Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3  (Read 63283 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2015, 04:45:05 AM »
>"It's, um, something of a long story. I can explain later. I heard Kohaku and Koryu were looking for Reisen?"

>"That we were, Byakuren, that we were." Koryu drawls as he picks himself up off the floor. "I think the game's over, ladies."
>"Oh no way are you getting away that easy." Nitori declares. "I haven't beaten you yet."
>"Sorry, Nitori." Kohaku says to assuage her as she, too, stands up. So far as you can tell, she hadn't lost a single piece of clothing. "But we need to get back to Reimu-sama once we deliver our message."
>"Oh, fine." the kappa pouts before jabbing her finger at Koryu. "But you owe me a rematch, boy."
>"Just make sure you're wearing more layers next time." the braided brunette grins at Nitori, who growls exaggeratedly in reply. This only makes Koryu's grin broader as he puts his belt back on.
>"Says the man minus his shirt." Letty remarks.
>"Yeah, well, much as I'm sure you'd like the chance to get me out of the rest, Kohaku's right, we do gotta get back to work."

>"Are you okay?" Kohaku asks Reisen.
>The rabbit smiles slightly and sighs. "I've had better days, but I'll be alright."
>"I'm sure." the bodyguard replies with a sympathetic smile. "Well, to get right down to it, Reimu didn't think that Patchy was coming back. Do you think she's right?"
>"No." Reisen says with a shake of her head. "She'll be back. Someday. But I honestly don't know when. I couldn't find her after she left."
>"Reimu thought that, you might have been worried, not just about Patchouli but about yourself as well."
>"She was?"
>"Actually, sis here was first." Koryu says as he pulls his shirt back on. "She just likes giving Reimu credit."
>"Koryu!" the woman cries, fixing her brother with a shocked look.
>Which he only smirks at. "Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em, sis. Can't remember the last time you didn't prop someone else up before yourself."
>"Kinda sounds like you like dat, Mistress." Rin says gently.

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2015, 04:53:53 AM »
>"Is this to do with the lease on their apartment?"

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2015, 05:40:26 AM »
>"Is this to do with the lease on their apartment?"

>"More or less." Koryu says as he shrugs his suit's jacket on. "See, technically, Reisen here wouldn't be allowed to stay in that apartment, on acount of her status, not without someone from the Knowledge family there as well." His use of the word 'status' speaks volumes about him little he cares for the idea himself. "There's some shit in the national rules about that."
>"Reimu, however, had a different opinion." his sister adds. "She wanted us to tell you that even if Patchouli's gone for a long time, you can stay there, if you wanted. The rent's been paid until January, and if nothing's changed by then, I'm sure Reimu-sama will be willing to work something out with you." Reisen blinks in surprise. "She would have told you that herself, but she was called back to the main household to report on what she saw today."
>"The Hakurei's don't like when this sort of thing happens in their city. You can be damn sure they're gonna try and get to the bottom of it. And the Saigyojis as well."
>"Hold on, hold on." Reisen interrupts, still seemingly not quite on the same page as the Daidoujis. "That's.. not up to me, that's up to my owner."
>"Yeah, well if Reimu were here, you can bet your ass she'd say something like, 'Screw that. You're my tenant and my friend, and this is my damn building, so what I say goes.'"
>Kohaku sighs at her brothers bluntness. "Tactless though he may be, he's not entirely wrong, Reisen. Everyone who lives here is Reimu-sama's responsibility, and she isn't the kind of person to let those responsibilities get pushed to the back burner. There's never a good time to turn someone out, and this would be one of the worst time. Reimu wouldn't hear of it."
>"And yeah, we know the Knowledges might have something to say about that." Koryu says as he belts his sword back on. "I wouldn't worry much about that, either. The Hakureis have a bit more clout than those two."

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2015, 05:50:20 AM »
>See? I told you things would work out alright.
>"I'm glad to hear it. A little bit of normalcy in light of these recent events is something we all could use, I think."

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2015, 07:47:48 AM »
>See? I told you things would work out alright.
>"I'm glad to hear it. A little bit of normalcy in light of these recent events is something we all could use, I think."

>Reisen's ears droop as she sighs in relief. Minoriko and Rin each lay a friendly hand on the rabbit's shoulders.
>"And while we're talking, I'll tell you three what we told your friends here earlier. Any more of those wizards, or whatever they were, show up here, call Reimu straight off." Kohaku instructs. "Some us, like me, train for handling that kind of problem." To emphasize his point, he holds up his left fist, and a ring on his finger sparks with power.
>"But, ain't you bodyguards?" Rin asks, puzzled.
>Kohaku nods. "But Reimu-sama understands that we have skills and abilities beyond the average bodyguard."
>"We're her elite troops." her brother declares, walking up to stand next to Kohaku and dropping his arm possessively across her shoulders. "And I for one am sorry I wasn't here to prove just how elite."

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:40 AM »
>That ring isn't giving off any Champion-associated power, is it?
>Just how much power do we think he has, anyway?

