Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 275267 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
Edit: I think I'm gonna cry. I didn't realize that the final boss
Spoiler:
is weak to poison. Y'know, cause it's a freakin' talking inanimate object. I went from trying to figure out why people were calling him easy to steamrolling him.
:objection!:
Bestiary says otherwise actually.
Spoiler:
To my understanding, O means slight resist, a circle within that is moderate, and Star is heavy to Immune. A weakness to an ailment or element would be the Triangle or X... I assume. Thus, Yukari is weak to debuffs, Ran is weak to Poison and Debuffs, Yuuka is weak to Heavy, and all of them are massively resistant/immune to Death. Not to say that Poison isn't effective... just that he isn't outright weak to it.
The more you know~~  :getdown:

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »
Yeah. Yeah. Team ⑨ is strong. Like. REALLY strong. They ran circles around the Siren and just pounded it into submission. And it couldn't do shat for damage against them either.

Just for the record, the description of the Team ⑨ Skill is misleading. It makes it seem like you only get the buff if you have all 4. You get the buff for having any two members out, and it grows per extra member. Like with all 4, the buff is Bakatet Lv. 6, which means they have a +72% to all stats except speed, which they have a +36%.

E:
Spoiler:
I just steamrolled Hina. She did all her things, too: Reverse debuffs, her dark nuke, spinning around more than usual. Nothing stops the rape train that is Team ⑨.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:42:38 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2013, 12:28:37 AM »
I just had a Eureka! moment. Toxicologist Komachi with Toxic Strengthening and The Shinigami's Work. Earlier, someone mentioned landing Death on bosses that had a Star resist to it, so couldn't Toxic Strengthening raise the Death rate even higher, possibly allowing even more bosses to die to it?

Spoiler:
Could Toxicologist Yuyuko pull this off as well, despite lacking her own Death boosting skill? I want to assume Scythe That Chooses the Dead/Scythe of Final Judgement has the same Death rate as Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana, like in Laby1.

The idea of landing Death on the Final Boss is a rather amusing one for me, one that needs testing XD

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »
Bug list pulled from the jpwiki (I ignored all the spelling errors):

-Normal attack says that it uses "the higher of ATK and MAG", but currently it only uses ATK>
-Nitori, Eirin and Ran's "Cooldown" skill isn't working at level 1, and at level 2 it's only 2x.
-Minoriko, Kaguya's "Desire to Rest" skill isn't working.
-"SDM Residents" effect does not increase agility.
-Reimu's Spell "Fantasy Seal" accounts for enemy DEF.
-Marisa's skill "Malice Cannon (Marisa)" isn't working.
-Momiji's skill "Tengu's Watchful Eye" doesn't seem to have any effect.
-Rumia's spell "Moonlight Ray" accounts for enemy DEF.
-Komachi's spell "Scythe that Choose the Dead" has DTH effect.
-Nitori's spell "Kappa's Illusionary Waterfall"'s DEF debuff aspect isn't working.
-Wriggle's spell "Poison Touch" isn't working.
-Kaguya's spell "Dragon's Necklace" ignores enemy MND.
-Nazrin's skill "Myouren Temple Personnel" isn't working.
-Rin's spell "Vengeful Cannibal Spirit" doesn't inflict Terror, but inflicts Shock
-Satori's spell "Brain Fingerprint" isn't 100% accurate.
-Yuugi's spell "Unremovable Shackles" doens't inflict silence
-Meiling's skill "Gatekeeper that wants to rest" doesn't work.
-Eirin's spell "Hourai Elixir" is Nature-elemental, and has additional stat-based healing aside from the 50% healing
-Sanae's spell "Moses's Miracle" has the same power as Night with Bright Guest Stars?
-Sanae's skill "Divine Protection of Moriya" isn't working, while "Last Wish" has its effect isntead
-Kanako's spell "Beautiful Spring like Suiga" does not debuff MAG
-Suwako's spell "Mishaguji-sama" does not debuff DEF
-Suwako's skill "Ability to create Earth" does not work.
-Flan's spells "Forbidden Fruit" and "Laevatain" takes the "MP penalty from teammates" from Flan as well.
-Flan's skill "Vampiric Wrath" does not work.
-Yuyuko's skill "Banquet of Regret and Sympathy" does not work.
-Yukari's spell "Shikigami Yakumo Ran+" accounts for enemy DEF.
-Byakuren's spell "Skanda's Leg" confusingly meshes up PHY and WND. It's actually WND elemental.
-Byakuren's spell "Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant" increases ATK
-Eiki's spell "Bar of the Ten Kings" description mentions both single-target and multi-target. It's actually multi-target.
-Protector's skill "Efficient Concentration" doesn't work.
-Protector's spell "Shield Defense" doesn't lower SPD.

