Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread  (Read 121002 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »
Some anony on poosh said using Win95 compatibility mode caused a little lag but stopped Eng.Patch crashes.

Can anyone confirm this?

I tried screwing with compatibility modes already but I've had no luck with any yet.

« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
Has there been any progress on this so far? im just posting here cause im hoping the project aint dead. although Genius of saphherios is a big game so i shouldint be surprised if its taking awhile

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »
Has there been any progress on this so far? im just posting here cause im hoping the project aint dead. although Genius of saphherios is a big game so i shouldint be surprised if its taking awhile

Well, Nat Tea has asked for a probation from the forums. I don't know if that has naything to do with this. He said he was taking a big break for awhile, and that he'd just started again, the voluntary probation thingie was shortly after that, so it might be related *shrugs*.

As I understand it, the "Beta" build of the game is very stable and fairly extensive, but it just doesn't work on my cpu at all, I suspect it's cuz I use XP and not Vista, Nat thinks it has to do with RAM.

« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »
Beta Build? are you talking about that English patch that crashes Alot?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »
Beta Build? are you talking about that English patch that crashes Alot?

yeah

« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
Ok i was just wondering cause i dont know much about translating and all that jazz.

« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
I tried screwing with compatibility modes already but I've had no luck with any yet.

win95 compatibility + 16bit game config fixed those crash for me :D (although the game run badly while i'm running around dungeon, so it's better so use it before boss fight)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2011, 06:02:09 AM »
Does squat for me. by 16 bit game config you mean in config.exe you set both pulldown menus to 16 bit?
IF so, yeah, does squat.. is the last one 1.0 for you too? how bout the checkboxes? Mine are unchecked except 2nd from the top.

« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2011, 06:35:33 AM »
I think that scaling is unrelated to this problem so...guess it's a badluck for you then  :ohdear:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »
Sunnofa... I think I fixed my game finally!

Uhh, yeah thought something fixed it but it wasn't that, it was even more simple...
Game works perfectly fine for me if I do NOT use applocale... werd.

It's too late to really play now, but some bug/typos noticed:
During the very end of the beginning of the game dialogue Reimu says: "Since Remilia's earby. We'll blah blah"
And yeah, it's probably known, but chat bubbles that don't use the standard still don't display at all, causing some extremely difficult to view lines sometimes depending on the background.

The Formation menu seems to be un-translated with the latest patch, not sure why this is so when the last one had that menu translated before.

edit: All the equipment names are untranslated too, which is strange since they were translated before. Is there a more recent patch available that includes this stuff as well as the story? The most recent one I can find is the one that Nat titled "VERY TEMPORARY" (lol).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:10:37 AM by Ghaleon »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »
So... this patch is possibly just super picky about settings and how you run it and actually CAN be run functionally? Instead of just "lucky people that it doesn't crash for".

oh god orgasm

...but choja is self-probated soooo I guess the patch still isn't really going to go anywhere for awhile? ):
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2011, 08:15:18 AM »
Urg, can someone post a link of the translation in the 1st page or this page for people to lazy to read through all of this, please? Also, what is translated with this patch?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »
Urg, can someone post a link of the translation in the 1st page or this page for people to lazy to read through all of this, please? Also, what is translated with this patch?

Most recent one I got is the one from this post:
Testing testing.

This patch is EXTREMELY temporary. It only contains translated vanilla characters (fixed to work with expansion), translated vanilla conditions, and all translated dialogue up to end of Stage 21. First two changes use 2.02 tables instead of 2.03.  Please make a backup of your game.pak before installing this!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?f0ac3rsn7anx5sp

I cannot test the patch because the game works for me regardless of if I have English dialogue installed or not, so I can't tell if it fixed anything.

Its progression compared to the pre-expansion patch seems partially backwards. The amount of story translated is greatly improved, but all formations and item names have lost their translations.

« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Also, translation for 1.07, formations and item names translated (the expansion broke some translations)
Quote from: Nat Tea
REMEMBER: Please upgrade your game to 1.07 before using this translation patch.

REMEMBER 2: Back up your game.pak in case things go incredibly wrong!

BETA PATCH (replace game.pak with this!)

Contains all currently translated files. Dialogue may or may not crash your game, but if it does, please press Select to skip the dialogue and avoid crashing.

SCN2201.csv and SCN3501.csv have been excluded from the patch as I had problems packing them inside. I apologize!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:38:02 AM by [E]c »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Tried out the 1.07 translation patch. Crashed very consistently on pretty much everything, but then I put it on Windows 95 compatibility, and the sound improved (...okay o_O) and it completely stopped crashing. Awesome.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
Tried out the 1.07 translation patch. Crashed very consistently on pretty much everything, but then I put it on Windows 95 compatibility, and the sound improved (...okay o_O) and it completely stopped crashing. Awesome.

Really weird, I tried that before but didn't do squat.

