Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3  (Read 63285 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 3
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 02:25:47 AM »
>"As a general rule, no. Satori did sense when I used my telepathy, and I managed to communicate an image to her in a same way, but I think that had more to do with her own mind-reading abilities than the telepathy itself. When I experimented earlier, I couldn't properly reach someone if they weren't wearing their ring."

>"Could you tell that they weren't wearing their ring at the time? I mean, if I was in the next apartment over and wasn't wearing my ring, would you be able to sense if I wasn't?"

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 02:46:10 AM »
>Could we actually tell this when we experimented with Rin, aside from simply not reaching her?

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 03:59:33 AM »
>Could we actually tell this when we experimented with Rin, aside from simply not reaching her?

>Not with your extra senses. You could see Rin, and yourself, not wearing your rings at the time, but you never received any kind of psychic sensation of a break in communication. That could have been a consequence of simple proximity, or a fact of the nature of your communication line, you're not sure.

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »
>"I couldn't. Well, I mean I could see that she wasn't wearing it, since we were in the same room, but I didn't get any mental response that would make it obvious she didn't hear me."

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 06:16:22 AM »
>"I couldn't. Well, I mean I could see that she wasn't wearing it, since we were in the same room, but I didn't get any mental response that would make it obvious she didn't hear me."

>"Maybe that's something we could explore eventually." Reisen suggests.
>"Hold on a sec." Rin interrupts, titling her head to the side and twitching her ears. She leans her head towards the door for a moment before she asks Reisen, "Were you and Patchy expectin' someone today?"
>"I don't think so, why?"
>"Because I think I just heard someone knockin' on your door."
>"Any idea who?" Rin shakes her head no. "Well, leave them be for now. For all I know, it's one of Madame's servants already come looking for me."

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 06:23:55 AM »
>"Well, you're not her property, so it's immaterial if she finds you - she has no hold over you anymore and she'd best get used to it."
>Can we stick our neck out the window to have a look at who might be at her door? Or at least, who might be there after they give up and walk away? If so, do so.

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »
>Can we stick our neck out the window to have a look at who might be at her door? Or at least, who might be there after they give up and walk away? If so, do so.

>No. You have no window in the front of your apartment.

>"Well, you're not her property, so it's immaterial if she finds you - she has no hold over you anymore and she'd best get used to it."

>"I'm just not looking for any trouble from her, at least not now. But I also know her well enough to know that she has a vindictive streak. Maybe she doesn't know that you're the one that has me, but I suspect she'll start her search for me here. And maybe her daughter, but at this point, I'm honestly not as sure about that part."

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 11:09:33 PM »
>"Vindictive or not, she isn't getting you back; you can rest easy in that."

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »
>"Vindictive or not, she isn't getting you back; you can rest easy in that."

>Reisen offers you a smile. "Thanks. I was just hoping to have at least an hour between conflicts."

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »
>"That makes two of us! So many crises to juggle these days; downtime is important, where it can be found."

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »
>"That makes two of us! So many crises to juggle these days; downtime is important, where it can be found."

>Reisen looks at Rin, currently pulling a trio of apples out of the fridge, and grins. "For any number of reasons." she says in a voice that Marissa herself would be proud of.

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 11:46:42 PM »
>Let's relax, have a snack, and wait for others' company to clear out

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 12:51:44 AM »
>Let's relax, have a snack, and wait for others' company to clear out

>Rin presents you with the piece of fruit and sits herself down on the floor next to you. But the relaxation of you and your two friends doesn't last all that long before there comes a knock upon your door.

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 01:02:22 AM »
>Well, let's go answer it

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:10 AM »
>Well, let's go answer it

>Awaiting you on the other side of your door is not anyone attached to Madame Knowledge, but in fact, Minoriko, a mixture of concern and relief upon her face. "It IS you. I didn't know who that bike out there belonged to."

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2015, 01:35:24 AM »
>"It's Reisen's, actually. How are you?"

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 01:43:03 AM »
>"It's Reisen's, actually. How are you?"

>"Reisen's home now?" she asks, confused. "But there was no answer at Patchouli's. Is she okay?"

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2015, 03:36:14 AM »
>"She's fine, don't worry."

