Author Topic: Remilia Quest Tr?  (Read 43267 times)

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Re: Remilia Quest Tr?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »
"She's tough ,but shewill fall to the boil like the rest!".Who will uncover this semi-obscure,and adapted,reference?

>To Ami and Hari:"Her dexterityand defenses are impressive but her mobility is now cut and the barrier is vulnerable to aerial attacks. At this pace she'll soon be worn out and outmaneuvered,which should grant you another opportunity".
>To Vampire Hunter Sakuya:"They're not minions.They're friends and acquaintances recently met ,who are giving me and my household an helping hand.I've not intervened personally because my intention is not to wound you,not more than ncessary to put an end to this pointless struggle if you do not wish to surrender.Moreover you're,after all, close to me ,in a sense, though you'll understand why only after this issue is resolved".
>While saying that, keep your guard up for dodging and countering  and observe H. Sakuya's condition along with her body language for any change.
> Have Sei's danmaku further damaged H. Sakuya's legs and thus her mobility or have they struck another part of her?
>Is there any lingering aura left from our assault that can be of some use?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:02:16 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2013, 03:47:08 AM »
> Have Sei's danmaku further damaged H. Sakuya's legs and thus her mobility or have they struck another part of her?
>Is there any lingering aura left from our assault that can be of some use?

>Sei's danmaku barely touched the hunter, and the places it grazed were along her torso, front and back.
>You still have a nodule of scarlet energy about 5 feet behind the hunter and to her right, and one 6 feet behind her and to her left.

>To Ami and Hari:"Her dexterityand defenses are impressive but her mobility is now cut and the barrier is vulnerable to aerial attacks. At this pace she'll soon be worn out and outmaneuvered,which should grant you another opportunity".
>To Vampire Hunter Sakuya:"They're not minions.They're friends and acquaintances recently met ,who are giving me and my household an helping hand.I've not intervened personally because my intention is not to wound you,not more than ncessary to put an end to this pointless struggle if you do not wish to surrender.Moreover you're,after all, close to me ,in a sense, though you'll understand why only after this issue is resolved".
>While saying that, keep your guard up for dodging and countering  and observe H. Sakuya's condition along with her body language for any change.

>The Hunter merely smirks as you inform your insectile allies of her potential vulnerabilities.
>"I've been called a lot of things by a lot of people in my time, but I think that's the first time a vampire has called me 'close'." H. Sakuya admits. "I'm going to assume it has something to do with that woman back there wearing my face. I'll get to the bottom of that in due time. But surrender?" She snorts, keeping her eyes fixed on you, but you're certain the other three youkai present aren't escaping her attention either. "I must be the first hunter you've ever seen, if you think I'll give up that easily."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »
Well, you guys think we should inform her of the situation now, or later?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Branneg Xy

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »
Well, you guys think we should inform her of the situation now, or later?
Now since she's still a part of Sakuya,who is present.Though, a thorough exposition woul be impractical and maybe counterproductive for both parties.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »
So how should we phrase it then?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »

> To H. Sakuya:"I am no greenhorn vampire,hunter. I am the renowned Scarlet Devil - place an hand upon your chest -,or maybe you've know me as the Eternally Young Scarlet Moon"."You said you've been to Gensokyo before.Have you  ever wondered why in such a cut-off place as Gensokyo a well-established vampire would feel the need to clone a vampire hunter?As you can now see ,and likely saw, there's no shortage of additional willing employees;however,as I said, before these are fresh friends and acquaintances and not my subordinates. And if indeed I was going to clone you,why have you no restrainment whatsoever on you and have retained all your strenght,memories and gear for battle?You should have noticed,by now,that we're standing in a hallway of my mansion and not some sort of experimental laboratory -Pause a moment for letting your arguments sink in- With my power I've cured my dear head maid Sakuya,the one "wearing your face", of an affliction and you are an unexpected result of that treatment, an aspect of her past but an aspect of her nonetheless and a living being. I hope a discussion with her  ,when she comes to,will clear things up even more .Anyhow,seeing that with my power I saw your excessively consuming drive  you will not back down easily or am I wrong?
>Establish a mental link with the nodules to swiftly utilize them.

Seems to me that it flows well and covers most of the points.Proceed,everybody?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2013, 01:47:16 PM »
Works for me. Lemme just do a little tweak here to make it look better, you have a habit of not using the spacebar as often as you should.

