Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 278194 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #450 on: September 07, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »
You have to clear the game at least once on patch 1.140 onward to unlock Hard mode.

You don't. You can play Hard Mode without having to beat the game. After starting a New Game (don't know with a NG+), it asks you if you want to play in Hard Mode.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #451 on: September 07, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »
Wow, these orbs are kicking my ass.
Effing attack orb can drop anyone but
Spoiler:
Meiling
, as has been happening in a number of fights recently, and
Spoiler:
Flandre
is the only person I have who can hurt it for a halfway decent amount. I'm at the recommended level, and am trying not to resort to overleveling.

Spoiler:
Also the decision to replace Patchy with Flan was the best decision of my playthrough. Give Flan a subclass with attacks, and she's golden.

E:
Spoiler:
LAVATEIN FOR THE WIN!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:28:33 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #452 on: September 07, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
Okay, on 6F,
Spoiler:
what is the requirement to remove the rock past Tenshi? On Hard, she has a Challenge Level of 40, and checking it by being Level 41, it doesn't require that you beat her.

Image of it. Warning, contains spoilers :P

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »
You need
Spoiler:
Satori

Sahgren

« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:02 AM »
You don't. You can play Hard Mode without having to beat the game. After starting a New Game (don't know with a NG+), it asks you if you want to play in Hard Mode.

Erm... right you are. I'd gotten mixed up and forgotten that the Hard Mode prompt comes after the intro sequence.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #455 on: September 08, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »
I'm currently going through the wiki making some corrections when I see them.

If you want to edit the wiki, you are free to do so BUT use the names and descriptions that are currently in the patch. Do not change the name to fit something better cause you feel like it. If the description does not do what it's suppose to do, ask on the translation thread, it may be an error on our part. If not, this is an in-game bug and you should put it in the bug section, do not change a description to reflect what's happening in game. (The exception for this is you can use the character's name in the description instead of skill holder, the "skill holder" is necessary in the game) Don't remove the attribute from the spells, even if they don't do damage, they are still in-game stuff and can be useful.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:37:06 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #456 on: September 08, 2013, 12:38:13 AM »
Cheat Engine, pah. I can do better than that.
Quote from: Wiki
Hexes 0x00 to 0x03 contain the level. That's bigger than the Disgaea level cap, which is saying something.
More than level 9999? Hopefully we won't need to face Baal.

But why? Why so many levels? T_T

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #457 on: September 08, 2013, 12:49:15 AM »
And yet, with nearly 17 million levels, Reimu still only has 32 MP.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #458 on: September 08, 2013, 01:16:45 AM »
Wow, these orbs are kicking my ass.
Effing attack orb can drop anyone but
Spoiler:
Meiling
, as has been happening in a number of fights recently, and
Spoiler:
Flandre
is the only person I have who can hurt it for a halfway decent amount. I'm at the recommended level, and am trying not to resort to overleveling.

Spoiler:
Also the decision to replace Patchy with Flan was the best decision of my playthrough. Give Flan a subclass with attacks, and she's golden.

E:
Spoiler:
LAVATEIN FOR THE WIN!!
I wrote the recommended level after fighting the boss myself and could probably use an adjustment given the nerfs across the board. Actually, pretty much all the bosses could probably have their recommended levels changed due to this patch. With my party having an average at the recommended level, I was still having trouble beating the boss even in 1.13. I don't even want to know how much harder the fight will be given the changes...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:23:25 AM by jaxter0987 »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #459 on: September 08, 2013, 01:20:37 AM »
More than level 9999? Hopefully we won't need to face Baal.

But why? Why so many levels? T_T

Because, by default, programmers generally hold things in 4-byte values.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #460 on: September 08, 2013, 01:27:49 AM »
I'd think that they might have wanted to reduce it, but then again, I haven't played too many fan-games, so I wouldn't know that.

« Reply #461 on: September 08, 2013, 03:19:14 AM »
Ummm. When did Komachi learn to use recover in her boss battle? She recovers like 900+ HP

« Reply #462 on: September 08, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
tested this already it is true.. sadly...

cant really understand why anyone would put
Spoiler:
Suwako in the far left slot and I still dont get why the bonus dmg is not the same...
It's an ability that gives you a large bonus for taking a risk, I like it.