-The Bee Shield's "Damage +12% when HP is full" actually activates when MP is full.

-When using options -> return to title screen from within the dungeon, the "consecutive battle bonus" is not correctly initialized (inb4 major glitch abuse)
-Why is Hina an aquatic creature?
-Why is Eiki a plant?
-A certain Magatami boss on later floors isn't Inorganic like its pals
-An enemy on 16F "闇光の経霊" doesn't register in the bestiary
-Achievement 16 doesn't get unlocked
-Achievement 28 gets unlocked at 20000 skill levels instead of 10000
-Equipments which affect HP/MP regeneration has its effect calculated again when levelling up/down. (For example: If someone equips an item that increase MP regen by 1, levelling up/and down will turn the bonus into 2.) This gets reset when changing equipments, changing skill points or distributing points.
-At about level 900, experience points from level down overflows.
-Sometimes character don't recover MP correctly in the back row.
-If you defeat 密林の凶蔦眼 (no idea what monster this is) while 凶蔦眼のツタ (no idea what monster this is either) is still alive, the latter using a certain skill that affects the former will crash the game. Similar scenario happens with 16F and 17F's FOE.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:04 AM »

-Komachi's spell "Scythe that Choose the Dead" has DTH effect.
-Eirin's spell "Hourai Elixir" is Nature-elemental, and has additional stat-based healing aside from the 50% healing.
-Byakuren's spell "Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant" increases ATK.
Those are bugs!? I hope those never get patched. Ever. Those are all beneficial, and the Hourai Elixir one actually makes Eirin pretty good. Fix that one, and she is back to Laby1 levels of "why do you even exist?"

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2013, 12:56:56 AM »
-Marisa's skill "Malice Cannon (Marisa)" isn't working.
DAMMIT! There goes one of my pairs. At least Alice's still works, I'm assuming.

-If you defeat 密林の凶蔦眼 (no idea what monster this is) while 凶蔦眼のツタ (no idea what monster this is either) is still alive, the latter using a certain skill that affects the former will crash the game. Similar scenario happens with 16F and 17F's FOE.

I think this one's talking about the Alice crash with the vines. Or the big Vine Boss with the vines. Either way, the vines will try to heal the boss after its dead, and the game with crash.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:04:42 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2013, 01:00:00 AM »

-Komachi's spell "Scythe that Choose the Dead" has DTH effect. (
-Wriggle's spell "Poison Touch" isn't working.
-Kaguya's spell "Dragon's Necklace" ignores enemy MND.
-Nazrin's skill "Myouren Temple Personnel" isn't working.
-Eirin's spell "Hourai Elixir" is Nature-elemental, and has additional stat-based healing aside from the 50% healing
-Byakuren's spell "Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant" increases ATK
My two cents:

- Hold the duck on Komachi's Scythe that Chooses Death back in LoT1 had a DTH effect so, why take it out??
- Poison Touch worked for me, but it was more like low chance.
- Keep it that way, but doesn't Nation of the Noble Moon do the trick too so... uh I question it?
- Yes keep it! Keep it! Eirin needs it.
- I'll test it out when I get Byakuren.
- YES KEEP IT!