> To H. Sakuya: "I am no greenhorn vampire, hunter. I am the renowned Scarlet Devil."
>Place an hand upon our chest "Or maybe you've known me as the 'Eternally Young Scarlet Moon'. You said you've been to Gensokyo before, but have you ever wondered why in such a cut-off place as Gensokyo a well-established vampire would feel the need to clone a vampire hunter? As you can now see , and likely saw, there's no shortage of additional willing employees; however, as I said before, these are fresh friends and acquaintances and not my subordinates. And if indeed I was going to clone you, why have you no restraints whatsoever on you and have retained all your strength, memories and equipment for battle? You should have noticed by now, that we're standing in a hallway of my mansion and not some sort of experimental laboratory."
>Pause a moment for letting the arguments sink in. "With my power I've cured my dear head maid Sakuya, the one 'wearing your face', of an affliction and you are an unexpected result of that treatment, an aspect of her past but an aspect of her nonetheless and a living being. I hope a discussion with her, when she comes to, will clear things up even more. Anyhow, seeing that with my power I saw your excessively consuming drive, you will not back down easily or am I wrong?"
>Establish a mental link with the nodules to be able to swiftly utilize them as needed.

Seems to me that it flows well and covers most of the points.Proceed,everybody?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
Works for me. Lemme just do a little tweak here to make it look better, you have a habit of not using the spacebar as often as you should.
Yes,I should start working on that.It's just  I'm so focused on content,punctuation,words written/time elapsed ratio that I sometimes forgot the form.

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2013, 01:05:08 AM »
> To H. Sakuya: "I am no greenhorn vampire, hunter. I am the renowned Scarlet Devil."
>Place an hand upon our chest "Or maybe you've known me as the 'Eternally Young Scarlet Moon'. You said you've been to Gensokyo before, but have you ever wondered why in such a cut-off place as Gensokyo a well-established vampire would feel the need to clone a vampire hunter? As you can now see , and likely saw, there's no shortage of additional willing employees; however, as I said before, these are fresh friends and acquaintances and not my subordinates. And if indeed I was going to clone you, why have you no restraints whatsoever on you and have retained all your strength, memories and equipment for battle? You should have noticed by now, that we're standing in a hallway of my mansion and not some sort of experimental laboratory."
>Pause a moment for letting the arguments sink in. "With my power I've cured my dear head maid Sakuya, the one 'wearing your face', of an affliction and you are an unexpected result of that treatment, an aspect of her past but an aspect of her nonetheless and a living being. I hope a discussion with her, when she comes to, will clear things up even more. Anyhow, seeing that with my power I saw your excessively consuming drive, you will not back down easily or am I wrong?"
>Establish a mental link with the nodules to be able to swiftly utilize them as needed.

>"Scarlet Devil?" The Hunter snorts out a chuckle. "Were you one her spawn that took her name after she got herself killed? Seventy years is a long time to keep the name of a minor vampire alive. Though if that's the case, I suppose I can respect your devotion."

>To her credit, the Hunter does not interrupt your story as you tell her of how she came to be. That's somewhat impressive for a hunter. You've known of some who wouldn't let a vampire speak more than a few syllables before attacking or fleeing. Still, you have the distinct impression that she may not believe you when you tell her that she is merely an unexpected side effect of returning the real Sakuya to normal.
>After you finish talking, she confirms this. "Do you really expect me to believe that? That I'm just some kind of... 'misplaced potential?'." She folds her arms across her chest. "Come on. You must realize how ridiculous that sounds. Even in Gensokyo, that's pretty farfetched."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
>"Nothing is too far-fetched when dealing with the very threads of fate themselves."
>Are we capable of allowing another to come along on a fate-viewing? At least in the observer sort of manner that is.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »
>Perhaps we could try by making Vampire Hunter Sakuya come in proximity,to the extent of touching, with our Sakuya and that's were our "special touch"come into the picture.
> A figment of fate becoming witness to the main line,if we allow the connection to be established....We should try our luck,unless we have had "unsavory" precedents of it or something along those lines?

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2013, 04:29:06 AM »
>Perhaps we could try by making Vampire Hunter Sakuya come in proximity,to the extent of touching, with our Sakuya and that's were our "special touch"come into the picture.
> A figment of fate becoming witness to the main line,if we allow the connection to be established....We should try our luck,unless we have had "unsavory" precedents of it or something along those lines?

