Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277325 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2013, 03:35:57 PM »
Also, I don't think forcing people to use broken setups is a good idea. Sure, the game can be a little more harder, but not in the way that people should be forced to use characters they might not want to use.

True, true. I don't disagree with that. I just think that they shouldn't make it harder by nerfing things like that.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
True, true. I don't disagree with that. I just think that they shouldn't make it harder by nerfing things like that.

I think so too. If you want this game to be a bit harder you should try a rerun by keeping the stat growth of your characters balanced.
By this method it was sometimes pretty annoying to get past some bosses. Once I had enough and startet by maxing only attack-stats and speed it became pretty easy to advance.

It was pretty annoying to get past Komachi f.e.. I was 3 level over recommended and tried the battle 17 times until I had luck with Kasen surviving to deal the final blow.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:58:13 PM by Judicator »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »
Indeed. Although, now they just need to make the game a little bigger. It just feels so shorter without all that grinding... As for Komachi, well it's basically instant death and a little luck...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:38:12 PM by Xarizzar95 »

« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
Although, now they just need to make the game a little bigger.

True. It would be great, if the remaining two floors could be entered. Also I would love to add Renko and Maribel into my team.
According to game files and other sources these are the remaining characters to complete an achievement.
In LoT1 Maribel was one of my favorite characters and I want to use her again.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2013, 07:05:54 PM »
Let's keep in mind guys that the game is essentially unfinished, as shown by characters getting new abilities, the fact that 21F and 22F are inaccessible at this time, and the mysterious Door on 12F that is also inaccessible. My take on the whole issue...

As it's been mentioned, the game is basically broken by certain characters, such as Suika (Biggest offender, I both want a nerf and don't want a nerf) who's damage formula is atrociously high. This can be fixed by lowering her damage, or raising the HP of every boss. The problem with the latter is non-broken or less-broken damagers, such as Yuugi or Youmu, get left behind. Or, by simply not using said characters. I've said before that when I go through again on a normal playthrough, I'm not using Suika, Byakuren or Komachi, because they are the ones who broke the game for me. Speaking of Byakuren, she may be broken, but she's also one of the last characters you can recruit, so I think in all honesty she can be a little broken. Suika's brokenness is extreme, and while I don't mind her being a little OP considering the money you have to put into getting her, but she's way too OP as it stands now. Komachi I think is a accidental broken, as in they looked at her, and went "Oh, she's not that bad" then suddenly BAM in practice she's broken.

Even though, with the end game, being that far along and having your characters as developed as they are, it would kinda feel like a sham if they didn't blaze through everything in front of them. Plus, in regard to the difficulty, it's definitely easier than the first game, no doubt. But it's not easy over all. Some bosses and enemies still maintain a level of challenge: Komachi, Yukari, Tenshi(s), Mokou, Iku (please tell me I wasn't the only one who had an issue with Iku), and the 16F-19F mobs, to name the ones I remember off the top of my head. It has an average RPG's difficulty.

I, for one, enjoy the game more than I did the first one. I loved the first game, but this one isn't soul crushingly difficult and a lot more fun. Though, I'm a sucker for skill systems. And any system that gives me a lot of control over my characters' growth, IE FF8 or Disgaea.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:15:12 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »
If Suika ends up getting nerfed, I hope they at least make the third sake you need to buy a bit cheaper. I mean, 180k is A LOT. Unless you've been to the last few floors, I guess.
By the way, one spell that apparently does miss is Aya's "you get a turn now" thing. At least the effect still works.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
Well, I didn't mean just two floors, but whatever. Although Tenshi fights weren't that hard for me, neither was Yukari(Yukari wasn't that hard for me, probably because of Suika). I've had problems with everyone else you mentioned, especially Komachi. And I would like Suika to be nerfed, but just a little bit. IMO, she should do a little more damage that, let's say, Youmu. I don't know if I was in my right mind when I wrote that last sentence. Probably because it's tempting to use Suika.

