Author Topic: Keine Quest (Part 3): Broken History  (Read 69631 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Keine Quest (Part 3): Broken History
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
>"Burn it down, Mokou!"
>What butn what down? Good question!
>Move on, dash and hope to beat the bullets to the end.

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
>"Burn it down, Mokou!"
>What butn what down? Good question!
>Move on, dash and hope to beat the bullets to the end.

>"Can't say we didn't try to play nice," Mokou responds, and bring her hands together in a seal. The air around her flares red.
>You sprint down the corridor, but Reisen moves to block your escape, standing amid the bullet's trajectories. Then suddenly your vision bends and stretches, and Reisen is all around you. You are in the center of a pinwheel of hallways, each of them looking the same. Reisen is even behind you. You can't see Mokou or Rumia. It's difficult to even read the path of the bullets.
>"What would an earthling like you know about right?" Reisen cries. "You are ignorant and greedy; you invaded us just because we were there! And now you think you can break into our home, insult us and then expect us to do what you want? Unforgivable!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »
>"That's funny, because Eientei's been here a whole lot longer. Looks like it was you who invaded us! And funny how you call us greedy when all you do is take and take from the earth and give nothing back! I just hope that the Princess is smarter than this like she was in proper history! Now bitch, get out of the way!"
>Does it seem like there's any particular height the bullets are favoring?
>Keep moving what feels like forward, regardless. Keep an arm up over our lower face to keep us from smacking into a wall face first.

>_

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
>"That's funny, because Eientei's been here a whole lot longer. Looks like it was you who invaded us! And funny how you call us greedy when all you do is take and take from the earth and give nothing back! I just hope that the Princess is smarter than this like she was in proper history! Now bitch, get out of the way!"
>Does it seem like there's any particular height the bullets are favoring?
>Keep moving what feels like forward, regardless. Keep an arm up over our lower face to keep us from smacking into a wall face first.

>Reisen glares at you, but does not respond.
>The bullets are spread out among most of the vertical space in the corridor. This isn't too difficult, given the relatively low ceiling here. They're not more than a foot away from you, at this point.
>You keep running in what feels like the direction you were already going, trying to shield your face with your arm. Reisen moves to grab you, only inches away from you, now.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »
> What direction was Reisen in from us before we started moving and she made everything all weird? If she hasn't move, where would that put her now?
> Unleash some danmaku in that general direction, or if possible, in all directions.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
> What direction was Reisen in from us before we started moving and she made everything all weird? If she hasn't move, where would that put her now?
> Unleash some danmaku in that general direction, or if possible, in all directions.

>Not this. Danmaku just plays into what she wants.
>Grab her instead, and if it feels like the real one, keep a firm grip, latch on with both hands, and go for the Headbutt Heard Round the World.
>If the grab attempt proves she's fake, keep going.

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »

>Reisen was directly in front of you, to begin with, about halfway down the hallway. After the corridors shifted, there was still a Reisen directly in front of you, looking much the same as ever, although there were several identical mirrors of this hallway at different angles. She moved closer to you as you started to charge at her.

>Not this. Danmaku just plays into what she wants.

>You consider just shooting her, but decide not to give her the satisfaction. Although it would probably feel pretty satisfying for you at the moment, too, to be honest...

>Grab her instead, and if it feels like the real one, keep a firm grip, latch on with both hands, and go for the Headbutt Heard Round the World.
>If the grab attempt proves she's fake, keep going.

>You decide to grab her before she grabs you. You reach out for her arm.... and pass through it. You keep sprinting forward. The bullets are practically grazing you, now. Suddenly, they become intangible and shift across space. The area around you is full of them, now, and you don't think you're going to be able to dodge them all unless you stop and focus on nothing but that.
>The air around you suddenly grows hot as a wave of fire sweeps along the walls. You can hear the sound of familiars shattering under it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »
>"You're running out of time, Reisen! She's gonna come for you next, and she doesn't care how many illusions you make!"
>Keep going forward. Duck and weave as we can.