>Clarify, please.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2013, 04:51:47 PM »
>H.Sakuya,"figment of fate",would approach and hold hand with our Sakuya,"main line of fate".
>We touch the real Sakuya's hand,read her fate and channel its vision bby reaching out to the potential Sakuya. 
>Any deep unpleasantries,assuming we tried it before?
>What's this about spawns and demise?

Broadband had a problem...

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2013, 06:13:12 AM »
>"Nothing is too far-fetched when dealing with the very threads of fate themselves."

>"Oh yeah, the Scarlet Devil was supposed to be some kind of fate-spinner." She looks at Sei. "Does she think she has the Scarlet Devil's powers, too?"
>"She IS the Scarlet Devil." Sei counters. "Just not the one that you're aware of. She's the Scarlet Devil of this timeline, of this Gensokyo."
>"Which I've somehow been transported to, right." the hunter deadpans, more a statement than a question. You smirk slightly, despite yourself. The way she said that, you'd swear she was the real deal.
>"Is it really so hard to believe? You've been to Gensokyo before, at least the Gensokyo of your timeline. And you've fought vampires before, you've seen the magical side of the world. Can you honestly say you can't imagine something like this happening?"
>The cloaked woman shakes her head. "In that case, no. I can even accept the possibility that me being here was an accident. But what I can't accept is that there's a vampire twenty one feet away from me who doesn't want my blood, my head or my servitude."

>Are we capable of allowing another to come along on a fate-viewing? At least in the observer sort of manner that is.
>H.Sakuya,"figment of fate",would approach and hold hand with our Sakuya,"main line of fate".
>We touch the real Sakuya's hand,read her fate and channel its vision bby reaching out to the potential Sakuya. 
>Any deep unpleasantries,assuming we tried it before?
>What's this about spawns and demise?

>In all the years you've been examining people's fates, you've never actually brought anyone along 'for the ride', as it were. Any time there have been people present, you've simply performed your reading and informed them of the results. At least as much as you felt they needed to know.
>That said, however, you can't see why you COULDN'T do it. Both parties would probably have to be willing, but you imagine you could do it if you really wanted.
>But it wouldn't be without risk. Allowing a third party to view someone's fate, while denying them access to it, without denying yourself access to it... The process there would probably be quite difficult. Setting aside your ego for a moment, you admit that this might not the best time for experimentation. If the Hunter saw the real Sakuya's fate, and decided she wanted to try and change it herself, the results could be catastrophic, not only for both of them, but possibly for yourself, as well. You are certain that, given enough time, enough thought, you could come witha  way to do this safely.
>Although... If all you were doing was LOOKING. If you yourself forbade you the ability to influence someone's fate, then that would also protect the person you're watching from your 'passenger'. It wouldn't be incredibly hard, either. A sort of 'wall' between yourself, your passenger and the person who's fate you are looking at would be all that was required, and that's certainly within your power. Well, perhaps 'window' would be more accurate in this case, but a very thick window. It would limit your ability to see someone's fate as freely as you might normally, but it would also ensure the safety of all parties involved.

>Plus there's the fact that both you, and the Hunter, would be putting yourselves in vulernable positions to the other. From what you felt of this false Sakuya, you're not sure that's a risk you want to take without being sure the results would be worth it. And you're almost positive that she won't lower her guard in proximity to you. She may not be attacking at present, and is even being rather reasonable with Sei, in your estimation, but what you felt from her before she popped out of Sakuya's Sea of Never Was shows that there's a part of her that is anything but reasonable.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »

>Although... If all you were doing was LOOKING. If you yourself forbade you the ability to influence someone's fate, then that would also protect the person you're watching from your 'passenger'. It wouldn't be incredibly hard, either. A sort of 'wall' between yourself, your passenger and the person who's fate you are looking at would be all that was required, and that's certainly within your power. Well, perhaps 'window' would be more accurate in this case, but a very thick window. It would limit your ability to see someone's fate as freely as you might normally, but it would also ensure the safety of all parties involved.
>A safe and useful course of action for the three parties involved.
>Make this proposition to the Hunter.

