Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277304 times)

Murakumo

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Hello, I'm new here.

I want to ask how work Parsee Large Box and Small Box. After Komachi/Kaguya/Kogasa debuff/ailments this spell does the greatest damage in my party or nothing at all.  Is it random or what?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
I am very curious about the last two awakening stones as well... First off, are we sure they're obtainable in 1.130?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »
I am very curious about the last two awakening stones as well... First off, are we sure they're obtainable in 1.130?
I actually decided to dink around with that a bit... Using Cheat Engine to get the 12+ Stones does NOT actually trigger the achievement for having 12... If all 12 are currently available, then the achievement is glitched and not being reported due to being hard to figure out. That, or all 12 are not available yet, and thus why the achievement doesn't work.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »
For that matter, how are the known 10 found?  Were they at obvious points in the game, or just randomly scattered in treasure boxes?  I don't even know when I got any of them, I'd just randomly check back at the library and "oh hey I got another one somewhere" without actually knowing.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
They're found in chests.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »
Hello, I'm new here.

I want to ask how work Parsee Large Box and Small Box. After Komachi/Kaguya/Kogasa debuff/ailments this spell does the greatest damage in my party or nothing at all.  Is it random or what?
This is likely caused by 2 abilities she has. Ability to Manipulate Jealousy makes her grow stronger and stronger for every unit, friend or foe, that has a debuff, while Final Blow makes her deal as much as 32% more damage if the target has an ailment.

Depending on how severe the difference is, I might suspect that Large Box and Small Box has a formula with high damage multipliers, but comparatively low stat multipliers, much like Killing Doll from the first Labyrinth game.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »
It may be a joy for beating bosses, but spending ten minutes to set up a party before anything significant isn't very joyful at all.
Eh, you shouldn't need to respec an entire party before doing things. Probably a few key members.

Like, there's plenty of characters with good exploration passives (things that recover mp when enemies die for example) but it's not something you want around in a boss fight; and you can spec your support characters for offense if they have good options for it.

I guess later in the game it becomes progressively more of an effort, though, as you start having to respec subclasses too, and have more numbers to reapply to skills and stats... buh.

The thing is, the other option would be you can't respec your party members at all without taking a significant Experience hit.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2013, 01:07:37 PM »
Explored the rest of 5F today, taking out the main boss of it,
Spoiler:
Hina
.  Took a couple of tries to get past her, but she went down and got added to the party.

Explored what I could of 6F, taking out another boss to acquire
Spoiler:
Utsuho
, then running back to
Spoiler:
Satori
to pick her up finally.

Then...I boosted up
Spoiler:
Hina's
stats something fierce (http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4336/dpf3.jpg), went to find a Six-Eyed Serpent,  got her debuffed (With the proper passive skills to take advantage of her being debuffed), and...

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/639/z7dr.jpg

Holy wow, that's insane, heh.

Need to get some grinding done.  Partly to get the funds for that 30k item and partly so
Spoiler:
Yuugi
doesn't own my face as quickly.

Time for a silly question...on 5F, there's an event involving Reimu & Marisa (Want to say it's on the SE side roughly?), but the red circle doesn't go away after the scene.  Is this one of those events needing BP to clear or is it something else?
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »
Explored the rest of 5F today, taking out the main boss of it,
Spoiler:
Hina
.  Took a couple of tries to get past her, but she went down and got added to the party.

Explored what I could of 6F, taking out another boss to acquire
Spoiler:
Utsuho
, then running back to
Spoiler:
Satori
to pick her up finally.

Then...I boosted up
Spoiler:
Hina's
stats something fierce (http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4336/dpf3.jpg), went to find a Six-Eyed Serpent,  got her debuffed (With the proper passive skills to take advantage of her being debuffed), and...

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/639/z7dr.jpg

Holy wow, that's insane, heh.

Need to get some grinding done.  Partly to get the funds for that 30k item and partly so
Spoiler:
Yuugi
doesn't own my face as quickly.

Time for a silly question...on 5F, there's an event involving Reimu & Marisa (Want to say it's on the SE side roughly?), but the red circle doesn't go away after the scene.  Is this one of those events needing BP to clear or is it something else?

Holy crap. I might have to seriously consider using
Spoiler:
Hina
on my next playthrough.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that event is one of the ones for
Spoiler:
Yuuka
, specifically, its Wriggle's event.

