Author Topic: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Horrible Puns.  (Read 78117 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time!
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2012, 03:49:06 AM »
Ara. The results seem to align a bit with the poll we had some time ago regarding which faction we liked the most. Also, I wager some people at least noticed that there were 4 distinct kinds of questions.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

JT

Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time!
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2012, 04:04:00 AM »
Ara. The results seem to align a bit with the poll we had some time ago regarding which faction we liked the most. Also, I wager some people at least noticed that there were 4 distinct kinds of questions.
I was not able to see that, though I did suspect that the survey was testing for shrine alignment. Other possibilities that crossed my mind were that it was somehow Haruhi-related - hence the questions about ESP, alien life forms, etc. - or that the survey responses didn't matter at all, and it was an eon8-ish thing to see how people respond to ambiguity or something.

What ruled the latter two out for me, and clinched the first, was the comment about how this was supposed to settle a debate about the community. That was the real tip-off. :justasplanned:

e: Looking over the questions again, I'm seeing some major pro-Myouren bias in this survey :v
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:19:44 AM by JT »

Zil

Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Debriefing In Progress.
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2012, 04:16:31 AM »
I think I found which answers are mine (35) by looking at the time and the first few questions. It is interesting to see which ones got lots of "not sure" responses.

And I'm still not sure which group I ended up in, though I'm certain it wasn't hall of dreams.

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 04:23:13 AM »
I was reminded of Miko when I saw #14 in the survey (Religion has done more for social stability than governments.) since Miko was all about using Buddhism as a political tool. I feel kind of silly for not realizing that it was for something like this. :V

I think my answers are row #3 in the spreadsheet, given that I took it fairly early and I hit Not Sure on practically everything and never chose anything strongly (or strongle).
My results (+ for agree, - for disagree)
Moriya: +-++
Hakurei: -++++
Myouren: +-++-
Taoism: --+++
I think I ended up on the side of Hakurei Shrine, although I'd say I prefer the Taoists a lot more. :L

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2012, 04:29:56 AM »
Just to clear something up: results were gauged not just by whether or not someone agreed with a question, but whether they disagreed, too. I would not be surprised if questions aligned more heavily with one or more temples, despite a conscious effort to balance. And some questions might read as one temple to one person but another temple to another. Either way, that still leaves the choice to agree or disagree, and both counted towards how the response was aligned. That said, a greater number of questions aligned towards one or more temples probably did have some influence on results.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2012, 04:31:43 AM »
Politics nothing, I'm going with whatever lets me hang with Byakuren all day erry day. :3

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2012, 04:32:08 AM »
Yeah, I just realized that it's not all agreement that affects alignment since agreeing to #38a (Humanity is too industrialized) would directly contradict Moriya Shrine ideals.

How exactly should we go about checking our personal alignments?

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

JT

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2012, 04:42:57 AM »
Just to clear something up: results were gauged not just by whether or not someone agreed with a question, but whether they disagreed, too. I would not be surprised if questions aligned more heavily with one or more temples, despite a conscious effort to balance. And some questions might read as one temple to one person but another temple to another. Either way, that still leaves the choice to agree or disagree, and both counted towards how the response was aligned. That said, a greater number of questions aligned towards one or more temples probably did have some influence on results.
Don't listen to him! You're all being brainwashed by the Myouren media!

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2012, 04:44:07 AM »
Don't listen to him! You're all being brainwashed by the Myouren media!

It's not brainwashing if you were willingly neck-deep in it to begin with! :getdown:

« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2012, 04:51:20 AM »
Oh god "(dis)agree" stopped looking like a word to my brain.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2012, 04:52:22 AM »
I was asleep with illness before I found out this was a thing.

Oh well.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »
Team Myouren represent. I hope Byakuren is the hugging sort!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2012, 05:48:36 AM »
Fun fact: the only answer to #3 was "strongly disagree". The question would be fine if it had been "do you think there is intelligent life", not "do you think that it is a mathematical certainty", which from what I understand is false outright.

