Author Topic: 不思議の幻想郷 (Fushigi no Gensokyo) Translation Thread  (Read 231546 times)

Re: 不思議の幻想郷 (Fushigi no Gensokyo) Translation Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
I wouldn't call it youkai, because not all youkai have this ability. Enemies who have it: Kogasa, Nue, Meiling, Yamame, Yuuka, Wriggle, Letty, Rumia, Mystia.

Do you have a better term? I can't really think of anything.  It said 妖, so I guess I just assumed 妖怪.  "Mystic" or that like doesn't make much sense either.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:28:20 PM by Sandrie »

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2012, 05:24:38 PM »
I wouldn't call it youkai, because not all youkai have this ability. Enemies who have it: Kogasa, Nue, Meiling, Yamame, Yuuka, Wriggle, Letty, Rumia, Mystia.
Hm... I'd assume it's type of weapon instead of type of enemy it's effective against (damage source type?).

Edit: It seems that only Yin-Yang Orb has set the 妖 category... ok, then no idea...
Edit2: Internal name "Specter", btw.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:31:35 PM by DennouNeko »

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
Do you have a better term? I can't really think of anything.  It said 妖, so I guess I just assumed 妖怪.
I don't know yet, I failed to find a description. We need to find out what this ability does.

Btw, 妖 is also an abbreviation of 妖精

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »
I don't know yet, I failed to find a description. We need to find out what this ability does.

Btw, 妖 is also an abbreviation of 妖精

I guess "fairy" doesn't work either x_x

I'm not sure this counts, but I looked up the orb (in the motto!? version) that has the same designation, it says youkai.  妖怪系特攻【妖】

Oh, in the original the ying yang ball has this description : 妖怪系の敵に大ダメージ.  Also uses youkai (system? series?), so I really don't know how they specified this.
http://www39.atwiki.jp/hushigigensou/pages/16.html

edit: I left the hunger messages alone because those make sense even if they aren't spot on.  This is the only ones that don't make any sense.
お腹と背中がくっつきそう!  - I feel like it's missing some context, because it doesn't make any sense to me.
カーソルキーを押すと音が鳴るよ。 It's something about hearing a sound when you press the "cursor key" (aka mouse?) Nothing about food/hunger as far as I can see.

edit2: okay while I'm at it.
祝 - are there any "celebrations" in the game? This might be 祝詞 (norito), which is a shinto prayer thing so I wouldn't be shocked if it was this.
怪力 - it's "superhuman strength" but that's rather long.

edit54523:
Oops, I have to go now and I'll be gone for most of today and possibly tomorrow so here's what I have if someone else wants to look at it (I didn't get particularly far) :
http://pastebin.com/GzX7N7YZ

I know that the menu messages have to be pretty short so I think "abandon" might be pushing it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:12:41 PM by Sandrie »

« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »

Oh, in the original the ying yang ball has this description : 妖怪系の敵に大ダメージ.  Also uses youkai (system? series?), so I really don't know how they specified this.

I think that's about slayer-effects.
The ying yang ball has slayer-effects against youkai

DennouNeko

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
I guess "fairy" doesn't work either x_x

I'm not sure this counts, but I looked up the orb (in the motto!? version) that has the same designation, it says youkai.  妖怪系特攻【妖】

Anything I could find in files would also suggest that it's Youkai...

edit: I left the hunger messages alone because those make sense even if they aren't spot on.  This is the only ones that don't make any sense.
お腹と背中がくっつきそう!  - I feel like it's missing some context, because it doesn't make any sense to me.
カーソルキーを押すと音が鳴るよ。 It's something about hearing a sound when you press the "cursor key" (aka mouse?) Nothing about food/hunger as far as I can see.
First one is case of extreme hunger. Not sure if there is some equivalent of this in English, but at my place there is something similar used. It's something like "Stomach is going to be stuck to your back!" or "Stomach has stuck to your back!"
And simply forgot to separate the second line from hunger ones... It may be some debug or test message or something.

