Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277276 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2013, 09:19:47 PM »
So, forgive me if this has already been established elsewhere, but what is there to do after you beat the final boss? The achievement list has some suggestions about what there might be, but I'm not sure if some of that stuff is even in the game yet.
Nothing exists post-Final Boss right now, version 1.13. Those achievements and the like are likely placeholder for the time being.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »
There's not really much to do, other than fighting that
Spoiler:
weird stationary FOE on 16F
, getting all the achievements currently available, grinding your characters for eternity in preparation for what the achievement list is suggesting or just partake in challenge runs.
Ha. You guys are lame. I'm on 9F and still don't have a full 12.

Granted, I also used Team ⑨, which gave me access to Rumia and Wriggle. And Rumia is DA BES!

Nothing...yet.
I won't have 5 characters until 7F. I won't have all 13 I've picked for myself until 12F. I think I'm justified in at least giving myself some leeway in using only Marisa for the first 5 floors.

Edit: I just realized that I'll be dealing with
Spoiler:
Mokou
entirely alone with Marisa just to be able to get
Spoiler:
Kaguya
. That's going to be fun...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:19:02 PM by jaxter0987 »

Sahgren

« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
Decided to stop being a wuss about this. Keine and Chen are just gonna have to soldier up and wreck face. They gots da buffz and da damagez; they gots dis.

I think I'll invest in Hands On Experience this time around... I got some grinding ahead of me.

Edit: All praise back up saves! Accidentally saved over my first game, but a back up save means I didn't lose anything.

Edit 2: I think I worked myself into a corner here. I can't beat the FoE on 3F with just Keine, so I can't get Chen. This is a problem.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:30:32 PM by Sahgren »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »
Edit 2: I think I worked myself into a corner here. I can't beat the FoE on 3F with just Keine, so I can't get Chen. This is a problem.
Grinding and Viole, all hail them. This should be obvious enough, but still.

Sahgren

« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »
It's more the issue of how much grinding I'm going to have to put in. As is, Keine isn't even dealing damage to the thing. Beating Komachi with Keine alone is also going to be freakin' difficult too.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2013, 10:56:56 PM »
Spoiler:
Fucking Remilia does 3k to anyone who isn't Meiling, and Sakuya goes twice before anyone else.

Time for an unholy amount of grinding.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

jaxter0987

« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
It's more the issue of how much grinding I'm going to have to put in. As is, Keine isn't even dealing damage to the thing. Beating Komachi with Keine alone is also going to be freakin' difficult too.
Hmm. So grind like mad to get Keine's Magic high enough to one shot the FOE then redistribute points so Keine tanks for the Komachi fight while Chen wrecks face and gets switched in and out.
Also, my only option is to grind Marisa's Magic like crazy to take out Komachi in one hit. There's no way Marisa's surviving any of Komachi's attacks thanks to Death.

In other news, I only need to recruit
Spoiler:
Byakuren
before I attempt this madness.[/s]

Never mind, seems like I already had enough BP with
Spoiler:
Nazrin
and only need more BP with
Spoiler:
Nitori
. Just going to mess around with my last recruit before starting this.

Edit: Man I feel disappointed. She isn't what I expected her to be but she certainly is great. I'll probably see her in a better light after using her some more.
Edit2: Oh god I even lost the first encounters since there's no one tanking for Marisa. What a great start...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:44:05 AM by jaxter0987 »

Sahgren

« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2013, 12:38:33 AM »
I think the abuseable portion of Byakuren is buffing in longer fights over dealing damage. After a couple turns she'll maintain 80%+ buffs in every stat that she can very quickly spread across the entire team.

Granted, as time goes on her terrifying stat growths would probably make her an amazing attacker too.

Edit:
Edit2: Oh god I even lost the first encounters since there's no one tanking for Marisa. What a great start...

