Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep.1 - Momiji  (Read 19981 times)

Momiji

• Cya
Ask a Staffer Ep.1 - Momiji
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:13:02 AM »
Hi!  Your resident nerd wolf tengu here.  By the powers of a dark, dangerous, and highly classified source of randomness, I've been picked to start the first of the Ask a Staffer sessions.  So go ahead and ask me any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Momiji kyuu-ando-ei, sutaato!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep.1 - Momiji
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:51 AM »
What's your favourite food as Momiji and as yourself?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:21:08 AM »
What's your favourite food as Momiji and as yourself?
I enjoy a bunch of different kinds of food, so I really don't have one specific thing I like the most.  Although I do like noodles and noodle soups (like real ramen soup).

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »
What types of games do you most enjoy playing?

Drake

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:32:35 AM »
What the fuck is up with your sig.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:34:05 AM »
Would you main Momiji in DotS? If not, who would you play and why?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:27 AM »
What are the circumstances and history behind the foundation and current incarnation of this site? What are some of the major incidents that have shaped the direction of the board and led to the way it is today?

Also, what do you think of Aya?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 08:00:33 AM »
What types of games do you most enjoy playing?
Hard to really say, since I really don't play too many games now.  'Though historically I've played either old-school side scrollers (like from the 8/16-bit eras) or MMOs.  In a former life I was a big Sonic/Sega fan, so I like platformers like that.  I think I was more interested in disassembling my consoles than actually playing on them.

What the fuck is up with your sig.
C.< >.Ɔ

Would you main Momiji in DotS? If not, who would you play and why?
Most probably, yeah.  Except I've never played WCIII at all, so I'd probably be pretty bad  Pretty sad seeing how much I played WoW (and I did play WCII a little bit back in the day).

What are the circumstances and history behind the foundation and current incarnation of this site? What are some of the major incidents that have shaped the direction of the board and led to the way it is today?

Also, what do you think of Aya?
I wasn't around MoTK until late 2009, so I wasn't privy to the earlier years of the site.  But since I did join, I experienced the forum reinstallation early 2010 (and the threads right before that), the April Fool's Revolt, the Snowball Challenges, the rise of the Idiot Hierarchy, and every little thing in between.  Everything that's gone on since I first joined shows how close-knit we are, while disconnected in certain ways at the same time.  It feels like getting used to a new relationship, so personally it's all good to me.

As for Aya, well...  she definitely keeps life interesting.  Which is okay I suppose, just as long as she isn't harassing me.  ^.^

[Edit]  Actually, I think I first came here early 2009, late 2008.  And the forum reinstallation was in 2009.  Geez my timing is screwy.  =/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:50:10 AM by Momiji »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:27 AM »
What got you into Touhou?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:29:33 AM »
What do you think is a good way of integrating yourself in this forums community? How to get to know others better, stop lurking etc. whatever.
On that note: How did you end up where you are in this community?
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:47:36 AM »
What got you into Touhou?
A long-time friend of mine first mentioned it to me years ago, not sure exactly when.  Awhile after that, maybe a year or so later, another friend linked me to IOSYS's infamous Overdrive, and the rest is history.

What do you think is a good way of integrating yourself in this forums community? How to get to know others better, stop lurking etc. whatever.
On that note: How did you end up where you are in this community?
Stay low-key, learn the ways and means of the community, and slowly work your way into it.  I was pretty low-key for a good while until I joined IRC, was spontaneously invited to some podcast early last year (or was it late 2009?), joined up with some people on Skype after that, and that was it.  My integration kinda happened on it's own, and partially by chance.  Over the last year I think chatting on Skype/IRC/etc. really helped me to open up; outside of that sort've thing, just time.

I think I found MoTK via Walfas, if I remember right.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »
Did you ate my homework?

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 02:22:10 PM »
What's up with Reimu in your avatar then?
was spontaneously invited to some podcast early last year (or was it late 2009?)
What podcast is this and can I watch it anywhere?
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »
What got you into cosplay and what keeps you into it?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »
I'm interested in knowing how (and when) you got into being all moemoe and nyuuing like you tend to do?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
How does a wolf become a janitor?

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »
Would you hug me?
I eat squirrels.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
Maple syrup?

y/n

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »
Please try to stick to more serious questions.  This isn't super serious only business stuff, but one line spam questions are more likely to just get ignored.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »
We have a week to ask questions. No harm in getting silly stuff out of the way first before moving on to more serious questions.