edit2: okay while I'm at it.
怪力 - it's "superhuman strength" but that's rather long.
[...]
I know that the menu messages have to be pretty short so I think "abandon" might be pushing it.
怪力 - Super-Strength? Won't be shorter I guess...
Well, some of the menus can be stretched a bit if I'll find the right value to change, but this is a bit tricky... Actually I guess the only one I've identified so far is width of the "Break/Abandon" (old "Save/No save") menu and has ID 17 in these files.
Have fun.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:33:23 PM by DennouNeko »

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »

That's convincing. Let's use "youkai".  系 here means "-type". 妖怪系の敵 means "youkai-type enemy". Or just "youkai enemy".

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2012, 01:00:03 AM »
while I'm at it.
祝 - are there any "celebrations" in the game? This might be 祝詞 (norito), which is a shinto prayer thing so I wouldn't be shocked if it was this.

I think 祝 means 'Cursed' and it doesn't show up in the games itself. Like 護, which is the effect of "Sardine Head" and doesn't show up in the game.

I think 'Give Up' is better, even if it is the same length.

And on the translations.
52 should be 'no ability'.

How are we going to translate 地雷名張?
It completely baffles me. It doesn't make any sense either.
The ability itself reduce damage from explosions from Explosion Traps and Patchoulis.

EDIT:
Finally got the pun in 法界炉.
ほかほか(hokahoka) is a onomatopoeia for warm
かいろ(kairo) means 'pocket furnace'
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:21:48 AM by Sungho »
Signature

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2012, 01:35:58 AM »
That's convincing. Let's use "youkai".  系 here means "-type". 妖怪系の敵 means "youkai-type enemy". Or just "youkai enemy".

Okay, thanks for letting me know what that means.

I think 祝 means 'Cursed' and it doesn't show up in the games itself. Like 護, which is the effect of "Sardine Head" and doesn't show up in the game.

I think 'Give Up' is better, even if it is the same length.
Is 祝 short for something then?  I looked it up in a kanji dictionary and I didn't see that x_x

Yeah, I agree, I'll change it on my pastebin link.

And on the translations.
52 should be 'no ability'.

Thanks for line 52, I was kind of iffy about that.

I'll just leave mine alone for now, I don't think I can do much else today, but I'll see.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:38:21 AM by Sandrie »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2012, 02:00:34 AM »
Is 祝 short for something then?  I looked it up in a kanji dictionary and I didn't see that x_x

My dictionary has 'Cursed' as the second meaning.
Could be short for 呪咀.
Signature

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:06 AM »
I wanted a patch for this game for decades! honestly! But really, uhh, there WAS a translation effort, from nameless fairy (you know, THE nameless fairy who was behind labyrinth of touhou, TPW, etc), deranged, and possibly others. But really, those 2 alone are pretty much all you need to get something done translation-wise. But yeah, it was cancelled due to technical reasons.. Something about string length being hardcoded and really screwing the size of English descriptions and names or whatnot. I don't remember.

But uhh..People found a workaround for that now? Is there a standalone expansion that fixes that issue? People just willing to tolerate borked translations due to short names/descriptions? In any case, I'm just happy there is interest, but yeah, please make sure you test out some results before you get too involved, because it would be heartbreaking for you to realize after months of work that it isn't going to work out again =(.

DennouNeko

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2012, 08:11:11 AM »

Hm... If it's the "usual" curse, then it seems that instead of text game displays the skull icon in place of usual one. It's similar with blessed items IIRC. Not sure if I've seen the Sardine Head already...