That's all I have to say about some of the bugs.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:10:39 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2013, 01:04:07 AM »
They're listed as bugs because they do stuff that skill description doesn't say they do (or in Scythe that chooses the dead's case, specifically what the skill description says it won't do).

And Malice Cannon - Marisa/Malice Cannon - Alice are different skills, so I imagine that one not working won't necessarily affect the other.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2013, 02:01:50 AM »
Yeah I'm only doing this once. I'm laughing and crying simultaneously.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2013, 02:06:49 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised that most of the bugs listed were ones I noticed. I didn't notice any of the bugged skills though with the exception of Komachi's Scythe that Chooses the Dead. I knew that it was pretty bull shit to be able to do high damage AND inflict Death at the low cost of 6 MP. And for the record, I never really used Komachi in the first game except for that one fight in the Plus Disk.

In this game, Komachi is easily my MVP. The amount of times she's saved me in a boss fight where everyone except Marisa is dead is staggering. Kept stalling while Marisa recovered MP in the reserve for another Master Spark. Also, joining the band wagon that Healer Komachi is awesome. 16% HP regen is great and I was surprised how much Prayer of Recovery was healing.

And on that note, I honestly think Magician Minoriko is like the best thing ever. And the obvious Enhancer Reimu is great as well.
Excuse me, wiki, but
Spoiler:
Ran
actually hits really damn hard. And she's really fast even without buffs, too. And debuffing her got me nowhere.
In the end, the only way I found to beat her was killing all the helpers before she got a second turn, with Nitori and Patchouli. Seeing that much damage (thanks Iku and Keine!) was fun.
I don't know about you but I was under leveled when I fought her and she was doing ignorable damage without buffs. Still took me a couple of tries to actually beat her because I could never take out the
Spoiler:
Shinigami
before they buffed her. Also, you can pretty much direct all grievances with regards to the boss fight information towards me, as I pretty much wrote every boss fight from 5F on. There are some that I'm less than satisfied with, but it was better than having nothing written.
I ran into the same problem myself, racking up something like 1,200 BP on
Spoiler:
Okuu
and still not finishing the event. Then I took a look at the Japanese wiki.

It turns out that
Spoiler:
Okuu
only needs 120 BP. Minoriko, on the other hand, needs 200. Description on Touhouwiki seems to imply that you only need BP for each individual character, but you'll need BP for Minoriko for each event (Cirno's requires 400).

Many facepalms were had.
I'm guessing Minoriko only needs 300 for Nitori's event then.
How much BP is needed for Nitori and Cirno?  Nitori is fine, but I don't want Cirno in the party any longer than she needs to be.

I've also wondered for awhile, but what exactly is a Synergy playthrough?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:27:04 AM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2013, 02:20:16 AM »
I've also wondered for awhile, but what exactly is a Synergy playthrough?

You only use characters with Synergy skills, like Team ⑨, the Hell Crew, etc. For example, on my Synergy, I'm using Malice, Team ⑨, MokouxKeine, and the SDM crew. And no one else.

jaxter0987

« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2013, 02:42:12 AM »
You only use characters with Synergy skills, like Team ⑨, the Hell Crew, etc. For example, on my Synergy, I'm using Malice, Team ⑨, MokouxKeine, and the SDM crew. And no one else.
Interesting...
So there is:
Spoiler:
Malice (2)
MokouxKeine (2)
IkuxTenshi (2)
Hell Crew (3)
Eientei Residents (3)
Moriya Shrine (3)
Yakumo Family (3)
Team ⑨ (4)
SDM Crew (5)

And the people who are left out would be
Spoiler:
Reimu, Rinnosuke, Momiji, Kogasa, Youmu, Parsee, Komachi, Minoriko, Nitori, Kasen, Nazrin, Aya, Yuugi, Hina, Suika, Yuyuko, Eiki, Byakuren, and Yuuka

