Author Topic: 不思議の幻想郷 (Fushigi no Gensokyo) Translation Thread  (Read 232018 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: 不思議の幻想郷 (Fushigi no Gensokyo) Translation Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
When a weapon or shield is cursed, this message pops up.
なんと<insert name here>は呪われていた!
So I'm very sure it is 'cursed'.

魔法反射, according to the'Patchy's Grimore' shield, actually reflects magic, so it is 'magic reflect'.

How about
Light Eater, Increment, Heavy Eater? (The abilities in Motto?! Fushigi no Gensoukyo translates to these)
Signature

« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
When a weapon or shield is cursed, this message pops up.
なんと<insert name here>は呪われていた!
So I'm very sure it is 'cursed'.

魔法反射, according to the'Patchy's Grimore' shield, actually reflects magic, so it is 'magic reflect'.

How about
Light Eater, Increment, Heavy Eater? (The abilities in Motto?! Fushigi no Gensoukyo translates to these)

Oh, I see the problem here.  In the file it had "祝" (iwa) but cursed is "呪" (noroi?).  That's confusing...
I ended up changing it anyway, I couldn't find it in the game anywhere else so I guess it is cursed.

Let's just use the one from motto!? then.  "increment" makes more sense anyway..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:18:00 PM by Sandrie »

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »
Gonna be a bit busy again, but done a lot of stability testing.
In the last 16~20h of gameplay the game crashed maybe once and I'm not sure if it wasn't fault of some other app (it was so random I forgot to analyze it).
...and beat next 2 bosses in the process...

Few script related things:
I was partially right about displaying the abilities. The game has simple wordwrapping only for this part of text. If next added ability makes line longer than 45 characters, line is being split right before it. I've modified it a bit and there shouldn't be any problems with displaying English names (sample, old translations: http://i.imgur.com/W1ypK.png).
Maybe not that important, but the default character set when naming item is now Alphabet, not Hiragana.

As for the curses, in one of replaced parts of code I've found these lines:
<0:COLOR>%s</COLOR>は呪われた!
<0:COLOR>%s</COLOR>の呪いが解かれた!
%s is replaced with item's name. (As a side note, a bit weird that the color is yellow...)
Later I'll look for the lines that are easy to explain (like the two above) and post it, probably as pastebin to find better translations.

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
は呪われた! means that the item is cursed.

の呪いが解かれた means that the item's curse has been lifted.

DennouNeko

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »
Haven't forgotten about this project, just was a bit busy again...
A moment ago I've updated the strings in exe with current translation.
As for strings in replaced parts of code, this is what I've gathered with current translations: http://pastebin.com/7RNZcmeR
Replaced %s and such with $1; notation to make it easier to track the order of variables.

« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »
Haven't forgotten about this project, just was a bit busy again...
A moment ago I've updated the strings in exe with current translation.
As for strings in replaced parts of code, this is what I've gathered with current translations: http://pastebin.com/7RNZcmeR
Replaced %s and such with $1; notation to make it easier to track the order of variables.

I took a quick look and most of the things seem okay. I think 今回の調査結果 literally means "this time's survey results" but i don't think that works so well.
I think we should keep everything in one tense though ( ____ was preserved in ice!)

x_x Also, I started summer school and I'm already getting a lot of work thrown at me, so I'm not sure if I'll able to help much.  I'll try to pop in from time to time, good luck on everything.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
I think 今回の調査結果 literally means "this time's survey results" but i don't think that works so well.
I think 調査 is closer to "quest" or "adventure". They use the word "investigation" because of the scenario.

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »
Is the patch for the Origin version or the regular one?

DennouNeko

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2012, 07:57:36 AM »
I took a quick look and most of the things seem okay. I think 今回の調査結果 literally means "this time's survey results" but i don't think that works so well.
I think we should keep everything in one tense though ( ____ was preserved in ice!)

x_x Also, I started summer school and I'm already getting a lot of work thrown at me, so I'm not sure if I'll able to help much.  I'll try to pop in from time to time, good luck on everything.
Initially I had there "Survey results", but as Arknarok said it didn't match scenario very well...
I'll update the ice line in a moment.
Thanks for the help so far. Hope it won't be too much of work and you'll have some free time.