E: This just in. You do NOT need Wriggle for
Spoiler:
Mokou's
battle to come up. Its probably safe to assume Wriggle has nothing to do with her recruitment. The key is talking to Reisen on 3F. And probably talking to Eirin on 2F. And defeating Kaguya.
E2: Okay, you still need Wriggle for the recruitment. Just not for the battle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:50:40 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »
And now some questions:
Around how much BP is needed for
Spoiler:
Okuu
to finish her event towards recruiting
Spoiler:
Yuuka
? I swear I've been using her as much as I've been using
Spoiler:
Nazrin
for getting
Spoiler:
Byakuren
and I still can't clear the event.

I ran into the same problem myself, racking up something like 1,200 BP on
Spoiler:
Okuu
and still not finishing the event. Then I took a look at the Japanese wiki.

It turns out that
Spoiler:
Okuu
only needs 120 BP. Minoriko, on the other hand, needs 200. Description on Touhouwiki seems to imply that you only need BP for each individual character, but you'll need BP for Minoriko for each event (Cirno's requires 400).

Many facepalms were had.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:15:19 PM by ShinyMoogle »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »
It randomly becomes a very strong attack, probability depending on SLv and 'current battle circumstances'.
I do not yet know exactly what adds to probability.

It would have been much better if you can just distribute and recollect skill points and level-up bonuses freely.
Having to reset everything and assign them again is just dumb.
Signature

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
Spoiler:
Byakuren
you... you crazy girl... you crazy :o If she uses her
Spoiler:
Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant, that "replace ally buffs/debuffs with what Byakuren has"
on herself instead of an ally, she will
Spoiler:
DOUBLE HER OWN BUFFS! Yeah, this is no joke o___o A few times now, she was above 50% buffs, used her Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant on herself, and she jumped to +100% on all stats.
It might require a leveled form of the spell, but that is just crazy.

Preeeeeeeetty sure the dev(s) were madly in love with her when they designed her spells can skills.

Edit: Just tested it out a bit more.
Spoiler:
Byakuren had +20% everything at the time. She uses Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant on herself, and when I check her buffs using someone else and Form Change, she was at +76% Attack, +48% Mind(because Keine) and +40% everything else. Attack went up nearly 4x, everything else was 2x as expected.
This is just nuts :o
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:58:06 PM by MysTeariousYukari »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
Spoiler:
Byakuren
you... you crazy girl... you crazy :o If she uses her
Spoiler:
Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant, that "replace ally buffs/debuffs with what Byakuren has"
on herself instead of an ally, she will
Spoiler:
DOUBLE HER OWN BUFFS! Yeah, this is no joke o___o A few times now, she was above 50% buffs, used her Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant on herself, and she jumped to +100% on all stats.
It might require a leveled form of the spell, but that is just crazy.

Preeeeeeeetty sure the dev(s) were madly in love with her when they designed her spells can skills.
I just tested this. It requires a leveled form of the spell to double her own, and it more than doubles her attack (the buff jumped from +20% to +76%). But still, what in the name of...

This has never been so relevant, ever.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »
Some trashmobs on 3F nuked my party for over 1k damage. Was I just unlucky or do they really have literal nukes at their disposal?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2013, 04:35:13 PM »
Does ANYONE know how to defeat Mokou... I can never get pass her 1100 self-heal even if I poison her with Wriggle, damage her with Aya's second attack, debuff her with Kasen and land a lucky PAR on her, debuff her with Komachi, and hit her with Marisa?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:51:54 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2013, 04:54:58 PM »
Rumia's pretty good for damage too. She can do more than Marisa even though her mag is a little lower. If you skilled Rumia for her bonus vs humans, she can easily be mvp.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2013, 05:01:23 PM »
Does ANYONE know how to defeat Mokou... I can never get pass her 1100 self-heal even if I poison her with Wriggle, damage her with Aya's second attack, debuff her with Kasen and land a lucky PAR on her, debuff her with Komachi, and hit her with Marisa?

Are you simply underleveled? I mean, with Wriggle's poison, her regen almost becomes a non-issue. Just keep piling on the poison and speed debuffs while attacking. Cirno is actually good for this battle because she can do a pretty good amount of damage and slow at the same time here. Save Marisa for a Master Spark after Mokou dies. She resurrects and attempts to nuke you, but Komachi with fire resist should be able to survive. After that, switch in Marisa, Master Spark and you've won. Having Rumia and her anti-human skill helps a ton, too.

Some trashmobs on 3F nuked my party for over 1k damage. Was I just unlucky or do they really have literal nukes at their disposal?

Raspberries. They do that. Usually it only does squat for damage, but rarely it will do 1k, so you simply got unlucky.