About the skill system, including subclasses, at first I thought I would not like it, but it turned out a little different. It's not bad, it certainly did give me Disgaea feels, which I liked :D

But, I wouldn't really consider its difficulty the one of an average RPG, just a little(but very little) harder than average.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
Indeed. Although, now they just need to make the game a little bigger. It just feels so shorter without all that grinding... As for Komachi, well it's basically instant death and a little luck...
Agree, the game feels so short that its like i'm speedrunning this game while i'm actually not. Recently people already reached lv 320++ via mass slaughtering poor residents of second part of 20F, one wonders how they gonna adjust the last 2 floors content.
Not to mention numerous ammount of bugs and missing attack visual because the game was rushed.
.....now i feel bad for wished the game released on C84 ASAP.
For difficulty issue i assume they toned it down because people complained about the difficulty at THL1. As for bosses as long as you cheese em with
Spoiler:
Ran, Sakuya, Komachi with best all resist equipment
you already win the fight majority of the time :D (except 2nd Tenshi fight, for me its actually the hardest fight ingame)
Spoiler:
Still waiting for Renko, Enhancer+Charge means you negate the Charge damage which is <3
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
please tell me I wasn't the only one who had an issue with Iku

I also had my problems with Iku. I had to try her more then 13 times to beat her since she mostly killed my entire party with one of her multi-attacks.

For those who want to know about the characters existing/usable in this game; theres an extracted folder with all CharaGraphs of this game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ts13bii8j118ynd/Labyrinth+of+Touhou+2+-+Chara.rar
If you don't want to be spoilered you shouldn't look into this file.
I must say that
Spoiler:
Renko and Maribel
have nice pics.

Edit: @jaxter0987: Well, sorry. I was tired and had to prepare for an exam today, so I simply forgot.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:12:28 AM by Judicator »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
Here's hoping for a Special Disk. It will be awhile off if they make one, but I'm almost willing to bet on the fact that one will be made. But first, they need to patch this one to completion. Until then...

I need to get back to my game. Those boss articles aren't going to fill themselves in.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »
I hope (tho impossible) you can recruit Akyuu for expansion (if it exist) cmon, most of the time she ended up only as NPC in most 2hu games /o\
...btw agree both of them have nice potrait
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:33 PM »
If Suika ends up getting nerfed, I hope they at least make the third sake you need to buy a bit cheaper. I mean, 180k is A LOT. Unless you've been to the last few floors, I guess.
By the way, one spell that apparently does miss is Aya's "you get a turn now" thing. At least the effect still works.

Trust me, it's better than 6k, 60k, 360k it was back in the trial...
I believe some self cast and buff spell can miss yet will still provide the effect
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2013, 09:05:32 PM »
I also had my problems with Iku. I had to try her more then 13 times to beat her since she mostly killed my entire party with one of her multi-attacks.

For those who want to know about the characters existing/usable in this game; theres an extracted folder with all CharaGraphs of this game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ts13bii8j118ynd/Labyrinth+of+Touhou+2+-+Chara.rar
If you don't want to be spoilered you shouldn't look into this file.
I must say that
Spoiler:
Renko and Maribel
have nice pics.
You really should have spoilered those characters. It doesn't make sense to warn a user not to look at a file because it spoils stuff, then proceed to spoil stuff the very next sentence. Its not a big spoiler, but not everyone has played the first game.

@
Spoiler:
Freaking Iku
: My god I had so much trouble with her. Mainly it was my fault not knowing when I could switch Marisa in, but I tried so hard to end the fight with Master Spark and it just never ended up happening. Poison and a Komachi counter attack ended the fight for me.

@Brokeness: Yep I was seriously surprised how strong Suika's "weak" Nature attack was. Wiki claimed it was weak and I believed as such until
Spoiler:
Yukari
started trolling me. I never planned to use Suika, and I never really did aside from a few key fights. But with those few fights I HAVE used her in, I can attest that she is indeed broken. Komachi has all my love in this game. She is just sooo good with Regeneration ability and even better if you give her a subclass that also regens (*coughs* Healer *coughs*). I still haven't gotten to use
Spoiler:
Byakuren
yet but I think she can broken as she theoretically is the 4th to last character you can get (assuming you got every character as soon as they were available,
Spoiler:
Eiki / Yukari
would be the last character.)

Here's hoping for a Special Disk. It will be awhile off if they make one, but I'm almost willing to bet on the fact that one will be made. But first, they need to patch this one to completion. Until then...

I need to get back to my game. Those boss articles aren't going to fill themselves in.
Could you record the music for when you fight
Spoiler:
Tenshi
on 12F? I've been itching to hear the fight music again and unless I'm deaf or something, I don't recall the music being used in another fight.

Also whats the deal with character spoilers and stuff? I thought it was a general rule not to mention character bosses and stuff past 5F without them being put into a spoiler?
Not trying to sound antagonistic here, just wondering what the rule was.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:15:04 PM by jaxter0987 »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2013, 09:32:29 PM »
Testing in v1.130, this is not true.  Both before and after battle, BP is only awarded to the 4 front row characters.