Is the patch for the Origin version or the regular one?
For now working on the regular one (for various reasons...). After finishing this one I think we could try to reuse most of the translations for origin.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »
Why not just use something like "Today's Results"?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

DennouNeko

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
Why not just use something like "Today's Results"?
Not sure about this... I guess for now I'd leave "Investigation results".

As for the mentioned test patch. It took me longer than expected, but made a package with current state of translation.
The problem is that game crashed one more time (again, completely random) and I tried to track down the source, but was unable to. It may be something in original code or something in the replaced one or even something in one of packages. I'd appreciate any crash reports if you encounter one (best if full content pasted as pastebin with description of last actions and events).
Managed to fix word wrapping for lots of descriptions already. The button animation may still need some work, but added main menu translation too (for now the first one).

Well, here's the package: http://www.mediafire.com/?n40v2msrrad1alp
I guess I don't have to remind you to backup the replaced files. It would be best to backup whole game's directory to preserve saves too. And for now it still would be good to run the game with AppLocale, unless you want to search for texts embedded in exe (these are being displayed properly even without AppLocale).

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
Alright, let's try it. Hope there's no bug/crash in this patch  :V
EDIT : the hell?? When I extract it, the "beep" sound when finish extract files repeat each second...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:13:17 PM by Yao-Kun »

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

DennouNeko

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »
Alright, let's try it. Hope there's no bug/crash in this patch  :V
EDIT : the hell?? When I extract it, the "beep" sound when finish extract files repeat each second...
Erm... What?
I'm pretty sure I've packed it as normal zip, like many files before :wat:
That would be the last thing I'd expect to be buggy...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »
I've been curious about trying this game out. How far along is the translation patch right now? :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Yao-Kun

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
Okay, so far so good, but some item desc pass game windows, ex : Mind Gap "Fills the gap in the mind when an item is p-- (I suppose this put in)
Well, if other people not get same problem with me, then my rar have problem.

A bit question :
1.How do you fuse?
2.What's the effect of Mind Gap?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:45:59 PM by Yao-Kun »

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

DennouNeko

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »
I've been curious about trying this game out. How far along is the translation patch right now? :3
Right now all the item names with descriptions and item abilities are more or less translated.
Same with in-game menus and main menu. Also few first scenes are ready.
Haven't translated the item names in shops yet.
For now the translation should allow just play the game, but it's still far from what it should be.

Okay, so far so good, but some item desc pass game windows, ex : Mind Gap "Fills the gap in the mind when an item is p-- (I suppose this put in)
Well, if other people not get same problem with me, then my rar have problem.

A bit question :
1.How do you fuse?
2.What's the effect of Mind Gap?
1. For "fusing" you need synthesis gap. First item put inside is the basis for synthesis. Next items of same type adds own abilities and if the item has +x strength the x is added to base item's strength. For amulets you need Hakurei Amulet as basis, and you can transfer to it as many abilities as the number in () shows.
2. Mind Gap recovers full health and IIRC removes bad statuses. I've noticed that sometimes it causes sleep, but not sure if it depends on the item you put in.

And I know... I'm still searching for item descriptions that need fixing the wrapping. Unfortunately can't browse through all of them, so can't do it all at once :/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:51:29 PM by DennouNeko »

Yao-Kun

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Hmm, all item in Kourindo not translated, despite all item I got so far translated.
And for item menu, I think "Leave" command need to be replace with "Place", it slighty confuse me when I want to place an item.
No typo/error so far, I'll report when I encounter some.
Also, Yuuka, I swear, one day I'm fucking kill you!!

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Uh, I didn't really have time to actually play, but I opened it up and there seems to be some of them wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/7nb6E#0

-control rod should have "blast" ability, no idea how it got danmaku disabled.
-rod of remorse should have "god"
-roukanken description should have ghost instead of float, also "ghost" ability
-ying yang orb should have "youkai"

I'll see if I can do some more this weekend..