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2015, 04:20:04 AM »
>"She's fine, don't worry."

>Minoriko starts to ask something else, but pauses, seeming to collect her thoughts. "We were worried about her. We thought she'd gone off to try and find Patchouli. We didn't know when she'd be back."

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:34 AM »
>"Patchouli is-"
>Let out a deep breath
>"Is Koryu gone now?"

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »
>"Patchouli is-"
>Let out a deep breath
>"Is Koryu gone now?"

>Minoriko shakes her head. "No. He and his sister are still here, in my room, actually. They had something they needed to talk to Reisen about, something Reimu wanted them to tell her in person, apparently."

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
>To Reisen: Are you up for that?

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 09:30:11 PM »
>To Reisen: Are you up for that?

>There's no point putting it off. If it's good news, great, if it's bad, best to get it over with.

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 10:26:18 PM »
>Fair enough.
>Let's see what this is about. Unless someone says it's private, of course.

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 02:48:18 AM »
>Fair enough.
>Let's see what this is about. Unless someone says it's private, of course.

>As Rin and Reisen come to their feet behind you, Minoriko asks you, "We haven't seen you or Rin, either. Do you... know what's happened here?"

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 03:02:17 AM »
>Nod slowly
>"Yes."

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
>Nod slowly
>"Yes."

>"We had wondered. Oh, Reisen!" the blonde cries as Reisen comes into view.
>"Hey, Minoriko."
>"We've all been worried about you." Minoriko says as Reisen walks up to stand in front of her. Minoriko gives the tall rabbit a comforting hug, to Reisen's visible surprise.
>"Uh, sorry. But I got a little... swept up."
>"It's all right, as long as you're home and safe." Minoriko replies, smiling gently at Reisen.

>"I don't suppose Koryu mentioned what he wanted to talk about?" Reisen asks her as the four of you step outside again.
>"Not specifically. But I think it's good news."
>"What makes you think that?"
>"He's very honest with his emotions. If it was bad news, I think we would have seen some sign of it."
>"Well, I hope you're right."
>"Trust me, Reisen." Minoriko says sincerely, laying a comforting hand on Reisen's shoulder as she opens her door for her.

>As she does, you hear Nitori bellow from within, "Ah man, how'd you do that?! I had you!"
>To which  a young man replies with a cluck of his tongue. "Takes more than that to get my tie off."
>An odd reply, but its meaning becomes a bit clearer as you take in the view of the happenings within. Seated around Minoriko's table, mahjhong tablets arrayed in front of them, are Letty, Kohaku, Nitori and Koryu. And none are fully dressed anymore. In fact, as you enter, Nitori, visibly grumbling, is in the process of pulling off her gloves. "Both of 'em, right?"
>"That's the rules at this table." the young man replies in a lazy, cocky voice, though the jacket, shoes, socks, shirt and gloves lying next to him indicate that perhaps he has not fared as well as his tone would indicate. Why he kept his tie and not his shirt is anyone's guess. Judging by the amount of clothes remaining on the four players, Kohaku appears to be winning at the moment.

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »
>How badly are the others losing?
>Let's let them say their piece

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »
>How badly are the others losing?
>Let's let them say their piece

>Letty appears to have lost her hat, socks and scarf and is in fairly good shape, while Nitori is now adding her gloves to the jacket, slippers, socks and backpack lying next to her. Kohaku is seated behind the kotatsu from your angle, so you can't tell how may articles she has lost, but she still has her striped cardigan on at least. Koryu is worse off than any, having lost his jacket, his shirt, sunglasses, socks, watch, necklace and belt. His purple tie now rests over his bare chest, giving you ladies a fine view of his muscular torso and the scars upon it, including one rather large vaguely star-shaped scar on his left breast. His is the kind of body that girls would just eat up, but that monster of a scar is just the thing to dampen their appetites.
>Being the one facing the door upon your arrival, Kohaku is the first to notice your entry. She gives you a polite nod and greetings.
>Nitori, being Nitori, is a bit less polite when she turns to look at you. "Where in the freezing depths have you been?!" she almost roars.

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »
>"It's, um, something of a long story. I can explain later. I heard Kohaku and Koryu were looking for Reisen?"