Spoiler:
Oh huh, that's a good idea.  I'd always sort of written off the offensive subclass spells but she'd be the one to use give them too given imba attack and only one element that doesn't screw the rest of your team, too bad the "do 10% bonus damage when at full HP" on Warrior would kind of go to waste.  Then again, Gambler is tempting on her too...

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #463 on: September 08, 2013, 08:42:10 AM »
on 1.141 i can no longer access the third page of the special items menu. the game still counts three pages (never had a > arrow on page to to page three to begin with) page 2 going right just send page to page one. anyone far on a 1.13 remember what all was kept on page 3?

Edit: only seems to apply to reimu's shrine, going via inventory works fine, but we can only use them via the shrine, anything important, or is it hopefully just passive hold effects? ..i'd like to believe that, but they seem to be randomly all over the pages.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:06:44 AM by dawnbomb »
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #464 on: September 08, 2013, 09:04:52 AM »
Spoiler:
Patchy's Philosopher's Stones, Byakuren's Scrolls
, a bunch of seals, and the subclass proofs.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »
And yet, with nearly 17 million levels, Reimu still only has 32 MP.
*teaspit.jpg*
Ummm. When did Komachi learn to use recover in her boss battle? She recovers like 900+ HP
Seems you skilled her regeneration passive. Dem Komachi passives 2 good except that one which turns defense and mind debuff into buff
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
*teaspit.jpg*
Yeah, she caps MP at level 192.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #467 on: September 08, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
Yeah, she caps MP at level 192.
Oh, so characters cap MP at double their starting, not counting other boosts? Ain't that just dandy ._. I was hoping only affinities would be like that.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #468 on: September 08, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »
In other news, Hina just solo'd the 12F mirror. The other characters were basically just temporary receptacles for her to drain debuffs from (and then die) while she dealt quintuple-digit damage after mind and resistance (which, considering the boss, are both very high).

Dayumn girl.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #469 on: September 08, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
Seems you skilled her regeneration passive. Dem Komachi passives 2 good except that one which turns defense and mind debuff into buff
I'm pretty sure he means when you fight her as a boss
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #470 on: September 08, 2013, 07:02:08 PM »
Great Incantation seems to be working in this patch.  Can't wait to start using that + Gambler's Turbo MP skill on Patchy, with the bonus regen from Great Incantation and her passive (not to mention her crazy high base MP and just average base costs) the higher costs will probably be a nonissue.  Somewhat hard to say whether taking double damage is worth a 30% bonus though.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #471 on: September 08, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
This is "HP? What are those?"-Patchy we're talking about. Double the damage of a near-guaranteed kill is merely a guaranteed kill.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #472 on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »
Thing is, depending on where that 2x damage multiplier goes in the formula, it could mean that even Mind tanking is impossible for her... Without that, her Mind would let her Tank out some attacks and take little to no damage, but with it, she could be getting blown away >.>

« Reply #473 on: September 08, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »
I dont know if i saw a link for the charagraph folder some pages back, i want to replace yuugi in TH1 with kasen sprites, who has the link?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #474 on: September 08, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »
I dont know if i saw a link for the charagraph folder some pages back, i want to replace yuugi in TH1 with kasen sprites, who has the link?
Here you are.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ts13bii8j118ynd/Labyrinth+of+Touhou+2+-+Chara.rar
I don't know if the dimensions are the same across the games, though. You might have to do some resizing with Gimp or something.

It was on page 7, just for the record. The OST is on the same page, if you're interested.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:26:47 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

jaxter0987

« Reply #475 on: September 08, 2013, 09:50:11 PM »
I'm now disappointed that Heavy's defense lowering qualities were a bug. Heavy is pretty much going to be useless to me after they patch it.

Sahgren

« Reply #476 on: September 08, 2013, 10:24:27 PM »
I think the speed reduction it gives will still make Heavy worth the time to apply. Curbing a boss' damage and healing by limiting the number of turns they get does make or break fights.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #477 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »
Spoiler:
On 12F. Am I the only one who REAAAALLY thinks the Magatama is BS?

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #478 on: September 08, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
No.

Speaking of which, I just killed it. Holy carp Hina, you've just taken Chen's position as MVP there.

jaxter0987

« Reply #479 on: September 08, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »
Spoiler:
On 12F. Am I the only one who REAAAALLY thinks the Magatama is BS?
Oh trust me, I had so much trouble with the damned thing. Which is why its recommendation level is higher than its counter part, because seriously...
Spoiler:
Damn those HP reduction moves