DennouNeko

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
Hmm, all item in Kourindo not translated, despite all item I got so far translated.
And for item menu, I think "Leave" command need to be replace with "Place", it slighty confuse me when I want to place an item.
No typo/error so far, I'll report when I encounter some.
Also, Yuuka, I swear, one day I'm fucking kill you!!
Well, I know about Kourindo item names. These are stored with Rinnosuke's and Keine's descriptions in separate files than the item names you see in inventory. I guess I should at least replace the names before releasing the test patch...
As for menus I'll appreciate any suggestions. These are still using my initial translations, because these strongly depend on context and a lot of them will probably be changed.
For Yuuka...
Spoiler:
Initially she's not a foe. Just don't touch (walk through) flowers and don't attack her. Unless you touched the flowers then it doesn't matter any more
:P

Uh, I didn't really have time to actually play, but I opened it up and there seems to be some of them wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/7nb6E#0

-control rod should have "blast" ability, no idea how it got danmaku disabled.
-rod of remorse should have "god"
-roukanken description should have ghost instead of float, also "ghost" ability
-ying yang orb should have "youkai"

I'll see if I can do some more this weekend..
I used the pastebin you posted without checking the names. Just checked if the id and address haven't been changed ::)
Edit: It's also possible that I've made mistake while dumping the ability names (dumping is done manually), so these may have to be moved around a bit...

Well, it's just a test run after all. Just to see how it looks right now, what still should be changed and to find possible mistranslations/bugs.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:53:41 PM by DennouNeko »

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »
I should give you a heads up: Someone on pooshlmer was testing the patch and found two bugs.

"First, using "Release Pylorus" gaves me the same effect as "Echigo Short!"

Second, after using Achievement, instead of raising my stat +1, my Umbrella went -3."

Proof here: http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/res/532537.html and use CTRL+F to find 533869 for the picture that shows the two bugs.

Could you check into that and squash these bugs?

DennouNeko

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2012, 12:44:40 AM »
I should give you a heads up: Someone on pooshlmer was testing the patch and found two bugs.

"First, using "Release Pylorus" gaves me the same effect as "Echigo Short!"

Second, after using Achievement, instead of raising my stat +1, my Umbrella went -3."

Proof here: http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/res/532537.html and use CTRL+F to find 533869 for the picture that shows the two bugs.

Could you check into that and squash these bugs?
For now managed to find the source of "Release Pylorus" one. Not sure how, but somehow it started using files from "Echigo Short!" card. Will be fixed for next release.

As for "Achievement" I'll have to dig a bit longer. Either it's something a bit less obvious or it's related with replaced parts of code.

Thanks for the feedback.

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2012, 01:44:02 AM »
I used the pastebin you posted without checking the names. Just checked if the id and address haven't been changed ::)
Edit: It's also possible that I've made mistake while dumping the ability names (dumping is done manually), so these may have to be moved around a bit...

Well, it's just a test run after all. Just to see how it looks right now, what still should be changed and to find possible mistranslations/bugs.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to look at that pastebin again, I'm sorry if I royally messed something up...either way, like you said, it's just a test run. 

I'll double check the pastebin I did when I get some free time.  Or maybe in a bit, because I really don't want to do my lab right now x_x

http://pastebin.com/GzX7N7YZ
I did make some mistakes...This time I took the stringlist_jp and directly edited that instead of using parts of the translated one, so if there was any weird id swap that should have taken care of it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:28:23 AM by Sandrie »

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2012, 02:55:41 AM »
Apparently somehow the Achievement Amulet makes the weapon have 1 atk after the countdown. If the base weapon's attack is 5 without any + or -, after the countdown ends, it becomes -4 instead of 6 like it should be happening. Could you squash a bug in the countdown that's resetting the weapon to 1 ATK?

DennouNeko

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »
Hmm, I guess I'll have to look at that pastebin again, I'm sorry if I royally messed something up...either way, like you said, it's just a test run. 

I'll double check the pastebin I did when I get some free time.  Or maybe in a bit, because I really don't want to do my lab right now x_x

http://pastebin.com/GzX7N7YZ
I did make some mistakes...This time I took the stringlist_jp and directly edited that instead of using parts of the translated one, so if there was any weird id swap that should have taken care of it.
Happens. I'll update it in a moment.
If there's still something swapped then it means it's my fault too.

Apparently somehow the Achievement Amulet makes the weapon have 1 atk after the countdown. If the base weapon's attack is 5 without any + or -, after the countdown ends, it becomes -4 instead of 6 like it should be happening. Could you squash a bug in the countdown that's resetting the weapon to 1 ATK?
Interesting. It may make finding the cause a bit easier.
It was pretty late when I was posting previous message, but gonna look for it now.