Momi, did you like LEGOs as a child (or still do)?

What are the most important books you've ever read in shaping your world view?

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 05:10:17 PM »
Why did you go with the username "Momiji"?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »
We have a week to ask questions. No harm in getting silly stuff out of the way first before moving on to more serious questions.
You're harmful BV

Anyways serious question to Momiji.  I know you're a nerd, what's the nerdiest thing (in your opinion) you're into?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:20:59 PM by ♪ Tesoro Corporation ♫ »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
What kind of music do you like to like to listen to?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 05:50:40 PM »
Not serious question: What is the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?

Serious question: Having grown up in Baltimore, how do you think the city has changed for the better, and how has it declined?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
Do you read manga / watch anime?

If so, what are your favourites?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »
Did you ate my homework?
I burnt it.  X]  You were going to fail anyway.

What's up with Reimu in your avatar then?  What podcast is this and can I watch it anywhere?
Reimu?  Open the link and watch the video, ahahaa. As for the podcast, I think it was called "This is not an anime podcast."  Letty started it.  I'm not sure where it is though.

What got you into cosplay and what keeps you into it?
I've always been interested in costumes, starting back when I was little, making weird costumes for Halloween.  I was thinking of cosplaying at Otakon for a good while, but Touhou really got me into it.

I'm interested in knowing how (and when) you got into being all moemoe and nyuuing like you tend to do?
I blame it on being a furry in a past life.  I just kinda start doing it.

How does a wolf become a janitor?
I chewed on TSO's ears until she finally gave up and promoted me.  X]

Would you hug me?
Yush.  ^.^

Maple syrup?

y/n
The answer is always YES.

Momi, did you like LEGOs as a child (or still do)?

What are the most important books you've ever read in shaping your world view?
I loved LEGOs when I was little, I had a huge recycling bin filled with them.  I even had the watertight boat hulls, so I'd play a lot in the bathtub, eheheee.

Books?  Hmmm, I guess I don't read as much as I really should.  1984 was good in that aspect though.

Why did you go with the username "Momiji"?
I didn't think I'd ever take on a "wolf" persona, but I had problems with my previous online alias (stalkers), and somehow I was naturally attracted to Momiji.  So I decided to use it as my new alias.

Anyways serious question to Momiji.  I know you're a nerd, what's the nerdiest thing (in your opinion) you're into?
Probably aviation and naval/military equipment.  Airplanes and submarines.   :]

What kind of music do you like to like to listen to?
I like a wide range of genres, from classical to classic through modern (up to the '90s) rock.  Pretty much anything that isn't country or rap, or Nickelback.

Not serious question: What is the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?

Serious question: Having grown up in Baltimore, how do you think the city has changed for the better, and how has it declined?
I'm a very picky eater, so it's neigh impossible to get me to eat weird stuff.  But I think the most disgusting thing I was ever forced to eat was a devilled egg.  I hate eggs, mayonnaise, and mustard, so they're truly an evil food as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I didn't actually grow up here, I've been here since early 2000.  I originally grew up in the midwest, born in Minnesota, later on moving to Wisconsin for awhile, then to Colorado for about 3 years.  Minnesota was weird, being in a small city and not really being able to see the big city (Minneapolis/St. Paul) that much.  Wisconsin just plain sucked.  Colorado was nice though.  I loved being in the mountains.

Do you read manga / watch anime?

If so, what are your favourites?
I've read very very few manga, I think the first one I actually read was Ghost in the Shell.  As for anime, I could say I'm not _that_ big into it, but I did enjoy Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, One Piece, Slayers, Cowboy Bebop, and uhm... those are probably my favorites of what I've watched.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
What's the creepiest con experience you've ever had?

How much do you confide in your family?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
What's the creepiest con experience you've ever had?
That was probably during the JAM Project concert, I sat next to someone who had some mental issues.  Not that that was a bad thing, but the loud music was getting very irritating and disorienting for him.

How much do you confide in your family?
Very little, if anything at all.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
JAM Project concert
Hells yes. :D
Speaking of, what is JAM's standing in your overall preference chart (As in, are they your favorites or if not how close are they to the top)?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
Joke question: What's your favorite cereal?
Semi-Serious question: What's the craziest thing you've done to promote the site? (You have done something to promote MotK, right?)
Serious question: What's your current profession?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"