wiki.
So is 1.51 stable, or is it still fairly buggy?
Seems like 1.151 is stable, though maybe you should give it at least a day for us to find out if there are any glaring bugs.

Also, forgive me for being an idiot but
Spoiler:
Eirin's
and
Spoiler:
Meiling's
HP didn't get buffed. I forgot I had the First Aid Kit item on them...
Spoiler:
Eirin
literally got nerfs all around.

Edit: Due to the change in the number of skill points required for Nitori's,
Spoiler:
Ran's
and
Spoiler:
Eirin's
Cooling Down skill (from 5 to 12), you could end up with additional skill points if you had the skill already leveled before switching over to this patch.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:06:31 PM by jaxter0987 »

Sahgren

« Reply #688 on: September 19, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
After a bit of testing, only the counter for
Spoiler:
Iku's
skills seems to be working. At 15365 magic, Iku's attack did ~70 against the
Spoiler:
super high defense butterfly on 20F
with and without the 80% defense ignore, but the counter did go off when she took a magic attack. It just seems to be picky about what it counts as a magic attack and what doesn't.

Though it doesn't really matter since her attack/magic is crap if you decide to take advantage of her buffs and bulk to build her as a very survivable support.

Edit: Quick question though. Does the basic attack for casters still target defense? Cause if it targets mind,
Spoiler:
Iku's
ability to ignore defense with attacks really doesn't amount to anything even if it does get fixed.

Edit 2: Also looks like they didn't get around to fixing having the framerate drop if you have any other big windows open. Oh well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:38:09 PM by Sahgren »

jaxter0987

« Reply #689 on: September 19, 2013, 07:43:18 PM »
After a bit of testing, only the counter for
Spoiler:
Iku's
skills seems to be working. At 15365 magic, Iku's attack did ~70 against the
Spoiler:
super high defense butterfly on 20F
with and without the 80% defense ignore, but the counter did go off when she took a magic attack. It just seems to be picky about what it counts as a magic attack and what doesn't.

Though it doesn't really matter since her attack/magic is crap if you decide to take advantage of her buffs and bulk to build her as a very survivable support.

Edit: Quick question though. Does the basic attack for casters still target defense? Cause if it targets mind,
Spoiler:
Iku's
ability to ignore defense with attacks really doesn't amount to anything even if it does get fixed.
I'm pretty sure the Attack command always targets enemy defense regardless of which stat it scaled from. I recall reading that somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it after a quick look. I have no idea where I got the idea but that's what I figured. Or maybe I'm just blind.

Edit: I never actually tried attacking with casters before. Seeing Marisa do 20k with just a basic attack was great.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:53:00 PM by jaxter0987 »