Yeah, with Keine I had to just run away whenever it was a fight where I couldn't get the first turn and one shot most of the mobs at first. Also, equip the shock resistance gear you get on 1F immediately. Having one of the stupid Nut Eaters shock you is sure-fire death when you only have a single mage.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:50:40 AM by Sahgren »

jaxter0987

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2013, 01:01:23 AM »
Edit:
Yeah, with Keine I had to just run away whenever it was a fight where I couldn't get the first turn and one shot most of the mobs at first. Also, equip the shock resistance gear you get on 1F immediately. Having one of the stupid Nut Eaters shock you is sure-fire death when you only have a single mage.
I have had that happen way too often just now. I've been throwing all the equips I've found on Marisa anyway but that stupid Shock attack...
Thank god, Marisa starts with 40 Evade. Otherwise, this just becomes terrible.

Edit: Finally got my first level up. Ended up using all the skill points into MP and now Marisa can start Master Sparking stuff thanks to the MP + 3 equip I found earlier. Should speed this process up a bit hopefully.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:17:51 AM by jaxter0987 »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »
Spoiler:
Suika's second event
finished....finally.  Been racking up the time on my save file (Used the money from the 30 hours achievement to pick it up).  I plan to use the money gained from the 60 hours achievement to pick up the last item I need for her event.

In the meantime, I get to grind a bit so
Spoiler:
Yuugi
doesn't wreck my party something fierce.

P.S. -
Spoiler:
Hina's Pain Flow
still kicks untold amounts of rear ends.  The Siren of Silence on 5F?  Totally nailed it for something like 45-50k with that move...and I don't think she was fully debuffed either, can't remember. 
Spoiler:
Hina
is only level 28 right now if memory serves me correctly.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2013, 02:41:05 AM »
My party just got more charismatic and elegant. Finally, it is complete.

Overleveled too much and rendered the battle a joke. KOed
Spoiler:
Sakyua
before she used Private Square at all.

Spoiler:
And as great as the art is in this game, it bothers me a bit that Remilia's hair is white instead of light blue. I am glad they used her CoLA outfit, though. I think its really neat.

I am tempted to swap out
Spoiler:
Patchy
for
Spoiler:
Flandre
when I get her. I'm not a big fan of how
Spoiler:
Patchy
plays, but I have to get a feel for how
Spoiler:
Flandre
plays; just from looking at the wiki, it looks like she's a lot worse in this one.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:45:37 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2013, 04:03:53 AM »
Speaking of
Spoiler:
Flan
, am I missing something with her? I have well over
Spoiler:
300 BP with Marisa and each SDM, and her boss fight icon's on the map, but it won't let me fight her.

And on that subject, what are the
Spoiler:
BP requirement for each of Yuuka's events, if anyone knows offhand?

Fuck BP grinding anyway.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2013, 04:08:01 AM »
Speaking of
Spoiler:
Flan
, am I missing something with her? I have well over
Spoiler:
300 BP with Marisa and each SDM, and her boss fight icon's on the map, but it won't let me fight her.

Have you killed 30 FOEs? I know with me on the first playthrough, this is what I was missing. I know the wiki says you need to have killed 30 FOEs to have the first event, but it's wrong (and I'm heading there to fix it now).

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2013, 04:27:46 AM »
Have you killed 30 FOEs? I know with me on the first playthrough, this is what I was missing. I know the wiki says you need to have killed 30 FOEs to have the first event, but it's wrong (and I'm heading there to fix it now).

Seems to be my problem as well.

I also think one or more of Nazrin's events is off, I checked with CE and definitely didn't have 600 BP when I got the second scroll.
Aaaaand thirty seconds later CE claims I got the third scroll with 660 BP. Hmmm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:30:26 AM by Earthsiege »
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2013, 04:38:56 AM »
Sounds like it might be 200/400/600 instead of 400/600/800, the numbers pulled from the JPWiki. I hate to make a change based on an assumption, though. I might just go and get rid of the values until we know them for sure.