>Plus there's the fact that both you, and the Hunter, would be putting yourselves in vulernable positions to the other. From what you felt of this false Sakuya, you're not sure that's a risk you want to take without being sure the results would be worth it. And you're almost positive that she won't lower her guard in proximity to you. She may not be attacking at present, and is even being rather reasonable with Sei, in your estimation, but what you felt from her before she popped out of Sakuya's Sea of Never Was shows that there's a part of her that is anything but reasonable.
>Let's be wise and preparared to avoid this scenario.
>Inform H. Sakuya,in case she accepts,that she will be closely watched by Sei,Amitsu and Haridoku, who will intervene in case of reckless actions on her part .We,ourself,have set our own precaution but decide not to reveal them.
>Remark that we're acting this way because when we stumbled upon her as a potential ,as we read the real Sakuya's fate, we saw aspect of her possesessing an abnormal drive to extinguish our kind, justified in a number of cases but not most,
>Attune ourself to the nodule of energies in preparation of turning the closest to us as an improptu shield for us and the one closest to the other Sakuya as a stream to blast her away,should the need arises.

« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
>How, exactly, do you wish to phrase this dialogue?

To make it clear, I'm asking you to put it in your own words. 'Inform' commands are all well and good now and then, but in this case, considering the gravity of the situation, I'd like to see your handling of Remilia's dialogue, rather than putting it in the parser's hands.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2013, 02:17:03 AM »
Alright,now that the connection problems plaguingo this unit have finally been resolved,I can write freely(and hugely  :o)
>Attune ourself to the nodule of energies in preparation of turning the closest to us as an improptu shield for us and the one closest to the other Sakuya as a stream to blast her away,should the need arises.
>"All I wish for is that my head maid and friend Sakuya pulls through the nasty repercussions of a recent ordeal she has faced,which as you can see has left her unconscious."
>"By manipulating the very threads of fate I suceeded not only in doing so but also assisted her in overcomig that same ordeal and yet fate still holds some secrets even to me to this day."
>"I admit I was both intrigued and worried by your sudden appearance,but now what presses me more is to resolve this issue with no more harm than necessary but it can't be done with your co-operation."
>Brief pause.
>Gesture towards the real Sakuya.
>"To prove my good faith I will allow you to look at the real Sakuya's fate making you realize from what kind of person you have originated,what kind of relationships she has,what kind of existence you are and how you came to be."
>"Do remember that we'll only be looking as observers at a line of fate."
>To do so,we three will be needing to be in very close proximity with one another."
>"Keep in mind ,though.that the Scarlet Devil is no fool and you will be closely watched by Sei,Amitsu and Haridoku, who will intervene in case of any sort of reckless actions on your part .I've already set up a number of precautions myself to stave off a potentially grim scenario."
>"I'm not acting this way based on mistrust but based on what I saw and felt about your fate and disposition."
>"What I discovered was you possesessing an abnormally consuming drive,perphaps unaware to yo perphaps not, which threathens to consume you whole."
>"It might have been justified in some,and I underline "some", of your "missions" in your past timeline but present state of affairs hardly justifies it."
>Another brief pause.
>Extend an open hand towards her.
>"The best course of actions I can picture would be for me,as the master of this mansion, to extend an invite to you as a guest in order to let you familiarize with this new world you've been brought to until Sakuya recovers and you can have an heart-to-heart talk with her."
>"In the meantime I'm sure my best friend Patchouli would eagerly answer your questions and direct you to any book in the Voile Library  which might catch your interest while Sei would keep you company as she herself is here to satify her thirst for knowledge."

Right now it really does seem our best bet would be to get  Hunter Sakuya as a guest.The dialogue is, as usual, open for potential improvements.
In hindsight this is a long-winded speech but do not fret over trimming it if you feel capable.Mind that its purpose to cover "all"contingencies. Anyhow,I can now also picture other possible approaches to the situation in case anyone got inspiration .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:34:10 AM by Branneg Xy »

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
Right now it really does seem our best bet would be to get  Hunter Sakuya as a guest.The dialogue is, as usual, open for potential improvements.
In hindsight this is a long-winded speech but do not fret over trimming it if you feel capable.Mind that its purpose to cover "all"contingencies. Anyhow,I can now also picture other possible approaches to the situation in case anyone got inspiration .

Long-winded speeches have been pretty par for the course so far. :P And they're hardly out of character for Remilia, anyway.

>"All I wish for is that my head maid and friend Sakuya pulls through the nasty repercussions of a recent ordeal she has faced, which as you can see has left her unconscious. By manipulating the very threads of fate I suceeded not only in doing so but also assisted her in overcomig that same ordeal and yet fate still holds some secrets even to me to this day."
>"I admit I was both intrigued and worried by your sudden appearance,but now what presses me more is to resolve this issue with no more harm than necessary but it can't be done without your co-operation."
>Brief pause.
>Gesture towards the real Sakuya.