Ouch. That's already a loss of 8 characters I like to use, on top of picking ~3 groups out of the 9 available.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:44:32 AM by jaxter0987 »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »
Magician Minoriko? Not Enhancer? I loved Enhancer Minoriko to death. It's Reimu I think would be the Magician here, since that 20% chance for a free spell is a god send on her and her expensive spells.

jaxter0987

« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2013, 03:02:43 AM »
Magician Minoriko because holy crap you can't run out of MP with her. Rapid Charge plus her already high MP recovery is more than enough. And once Desire to Rest is actually working, she can easily be switched in and out while using Magic Transfer with no loss to her own MP even without levels in Magic Transfer. Even now, she works well to keep your MP flowing since she can easily just Concentrate one turn and be right back in top condition. Plus, her buffing and healing is already good as is, and doesn't need the extra benefits in my opinion.

Both Exorcising Border and Great Hakurei Barrier become even more potent now that healing gives defensive buffs and buffing provides healing.

Just imagine a maxed out Great Hakurei Barrier with a maxed out Heart of Prayers and Enhancer's Strenthening. That's a 70% Defense and Mind buff on top of the 16% HP heal. You could basically flip the numbers and that's what Exorcising Border would become. Compare this to Minoriko's similarly powerful Defense and Mind buff. Her's also is 70% Defense and Mind with 16% HP heal, but it's single target.

Exorcising Border would be a 23% Defense and Mind buff with around 60-80% Heal (The percentage is obviously subjective and depends on factors such as Reimu's Magic, the skill level of Exorcising Border and the HP amount of who she's healing). Minoriko's healing is again, similarly powerful, but its also single target.

Just pick Exorcising Border or Great Hakurei Barrier depending on what you need more of.

I don't like the idea of Reimu having Magician because you're counting on that 20% chance. Reimu probably won't be able to make use of Magic Transfer and Magic Filling anyway, you'd likely be using her for group buffing and healing. And Minoriko is better off with Magic Sufficiency anyway, as she's more of a stay in the front lines and heal character rather than someone like Reimu who is switched in and out.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:48:27 AM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:55 AM »
Whew. Just won the 6F
Spoiler:
Tenshi
fight. Fricking poison wouldn't stick, and she sniped Keine right away. And she will wipe me out, rather then run when I only have two left (I'm gonna fix that on the wiki after I post this). Luckily, each time
Spoiler:
Mokou
resurrects, it counts as a separate person. Also luckily, I was able to hurt her with Team ⑨'s attacks and Cirno's slow was the only thing reliably going off. Mystia was the last one standing.

Spoiler:
But seriously, Tenshi's too cute in battle. It's really hard to take her seriously as she deals 5k to you. It's like "D'awwwww she's killing me". It's like the game is trying to kill the player with diabeetus.

E: Wait, I just thought of this: isn't it kinda pointless to mention that she runs after 10 kills/2 left? Because both take 10 turns, which we know is the limit.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:36:05 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

jaxter0987

« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2013, 04:43:14 AM »
Whew. Just won the 6F
Spoiler:
Tenshi
fight. Fricking poison wouldn't stick, and she sniped Keine right away. And she will wipe me out, rather then run when I only have two left (I'm gonna fix that on the wiki after I post this). Luckily, each time
Spoiler:
Mokou
resurrects, it counts as a separate person. Also luckily, I was able to hurt her with Team ⑨'s attacks and Cirno's slow was the only thing reliably going off. Mystia was the last one standing.

Spoiler:
But seriously, Tenshi's too cute in battle. It's really hard to take her seriously as she deals 5k to you. It's like "D'awwwww she's killing me". It's like the game is trying to kill the player with diabeetus.

