Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71167 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2016, 01:05:07 AM »
>"Are you... Forgive me if this is terribly rude, but are you only able to maintain a visible presence in the world briefly?"

>The dead woman nods. "I speak through the dead. I would have liked more time, but this body is incompatible with me. It will be bones again soon."

« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2016, 01:07:47 AM »
>"Is there any last thing you think we should know, then?"

« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2016, 03:34:11 AM »
>"Is there any last thing you think we should know, then?"

>Her flesh now flickering more frequently, the dead woman tilts her head back once more. "Protect Yuyuko." she whispers.

« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2016, 03:58:23 AM »
>"Is she in danger? Moreso than the rest of us, I mean?"

« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2016, 07:29:29 PM »
>"Is she in danger? Moreso than the rest of us, I mean?"

>"Not from the Champions..." the dead woman whispers as the flames to either side of her flicker one last time, then vanish. "From herself...." Her last word fades away like one falling down into a deep ravine, and the veneer of flesh and fabric fades completely. A collection of old bones clatter to the lead floor.

« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2016, 07:36:06 PM »
>Call out after the ghost one last time, in case she can hear us: "Thank you!"
>Then stare down at the bones on the floor
>Well, this is going to be a bit difficult to explain.

« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2016, 07:56:38 PM »
>Call out after the ghost one last time, in case she can hear us: "Thank you!"
>Then stare down at the bones on the floor
>Well, this is going to be a bit difficult to explain.

>When ya think things can't get any weirder... Rin says telepathically as she curses vocally in her first language. I don't like it, Mistress. I don't trust that thing.

« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2016, 09:18:13 PM »
>Mysteriously knowledgeable entities showing up just long enough to give us hints seems to be becoming a pattern. What she said about the splinters does contradict what Junko said last night, but Motormaster is easily enough investigated - I'm certainly not willing to assume she's wrong about them. And the sooner we look into it, the better.
>Do we know what Koishi actually does here, incidentally?
>Have we ever interacted with her before?

« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2016, 01:15:53 AM »
>Mysteriously knowledgeable entities showing up just long enough to give us hints seems to be becoming a pattern. What she said about the splinters does contradict what Junko said last night, but Motormaster is easily enough investigated - I'm certainly not willing to assume she's wrong about them. And the sooner we look into it, the better.
>Do we know what Koishi actually does here, incidentally?
>Have we ever interacted with her before?

>Does that mean you wanna go right to that graveyard?
>She serves as a counselor here, much as she does at school.
>Not in a professional capacity, but you have spoken to her. You find her to be a bit eccentric, but a good-hearted person.

« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2016, 01:30:00 AM »
>Not alone. If Motormaster really does have a splinter in them, we all should be there - if it's even half as strong as Satori's, we can't take unnecessary risks. But I'd still like to act swiftly.
>Take a last sweep around the area, and assuming we find nothing else, head back to Hatoko

« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »
>Not alone. If Motormaster really does have a splinter in them, we all should be there - if it's even half as strong as Satori's, we can't take unnecessary risks. But I'd still like to act swiftly.
>Take a last sweep around the area, and assuming we find nothing else, head back to Hatoko

>So much for an fight-free day? Rin muses wryly.
>And there's something else that corpse said I don't get. she continues as you finish your scans of the area. That's the hospital that Lily's mom got taken to. Lily's spent a lotta time there over the past couple days. She ought to have sensed something if an Avatar worked there, right?

« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2016, 06:46:02 PM »
>Could you sense either Sanae or Patchouli's connection to their Champion, when they weren't actively invoking their power?

« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2016, 07:05:32 PM »
>Could you sense either Sanae or Patchouli's connection to their Champion, when they weren't actively invoking their power?

>Well, no. I mean when they transformed, yeah, but not since then. Your kasha frowns in thought as you close down your probing, content that the Tar has been thoroughly neutralized, and that this 'Ultimate Truth' thing is gone. I don't know... I just got a bad feeling from her, Mistress, a real bad feeling. she insists as the two of you turn around and head back for the stairs.

« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
>Is this because she was speaking through the dead, or do you think it's something more than that?

« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:35 PM »
>Is this because she was speaking through the dead, or do you think it's something more than that?

>The dead thing'd be enough. Rin grumbles. But it's more than than too. I can't... The way she said 'You aren't ready to know me yet.' What could she mean by that?

« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »
>I don't know either. But it's clear we can't simply ignore her information, nor do I plan to take any action based on it that I would not otherwise, save for further investigation. If there is indeed another splinter inside Motormaster, I should be able to detect it, and should certainly wish to deal with it regardless.

« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
>I don't know either. But it's clear we can't simply ignore her information, nor do I plan to take any action based on it that I would not otherwise, save for further investigation. If there is indeed another splinter inside Motormaster, I should be able to detect it, and should certainly wish to deal with it regardless.

>Well, that'll make Reisen happy, that's for sure. But what about the other splinter, the one she said was in Scatterclaw? The redhead makes a face. That's a weird name, even when you're think-talking.

« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »
>Well, that ghost wouldn't be the first to imply he's out of any of our leagues. I don't like the idea of such a powerful and dangerous figure remaining unchecked to close to home, but if he's apparently left well enough alone for this long.... we have enough pressing concerns already without disturbing another - even if his power has been overstated.

« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2016, 09:06:48 PM »
>Well, that ghost wouldn't be the first to imply he's out of any of our leagues. I don't like the idea of such a powerful and dangerous figure remaining unchecked to close to home, but if he's apparently left well enough alone for this long.... we have enough pressing concerns already without disturbing another - even if his power has been overstated.

>'Don't kick the hornet's nest', right? she asks, though her phrasing implies uncertainty as to whether or not she's using the phrase correctly.

« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2016, 09:13:41 PM »
>That's a good way of putting it.

« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2016, 09:46:22 PM »
>That's a good way of putting it.

>And, after the Champions are gone?

« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »
>Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:36 AM »
>Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

>Rin chuckles. Bet that'd make Kiku happy. Cleanin' up the town, an all that.
>Most of the people who were in the break room in the first basement have left by the time you and Rin return there. Only Hatoko remains of those who were there, seated next to a lovely looking woman with long blonde hair and brilliant white wings in a plain white robe. She seems to be one of those with a faint aura of magic, though it is very faint indeed.
>Hatoko looks up as you and White Rose come up the stairs and looks at you expectantly.

« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2016, 01:03:07 AM »
>Motion her over
>"Could I speak with you for a moment?"

« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2016, 01:23:38 AM »
>Motion her over
>"Could I speak with you for a moment?"

>The colorful youkai wastes no time in standing and crossing the room to you. Glancing back at the other youkai in the room, who seems to be engrossed in a very old book, she turns back to you and asks, quietly, "You found something?"

« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2016, 01:32:35 AM »
>Quietly: "Nothing hostile or dangerous or related to the previous incident, but... This may sound strange, but we apparently attracted the attention of the ghost of someone buried beneath the CRA. She said hello. Her, uh... bones appear to have remained in the hallway after she passed out of the living world again. Near that sheet of lead."

« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2016, 01:35:59 AM »
>Quietly: "Nothing hostile or dangerous or related to the previous incident, but... This may sound strange, but we apparently attracted the attention of the ghost of someone buried beneath the CRA. She said hello. Her, uh... bones appear to have remained in the hallway after she passed out of the living world again. Near that sheet of lead."

>Hatoko's colorful wings flutter in surprise. "Come again?"

« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2016, 01:59:11 AM »
>"Yes, I'm as surprised by this as you are, but you can see for yourself, if you like."
>Mosey on over towards the bone pile, if she's curious

« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
>"Yes, I'm as surprised by this as you are, but you can see for yourself, if you like."
>Mosey on over towards the bone pile, if she's curious

>"I think I had better." Hatoko manages to say at last. Thus, she follows you and Rin back down the stairs and to the entrance to the salt pool locker room. The bird youkai gapes in surprise at the clump of old bones lying in the hallway. "How.... How did this happen? Where did those bones come from?"

« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »
>"Do you know of any structures beneath the CRA? Possibly an old bomb shelter or something?"