>The hunter is currently not standing at an angle at which to see into Sakuya's room, though you think you've made the point regardless. (Strictly speaking, you can't see her from where you are, either, as the door is partially closed. You CAN see part of Meiling, but no sign of Sakuya.)
>"So her name's Sakuya." the hunter grunts. "Not a bad name, I have to admit."
>"Isn't that your name as well?" Amitsu asks her cautiously.
>The other Sakuya shakes her head. "I'm between names, at the moment. The name I've been using for the past decade was getting too well known, so I had to leave it behind. For a while, at least."
>"So how may we address you?" Sei asks.
>The hunter pauses, then replies, "Dio."
>"An unusual name."
>"I borrowed it from my father."

>"To prove my good faith I will allow you to look at the real Sakuya's fate making you realize from what kind of person you have originated, what kind of relationships she has, what kind of existence you are and how you came to be. Do remember that we'll only be looking as observers at a line of fate. To do so, we three will be needing to be in very close proximity with one another."
>"Keep in mind, though. that the Scarlet Devil is no fool and you will be closely watched by Sei, Amitsu and Haridoku, who will intervene in case of any sort of reckless actions on your part .I've already set up a number of precautions myself to stave off a potentially grim scenario."
>"I'm not acting this way based on mistrust but based on what I saw and felt about your fate and disposition. What I discovered was you possesessing an abnormally consuming drive,perphaps unaware to yo perphaps not, which threathens to consume you whole. It might have been justified in some, and I underline "some", of your "missions" in your past timeline but present state of affairs hardly justifies it."

>"Dio is no fool, either." the hunter says grimly. "You'll kill me the first chance you get, and so will I. So let's dispense with trying to fool the other, shall we? I trust you no further than I could throw Mount Fuji, and you'd be a fool to trust me any more than that." Sei starts to say something, but the hunter cuts her off. "If you've really seen my... 'fate', then you know what I am capable of."

>Another brief pause.
>Extend an open hand towards her.
>"The best course of actions I can picture would be for me, as the master of this mansion, to extend an invite to you as a guest in order to let you familiarize with this new world you've been brought to until Sakuya recovers and you can have an heart-to-heart talk with her."
>"In the meantime I'm sure my best friend Patchouli would eagerly answer your questions and direct you to any book in the Voile Library which might catch your interest while Sei would keep you company as she herself is here to satify her thirst for knowledge."

>The hunter who calls herself Dio cracks a grin, and you think you hear her stifle a laugh. "I'll give you this, Scarlet Devil, or whatever you want to call yourself. You carry yourself a bit differently than the last few vampires I've confronted."
>"Is that not proof of her intentions?" Amitsu asks her.
>The hunter's grin darkens ever so slightly. "Not after you've lived as long as I. Only blood and blades are truth in the Night."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »
>Sigh slightly. "I had expected you to be...'stubborn', even though what you have just heard is the truth. Then again, you are a 'Sakuya That Never Was' in this timeline, so I should expect the unexpected. But I do wonder if there is a way to somehow return you to your timeline. After all, who knows what sort of repercussions your presence in this timeline could have. I suppose if Sakuya were awake, she might know."
>Did we ever know of anyone by that name though? Perhaps that person had a different fate in this timeline.
>Pause thoughtfully. "It's quite interesting really, all this. You branched outside the Time Control power, and looked into other means of fighting. The other Sakuya that could have appeared was a Vampire, and was likely going to be quite troublesome. But the 'Root Sakuya', the original for this line, stuck to the basics. As well as picked up some rather useful life skills like baking. She's quite good at that you know, her cooking talents are most likely among the best in Gensokyo. Especially when it comes to tea and sweets. It's a rather quiet life with her around really, save for the occasional unexpected occurrence, such as when she was possessed by the Sin Spirit of Pride, and attempted to absorb it to claim the power for her own, at the cost of her current self."
>Sigh once more. "That was quite a production really, separating those two once more. That's how you came to be in this timeline you know, my efforts in saving her from herself had the unforeseen effect of dredging up two Potentials from her past. One of which was you."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2013, 04:46:26 AM »
>Did we ever know of anyone by that name though? Perhaps that person had a different fate in this timeline.

>Dio's not an overly common name, but no one figure from your past with that name immediately jumps out at you.
>Although... There WAS a stained glass maker back in the 19th century whom you were acquainted with who may have gone by that name. Though that individual was a woman. And a tough negociator, as well.

