Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71176 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
>"Do you know of any structures beneath the CRA? Possibly an old bomb shelter or something?"

>"Beneath?" Hatoko considers that question for some time. "I suppose it's possible. I don't know of anything like that, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I'd have to look into it."

« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2016, 11:38:32 PM »
>"The shrine maiden who was with me the other day said she sensed some metallic structure down there, and that was where this ghost seemed to come from. After she dissipated, these bones were left behind where she was standing. I... can honestly only assume they came from someone who died down there, decades ago. I couldn't give you a name or anything, I'm afraid."

« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2016, 11:46:37 PM »
>"The shrine maiden who was with me the other day said she sensed some metallic structure down there, and that was where this ghost seemed to come from. After she dissipated, these bones were left behind where she was standing. I... can honestly only assume they came from someone who died down there, decades ago. I couldn't give you a name or anything, I'm afraid."

>Hatoko presses her hand to her head and takes a deep breath. "I'm a long way from an expert on ghosts, but I've also never heard of one dragging its bones with it. They sometimes lead people TO their bones, but they don't bring their bones to them."

« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2016, 11:52:05 PM »
>"I'm afraid I'm not much of an expert, either; this is the first time I've spoken with one, as far as I know. But I figured you'd need some explanation for where the bones in the hallway came from, and that's the best I can provide at the moment. Sorry."

« Reply #304 on: May 27, 2016, 12:07:13 AM »
>"I'm afraid I'm not much of an expert, either; this is the first time I've spoken with one, as far as I know. But I figured you'd need some explanation for where the bones in the hallway came from, and that's the best I can provide at the moment. Sorry."

>The kimono-clad raises her head to look you in the eye. "Are the people here at risk right now?" she asks seriously.

« Reply #305 on: May 27, 2016, 12:13:50 AM »
>"Everything seems clear to me, and I was thorough. I have no reason to think anyone here is in danger."

« Reply #306 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:09 AM »
>"Everything seems clear to me, and I was thorough. I have no reason to think anyone here is in danger."

>Hatoko breathes a sigh of relief. "All right." she says with a nod. "I realize there are things you're not telling me, and that's fine. Everyone has their secrets. The safety of the people that work here and the people we help are my only concern. If there was something I needed to know, you would tell me?"

« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2016, 01:40:03 AM »
>"Absolutely. The reason I am here at all today was to make doubly-sure that no one else here might be in harm's way. I can find absolutely no evidence of a threat lingering."

« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2016, 02:17:36 AM »
>"Absolutely. The reason I am here at all today was to make doubly-sure that no one else here might be in harm's way. I can find absolutely no evidence of a threat lingering."

>Hatoko seems to accept this. She then looks over her shoulder. "Which leaves just the mystery, then."

« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2016, 02:18:54 AM »
>"Yes. I would be curious to find out what it is exactly that's buried beneath here."
>"On an unrelated note, is Koishi Komeiji working today?"

« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2016, 02:30:29 AM »
>"Yes. I would be curious to find out what it is exactly that's buried beneath here."
>"On an unrelated note, is Koishi Komeiji working today?"

>"I'll see what I can find out. It might take some time, though. You mentioned a metallic structure of some kind beneath us. You mean directly down, or, where?"

>"Dr. Komeji? Yes." Hatoko checks her watch. "I believe she should be with Marigold, unless she got waylaid. Or distracted."

« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2016, 02:35:16 AM »
>"Oh, that's convenient. I was also hoping to see Marigold again while I'm here. And it's relatively directly below us, from what I remember. Maybe twenty feet or so?"

« Reply #312 on: May 27, 2016, 02:38:45 AM »
>"Oh, that's convenient. I was also hoping to see Marigold again while I'm here. And it's relatively directly below us, from what I remember. Maybe twenty feet or so?"

>The bird youkai examines the floor and wall as she asks, "So did the wall open for it, or did it just pass through?"

« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:01 AM »
>"She passed through."

« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2016, 03:32:26 AM »

« Reply #315 on: May 27, 2016, 03:34:50 AM »
>Point to the spot she appeared

« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2016, 07:03:25 PM »
>Point to the spot she appeared

>Hatoko turns and heads down the hallway to examine the wall. She mutters something under her breath then takes two steps back. "I'll need to get a crew down here. The wall may need to come down. Probably talk to someone from the Shrines, make sure there's no more ghosts where that one came from..."

« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »
>"She seemed friendly enough, for what it's worth, and I haven't been able to sense anything else at the moment. Though I do understand your concern, of course."

« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2016, 09:55:35 PM »
>"She seemed friendly enough, for what it's worth, and I haven't been able to sense anything else at the moment. Though I do understand your concern, of course."

>"Mmm." she mutters, distracted, before turning back to you. "I think I'd better get started on this. If you ladies will excuse me?"

« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »
>"Of course. And thank you again."
>Let's go track down Koishi and Marigold

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »
>"Of course. And thank you again."
>Let's go track down Koishi and Marigold

>Hatoko manages a smile. "I suppose I should thank you both as well."
>Rather than trudge all the way back up the stairs, Hatoko invites the two of you to use the elevator with her. It'll get you closer to where you want to be without having to navigate the building. While you prefer stairs in general, they're better for you after all, you don't fancy getting lost in here trying to find who you're after, so you accept her offer.
>The colorful bird disembarks on the first floor, while you and Rin continue on to the third floor. This floor is rather less active than the first floor was, and you see only two people between the lift and your target. One is a blue-haired woman intently reading from a clipboard who takes no notice of you at all. The other is a stern-faced goat-horned Oni who demands to know what two outlandish girls like you are doing up here. White Rose cleverly mentions that you have Hatoko's permission, and the angry man shakes his head and stomps away, muttering about proper procedures and the need for a stiff drink.

>The room where you find Koishi and Marigold is the sort of room you'd expect a counselor to work out of. Your 'daughter's' attention is on a rather colorful book open on the desk she sits at, studying it intently. A plate with two sandwiches sits to her right, seemingly untouched. Koishi is seated on an old couch on the left-hand side of the wall, idly spinning a pen around her fingers.

« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
>Knock politely on the door

« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »
>Knock politely on the door

>"It's open." Koishi replies without looking up.

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2016, 11:56:46 PM »
>Walk in and smile
>"Hello, Marigold."

« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2016, 01:16:49 AM »
>Walk in and smile
>"Hello, Marigold."

>The raven-haired young youkai tears her eyes away from her book to look at you, takes a quick, furtive glance at Koishi, then nods. "Hello." she replies quietly, politely.
>Koishi, on the other hand, jumps to her feet. "It's you." she blurts.

« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2016, 01:25:11 AM »
>"It, uh... is? Yes?"

« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2016, 01:41:18 AM »
>"It, uh... is? Yes?"

>Koishi's expression is unreadable as she briskly crosses the room, and for a moment you're half afraid the woman is charging you. When she gets within range, though, she does not attack. She reaches out and hugs you, fiercely. "Thank you." she whispers.

« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2016, 01:52:17 AM »
>Put on arm of our own around her gently
>"I'm just glad we were able to help."

>At such close range, can we sense anything at all dark in Koishi? Even the slightest hint of something like the splinter that was in Satori?

« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2016, 02:18:38 AM »
>At such close range, can we sense anything at all dark in Koishi? Even the slightest hint of something like the splinter that was in Satori?

>You cannot. Your mystic senses show nothing even remotely close to the evil thing that had been polluting Satori's body. And at this range, especially when in physical contact, if there was anything to see, to sense, you definitely would have.
>In fact, what you sense from Koishi is nearly the opposite of evil. Her third eye, while closed, radiates a kind of light when you turn your senses on it. A white light, and while you're not sure if you'd call it purely good, it is at least mostly good.

>Put on arm of our own around her gently
>"I'm just glad we were able to help."

>The younger of the two Komeji siblings nods, then pulls away from you. "And, I'm sorry." she says with a profound regret.

« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2016, 02:20:21 AM »
>"For what?"