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2015, 11:59:21 PM »
>That ring isn't giving off any Champion-associated power, is it?
>Just how much power do we think he has, anyway?

>It is not. It's obviously magical- In fact, a lot of items he's wearing are giving off magical signatures, him ad his sister both. And while the energy that ring is giving off is a bit abnormal, not quite like any kind of magic you've sensed before, the ring itself is couched in more mundane magic, as is the rest of the gear worn by him and his sister. Fairly powerful stuff, too. Either one of them might be able to land a decent blow against an Avatar, since it appears that Terran magics work on them, but the Daidoujis wouldn't even be able to scratch a Champion.
>Having said that though, there is something peculiar about the magical auras of Kohaku and Koryu themselves. Both of them are magic users, you can sense that plainly enough, but there's something else there as well. It isn't Champion related, or related to Makai in any way at all, you're fairly confidant of that. But it is also rather faint, and impossible to gauge any specifics on in your human form. It doesn't appear to be like anything you've ever sensed before.

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2015, 01:52:50 AM »
>So we have no idea what this odd aura is, nor would we be able to tell anything further without transforming?
>"Well, I certainly appreciate the offer."

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2015, 04:45:10 AM »
>So we have no idea what this odd aura is, nor would we be able to tell anything further without transforming?
>"Well, I certainly appreciate the offer."

>Basically, yes. With more concentration, you might be able to glean something more in the way of detail from the siblings, but with so many people around, someone's bound to notice you trying.
>"That's what we do. Fight evil, protect our boss, have fun along the way, and not always in that order." Koryu says with that lazy grin of his, and gives his sister a quick kiss on the cheek to emphasize his last point.
>"Okay, you've delivered your message." Nitori calls out to Koryu as his sister squirms under his gruff affection. "Now get back here, so I can get that tie off you."
>The braided man chuckles an almost evil chuckle. "Better tile-shufflers than you've tried, girlie. But my sister here'd spend the whole time beating me over the head that we've got work do to."
>"He does have a point." Kohaku tosses over her shoulder. "We really should be getting back to Reimu-sama. But, I should mention, that if any of you don't feel safe here, after those events earlier today, then please tell us now. We can arrange for increased security quickly."

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2015, 05:50:14 AM »
>Just nod silently. Hard to explain why we think that's unnecessary without also explaining why we'd know that without having been here.

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2015, 06:59:15 AM »
>Just nod silently. Hard to explain why we think that's unnecessary without also explaining why we'd know that without having been here.

>"I think we're all fine." Letty says, quietly confidant. Nitori nods solemnly, as does Minoriko. None of the three women say anything else on the matter, but as someone who's lived with them, you can plainly feel the sense of solidarity between them, the comfort and strength that they draw from each other. And yourself, Rin and Reisen, of course. It makes you feel honored to be a part of.
>Kohaku smiles when she looks between your faces. "I understand."
>"All right, then, we'd best be going." Koryu says as he removes his arm from around his sister's shoulders.
>"Thank you for staying, for telling me." Reisen says, starting to bow to the siblings, but Koryu holds his hand up when she starts.
>"None of that. I get enough of that as it is." he says gruffly. "You already thanked me, you don't need to bow as well."
>"Pardon my brother." Kohaku says to Reisen as Koryu walks past you. "He has his opinions, but he doesn't mean anything bad by it." With a slight sigh, she adds, "Most of the time."
>"It's all right. It's just, well, people don't often tell me NOT to bow."
>"Yeah. I think that's why he does it with... people in your circumstance." Reisen gives the male sibling a look of surprise, and the lazy, arrogant smile on his face doesn't seem quite as cocky when it is colored by the sympathy in his eyes that he offers her. Then he is gone, and his sister bids you all a good day, and follows after him.

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2015, 07:26:31 AM »
>Pause a moment, then ask our other neighbours in the room: "How's everyone holding up? Considering what happened this morning?"

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »
>Pause a moment, then ask our other neighbours in the room: "How's everyone holding up? Considering what happened this morning?"

>"Not bad, really." Letty reasserts. "Obviously we were all a bit shaken, but I think we're all past it now."
>"Kohaku and Koryu helped as well." Minoriko adds. "Of course we don't understand exactly what happened, but we're not as worried about it as we were. What we are, though, is still worried about Patchouli. And Sanae, too."
>"But since we can't do anything about that right now, I gotta know, how the devil'd you know what happened?" says Nitori as she pulls her fingerless gloves back on. "You and Rin dropped off the radar earlier."
>"You don't think they asked Reisen?" Letty remarks.
>The kappa ponders that for a moment, then admits, "Okay I didn't think of that. Sorry."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:33:10 AM by Sourfang »

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »
>"It's quite alright."
>Take a deep breath
>"But there is something I believe I should share with you, in light of what's happened today. Can I trust the three of you to keep something in the utmost confidence?"