>Sigh slightly. "I had expected you to be...'stubborn', even though what you have just heard is the truth. Then again, you are a 'Sakuya That Never Was' in this timeline, so I should expect the unexpected. But I do wonder if there is a way to somehow return you to your timeline. After all, who knows what sort of repercussions your presence in this timeline could have. I suppose if Sakuya were awake, she might know."
>Pause thoughtfully. "It's quite interesting really, all this. You branched outside the Time Control power, and looked into other means of fighting. The other Sakuya that could have appeared was a Vampire, and was likely going to be quite troublesome. But the 'Root Sakuya', the original for this line, stuck to the basics. As well as picked up some rather useful life skills like baking. She's quite good at that you know, her cooking talents are most likely among the best in Gensokyo. Especially when it comes to tea and sweets. It's a rather quiet life with her around really, save for the occasional unexpected occurrence, such as when she was possessed by the Sin Spirit of Pride, and attempted to absorb it to claim the power for her own, at the cost of her current self."
>Sigh once more. "That was quite a production really, separating those two once more. That's how you came to be in this timeline you know, my efforts in saving her from herself had the unforeseen effect of dredging up two Potentials from her past. One of which was you."

>"Fascinating." Dio remarks dryly as she unfolds her arms. This causes you to sharpen your attention again, as her hands are now free. For the moment, at least, she doesn't reach for any weapons or start signing a jutsu, but that could change in a heartbeat.
>"It seems that I have a choice, then, if I want to get back to my own reality. Either I can believe that you mean me no harm, that you mean no harm to anyone else, that you're some kind of 'good' vampire. Or I can kill you and find my own way back."
>"Or die trying." Haridoku growls.
>Dio merely grins, a humorless, bitter gesture. "That choice, I make every day I haven't been killed yet. Fighting a vampire and her youkai cohorts to try and save a girl from that vampire's service? I can think of worse ways to die."

Branneg Xy

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »
Long-winded speeches have been pretty par for the course so far. :P And they're hardly out of character for Remilia, anyway.

It was more explanation-wise for others rather than character-wise  :P as,like Hanzo noticed,I tend to focus too much on detailing the content neglecting the form .I'm trying to correct and warn of this habit of mine.
On another note,sadly,my home connection still has "hiccups"  :matsuriscowl: which I'm trying to cure.My efforts are detracting from my time surfing the web.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:32:53 AM by Branneg Xy »

Branneg Xy

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2013, 02:33:09 AM »
Okay,enough stalling!Back into the game!    :flamingv:

>Eye Dio carefully."I see you're finally opening up to more acceptable proposals lest the current situation become too disavantageous for you and too unpleasant for us ."
>"After all we need to spare our effortsi n finding a way to return you to your timeline so you ,as well as us,can all resume attending to their own affairs ."
>"As for what I'm talking about,remember my earlier reference to the Sin Spirit of Pride?Out of the seven there's still the pending matter of two more who needs to be "re-educated" and returned to their Keeper."
>"Of course there are other friends and acquaintances who are currently assisting by looking into this matter... "
>"But  since we were told that Wrath and Greed,along with Pride,would have been the most troublesome of the cadre in Gensokyo,it's better to err on the side of caution than to regret the losses afterwards."
>"Now for the issue at hand...."
>Gesture towards the door behind Dio."For now we should probaly start by picking up clues while watching the fate that was the conduit for your arrival here,Sakuya's."
>"Last but not least,I do believe that in your first appearance you treated Meiling,my martial artist gatekeeper,quite roughly seeing as she's not joined the fray."
>"In fact it's about time we ascertain both Sakuya and Meiling's condition and eventually tend to them."
>Wait for Dio's answer but don't drop our guard.

Mmm,at this point we might be able to recruit Dio-Sakuya  :o  into the incident resolvers as I don't think we'll find a quick way-back for her and I don't see her as the kind  of person that is willing to pass her time at the Mansion assisting Patchouli in her eventual research for a solution,or simply patiently waiting and exploring the premises.