E: Wait, I just thought of this: isn't it kinda pointless to mention that she runs after 10 kills/2 left? Because both take 10 turns, which we know is the limit.
Someone else added that bit about
Spoiler:
Tenshi
running after 10 turns. I couldn't personally test this as I progressed past that point already and I accidentally overwrote my save right before the fight, so I opted to leave the the general idea, only editing a few word choices/ grammatical reasons. Glad to know its finally updated with accurate information.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »
Yeah I figured that I'm going through a second time, I can try and catch as many things as I can and try to improve upon the wiki.

Not sure if I just ran into a glitch or what, but the tree FOE on 7F isn't regenerating health every turn.
E: Nevermind, I forgot that he doesn't regen, its just a heal spell he does.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:53:48 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

Murakumo

« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2013, 05:01:45 AM »
She run after 10 turn IRC. She couldn't OHKO Komachi when I was fighting her, so she run away when I had 3-4 characters left

jaxter0987

« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
I still haven't attempted the last boss again after getting my ass thoroughly kicked the first time, so I've been stuck getting BP for characters lately.
Spoiler:
Flandre, Yuuka, and Byakuren
why do you have to require so much BP? T.T

Edit: Another thing you could help with would be the EXP and Skill points dropped by each boss. I can get the information on the FOEs anytime so just focusing other bosses is fine.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:35:45 AM by jaxter0987 »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2013, 06:41:22 AM »
I can confirm with utmost confidence that
Spoiler:
Alice
no longer summons vines. I fought her 6 or 7 times in a row, and let her summon minions repeatedly during all those fights, and she never summoned a vine. They must have changed it with 1.13 OR I'm just really REALLY lucky. I'll update the wiki on it soon.

Finally have Malice and the first SDM member. That completes 3 of my 4 synergy groups. Gotta say, Team ⑨ are my MVPs this game. With the skill, Cirno gets good, Rumia and Mystia are downright lethal and Wriggle's Wriggle.
Spoiler:
I already know they're going to be one-upped by SDM crew, though. Not much is deadlier then Sakuya with a full SDM Crew buff. Had a brief encounter with that while grinding for Flandre.

jaxter0987

« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »

I can confirm with utmost confidence that
Spoiler:
Alice
no longer summons vines. I fought her 6 or 7 times in a row, and let her summon minions repeatedly during all those fights, and she never summoned a vine. They must have changed it with 1.13 OR I'm just really REALLY lucky. I'll update the wiki on it soon.

Finally have Malice and the first SDM member. That completes 3 of my 4 synergy groups. Gotta say, Team ⑨ are my MVPs this game. With the skill, Cirno gets good, Rumia and Mystia are downright lethal and Wriggle's Wriggle.
Spoiler:
I already know they're going to be one-upped by SDM crew, though. Not much is deadlier then Sakuya with a full SDM Crew buff. Had a brief encounter with that while grinding for Flandre.

Spoiler:
I'll probably never know how strong Sakuya is as an attacker. I've always built her defenses and Speed up so she could use her group speed boost in the first game, and I've done the same in this one. And if I ever do a Synergy run of the game, she's even more likely to become the offtank/ switcher that can buff speed while Remilia and Patchy do the damage. Something I've always wondered was how well Flandre does in practice. She seems so much harder to use on paper in this game, more so than the first because at least the first took away your HP and not your SP.

It never made sense to me why
Spoiler:
Alice
was summoning vines to help her fight. I have to wonder how that changes the fight though. I know you could tell me your experience but it wouldn't be the same as if I experienced it myself with my team setup.

Also, for a lot of character suggestions in the boss fight notes, the ones I use always tend to be the only ones suggested. There are a couple of times I tried branching out and suggested other characters purely based on assumptions. Parsee is a notable example of this. I've yet to actually try and use her Grudge Returning and Jealousy of the Kind and Lovely spells so I don't exactly know how powerful either of them are.

While writing this post, I came up with the idea to run through the game again using mostly new characters.
Initial Cast +
Spoiler:
Momiji, Kogasa, Parsee, Kasen, Nazrin, Satori, Hina, and Byakuren
. If I do decide to try this, I'm going to have to depend on sub-classing so much...
Just noticed that 62.5% of the new characters are physical attackers.

« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2013, 08:03:31 AM »
Magician never looked like a great subclass to me but if I ever did use it Minoriko would be the one to use it on.   Tons of MP, cheap spells, plenty of skill points, and an way to regenerate lots of MP with her boosted Concentration.  A front line of something like <tank>, Yuugi, Minoriko, and Aya would be fun.

Spoiler:
I like her new art a lot.  Especially the contrast between the two different versions.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2013, 08:31:28 AM »
Yeah. Yeah. Team ⑨ is strong. Like. REALLY strong. They ran circles around the Siren and just pounded it into submission. And it couldn't do shat for damage against them either.

Just for the record, the description of the Team ⑨ Skill is misleading. It makes it seem like you only get the buff if you have all 4. You get the buff for having any two members out, and it grows per extra member. Like with all 4, the buff is Bakatet Lv. 6, which means they have a +72% to all stats except speed, which they have a +36%.

E:
Spoiler:
I just steamrolled Hina. She did all her things, too: Reverse debuffs, her dark nuke, spinning around more than usual. Nothing stops the rape train that is Team ⑨.
ho....holy shit....so its THAT high when all of em in front line...
i thought the buff only works when all of 9s in front
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »
For the record, I confirmed in the trial using CheatEngine that BP works the same as LoT1.

That is:

At the beginning of battle, 1 BP is given to all 12 characters currently alive in your party.  This remains even if you run from the battle.
At the end of battle, 1 BP is given to each of the 4 characters in the front row.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »
Testing in v1.130, this is not true.  Both before and after battle, BP is only awarded to the 4 front row characters.

(some playable character spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05IrL_PkZSo
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

jaxter0987

« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2013, 09:52:01 AM »
Just realized that I completely overlooked this:
I'll be editing wiki to clarify this aspect then.
Testing in v1.130, this is not true.  Both before and after battle, BP is only awarded to the 4 front row characters.

(some playable character spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05IrL_PkZSo
Can't thank you enough for this. I felt like I was only getting 1 BP per battle so just being able to confirm that its 2 BP per battle makes me feel a lot better.
Edit: I think I'm gonna cry. I didn't realize that the final boss
Spoiler:
is weak to poison. Y'know, cause it's a freakin' talking inanimate object. I went from trying to figure out why people were calling him easy to steamrolling him.
Don't worry, I felt the same exact way.
Spoiler:
I got murdered the first time I fought him and so I came back after 12 levels only to have Healer Komachi ignore whatever damage the boss did and basically had her switch in Wriggle, Eiki, Kaguya, and Marisa to deal damage to it.
What to do next? Vicious is already doing the synergy run, so I have to figure out some other challenge for rerunning the game. I guess I could just do no Komachi/Aya/Bykauren since those three just kinda carried me through everything.
While writing this post, I came up with the idea to run through the game again using mostly new characters.
Initial Cast +
Spoiler:
Momiji, Kogasa, Parsee, Kasen, Nazrin, Satori, Hina, and Byakuren
. If I do decide to try this, I'm going to have to depend on sub-classing so much...
Just noticed that 62.5% of the new characters are physical attackers.
Or you could do a Synergy run with different groups of people.  I'm picking
Spoiler:
Malice, Eientei Residents, Moriya Shrine, and SDM
if / when I do my Synergy run.
But before that, I should really go beat the bosses on 30F of LoT1 first...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:45:43 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »
So, how do you guys feel about the boss battles here compared to Tl1? (i still havent tested TL2 but i keep seeing people saying its too easy or killing everything with DTH) Remember past....youmu i think bosses had DTH inmunity and all the rage posts about Youmu,Alice,Eientei Trio,Yukari,Rinnosuke,Maribel,Bloodstained bosses and plus disk bosses

