Author Topic: Maribel Quest Followthrough - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 68499 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Maribel Quest Followthrough - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 04:26:20 AM »
> "So that's why Yuuka and Shizuha got mad at me..."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 04:30:23 AM »
>On the other hand, Yuuka may have taken offense no matter how we entered her garden, given what people have said about her...
>"I suppose that makes sense. Thank you."
>Fly towards the shrine, and land a polite distance away from habitation, and cover the rest on foot.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 04:45:00 AM »
> "So that's why Yuuka and Shizuha got mad at me..."

>"Yuuka probably got mad at you because you were there, to be honest," says Momiji.

>On the other hand, Yuuka may have taken offense no matter how we entered her garden, given what people have said about her...
>"I suppose that makes sense. Thank you."
>Fly towards the shrine, and land a polite distance away from habitation, and cover the rest on foot.

>You decide Momiji has it.
>She nods. "Well, I did let you in, so I want you to behave youself."
>She lets you go. You land near the town, and walk the rest of the way, ascending a set of stone steps. The town itself is composed of a number of narrow, tall buildings, many bristling with balconies and such that seem to be made for an aerial people to use as needs be. Some of them are even connected by walkways between the balconies. You see a few tengu flying about, and more of them on the ground, going about their daily business. There are many birds here as well, especially crows and ravens. You can see a couple largish buildings about. Up ahead are the gates of the Shrine. Obvious exits are North, East, West, and South.

>_

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 04:54:00 AM »
>Continue towards the shrine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 05:05:58 AM »
>Continue towards the shrine

>You continue toward the shrine. Along the way, a few of the kappa give you odd looks, but no one seems to bother you.
>Soon you reach the open gates of the shrine, and walk inside.
>Standing in stark contrast to the Hakurei Shrine, the Moriya shrine is in excellent condition. The building is in fine shape, both clean and well-maintained. It's obvious a lot of love has gone into it. It seems to lack the aura of age that the Hakurei shrine does, having instead a sort of clean dignity about it that you cannot really put into the words. A stone path leads to it, with several trees nearby ringed with shimenawa. You can see a little fortune-telling set near the shrine's porch, and there is stone basin of clean water near the gates. In the bank, you can see a pond, with several onbashira raising from it. Obvious exists are West, East 1, and East 2.
>You can see a woman with a blue skirt and green hair tending to one of the trees. She has a clip shaped like a frog in her hair, and a hair ornament shaped like a snake dangling from it.

>_

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 05:09:29 AM »
>Walk up to the woman
>"Excuse me. I'm searching for a friend of mine, and I was told that Kanako might be able to help me locate her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 05:21:20 AM »
>Walk up to the woman
>"Excuse me. I'm searching for a friend of mine, and I was told that Kanako might be able to help me locate her."

>She looks toward you as you approach. "I'm afraid Kanako-sama isn't in right now," she says. "Is there something I can help with, perhaps?"

>_

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 05:25:26 AM »
>"I don't suppose you've seen or heard of another human female around this way? Around my age, brown hair. Her name is Renko."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 05:30:28 AM »
>"I don't suppose you've seen or heard of another human female around this way? Around my age, brown hair. Her name is Renko."

>She shakes her head. "It's honestly a little unusual to see any kind of human here, let alone any specific one. Mostly we have tengu and kappa here."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 05:32:15 AM »
> Sigh.
> "Man, I have no idea where she could be, then...she really could be anywhere, but I feel like I've looked everywhere. Or maybe she didn't come into Gensokyo with me..."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
>"That's too bad, although I admit I'm getting used to that response. I've covered a lot of Gensokyo looking for her, now. I was told that Kanako can 'read the winds', and might be able to hint me in the right direction, at the least."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »
> Sigh.
> "Man, I have no idea where she could be, then...she really could be anywhere, but I feel like I've looked everywhere. Or maybe she didn't come into Gensokyo with me..."

>She frowns. "Came to Gensokyo? So, you're from elsewhere?" She gives you a scrutinizing look.

>"That's too bad, although I admit I'm getting used to that response. I've covered a lot of Gensokyo looking for her, now. I was told that Kanako can 'read the winds', and might be able to hint me in the right direction, at the least."

>She frowns. "I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe she really isn't here with you. People coming from elsewhere is rare enough as it is. It might be she just didn't. But yes, Kanako-sama may be convinced to help you."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 05:45:26 AM »
> "Yeah, I'm from what is apparently the 'outside'. I have no idea how it happened. One day I'm running Usami Investigations on Gensokyo Isle, the next, BAM, I'm here. It's a real mystery."

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 05:46:22 AM »
>"I understand there's a possibility that she isn't here. But... we were really close, and I won't be satisfied until I feel that I've covered everything, you know?"
>"I would very much appreciate it if she could. Do you have any idea when she might be expected back?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 05:54:01 AM »
> "Yeah, I'm from what is apparently the 'outside'. I have no idea how it happened. One day I'm running Usami Investigations on Gensokyo Isle, the next, BAM, I'm here. It's a real mystery."