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2015, 08:41:38 AM »
>"It's quite alright."
>Take a deep breath
>"But there is something I believe I should share with you, in light of what's happened today. Can I trust the three of you to keep something in the utmost confidence?"

>"You know you can trust us, Byakuren." Letty says quickly.

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2015, 02:33:40 PM »
>"Yes, I know, but this is more... significant than most confidences. I need each of your promises that you won't repeat this to anyone else."

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2015, 01:09:17 AM »
>"Yes, I know, but this is more... significant than most confidences. I need each of your promises that you won't repeat this to anyone else."

>Letty and Minoriko exchange a glance. "If it's that important, Byakuren, you know we won't say anything." Minoriko says, and Letty agrees with a solemn nod.
>"Did something happen while you three were out?" Nitori asks. "Since you're asking us, and not Rin or Reisen."

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2015, 01:21:37 AM »
>"In a manner of speaking."
>Give Nitori a moment to give some explicit sign of acquiescence.

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 03:42:18 AM »
>"In a manner of speaking."
>Give Nitori a moment to give some explicit sign of acquiescence.

>"Okay fine, if it means that much to you, then I promise, too."

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2015, 03:59:45 AM »
>Nod
>"Thank you."
>Take another deep breath
>"One of the women who was here this morning - the one on the blue floating disc - that was... me."

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2015, 04:26:44 AM »
>Nod
>"Thank you."
>Take another deep breath
>"One of the women who was here this morning - the one on the blue floating disc - that was... me."

>"You?" Minoriko gasps.
>"How's that possible?" Nitori says. "Patchy's the mage, not you."

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2015, 04:38:49 AM »
>"It's true that I'm no magician, but nonetheless, that was me. And Rin was there beside me as well. That is where the two of us disappeared this morning; we went to intercept Elis - the winged woman who empowered Sanae - before she could reach our apartments. That... did not go exactly as planned...."

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2015, 04:58:19 AM »
>"It's true that I'm no magician, but nonetheless, that was me. And Rin was there beside me as well. That is where the two of us disappeared this morning; we went to intercept Elis - the winged woman who empowered Sanae - before she could reach our apartments. That... did not go exactly as planned...."

>"Whoa whoa, back up there, Byakuren." Nitori says, waving her extended hand. "Don't get ahead of us here, you're not making sense yet."

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2015, 05:03:01 AM »
>"Sorry, sorry. I know it's probably rather hard to believe. I can demonstrate, if you'd like."

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2015, 05:54:29 AM »
>"Sorry, sorry. I know it's probably rather hard to believe. I can demonstrate, if you'd like."

>"She's telling the truth." Rin asserts, coming up to stand beside you.
>Letty rubs the back of her head uncertainly. "Well, it's not that we don't believe her, but, well, you have to admit, it's quite a claim."
>"Especially since none of us recognized you, either of you." Minoriko says with a nod.

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2015, 06:01:06 AM »
>"One side-effect of this power seems to be hiding one's identity from others. At least most of the time. Only twice have I seen someone see through it without foreknowledge."
>"But here, this probably would be simpler if I just demonstrated."
>Let's transform. Nothing like a visual aid to dispel doubt.

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »
>"One side-effect of this power seems to be hiding one's identity from others. At least most of the time. Only twice have I seen someone see through it without foreknowledge."
>"But here, this probably would be simpler if I just demonstrated."
>Let's transform. Nothing like a visual aid to dispel doubt.

>With a measured invocation of, "Lotus Purity Ascent.", you transform into your magical girl form.
>"Norda's tears." Nitori swears, sitting down heavily.
>"By the cold." Letty whispers, an old yuki-onna saying you've learned. "It really was you."
>Minoriko, one hand raised to her mouth, gapes. "How?"

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2015, 06:42:44 AM »
>Do we know what a Nordra is, and why is it crying?
>"This power was... bequeathed to me by a being from outside our world so that I might help defend the people of this one. You remember that 'gas leak' we had a little while ago at school? That was no gas leak, but rather a deliberate attack on the people there - one that I was able to fend off because of this power. And there have been others since - some you yourself may have been aware of."

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2015, 06:54:52 AM »
>Do we know what a Nordra is, and why is it crying?
>"This power was... bequeathed to me by a being from outside our world so that I might help defend the people of this one. You remember that 'gas leak' we had a little while ago at school? That was no gas leak, but rather a deliberate attack on the people there - one that I was able to fend off because of this power. And there have been others since - some you yourself may have been aware of."

>You suspect it may be a deity or some kind of spirit sacred to the Kappa, but Nitori's never explained it before. She doesn't use that expression very often.
>"But why you?" Minoriko asks.

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2015, 07:07:58 AM »
>"I was told that I was uncommonly compatible with this power. Perhaps I also happened to be in the right place at the right time - someone nearby enough to make a difference. But the power I wield draws its strength from... well, you may find this terribly corny, but... love. Love for those I call friend, for those I would protect, perhaps even for those I must fight against. It is not the kind of magic one can study in books, but strength of the heart."