Not sure why not using applocale magically works for me now though, I know I tried that before as a side-effect to trying to play with other settings.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »
The important part is none of us in here at the moment are crashing.

brb forcing friends to download it for more examples of people using the patch without crashing

edit:Choja said I can only convince him if I get mauve to make a fix. I don't understand how to fix something that isn't crashing, so as long as I can get a large enough pool of people who can run the patch and I can get EVERYONE I talk to to be able to run it without ANY of them not being able to play without crashing (e.g. there doesn't seem to be any crashing problems) then maybe it'll work but I dunno cuz I'm not choja whatever doing it anyway even if he won't listen to me

edit:Shim confirmed that Win95 compatability plus No Applocale = working for him, too. That's another one :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:09:49 PM by NeoSerela »

« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »
About the beta patch that need the game to be updated to 1.07 do someone have this?? Because the Link to it is dead.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2011, 09:05:06 AM »
So wait....which patch should I use?

« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2011, 09:37:17 AM »
So wait....which patch should I use?
2.03 for the expansion and 1.07 for the original
About the beta patch that need the game to be updated to 1.07 do someone have this?? Because the Link to it is dead.
My bad, I failed in copy'n'paste  :(
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sxrh2rwyqyr42jb

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
Actually, I was asking about the translation patch.....

Also, can someone provide me a clear link to the game patches? I can't make head or tails of the official site.....

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2011, 05:21:19 AM »
You can get game patches here:

http://g-mirror.gptwm.com/ichigobouzu/souzin_enki/index.html (original game)
http://g-mirror.gptwm.com/ichigobouzu/souzin_enki2/index.html (expansion)

Files souzinXXX.exe are to be applied to the preceeeding version (souzin204.exe is for version 2.03 for example), files souzinXXXx.exe can be applied to any version (souzin206x.exe can be used to patch the expansion from 2.00 all the way to 2.06 in one file)

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »
Ah thanks.

So..uh...which translation patch do I use?

This one:
Testing testing.

This patch is EXTREMELY temporary. It only contains translated vanilla characters (fixed to work with expansion), translated vanilla conditions, and all translated dialogue up to end of Stage 21. First two changes use 2.02 tables instead of 2.03.  Please make a backup of your game.pak before installing this!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?f0ac3rsn7anx5sp

I cannot test the patch because the game works for me regardless of if I have English dialogue installed or not, so I can't tell if it fixed anything.

Or this?

REMEMBER: Please upgrade your game to 1.07 before using this translation patch.

REMEMBER 2: Back up your game.pak in case things go incredibly wrong!

BETA PATCH (replace game.pak with this!)

Contains all currently translated files. Dialogue may or may not crash your game, but if it does, please press Select to skip the dialogue and avoid crashing.

SCN2201.csv and SCN3501.csv have been excluded from the patch as I had problems packing them inside. I apologize!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
First one is for the expansion, second one is for 1.07.

Keep in mind to run the game using Win95 compatibility if you're getting crashes, and that a lot of stuff isn't translated, especially in the expansion patch, where translated equipment and formations wasn't included.

Well actually, I think the expansion patch pretty much ONLY has most story dialogue translated.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:08:39 AM by NeoSerela »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »
Seems to be the case for me.
However it's likely the people involved in making the patch are more interested in people testing their most recent build, not the pre-expansion one.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
Okay, I'm confused. What all has been translated in the most recent patch?

Also, if there are still crashing issues with story dialog, what about a patch that just translates everything else? That's the stuff that actually gets in the way of playing the game, after all; untranslated story dialog does not, and story translations can be found elsewhere for those who want to know what's going on. Also, I image there's not as much non-story stuff left to translate, since almost everything except enemy and move names has already been translated, at least through the end of the original game. In fact,it's been a while since then, so is there anything except story (and minor stuff like pause-menu options and area and BGM names) that hasn't been translated yet?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »
Also, if there are still crashing issues with story dialog, what about a patch that just translates everything else?
After the discovery of the Win95 compatibility mode fixing (and not using applocale) fixing it, this problem seems to be gone.

The patch has "All story dialogue translated", supposedly. For the original game, at least. Keep in mind that non-story dialogue does NOT seem to be translated, from what I've seen at the very beginning of the game. The 1.07 patch also has formations and equipment translated, while the expansion patch does not.

I have absolutely no idea how much (if any) attention is being paid to the patch at the moment, by the people who were making it. A few weeks ago Choja told me on IRC that within a few weeks mauve was going to get him a fix for dialogue bubbles not popping up sometimes. I've poked him a few times about GoS since without getting a response, so :shrug:. I'm personally assuming more will get done EVENTUALLY but I'm not counting on it being any time soon.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait, then.

« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
How i extract pak files?  there is not a rift of the expansion... please?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2011, 03:10:15 AM »
If you're still watching this thread, I suggest you do not.

The new thread is here, okay?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!