(some playable character spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05IrL_PkZSo
:O

I...have no idea why nerfing BP gain was thought to be a good idea.

Ah well.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #194 on: August 30, 2013, 09:46:36 PM »
Spoiler:
Tenshi
on 12F? I've been itching to hear the fight music again and unless I'm deaf or something, I don't recall the music being used in another fight.
qazmlpok posted the OST in the previous topic. I wonder if someone saved the page.

« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »
Hello guys. I'm quite new here in the forums and just created this account purely to discuss this game only, which is quite selfish.

Well, I managed to beat the game it was surely quite fun(not as as as GoS though).
Spoiler:
The 3 golden orbs
gave me the most headaches though and the final boss was just steamrolled by
Spoiler:
Suika
. It was also really fun dying so many times on the first few floors due to not playing the 1st LoT and learning how to invest points into skills during the 4th floor and equipping items at 6th floor orz.

I really hope the developers will fix the bugs though and finish up the game content because I really want more rather than killing the 20F enemies.

Spoiler:
Tenshi
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bub7p7z123rp9st/
It has 221 something as a name

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »
qazmlpok posted the OST in the previous topic. I wonder if someone saved the page.
It was on page 15 but here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bub7p7z123rp9st

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2013, 12:16:51 AM »
So I thought Alice would always focus on re-summoning her dolls if I kill them. Except not.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2013, 12:20:08 AM »
Wow,
Spoiler:
Iku
wasn't that bad this time. Of course, all the people I'm restricted to using have high mind and/or wind resist, so I think that had a lot to do with it. Even managed to Master Spark her before the super speed phase. She did her nuke after her power up, killed everyone but
Spoiler:
Mokou
who survived with little less than half of her HP, switched in Marisa and yeah.

It was on page 15 but here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bub7p7z123rp9st
Thanks a ton for this.

So I thought Alice would always focus on re-summoning her dolls if I kill them. Except not.

Yeah, she's still really likely to summon more if they're gone, but she a douche and still attacks from time to time. If she's below half, she gets more aggressive, so there's that, too.

jaxter0987

« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2013, 02:36:29 AM »
Finally got
Spoiler:
   Yuuka
. I seriously was way too over-leveled for this fight. I had to spend a couple rounds focusing just to confirm her behavior towards the end of the fight. I am disappoint that I can't really write a good boss fight description for her because de-leveling doesn't work.
Spoiler:
Flandre
is probably going to be in a similar situation...

Hello guys. I'm quite new here in the forums and just created this account purely to discuss this game only, which is quite selfish.

Well, I managed to beat the game it was surely quite fun(not as as as GoS though).
Spoiler:
The 3 golden orbs
gave me the most headaches though and the final boss was just steamrolled by
Spoiler:
Suika
. It was also really fun dying so many times on the first few floors due to not playing the 1st LoT and learning how to invest points into skills during the 4th floor and equipping items at 6th floor orz.
I never did give GoS a try. I wonder how well it plays. Also, you definitely should play the Special Disk of the first game, if only up til 20F. The game is pretty fun as well, although a lot harder than LoT2.

Agree, the game feels so short that its like i'm speedrunning this game while i'm actually not. Recently people already reached lv 320++ via mass slaughtering poor residents of second part of 20F, one wonders how they gonna adjust the last 2 floors content.
People have already gone way past that point. The mere fact that someone bothered to mention that EXP overflowed when you tried to level down from around level 900+ scares me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:58:01 AM by jaxter0987 »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2013, 03:26:41 AM »
People have already gone way past that point. The mere fact that someone bothered to mention that EXP overflowed when you tried to level down from around level 900+ scares me.
Thing is, Cheat Engine and the like are things that exist. Whoever reported the overflow maybe have used such a program, to see how far they could go... maybe? o_o

That, or they might have used that exit dungeon bug thing to get the battle bonus up to a few thousand >.>

« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2013, 04:11:32 AM »
I never did give GoS a try. I wonder how well it plays. Also, you definitely should play the Special Disk of the first game, if only up til 20F. The game is pretty fun as well, although a lot harder than LoT2.
It's basically another RPG where strategy counts more than grinding, unless you want to use Satori effectively because she's a blue mage, or you didn't keep everyone leveled up because of ~reasons~. Try it out once you can, I can say for sure that it's one of the best games I've ever played.
As for LoT1, I don't think I'll be able to play it any time soon after seeing how much they improved on some things in LoT2, like enemies having an HP bar, the whole reworked stat point system (including being able to see how the stat will look like after buying a point/getting a level up bonus), leveling up everyone at once, the encounter rate not being absurd, among other things. I also love everything about the skill system.