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »
So, how do you guys feel about the boss battles here compared to Tl1? (i still havent tested TL2 but i keep seeing people saying its too easy or killing everything with DTH)
From what I can tell, right now the game has many broken-tier powerful setups you can abuse. (And by "setup" I pretty much just mean certain characters are ridiculously good to the point where it's not even funny)

If you didn't use any of them  it might be hard, but I'm not sure anyone's actually done that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
Those are bugs!? I hope those never get patched. Ever. Those are all beneficial, and the Hourai Elixir one actually makes Eirin pretty good. Fix that one, and she is back to Laby1 levels of "why do you even exist?"

Okay, incoming thought/rant ahead, so heads up.  :wikipedia:

Spoiler:
My thought is that the Eirin "bug" is seen as such because it's a 50% HP heal and a stat based heal together, which I presume that they see as OP. Either that, or they just think that Eirin was meant to be another of those "more or less the same as LoT1" characters in the first place, which is kinda dumb considering that using her in the first game was mainly to heal Komachi, and Komachi doesn't need that sort of healing as much, thanks to her skill, in this game.  Do they think that Eirin's current power of healing would people like Minoriko obsolete? (Short answer would be no, Minoriko would not be obsolete, since she still levels up quicker, is still faster in terms of SPD, her heal skill is quicker, and she can buff up DEF and MND and do it quickly, something that Eirin can't really do even with subclassing)
Also, since her Overheal skill is, well, a skill, then it would apply to any form of healing, so getting the Healer sub class and several points via Voile would mostly circumvent the nerf by putting it into Prayer of Recovery anyway.
Personally, I think that, if they have to nerf it, they should just remove the 50% HP heal part, and make it a simple stat based heal, so that the skill won't be considered useless. Stat based healing and curing all status ailments and debuffs all in one go is good enough, they don't need to limit it to "50% of max HP and nothing else, no exceptions", especially when you have enemies who have "Hp To One" attacks at their disposal.

So, how do you guys feel about the boss battles here compared to Tl1? (i still havent tested TL2 but i keep seeing people saying its too easy or killing everything with DTH)

From what I can tell, right now the game has many broken-tier powerful setups you can abuse. (And by "setup" I pretty much just mean certain characters are ridiculously good to the point where it's not even funny)

If you didn't use any of them  it might be hard, but I'm not sure anyone's actually done that.

Personally, I would like to say that if the game designers wanted to make things like this and still have a hard game, they should of made the game harder by way of the enemies. That way, said broken-tier setups would be considered a necessity to make it to the end. I mean, it's not like we want games like this to be easy, right? (If anyone has a different opinion on this, please feel free to object. I don't mind.)

And now for a pure rant.  :wikipedia:

Spoiler:
Does Rumia's Demarcation still have a chance of missing? Because if so, then I'm kinda annoyed that that isn't considered a bug, since you would think that healing spells are not supposed to miss as a rule.
And why does Flandre have the Vampiric Wrath skill, anyway? It says that she needs to be hit by an element she's weak to in order to get a boost in stats. Considering that Flandre is considered as a glass cannon, she's not supposed to get hit in the first place, so it has no use for her. Why couldn't this be given to Remilia instead, since she's more likely to be able to take a hit from an elemental weakness and survive to make use of the stat boost. Couldn't Flandre be given Instant Attack instead(I remember that on the previous thread, someone mentioned that Remilia was given Instant Attack as a skill due to a version update or something, showing that it was a sign that the game makers are indeed changing stuff around in each version), since that would be more useful to her?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:29:56 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Demarcation never missed when I was playing, and I have used it quite some times. But maybe that low chance of missing may be intentional, even if it may not include it in the description. I'm not sure if it does though(Doubt it).

Also, I don't think forcing people to use broken setups is a good idea. Sure, the game can be a little more harder, but not in the way that people should be forced to use characters they might not want to use.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:21:45 PM by Xarizzar95 »