#52 reporting.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:36 AM »
Wait, how do we tell which # we were and what our final alignment was?

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 05:58:12 AM »
Team Myouren represent. I hope Byakuren is the hugging sort!

She probably has a ''Cookies and Hugs'' friday thing.

Zil

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »
Wait, how do we tell which # we were and what our final alignment was?
by looking at the time and the first few questions.
That's how I found it anyway. Assuming you posted here just after submitting it, you should be able to use the time of the post to get a general idea, though you'll have to take time zones or something into consideration. Then just see which answers seem like yours. :V For example, so few people disagreed with number 3, but I knew I chose "strongly disagree," so that made it easy for me to find mine. (And yeah, taking the question literally, I think that is the definite "right answer." Rephrased like BT said, my answer would have been different.)

Oh god "(dis)agree" stopped looking like a word to my brain.
Oh man, I know what you mean. Starts to sound weird too if you say it to yourself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:08:05 AM by Zil »

Tengukami

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2012, 06:02:05 AM »
Fun fact: the only answer to #3 was "strongly disagree". The question would be fine if it had been "do you think there is intelligent life", not "do you think that it is a mathematical certainty", which from what I understand is false outright.

#52 reporting.

#3 was, as stated, one of the non-counting questions thrown in there to muddy the waters. It was not figured in with the results, so it didn't matter what was answered for that one.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »
Ammy, could you expand a little more on how each question contributed to a person's temple alignment (like I don't know whether agreeing or disagreeing with a certain topic in a category would make me more Buddhist/Taoist)?

Edit:
Basically I'm asking how you took the responses and the categorized questions to arrive at the results.

For self-reference, I'm #40.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:07:56 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2012, 06:07:43 AM »
I'm pretty sure I wound up being #82. Funny, that being my birth year and all... :]
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2012, 06:12:43 AM »
I took 'strongly __" as two strikes for/against a temple, with agree/disagree being one strike.

Myouren-8
Hakurei-3
Moriya-0
Miko & Company-0

I'm surprised there were no negatives, although I guess my counting could be off.

FOR: ufo-12 reimu-9 mof-5 td-5
AGAINST: ufo-4 reimu-5 mof-5 td-5
NOT SURE: plenty

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2012, 06:13:44 AM »
Pretty sure I was number 2. So I get put with the best surfers in Gensokyo.

Musial Theme

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2012, 06:31:26 AM »
So I what's my prize for winning this?

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
if there's one thing i learned from this survey it's that i don't know myself well enough to figure out who i am without rigorous process of elimination

(#49 btw)

Tengukami

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
Ammy, could you expand a little more on how each question contributed to a person's temple alignment (like I don't know whether agreeing or disagreeing with a certain topic in a category would make me more Buddhist/Taoist)?

Sure. One example is #17, which states that sometimes violently overthrowing a government is justified. Strength of agreement with this one was Moriya, with strength of disagreement would be Myouren, while simple disgreement would be Hakurei. In this case, the majority of answers leaned towards fairly strong agreement, so the response to #17 was put under Moriya.

Again, to which temple agreement or disagreement with a statement aligned was a subjective measure, based on my understanding of canon. Your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:53:45 PM by Tengukami »

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
Dirty Buddhist commies, all of you are dirty Buddhist commies. 

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
Stripping away the Touhou-themed factions, the results are rather pleasing. The more optimistic and idealistic egalitarian side clearly wins out over the more pessimistic and negative side based on the use of force.
Dirty Buddhist commies, all of you are dirty Buddhist commies. 
HIPPIES!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
Ah, so understanding where you are still requires a good understanding of canon

Well looks like I won't know where I stand

I found my number based on the timestamp and the first few questions. #63, by the way.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »
I am going to assume I fell into the Myouren Temple because of how I know my viewpoints are already.

Fuck yeah I get to hang with Murasa.

#78 over here for reference.

This was really interesting, Ammy. Both the results and people's responses before/after the whole thing was revealed.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]