[edit] VVV Ah. :V
Still, finding a way to deal 20k damage to everything between Ran's turns was fun.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:15:49 AM by homing curvy laser »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2013, 05:20:29 AM »
So yeah. I noticed on the jpwiki about the mechanics behind Ran's shikigami HP - you have to trigger four events around 9F after Ran's boss icon appears to make those HP count go down. Something to keep in mind before you fight Ran.

« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »
Yeah, I had trouble with
Spoiler:
Iku
too.  I feel like they should have put her at the end of 8F instead of the middle.

GoS was a fun game but it required an annoying amount of micromanagement.  DoD improved on it a lot.

« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
It actually took me 3 tries to take down
Spoiler:
Iku
Spoiler:
Yuugi
just busted her up pretty badly with her nature attack.
Also, anyone of you managed to legittly beat
Spoiler:
Tenshi
on the 6th floor?
This guy sure got lucky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWBCFh6oYUs

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2013, 01:36:16 PM »
I just fought
Spoiler:
Iku
and actually didn't have TOO much trouble. She really doesn't do THAT much damage with Aya sitting in the front with about 300 wind resistance and two layers of Ability to Manipulate Wind. She still killed a bunch of my attackers (including Marisa before she could even fire off a spark, due to me being greedy and trying to grab an extra layer of Concentrate), but she couldn't come even close to killing any of my tanks.

Sahgren

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2013, 05:30:49 PM »
Or you could do a Synergy run with different groups of people.  I'm picking
Spoiler:
Malice, Eientei Residents, Moriya Shrine, and SDM
if / when I do my Synergy run.
But before that, I should really go beat the bosses on 30F of LoT1 first...

That works. Let's go with
Spoiler:
Mokou+Keine, Hell Crew, Tenshi+Iku, Eientei Residents, and the Yakumo Family
. Though I retain the right to use everyone except Komachi and Aya until 5F, since running around with just Chen and Keine until then would be legitimately impossible.

Totally not me making an excuse to keep using Tenshi, Kaguya, and Reisen while still claiming it's a special run.

jaxter0987

« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »
That works. Let's go with
Spoiler:
Mokou+Keine, Hell Crew, Tenshi+Iku, Eientei Residents, and the Yakumo Family
. Though I retain the right to use everyone except Komachi and Aya until 5F, since running around with just Chen and Keine until then would be legitimately impossible.

Totally not me making an excuse to keep using Tenshi, Kaguya, and Reisen while still claiming it's a special run.
I'm stuck with just Marisa until 5F and then its just her and
Spoiler:
Kaguya
until 7F where I get
Spoiler:
Eirin, Alice and Patchy
. I really should have thought it through before deciding my groups but I definitely want those groups for the end game.  At least you have two characters for the Komachi fight...
I don't know if I want to either try to make Marisa tanky for the first few floors and redistribute stuff later or just pump her Magic through the roof to obliterate bosses with Master Spark until 7F.

I also reserve the right to have a full party of 12 characters so I can make use of Keine's Historian's Teaching Whip at least for random encounters. They will not be leveled (Except Keine, Komachi, Nazrin, and Rinnosuke for their passive EXP, Item and Money bonus and Rumia for the decreased encounter rate), nor can they do anything, like Form Changes.

I actually more motivated to do this run rather than to beat the 30F bosses in LoT1 so after I finish recruiting the available characters and try out
Spoiler:
Byakuren
, (which I've been dying to do ever since I read her skills on the wiki) I'll probably start this bad idea of a run.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:31:16 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
So, forgive me if this has already been established elsewhere, but what is there to do after you beat the final boss? The achievement list has some suggestions about what there might be, but I'm not sure if some of that stuff is even in the game yet.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
Ha. You guys are lame. I'm on 9F and still don't have a full 12.

Granted, I also used Team ⑨, which gave me access to Rumia and Wriggle. And Rumia is DA BES!

So, forgive me if this has already been established elsewhere, but what is there to do after you beat the final boss? The achievement list has some suggestions about what there might be, but I'm not sure if some of that stuff is even in the game yet.

Nothing...yet.