EDIT:
Finally got the pun in 法界炉.
ほかほか(hokahoka) is a onomatopoeia for warm
かいろ(kairo) means 'pocket furnace'
As far as I know (thanks to friend again), the 法界炉 in this case is a kind of hand warmer http://www.aquastyle.org/gazo/houkairo2.jpg (in the main story, file 006). You can find it equipped here: http://wikiwiki.jp/miracleparty/?%CB%C9%B6%F1 (look for 3rd 法界炉)

I wanted a patch for this game for decades! honestly! But really, uhh, there WAS a translation effort, from nameless fairy (you know, THE nameless fairy who was behind labyrinth of touhou, TPW, etc), deranged, and possibly others. But really, those 2 alone are pretty much all you need to get something done translation-wise. But yeah, it was cancelled due to technical reasons.. Something about string length being hardcoded and really screwing the size of English descriptions and names or whatnot. I don't remember.

But uhh..People found a workaround for that now? Is there a standalone expansion that fixes that issue? People just willing to tolerate borked translations due to short names/descriptions? In any case, I'm just happy there is interest, but yeah, please make sure you test out some results before you get too involved, because it would be heartbreaking for you to realize after months of work that it isn't going to work out again =(.
Wasn't sure how much to say, but here it goes:
I guess that game's exe wasn't a problem. Even the replacement of parts of code. This sounds like they tried to just overwrite the texts in script files...
No expansion involved, using clean game v1.20
In our case I rebuild the scripts, so texts aren't limited by original text length. Have even made simple disassembler/assembler, so can manipulate to some extent the script code (like adding parts of text if line starts or ends with variable etc.), but it's working with assembler... It's just easier than editing binary.
For the exe... Without going into technical details, I'm moving the strings to new area with (close to) unlimited space. Similar with replaced code (like "Game Over" screen). Got everything automated by now, so it's not that bad.
It seems that only things that are limiting us now is the display space, mostly the shop windows, balloon size and width of log window.

TL;DR: So yeah, it's possible now.
Well, I know that sometimes it ain't easy to find free time, especially with some projects going on, but as a translators with lots of exp they would be welcome.

On a patch note... I've started to prepare the test release, but noticed that it would be good to translate 2 more files:
- Script.WorldMap\Scene02.txt (the menu at Hakurei Shrine + few lines from Akyuu and Reimu, but not a real conversation)
- Script\UI\ItemMenu.txt (As the name says, the item menu with some extra windows, lots of random texts)
I know it still needs few changes, but here's the translation of ItemMenu I've been using so far: http://www.mediafire.com/?qxt7esav1rt970z
And the menu part of Scene02: http://pastebin.com/7HCUTaGS If you wish, I could try to provide informations on which line belongs to which menu element.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2012, 08:35:56 AM »
wow! That's great news! Thanks for all your efforts. I've been looking forward to Fushigi for quite some time now. As for the solution, sounds..well.. like one of those situations where something is so easy and simple that you just never thought of it =P. I remember back when I played world of warcraft (years ago), I liked to modify patch_something.mpq so that my tier 2 warrior tank set (of wrath IIRC) didn't look like a fugly power ranger with a can opener for a helm/shoulders...So yeah, I modified the patch file, which involved some complications and whatnot.
But then much later, I discovered I could just make a "Patch_wtfIwanttoname it.mpq" (literally), and it would automatically override the original, and I didn't have to worry about any of the files I didn't want modified, so I could just have 2 files in there and presto.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2012, 08:54:03 AM »
Hm... If it's the "usual" curse, then it seems that instead of text game displays the skull icon in place of usual one. It's similar with blessed items IIRC. Not sure if I've seen the Sardine Head already...

Yes, that's what I meant.
Sardine Head as in the spellcard that 'blesses' equipments.

As far as I know (thanks to friend again), the 法界炉 in this case is a kind of hand warmer

I was aware that it was a pocket furnace, but 法界炉 was too clever a pun for me to comprehend.
Should we just translate it to 'Hand Warmer' and leave the translation notes?