Spoiler:
'Nam flashbacks of grapes on 16F-18F.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »
Are you simply underleveled? I mean, with Wriggle's poison, her regen almost becomes a non-issue. Just keep piling on the poison and speed debuffs while attacking. Cirno is actually good for this battle because she can do a pretty good amount of damage and slow at the same time here. Save Marisa for a Master Spark after Mokou dies. She resurrects and attempts to nuke you, but Komachi with fire resist should be able to survive. After that, switch in Marisa, Master Spark and you've won. Having Rumia and her anti-human skill helps a ton, too.
Shit... that means I need to get skill points for Rumia's anti-human skill then.

Sahgren

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »
Nitori should be able to deal sizeable chunks of damage to Mokou. Her first spell is Cold element, so you'll have someone other than Cirno to abuse that weakness. Her third spell, if you give her the mana to use it, can also help burst her down after she resurrects in case Marisa manages to miss the Master Spark.

Edit: The in game bestiary claims that she's weak to terror. Kogasa could be a strong, consistent damage dealer with another Cold attack (her third one) if you gave her Troubled Forgotten Item and Ability to Sense Fear in Humans.

Edit 2: Just realized that Troubled Forgotten Item + Ability to Sense Fear in Humans require 22 points, which would require you to be quite over-leveled. Aim for Troubled Forgotten Item since it buffs her and rely on her other attacks to apply terror.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:05:28 PM by Sahgren »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »
Raspberries. They do that. Usually it only does squat for damage, but rarely it will do 1k, so you simply got unlucky.

Spoiler:
'Nam flashbacks of grapes on 16F-18F.
Sonova. I hate it when the RNG is a dick. What are they weak against?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:58:03 PM by Wymar »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »
Nitori should be able to deal sizeable chunks of damage to Mokou. Her first spell is Cold element, so you'll have someone other than Cirno to abuse that weakness. Her third spell, if you give her the mana to use it, can also help burst her down after she resurrects in case Marisa manages to miss the Master Spark.
Looks like I gotta train my ass off then.

Edit: Nevermind, TOME OF REINCARNATION FTW! Now to set Rumia up to hit harder.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:04:23 PM by MewMewHeart »

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 05:59:52 PM »
Excuse me, wiki, but
Spoiler:
Ran
actually hits really damn hard. And she's really fast even without buffs, too. And debuffing her got me nowhere.
In the end, the only way I found to beat her was killing all the helpers before she got a second turn, with Nitori and Patchouli. Seeing that much damage (thanks Iku and Keine!) was fun.

Sahgren

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2013, 06:01:53 PM »
Sonova. I hate it when the RNG is a dick. What are they weak against?

They're weak to Cold and kinda weak to Physical. Fire and Nature aren't too bright of an idea though. Ailment wise, they're a bit more susceptible to Death than usual.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »
Aight, thanks. Looks like it'll be Kogasa's time to pick on somebody.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
Fuck yea!

Thanks everyone! I gotta say maxing Komachi's counter and debuffing her with Kasen and Komachi herself sealed my victory with Rumia's Moonlight Ray. Also, Wriggle's Kodoku Queen did the trick too, although she killed Marisa, I'm satisfied for getting a victory in even though Minoriko sacrificed herself to heal Komachi. 

Thanks Sahgren also for suggesting Cirno for the fight, I got a few kicks out of stacking the AGI debuff that Kasen's 1st attack applied.

Victory is mine Mokou!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:45:35 PM by MewMewHeart »

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »
Eh, you shouldn't need to respec an entire party before doing things. Probably a few key members.

It's possible to clear the game at recommended levels or lower without respeccing at all, though I haven't tried the high level FOE yet.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
Hmm... Actually, I'm kind of curious. What exactly does Wriggle's Poison depend on...?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
Hmm... Actually, I'm kind of curious. What exactly does Wriggle's Poison depend on...?
I'll take a wild guess and say... Attack, someone correct if I'm wrong on this one.

Edit: I'm sure glad I maxed
Spoiler:
Kaguya's Nation of the Noble Moon
because it's just helping me alot with sweeping.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:11:58 PM by MewMewHeart »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »
Last game,it depended on her level. This time it's probably no different.

Sahgren

« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
I'm tempted to say that Wriggle's poison is actually just level dependent. Or if it is dependent on an offensive stat, it isn't enough for them to even justify giving her offensive stat boosters in her skills.

Edit: I think I'm gonna cry. I didn't realize that the final boss
Spoiler:
is weak to poison. Y'know, cause it's a freakin' talking inanimate object. I went from trying to figure out why people were calling him easy to steamrolling him.

What to do next? Vicious is already doing the synergy run, so I have to figure out some other challenge for rerunning the game. I guess I could just do no Komachi/Aya/Bykauren since those three just kinda carried me through everything.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:50:18 PM by Sahgren »