E: I just put that you need a "certain amount". It'll get filled in when we know for sure. I also was sure to put that you need Nitori for the last one; can't believe I kept forgetting to put that.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:45:56 AM by ViciousYukkuri »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2013, 05:56:25 AM »
Perhaps the BP count was lowered then?
Spoiler:
Flandre
for example needed a good 500 BP on 5 different characters, but now needs 300 each.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
Can we please stop saying Marisa BP is part of the requirements for
Spoiler:
Flandre

Some playable character spoilers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iupj7fe6HFs
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

jaxter0987

« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
Can we please stop saying Marisa BP is part of the requirements for
Spoiler:
Flandre

Some playable character spoilers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iupj7fe6HFs
I'm not the one who did that. I've seen it being put back up twice. Maybe somebody didn't update to the latest version? I didn't correct it since I had no way of providing evidence, but thanks for making the video.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
I know people are damn hyped for Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and all, but since I don't have (And for now, can't have) a legitimate copy of the game, I'm going back to LoT1

And since my save file is  on a computer 164km from here, I'll start over from scratch :colonveeplusalpha:

Anybody here suggests a good and fun challenge run?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2013, 01:09:21 PM »
Got quite a bit done today.  Took out
Spoiler:
Yuugi
, then took on
Spoiler:
Tenshi
.  Took a few tries before I had a working strategy to deplete all of her hp before she escaped from the battle so I could score that sweet drop of hers.

Mapped out everything from 7F, even dropping the FOE on this floor because
Spoiler:
Hina
.  Picked up new parties member here in
Spoiler:
Alice
Spoiler:
Reisen
, and, as a result of finishing her request,
Spoiler:
Patchouli

On 8F, all I remember is taking out the FOE for this floor, taking several tries to take out
Spoiler:
Iku
, then going back up to town to save up and let my clock run up.  Got roughly 43 hours on it.  I'll be needing to buy that (completely and utterly overpriced) item for
Spoiler:
Suika
once my file hits 60 hours and I get the money from that achievement.

Levels are hovering around the low to mid 30s for everyone.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
I know people are damn hyped for Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and all, but since I don't have (And for now, can't have) a legitimate copy of the game, I'm going back to LoT1

And since my save file is  on a computer 164km from here, I'll start over from scratch :colonveeplusalpha:

Anybody here suggests a good and fun challenge run?

RANDOM RUN

(Choose 12 characters randomly, use the NG+ all characters save in the OP, and never use anyone else.)

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »
Is there any hope for LoT2 to be translated? Any progress being made?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Of course there is progress, however they've chosen to keep the translation stuff to a different thread.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
I beat the boss of 12 F today,
Spoiler:
Super Saiyan Tenshi
and
Spoiler:
wow, Rumia was so amazing in that fight. With Darkness being the boss's only weakness, she must have dealt 80% of the damage herself. Kaguya would have been almost as useful I think, but due to a mistake, I lost her early on.

In hindsight,
Spoiler:
Final Tenshi
was much easier than
Spoiler:
2nd Tenshi. The wiki mentions Violent Motherland being a big problem, but from what I've experienced, she doesn't actually use it unless you get a stat debuff on her. I never did in the successful attempt and it ended up being as anticlimactic as it was.

I've got to say, I'm liking 13F already. I've heard how infuriating the 5th stratum can get so I'm already making my own maps, also labeling the temperature values of teleporters and switches. Brings back fond memories of LoT1's 7F. There's just something magical to grabbing an old-school pen and paper and drawing along with the game.

Sahgren

« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
I ended up cheating to get Chen on 3F. Got Keine to lvl 18 and pumped 40 levels worth of magic into her so she could actually hurt the FOE, then used a stream of lvl 1 teammates to act as cannon fodder for it while Keine beat it to death.

Like Hell I'm going to grind up to lvl 30 on 3F just so Keine can 1-shot her way to Chen.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:45:16 PM by Sahgren »

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2013, 05:57:24 PM »
Spoiler:
Super Saiyan Tenshi
and
Spoiler:
wow, Rumia was so amazing in that fight. With Darkness being the boss's only weakness, she must have dealt 80% of the damage herself. Kaguya would have been almost as useful I think, but due to a mistake, I lost her early on.

In hindsight,
Spoiler:
Final Tenshi
was much easier than
Spoiler:
2nd Tenshi. The wiki mentions Violent Motherland being a big problem, but from what I've experienced, she doesn't actually use it unless you get a stat debuff on her. I never did in the successful attempt and it ended up being as anticlimactic as it was.