But 地雷名張, what should it be translated to? 'Explosion Resist' surely is too long.
And as far as I can find, 名張 couldn't be translated to anything meaningful.
Most problematic one.
Signature

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
Script.WorldMap\Scene02.txt: http://pastebin.com/xASUTPiW

I might have got some things wrong, Definitely check things in the game.
The menu is even more context dependent, I won't even bother.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 09:14:11 AM »
But 地雷名張, what should it be translated to? 'Explosion Resist' surely is too long.
Most problematic one.
http://twist.jpn.org/sfcsiren/index.php?%E5%9C%B0%E9%9B%B7%E3%83%8A%E3%83%90%E3%83%AA%E3%81%AE%E7%9B%BE - we have a similar case. "Blast-proof" could work.

DennouNeko

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2012, 09:17:03 AM »
wow! That's great news! Thanks for all your efforts. I've been looking forward to Fushigi for quite some time now. As for the solution, sounds..well.. like one of those situations where something is so easy and simple that you just never thought of it =P. I remember back when I played world of warcraft (years ago), I liked to modify patch_something.mpq so that my tier 2 warrior tank set (of wrath IIRC) didn't look like a fugly power ranger with a can opener for a helm/shoulders...So yeah, I modified the patch file, which involved some complications and whatnot.
But then much later, I discovered I could just make a "Patch_wtfIwanttoname it.mpq" (literally), and it would automatically override the original, and I didn't have to worry about any of the files I didn't want modified, so I could just have 2 files in there and presto.
I'm glad it looks so simple ::)

I was aware that it was a pocket furnace, but 法界炉 was too clever a pun for me to comprehend.
Should we just translate it to 'Hand Warmer' and leave the translation notes?

Most problematic one.
I'd stick to the Hokairo name. Hand Warmer may be a bit too descriptive, but I guess we could add "A hand warmer." at the beginning of description though.
Only thing I could find so far about 名張 (Nabari), is that it's a city in Mie Prefecture in Japan (wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabari,_Mie, http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/名張市). Unless there's some story behind it I doubt that it's related...
Explosion Resist may be a bit long, but as long as it won't pop up anywhere besides the bottom of description it should be ok. It's the best we have right now.
Or a Blast-proof. We'll see...

Script.WorldMap\Scene02.txt: http://pastebin.com/xASUTPiW

I might have got some things wrong, Definitely check things in the game.
The menu is even more context dependent, I won't even bother.
Um... The lines 28:10 to 28:43 are reactions for donations (in order from the biggest one, 5000 to smallest 5), so these may be a bit off. Rest seems to be ok.
I'll check it in a moment.

Edit: It seems it's fine.
For the donation reactions I'm using something like this right now:
28:10:$Reimu\nHuh? That's...
28:15:$Reimu\nI feel great today!
28:19:$Reimu\nThere's so much in here!
28:23:$Reimu\nNice, there's\nsomething in there.
28:27:$Reimu\nWell, who would\nhave thought.
28:31:$Reimu\nI wish there was more...
28:36:$Reimu\nIt's a bit subtle.
28:39:$Reimu\nHaa...
28:43:$Reimu\n......

Edit2:
It's possible I've hurried a bit with saying that everything is ok. It seems that after adding item translations game started to crash at random when loading or between floors. It seems it stopped after shortening few of the longest names, but can't be sure.
*sigh*
We may have to find longest Japanese name and assume that it's the limit for English ones...
Unless it's bug in one of tools, but so far these worked fine.

Edit3: Just a note...
The longest item name is 22 characters long (神祭「エクスパンデッド・オンバシラ」)
Longest location name is 13 characters long (不思議の古井戸【博麗神社】)
Longest "actor" name is 11 characters long (スキマエクスプレス入口)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:18:17 PM by DennouNeko »

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »
edit for above: I don't know how they managed to squish all those kana into one line..I think I've seen it somewhere, I'll check.nevermind i see tiny squishy kana

I think I found out what 地雷名張 is.  In 不思議のダンジョン2風来のシレン there is an item called "Land Mine Nabari Shield".   Of course, the guy that translated that doesn't know what nabari means either..but perhaps it's a reference.

