Author Topic: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 78854 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Maribel Quest - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: August 05, 2010, 05:45:57 AM »
>Resist temptation to ask for a spade or anything - we're in no place to complain about getting our hands dirty. And they're full enough already.
>How's our grip on the flowerbox and the rest of our stuff?
>"There are eight flowers here - how many different locations should I plant them in?"
>"Should I worry about how much water they get?"
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #991 on: August 05, 2010, 05:55:56 AM »
>Resist temptation to ask for a spade or anything - we're in no place to complain about getting our hands dirty. And they're full enough already.
>How's our grip on the flowerbox and the rest of our stuff?
>"There are eight flowers here - how many different locations should I plant them in?"
>"Should I worry about how much water they get?"

>You have a good hold on the box.
>"That's up to you. All of them in the same spot, spread them around. All I care is your place them beautifully. And again, I will know if you try to be lazy about it. Afterward, I would like my box back. And who knows, maybe you'll impress me."
>"Ah yes. If normal grass can thrive there, they'll be fine. Anything else?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #992 on: August 05, 2010, 06:10:13 AM »
>"Nothing else important comes to mind at the moment... but out of curiosity, what are these flowers called?"
>Do we still have our Byakuren's branch comfortably?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #993 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:32 AM »
>"Nothing else important comes to mind at the moment... but out of curiosity, what are these flowers called?"
>Do we still have our Byakuren's branch comfortably?

>"Fire Lilies" says Yuka.
>You are holding it under the box.  It's not useful, but at least you can keep it with you.
>"Ten..." says Yuka.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #994 on: August 05, 2010, 06:24:50 AM »
> gulp, can't be good...
> "I'll go to plant them now, unless you have more business with me."
> If Yuka does not stop us, make our way away from the feild, making sure not to drop the flowers.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #995 on: August 05, 2010, 06:37:34 AM »
> gulp, can't be good...
> "I'll go to plant them now, unless you have more business with me."
> If Yuka does not stop us, make our way away from the feild, making sure not to drop the flowers.

>You don't like the sound of that at all.
>You tell her you'll get on it right away. "Nine..."
>Deciding she is doing the exact opposite of trying to stop you, you get away from the field as quickly as you can without dropping your payload, while she continues to count down. You leave the field by the time she gets to four, and she doesn't seem interested in chasing you down once you're out of earshot.
>You are in at the edge of grassy plain. This place doesn't seem to be traversed much by human or youkai; with grasses that reach higher than your waist as far as the eye can see; at least to the west. To the north, you can see Yuka's Flower Field. To the east a little ways is the road, and beyond it a hill covered with white flowers. To the south, you can see farmland. Obvious exits are North, South, East, and West.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #996 on: August 05, 2010, 06:45:45 AM »
>Going back to Reimu's with the flowers might be a bad idea. That lovestruck fairy might try to destroy them out of spite. Also, our focus is pretty shot with the box around.
>Follow the road back towards town. This area is a little dangerous, and we should get some distance from Yuuka to get started on the flowers before she changes her mind. Also, we should find out whether there's anything un-benign about her interest in spreading flowers around. Or at least this kind of flower.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #997 on: August 05, 2010, 06:55:42 AM »
>Going back to Reimu's with the flowers might be a bad idea. That lovestruck fairy might try to destroy them out of spite. Also, our focus is pretty shot with the box around.
>Follow the road back towards town. This area is a little dangerous, and we should get some distance from Yuuka to get started on the flowers before she changes her mind. Also, we should find out whether there's anything un-benign about her interest in spreading flowers around. Or at least this kind of flower.

>Unfortunately, you'll have to set the flowers aside if you get into any scraps.
>You head back toward the road, and follow it into the town.
>You hover past the farm fields, seeing farms at work doing...something to their crops, you're not sure what. There is an abundance of rice here, but you noticing some fields with other crops as well. Most interesting is the occasional sign that reads "Do no tamper with these fields, or I will end you. We all eat from these." with a caricature of a very irate Reimu painted on them.
>The farmers pay you no mind, and you soon find yourself near the ship-turned-temple once more.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #998 on: August 05, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »
> Wait, don't Fire Lilies symbolize death to the recipient when given as a gift?
> Would these technicly count as a gift?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #999 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:45 AM »
> Wait, don't Fire Lilies symbolize death to the recipient when given as a gift?
> Would these technicly count as a gift?

>Do they? That would be bad, wouldn't it? Especially if that kind of thing actually means something here...
>You're not sure. For you, it's more of a penitence, you think. You might be able to give them as gifts, but Yuka said something about pawning the job off on others...

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #1000 on: August 05, 2010, 07:10:33 AM »
>Asking permission to plant it there yourself may be a good idea, however, especially if there's some power behind the flower. Thanks, Ruro!
>In light of the above, token Mario reference.

>See what else is around town right now!
>If anyone's just hanging around the temple, consider accosting them to ask about the flower. Maybe offer to plant one if Byakuren would like it.
>Failing that, investigate what's changed in town and whether there's anyone to talk to at the moment.
>Be the other girl.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:18:32 AM by E-Nazrin »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #1001 on: August 05, 2010, 07:15:51 AM »
> make sure Yuka doesn't shank us

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1002 on: August 05, 2010, 07:19:44 AM »
> make sure Yuka doesn't shank us

>"Too late, changed my mind!" says Yuka, before she stabs you in the back with her umbrella
>"Bitch!" Parsee cries, as she shanks Yuka, "That's my job!" Then she shanks you for good measure.