I've got to say, I'm liking 13F already. I've heard how infuriating the 5th stratum can get so I'm already making my own maps, also labeling the temperature values of teleporters and switches. Brings back fond memories of LoT1's 7F. There's just something magical to grabbing an old-school pen and paper and drawing along with the game.

The fire stratum really isn't that bad, it's just a lot of trial and error. Once you figure out which switch does what the rest is plug and chug. If you want all the goodies (and let's be honest, we all lose sleep at night if we don't uncover every square of a floor) you have to do some backtracking but I didn't think it was as much of a pain as I had heard about.

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
I am tempted to swap out
Spoiler:
Patchy
for
Spoiler:
Flandre
when I get her. I'm not a big fan of how
Spoiler:
Patchy
plays, but I have to get a feel for how
Spoiler:
Flandre
plays; just from looking at the wiki, it looks like she's a lot worse in this one.
I'd be tempted to say she's better just because so far Rinnosuke has been a godsend for characters who absolutely can't take a hit like her.  Only 2 of her passives look at all useful but that's not too big of a deal.

Spoiler:
Super Saiyan Tenshi
and
Spoiler:

In hindsight,
Spoiler:
Final Tenshi
was much easier than
Spoiler:

I had a speed debuff on her and she never used it.  Also I agree on the final fight being easier but I think it was partly because I didn't realize that Heavy reduced her defenses earlier.  No resistance to Spirit/Mys (especially Spirit, a buffed Kaguya can just chop off like a good 10% or more with Hourai Barrage) is huge too.

The fire stratum really isn't that bad, it's just a lot of trial and error. Once you figure out which switch does what the rest is plug and chug. If you want all the goodies (and let's be honest, we all lose sleep at night if we don't uncover every square of a floor) you have to do some backtracking but I didn't think it was as much of a pain as I had heard about.
Makes me wish I had EO's map feature.  Then again it looks like the JP wiki lists the specifics of each spot.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:13:16 PM by Fishin »

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »

I had a speed debuff on her and she never used it.  Also I agree on the final fight being easier but I think it was partly because I didn't realize that Heavy reduced her defenses earlier.  No resistance to Spirit/Mys (especially Spirit, a buffed Kaguya can just chop off like a good 10% or more with Hourai Barrage) is huge too.

The times in my early attempts where she did end up using that move happened after I gave her defense and mind debuffs from Komachi's Narrow Confines of Avici. It's a clever trap if you think about it: Players go "Hmm, my attacks do barely anything because of her buffs. I guess I better debuff those defenses." Maybe speed debuffs don't go into the same equation because as helpful as they may be, they're still somewhat optional here?

It reminds me of the Eientei-trio from LoT1. The idea that debuffs trigger a certain move seems incredibly far-out on it's own, if you're not used to the game's tricks that is.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »
Hmm...there is some condition to make
Spoiler:
Flandre
appear on 12F for her first event. It's not 30 FOEs, but what could it be?

E: It's either A) Recruit both
Spoiler:
Kaguya and Mokou
or B) Killed 15 FOEs. Could possibly be C)Have recruited a certain amount of characters.
E2: Upon further SCIENCE testing, I've come to the conclusion that you need to have recruited a certain amount of characters; that amount being 32. So, basically everyone up to this point minus 1. I have everyone except
Spoiler:
Ran
, now. The slaying of FOEs yielded no results, and having
Spoiler:
Mokou and Kaguya
but not
Spoiler:
Yuugi
also ended with nothing.[/s]
E3: After a triple check, you need to have
Spoiler:
Mokou and Kaguya
both recruited. THIS is it. No doubts this time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:31:00 PM by ViciousYukkuri »

« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »
I don't want to start playing this until I'm done with the first game, but I've beaten WINNER so I just need to fill the equipment list.

Anyone know if the 30F drops are different in 2.04 and Special Disk? Maybe I'm just being unlucky,  but 5% seems awfully high for the amount of fights I did without getting a drop.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."