地雷ナバリの盾[じらいなばりのたて]
Land Mine Nabari Shield (I don't know what Nabari means)
DP = 3
Characteristic = Reduces damage done by explosions by 1/2.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/581042-fushigi-no-dungeon-2-fuurai-no-shiren/faqs/14612
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:31:27 PM by Sandrie »

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »

I think I found out what 地雷名張 is.  In 不思議のダンジョン2風来のシレン there is an item called "Land Mine Nabari Shield".   Of course, the guy that translated that doesn't know what nabari means either..but perhaps it's a reference.

地雷ナバリの盾[じらいなばりのたて]
Land Mine Nabari Shield (I don't know what Nabari means)
DP = 3
Characteristic = Reduces damage done by explosions by 1/2.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/581042-fushigi-no-dungeon-2-fuurai-no-shiren/faqs/14612

Nabari is a japanese city.

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
Guess I'll just leave it as Nabari then.

-Is there a better way to say "danmaku/hit is disabled"?
-What is the context of
63:004A7237:$八卦 (Hakke)?  I just put "divination"..
-For 海鼠, should I keep it as "Namako" or just say "Sea Cucumber" (I'm guessing it's a reference to aquastyle's OC)
-For 隙魔 (sukima) should I leave it as "gap"? or would it be more like "magic gap"?

Translation- http://pastebin.com/GzX7N7YZ
Consistency Check - http://pastebin.com/1SBGE1q9

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:57:48 AM by Sandrie »

DennouNeko

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2012, 06:48:26 AM »
-What is the context of
63:004A7237:$八卦 (Hakke)?  I just put "divination"..
-For 海鼠, should I keep it as "Namako" or just say "Sea Cucumber" (I'm guessing it's a reference to aquastyle's OC)
-For 隙魔 (sukima) should I leave it as "gap"? or would it be more like "magic gap"?

Translation- http://pastebin.com/GzX7N7YZ
Consistency Check - http://pastebin.com/1SBGE1q9
For 八卦 the only context I know is that it appears in all three sets of abilities... Well, now that I look at it it looks like a short version of 八卦炉 (Hakkero)...
海鼠 I'd go with Namako
隙魔 simply Gap

Edit: Small update... It's possible that game was crashing on some empty strings I left in few places instead of too long ones. This still needs testing and have to find all the remaining ones, but for now game is relatively stable again...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:26:37 AM by DennouNeko »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »

Edit: Small update... It's possible that game was crashing on some empty strings I left in few places instead of too long ones. This still needs testing and have to find all the remaining ones, but for now game is relatively stable again...

That's great! hopefully it stays that way. About my earlier comment, you seem to have taken it the wrong way. I didn't mean that your work was simple, just that.. errr. sometimes the solution for a problem is more simple than what the problem solver was looking at >=).

DennouNeko

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2012, 06:43:59 PM »
Thanks, I also hope so.
And it's pretty possible I've misunderstood it a bit at first ::)

As for the patch, it seems that one of my tools had bug and couldn't handle properly empty line of text (didn't use empty lines before, so didn't notice it). After fixing it I've restored most of the longest names, updated all the files and for now the game seems to be stable.
Well, tests will show I guess, but that scared me a bit...

Something I've noticed that I've mistranslated:
掘削 should be probably Digging or something like this instead of Excavation (It's the Onbashira's ability to "dig" in walls)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »
66 身代 should be substitute, or dummy would work.
79 回避 wouldn't 'Evasion' be better?
80 打撃反射 I suggest 'Counter'
130 威光 This ability lets your weapon fire a ray. Find something better than Authority.
144 空振 makes you more likely to miss attacks. Should find something better than Air Wave.
145 目潰 I suggest 'Blind'
148 安眠 The ability lets you gain 30HP per turn while you Sleep. If there is nothing better, go with 'Hibernate'