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »
>Eye Dio carefully."I see you're finally opening up to more acceptable proposals lest the current situation become too disavantageous for you and too unpleasant for us ."
>"After all we need to spare our effortsi n finding a way to return you to your timeline so you ,as well as us,can all resume attending to their own affairs ."
>"As for what I'm talking about,remember my earlier reference to the Sin Spirit of Pride?Out of the seven there's still the pending matter of two more who needs to be "re-educated" and returned to their Keeper."
>"Of course there are other friends and acquaintances who are currently assisting by looking into this matter... "
>"But  since we were told that Wrath and Greed,along with Pride,would have been the most troublesome of the cadre in Gensokyo,it's better to err on the side of caution than to regret the losses afterwards."
>"Now for the issue at hand...."
>Gesture towards the door behind Dio."For now we should probaly start by picking up clues while watching the fate that was the conduit for your arrival here,Sakuya's."
>"Last but not least,I do believe that in your first appearance you treated Meiling,my martial artist gatekeeper,quite roughly seeing as she's not joined the fray."
>"In fact it's about time we ascertain both Sakuya and Meiling's condition and eventually tend to them."
>Wait for Dio's answer but don't drop our guard.

>"It seems you misunderstood me." the hunter says smoothly. "Either that, or you're about the second most optimistic vampire that ever stalked the world."
>"There was a first?" Amitsu asks. Which actually draws a brief chuckle from her sister, who still looks mighty tense.
>Dio doesn't seem to mind, at least outwardly, being interrupted, and carries on, "When I mentioned those two 'choices' a second ago, the former really wasn't a choice. Trust is never a choice between a vampire and a hunter, you know that. Only blood oaths hold any sway over your kind. Only blood is the one thing that can be trusted. So far, all you've given me is one of the wildest stories I've ever heard in my entire life."

>"Second choice it is, then." Haridoku intones, and opens her hands, palms up. A stream of wasps flow from her hands, like smoke rising from a flame.
>"Haridoki, stop." Amitsu says very firmly, turning her attention to her angry sister. "This doesn't have to end in violence."
>"It does for her." Dio disagrees, as throwing axe appears in her hand. Though you were well prepared for her to arm herself, the fact that she does not use her weapon at once gives you a slight pause. "I see it in your eyes, wasp-woman. You want to hurt me."
>Through the twin streams of wasps buzzing around her, Haridoku fixes the hunter with a look of pure anger. "You hurt my sister."
>The calm, collected vampire hunter merely nods. "That, I can respect."

Branneg Xy

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
>Sigh."However small a chance there was for a mostly peaceful resolution,I decided to offer it to you.Too bad you decided to throw it away ,even in this kind of situation".
>Look between Haridoku and Dio."I don't mind ,but in order to avoid regrettaable consequences from happening I suggest you two settle this matter by the typical Gensokyo way :a spellcard duel.Oh,and don't be worried for the lack of  required items of our dear "guest,I have an arrangement in mind for that".

Anyone wants to add something?

« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2013, 01:16:21 AM »
>Look between Haridoku and Dio."I don't mind ,but in order to avoid regrettaable consequences from happening I suggest you two settle this matter by the typical Gensokyo way :a spellcard duel.Oh,and don't be worried for the lack of  required items of our dear "guest,I have an arrangement in mind for that".

>Haridoku exchanges a quick look with her sister, then exhales sharply through her nose. "Only because you didn't hurt her worse than you did." she grates to the hunter standing before her. Amitsu, you note, looks quietly relieved.
>"Very well." Dio agrees. "If that will appease your sense of honor and duty."

>Sigh."However small a chance there was for a mostly peaceful resolution,I decided to offer it to you.Too bad you decided to throw it away ,even in this kind of situation".

>"NOW you sound like a vampire." the Hunter says with a cool smirk.

>"Wait just a moment." Sei interrupts, the first words she's said in a little while. "There may still be a way we can convince you of the truth of what we've said."
>"Even if I believed you, it doesn't change anything."
>"Oh, I think it can." Sei replies confidantly. "You see, you just said that the Word of Blood has power in your timeline."
>The hunter nods. "It's the only way to really trust a vampire; when they give their word in blood."
>"Well, that is as true in this timeline as the one you come from." Sei informs her, sheathing her katana. "Meaning that, if Remilia gave her Blood Word that everything she's told you is true, that she hasn't lied to you about how you got here, who she is, and that she has no desire to hurt you, you would believe her?"
>Dio's confidant, collected veneer cracks a bit after a moment's thought, and, with some relief, you note that her grip on the silver-edged axe in her hand is no longer quite as firm as it was a moment ago. She finally says, "I have seen too much to doubt a vampire's word when given in blood. If I see it, then I'll accept it."

Branneg Xy

« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
>What exactly does the "Word of Blood" involve on both ends of the agreement?
>What experiences  have we witnessed about it in more than five hundreds years?