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
>"You're running out of time, Reisen! She's gonna come for you next, and she doesn't care how many illusions you make!"

>"She can't see where she's shooting any better than you can," she replies. "It's only a matter of time before you both lose your way forever."

>Keep going forward. Duck and weave as we can.

>You keep moving forward, doing your best to dodge the incoming fire, but there's simply too much coming at you from beyond your peripheral vision. You feel painful impacts strike along your side and arm. One hits you badly in the leg, and you nearly stumble and fall. You're almost past the cloud, now! Just another foot... and you step free! Then, the world spins around you. There are bullets coming from every angle, from impossible angles. You see three Mokous, and you can't even tell how many Reisens. Is that a corridor in the ceiling? Another plummets away into the floor below you, your foot barely an inch from the edge.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »
>Close eyes, crawl forward. Let our hands do the seeing.

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »
>Close eyes, crawl forward. Let our hands do the seeing.

>You close your eyes to shut out the madness in front of you, and try to feel your way forward. You nervously reach over the pit before you, but you hand meets solid floor. You can't help but feel a surge of relief, and you hurry forward. You hear more more fire around you, and feel the wash of its heat across your face. A bullet strikes you across the back, and another connects with your right arm. You grit your teeth.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 08:07:45 PM »
>Keep going. Most of the bullets are probably fake, too.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »
> "Reisen, you have an immortal burning down the mansion, are you really willing to risk getting engulfed by the flames? I may get engulfed as well, but you should know that the bigger the fire the fast it spreads. If you made certain I would die, would you still be able to escape with your life?"

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »
>Keep going. Most of the bullets are probably fake, too.

>You keep moving forward. You feel a wall ahead of you that shouldn't be there. At least, unless you're already turned around. You turn right along the angle of the wall, trying to follow it. You feel more impacts from both sides, and above. You cry out. They certainly don't feel fake to you.

> "Reisen, you have an immortal burning down the mansion, are you really willing to risk getting engulfed by the flames? I may get engulfed as well, but you should know that the bigger the fire the fast it spreads. If you made certain I would die, would you still be able to escape with your life?"

>"The mansion will survive," she replies. "And I can see the ways out clearly; you can't even see anything at all, anymore! No one will be harmed here tonight but you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
>"At least, not until the things from the gaps rip it apart, you damned stupid parasite!"
>Does the voice seem to have solidified in one spot?

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »
>"At least, not until the things from the gaps rip it apart, you damned stupid parasite!"

>"The mansion is eternal," Reisen says. "It could survive the end of everything around it."
>"...what things?" Eirin asks, at length.

>Does the voice seem to have solidified in one spot?

>Unfortunately, no.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »
> "Time for a free lesson:  I encountered something from a series of gaps today that can only be described as some kind of Horror."
> Keep crawling.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:12 PM »
>"Close your eyes and keep telling yourself that, Reisen. I suppose that's the way of things here."
>Look toward Eirin's voice. "Why would you care? Don't you have more tragedies to gloat over? I'm sure there's a child dying of colic somewhere you can smirk about. At least Reisen had the basic decency to be somewhat ashamed about it."

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
> "Time for a free lesson:  I encountered something from a series of gaps today that can only be described as some kind of Horror."

>"...I see," Eirin replies. "And you're implying this is a threat to us, as well?"

>"Close your eyes and keep telling yourself that, Reisen. I suppose that's the way of things here."
>Look toward Eirin's voice. "Why would you care? Don't you have more tragedies to gloat over? I'm sure there's a child dying of colic somewhere you can smirk about. At least Reisen had the basic decency to be somewhat ashamed about it."

>"I am not so crude to take gloat over people's sufferings," Eirin replies. "A pity you seem to think that."
>"Don't you dare insult her!" Reisen yells.

> Keep crawling.