Edit:
I've compared the old and new pastebin. No names changed places, so I'll have to check if I haven't swapped the texts while dumping.
And I think I've found the source of "Achievement" bug. It seems it was something in the replaced code after all, but can't confirm it without testing.

Here's package with updated files: http://www.mediafire.com/?026koc10aej2rwp
It's just an update for previous version, so didn't include images with this one.

Edit2: Forgot to change the "Leave" -_-'

Edit3: Haven't replaced enough in previous file, so "Release Pylorus" still wasn't fixed.
Here's the proper package: http://www.mediafire.com/?8y5s1sj5sv18s1v
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:31:39 AM by DennouNeko »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2012, 06:35:59 AM »
Is there any other thing I can help with?
Should I list the items with Descr. that go off the screen?
Signature

DennouNeko

« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2012, 09:08:54 AM »
Is there any other thing I can help with?
Should I list the items with Descr. that go off the screen?
Hmm... Fixing these usually requires a bit of trial and error word wrapping and for that I have to find the item to experiment with its description. Having a list of items to pay attention to should help a bit.
As for other things to do, I guess that at least the item names in shops and the shop/blacksmith/inn menus would require some attention. (Items for shops are in Items_and_Shops > Scrpt.WorldMap\itemShop.txt and menus are at beginning of almost all Conversations > Script.WorldMap\Scene*.txt)
And I just realized that the newspapers will have to be "found" all once again to fix the wrapping for them. The Gensokyo Chronicles menu uses images instead of text versions...

For now I still try to find the cause of random crashes I've encountered. I may have to check the replaced code once again, but something tells me it's rather script related (like I still haven't updated some file after fixing the tool). It's just way too random to say anything for sure :/

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2012, 04:31:55 AM »
Thanks again for all the work, I'll try it out and see if I notice any patterns with crashing. But is there by chance some kind of manual or guide that is translated? For example I'm not really sure what the point of 'P' items are since you can still shoot amulets when it's at 1 or 0 or whatever the minimum was...and they don't seem any more powerful when I collect em =\. But if not I'll just try and figure it out.

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2012, 05:14:35 AM »
There is a point to collecting the P-items - it's more for casting the different range spells. Try switching between them - although most of these are situational depending on who the enemy is.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2012, 05:24:32 AM »
I would never translate conversations. Rinnosuke and Keine would end up speaking the same thing.
Actors_Locations_Menus_Misc > Actor > Enemy_common.csv seems interesting. I'll try translating this.
By the way, where are the texts for the special abilities of weapons and the such?

Transform Gap and Warehouse Gap has subtle 'go-off-the-screen' error.
Synthesis Gap has more problems than that.
Eye Drops has subtle errors.
'White Wolf Sword +10' overlaps with the price in the Shops. Might need a shorter name or something.
Could you change 'Kourin' to 'Rinnosuke' in the ADV parts?

For example I'm not really sure what the point of 'P' items are since you can still shoot amulets when it's at 1 or 0 or whatever the minimum was...and they don't seem any more powerful when I collect em =\. But if not I'll just try and figure it out.

Danmaku does become stronger when you collect 100 of them. Blue < Yellow < Red.
Even if Reimu has no P, she still can shoot danmaku at cost of 1 HP, and damage is roughly halved.
At least in Motto!? it was.

About Reimu's attack power.
Damage increases with money, capped at 10000 yen.
Damage decreases as Reimu becomes hungry.
When Reimu is starving, she gets a boost in attack power instead.
Boost in attack when she is surrounded or when the HUD is flashing red(25% HP).

EDIT : 
'Fantasy Seal' has errors.
Compress, Bait, Curse Return, Knockback, Change (ofudas) has descr. errors, too.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:50:01 AM by Sungho »
Signature

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:17 AM »
Here are some more story files. Yeah, I was pretty detached because of finals and PCB4BP translation projects, but I should be able to spend more time on these dialogs.

As always, I'm not sure they make sense from an ingame perpective. The worst has to be 009. I don't know what I should use for the location. Dimension? Space? Place?

Script.ADV.Script\MainStory\006: http://pastebin.com/N30UmmzA
Script.ADV.Script\MainStory\007: http://pastebin.com/WpD53cGr
Script.ADV.Script\MainStory\008: http://pastebin.com/ainBNw4D
Script.ADV.Script\MainStory\009: http://pastebin.com/P8thBYWG