I've got a general idea,nonetheless it is fun  :3 and useful looking into nuances and backstory.
On another note,"Now,you sound like a vampire".... Says the hard-headed and nerve-grating Dio.It also sounds like a compliment to Remilia,a sort of an abrasive on,but still a compliment.

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2013, 03:44:36 AM »
>What exactly does the "Word of Blood" involve on both ends of the agreement?

>Among humans and vampires alike, when a person gives their word, they sometimes cut themselves and spill blood, swearing by their blood to make good on their word. Usually, for humans, this takes the form of vengeance, but it can also be used as part of a bargain, or some other goal, but always, the intent is severe, and sincere. Humans, however, are notoriously fickle beings, and will sometimes break their word even when it's given in blood.
>For a vampire, however, blood is sacred. Blood is life. When a vampire gives their word, and spills their own blood to show their conviction and sincerity, the act is nigh to divine proof that the vampire means what they say. Even the most dishonorable, craven slug of a vampire would hesitate towards breaking an oath sworn in blood.

>What experiences  have we witnessed about it in more than five hundreds years?

>In all your long life, not one vampire you have known personally that gave their word over blood has ever broken it. There was precisely one vampire you knew of that violated a blood oath in your lifetime, an American slave trader by the name of Eight Fingered Richard. The story goes that he promised in blood to return 15 runaway slaves to a plantation owner in southern America, but due to a conflict with an Apache Hunter, he was forced to return to the man in disgrace. When word got out that he had failed to deliver on his sacred oath, a cabal of vampires living in the Boston area tracked him down, and destroyed him for his affront to the honor of the vampire race. America was a brutal country in those years.
>You yourself have never given your word in blood before, but you have been on the receiving end of it. A young russian vampire you knew about 275 years ago, who was still trying to make a name for herself as a winemaker, swore in blood to you that one day she would provide you with the finest wine you had ever tasted. She was very young for a vampire, and you are sure she acted rashly, but she did indeed make good on her word. Six years after she made that oath, she returned to your mansion with a half dozen bottles of red wine. And it was truly the best you had ever tasted. Even now, all these decades later, you can't think of many wines that have bested the young girl's brew. You spare a moment to wonder whatever happened to her.

>Just tonight, you had a request to give your blood word to Yuzuriha, the gatekeeper of the Cobalt Countess, but her offer essentially meant that you would be rendering yourself helpless in an area you didn't know at the time. This was an insult to your pride on top of being an unwise decision at any time, and you were justified in refusing it.
>What Dio and Sei are suggesting, however, is a bit more palatable. All that you would be doing, in this case, would be confirming that everything you've said is true in a way that is beyond anyone's ability to doubt. Only the largest idiot would doubt the blood word of a vampire, and this hunter Dio may be a number of things, but you would not call her an idiot.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

>What Dio and Sei are suggesting, however, is a bit more palatable. All that you would be doing, in this case, would be confirming that everything you've said is true in a way that is beyond anyone's ability to doubt. Only the largest idiot would doubt the blood word of a vampire, and this hunter Dio may be a number of things, but you would not call her an idiot.
There! So let's cast our votes. I could go on myself ,as it's just to prove Remi's good faith, but it's only fair to heed  other players' opinion and intervention.
Oh,I nearly forgot: I'm gonna brush up on the Yuruziha-Remi dialogue,in the meantime.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:45:57 PM by Branneg Xy »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »
Well, the main thing of this is that it's exceedingly binding. So we have to use exact words. After all, Yuzu was pretty much requesting the metaphorical act of ripping out our fangs* and handing them to her. Luckily we were able to get around that by proving our intent with action, and not words.

*In the sense that we would have no way to defend ourselves at all in future dealings, if they eventually decided to get hostile for whatever reason.
Perfectly logical concern given our prior experiences with members of that group.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:54:22 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »
>Look between Dio and Sei,then nod."A well-thought idea to pass over this predicament,Sei".
>"Very well then.I,Remilia Scarlet,give my Word of Blood as a vampire that everything I've told you is true, that encompasses the way you got here, who am I and what I said regarding my powers,the statement about my intention to merely restrain and not harm you ,my offer  to investigate the line of fate and my previous invitation of genuine hospitality directed towards you".
>Step forward and execute the ritual procedure.
>Grin with confidence at the group ."So...Now are we ready to put aside our differences and work out a solution for the current issue?".

Seems a secure course of action to me or am I forgetting something oris the wording unbeffting of the occasion ?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:32:18 PM by Branneg Xy »