>You keep crawling forward. If anything, Reisen's fire seems to have increased. Your limbs throb and ache, and bullets continue to impact you from all sides. You think you're probably bleeding by now. Despite yourself, you feel tears form in your eyes, righteous anger the only thing keeping them back.
>"What the hell are you doing!?" you hear Mokou yell.
>"Leave her alone!" Rumia cries, sounding pained. You hear footsteps running towards you. You can't even tell what direction they're coming from anymore.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »
>"Shut your damn mouth, parasite! You were all too happy to act like those people dying were a good thing! Don't even pretend to act like you didn't say this! And I hope your servants heard you say it. And never forget it. And yes, they're a threat to you as well, but continue to close your eyes and pretend the world exists only for you. I would hope they come here next, but that would just lower me to your level."

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »
>"Shut your damn mouth, parasite! You were all too happy to act like those people dying were a good thing! Don't even pretend to act like you didn't say this! And I hope your servants heard you say it. And never forget it. And yes, they're a threat to you as well, but continue to close your eyes and pretend the world exists only for you. I would hope they come here next, but that would just lower me to your level."

>"I don't welcome the deaths of others," Eirin says, "but I have higher obligations. I wouldn't expect an earthling to understand."
>"You shut your damn mouth!" Mokou cries, and you hear more footsteps running towards you. Then something collide with a wall. She curses. Reisen gives a wry chuckle. "You shut it, too!" Mokou snaps.
>You drag yourself another inch forward, under the hail of bullets. The tears spill down your face. It hurts to walk. It hurts to stop. It hurts to see them care so little. You've seen so much suffering today. This isn't how it's supposed to happen!
>You feel a hand on you, and then something warm and heavy land on top of your body. The bullets stop hitting you. "Hang in there," you hear Mokou's voice, close to your ear. And then it is suddenly, swelteringly hot.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »
>Try to shout through the heat. "A so-called doctor, talking about a higher objectives than life? You were a good person when time was right! Now you're even more of a parasite than a tick youkai!"

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
>Try to shout through the heat. "A so-called doctor, talking about a higher objectives than life? You were a good person when time was right! Now you're even more of a parasite than a tick youkai!"

>"Some lives are worth more than others," she replies.
>Mokou yells, and you feel the heat disperse away from you with a crackling roar. Reisen screams. You note that the sound seems to only come from a single direction.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »
>Are we feeling any better, now that the the bullets have stopped?
>Open eyes, survey the damage. If we can see Eirin, focus on her.
>"By that system, the life of a parasite is worth less than nothing... Bitch...get out of the way. We have...worthwhile people to find...and save."

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 10:12:11 PM »
>Are we feeling any better, now that the the bullets have stopped?

>You ache and burn all over, and you suspect that trying to move is only going to make that worse. Although it certainly helps not to be sustaining any extra injuries at this point

>Open eyes, survey the damage. If we can see Eirin, focus on her.

>You open your eyes and look about. You can see both of Mokou's arms extended over you, touching the floor in front of you. Several of the walls, and a couple patches of the floor and ceiling seem to be on fire. Reisen's clothing and face seem singed, and she's currently putting out a small fire on her skirt. Eirin is nearby, looking at both you and Reisen.

>"By that system, the life of a parasite is worth less than nothing... Bitch...get out of the way. We have...worthwhile people to find...and save."

>Eirin says nothing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2010, 10:17:52 PM »
>Force ourselves forward.

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
>Force ourselves forward.

>You bring yourself to your feet, your legs quivering beneath you, and take an unsteady step forward. You limbs protest the exertion, but you refuse to listen to them. You take a second. And a third.
>Reisen pulls another spellcard out, but Eirin puts a hand on her shoulder. She is staring at you silently.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
>"Hmm? Higher obligations? What would these "higher obligations" be?"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:43:57 PM by Romanoff Kaiser NEX Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
>Add an acidic "Doctor" to the end of that.

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »
>"Hmm? Higher obligations? What would thse "higher obligations" be?"
>Add an acidic "Doctor" to the end of that.

>"The Princess, of course," she replies. "I would have thought that was obvious."