>"Hm, really?" she says.

>"I understand there's a possibility that she isn't here. But... we were really close, and I won't be satisfied until I feel that I've covered everything, you know?"
>"I would very much appreciate it if she could. Do you have any idea when she might be expected back?"

>She nods. "I understand how you feel, I think. But I cannot tell you when Kanako-sama will be back. She's been quite active in the town the past couple days."

>_

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 05:59:41 AM »
>"Ah, I see. Should I simply come back some other time, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 06:05:24 AM »
>"Ah, I see. Should I simply come back some other time, then?"

>"If you wish," says the green-haired woman. "But, no one is chasing you away."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 06:07:13 AM »
> "Well, in that case, I should probably at least introduce myself, after bugging you with a whole lot of my personal problems. I am Maribel Hearn."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »
> "Well, in that case, I should probably at least introduce myself, after bugging you with a whole lot of my personal problems. I am Maribel Hearn."

>She nods deeply toward you. "I am Sanae Kochiya. It's a pleasure. And, don't feel too bad about that. It's part of my duties to listen to others."

>_

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:32 AM »
>"Thanks, I appreciate it. It's... been a rather indescribable sort of day, today, as I'm sure you can imagine. But I'm still in one piece, so I think I'm doing okay."
>"Now that I think of it, what is a proper etiquette for addressing a goddess, anyway? I... can't say I've ever attempted to talk to one, before."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 06:21:12 AM »
> "Wait, you're Sanae? Then...uh. Oh dear. You said Kanako has taken a shine to the village...I assume you mean the village I past on the way here, not the human village back on sea level. Is she there right now?"

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 06:23:18 AM »
What are we 'Oh dear'-ing about? And even if we're internalizing such things, why are we letting it slip to her?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 06:24:11 AM »
>"Thanks, I appreciate it. It's... been a rather indescribable sort of day, today, as I'm sure you can imagine. But I'm still in one piece, so I think I'm doing okay."
>"Now that I think of it, what is a proper etiquette for addressing a goddess, anyway? I... can't say I've ever attempted to talk to one, before."

>She nods. "If you're really new here, I can imagine."
>"Well, be on your best behavior, of course." she says, "Try to be humble without groveling. Don't make demands, of course. It's considered good manners to donate if she does grant you a boon. It's really not so bad, Kanako-sama is quite nice."

> "Wait, you're Sanae? Then...uh. Oh dear. You said Kanako has taken a shine to the village...I assume you mean the village I past on the way here, not the human village back on sea level. Is she there right now?"

>"Well, yes I am, is that a problem? And yes, she should be in the tengu town right now, unless she felt a need to leave."

>_

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:44 AM »
>"That... doesn't sound so intimidating for a goddess, actually. I almost wondered whether it was presumptuous to attempt to even speak with her directly, or something."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 06:29:25 AM »
>"That... doesn't sound so intimidating for a goddess, actually. I almost wondered whether it was presumptuous to attempt to even speak with her directly, or something."

>"There are some that feel this way," she says. "But Kanako-sama is really quite kind. She would prefer to be with her followers, rather than remote and unknown. It is a little presumptuous, but I don't think she is offended as long as you don't barge in on her when she is busy without her permission. Should you find her around town, it shouldn't be a problem at all."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 06:31:15 AM »
What are we 'Oh dear'-ing about? And even if we're internalizing such things, why are we letting it slip to her?

Just having fun playing the character.

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 06:32:47 AM »
>"Ah, I see. Thank you. I think I may go have a little look around town in that case, if you don't mind. Have a pleasant day!"
>Head back towards town.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 06:38:25 AM »
>"Ah, I see. Thank you. I think I may go have a little look around town in that case, if you don't mind. Have a pleasant day!"
>Head back towards town.

>She nods. "I wish you luck."
>You return to town. Standing outside the gates, you can see a large, squarish building not far from here. Being one story and without decoration, you have the feeling it must be meant for some sort of public use, or has a specific designation that is not to be interfered with. To the south, you see a sizable street. Westward, the road leads out of town. Obvious exits are North, South, East, and West.

>_

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 06:40:32 AM »
>Head south
>Keep an eye out for anyone matching Kanako's description

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 06:48:03 AM »
>Head south
>Keep an eye out for anyone matching Kanako's description

>You head south, following the road, as it were to an intersection. In front of you is a large manner that reminds you of Yuugi's residence. In fact...it looks an awful lot like Yuugi's residence upon closer inspection. A street stretches to the East and west, where you see a number of tall tengu homes bunched together. Looking west, you see a tall-looking woman with a large length of rope around her back, kneeling in front of a tengu child; the latter of which is waving her hands wildly as she talks about something. A few tengu watch her from a respectable distance. There is a very pleasant breeze on this street.

>_