Also should do something about 69 大食 and 74 暴食
暴食 is the opposite of 小食, and 大食 is the ability that increases Hunger Gauge more.
Signature

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:30 AM »
66 身代 should be substitute, or dummy would work.
79 回避 wouldn't 'Evasion' be better?
80 打撃反射 I suggest 'Counter'
130 威光 This ability lets your weapon fire a ray. Find something better than Authority.
144 空振 makes you more likely to miss attacks. Should find something better than Air Wave.
145 目潰 I suggest 'Blind'
148 安眠 The ability lets you gain 30HP per turn while you Sleep. If there is nothing better, go with 'Hibernate'

Also should do something about 69 大食 and 74 暴食
暴食 is the opposite of 小食, and 大食 is the ability that increases Hunger Gauge more.

Hmm, okay, thanks for explaining the abilities.  I'm gonna have to think up of something better for 130/144, I got nothing on those x_x

Okay translation attempt 2:

130 威光 - Majestic Ray
144 空振  - "Striking out"? idiom for baseball. It kinda works.. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ja/wiki/空振り
148 安眠  - Restful/Quiet Sleep? I guess Hibernate would be better..
Did more looking up and couldn't find anything really better than "big eater" for 大食.  Or, I guess I should say I can't think of anything that will get  小食 and 暴食 as opposites and that as something else..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:52:09 AM by Sandrie »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »
65 104 162 節約 Reduces P usage when firing danmaku. I suggest using 'Conserve'. 'Saving' is somewhat weird.
87 126 184 弱点取得 It's the Sword of Hisou's ability. It should be Weakness Acquire ( or gain, get, obtain, ect).
208 番 It doesn't show up in the games anyway, but it is quite likely it means 'Keeper' (as in Gatekeeper, 門番)

73 112 170 地雷名張 I suggest using 'Blast-proof'.

If there is no way to fit 小食, 大食, 暴食,
Maybe we should use ones in the Motto!? Fushigi no Gensoukyo.
In that game, 大食 becomes 増量 and 暴食 becomes 大食.
Signature

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
暴食 means something like "eating too much" (gluttony?)
小食 means "eating very little" (anorexia?)

EDIT: 大食 means gluttony too... So I'm not sure for 暴食.

EDIT2:

208 番 It doesn't show up in the games anyway, but it is quite likely it means 'Keeper' (as in Gatekeeper, 門番)

Yes, 番 means "guard".

And for 祝, I think that means "prayer" instead of "curse".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:31:05 AM by Yoshika Miyako »

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »
2 more files.

I assume we translate 隙魔城 as "Gap Castle".

Script.ADV.ScriptMainStory05a: http://pastebin.com/UXXRYqj8
Script.ADV.ScriptMainStory05b: http://pastebin.com/QUrR9cCe
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:00:02 AM by Arknarok »

DennouNeko

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
Well, haven't heard any objections so Gap Castle is ok.

For some reason can't access pastebin right now... Will have to add these later.

Edit: Tried to access pastebin for about 1h, but the moment you say that something doesn't work it starts to work...
Added the files, will format the lines now.

Edit2: Had to take care of something else first, but finished relining the text. Shortened few lines, but no bigger problems.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:08:29 PM by DennouNeko »

« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2012, 04:30:59 PM »
Okay fixed most of my pastebin links.  Going to give another crack at find something that describes those hunger gauge abilities.
Perhaps for 大食, if there is a term for eating slowly (therefore making you more full with the same amount of food), we could use that even if that isn't the exact translation.
Then 小食 could be "small eater/appetite " and 暴食, could be "voracious" or something like that.

Also, about 祝, I really don't know still.  I looked it up on some kanji dictionaries and I get stuff like celebrate,congratulate,norito, blessing, etc but if the in game ability is that skull (cursed) then none of those really make sense. 

edit: changed magic reflect to magic counter while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:37:08 PM by Sandrie »