Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 57244 times)

Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »
>"Hmmm... think of it this way: I want to help her find a way to be content in her own life, without feeling the need to harm anyone else's. That is a tall order, to be sure, but the best way for everyone to have a safe future is if she no longer wants to take others' shadows."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »
>"Hmmm... think of it this way: I want to help her find a way to be content in her own life, without feeling the need to harm anyone else's. That is a tall order, to be sure, but the best way for everyone to have a safe future is if she no longer wants to take others' shadows."

>"Oh, so what's the plan with that?" Tenshi asks.

>_

« Reply #962 on: January 11, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »
>"Well, like I said, I'm hoping I can learn something that will helpful both to her and to us. And maybe some of it might even help sway her mind a little, when she hears it. Or, at the very least, my attempt to gather it on her behalf might foster some modicum of trust. Some of this may be a long shot, I admit, but it's the best shot I can think of at the moment. If it turns out not to matter, I'll just have to think of something else."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: January 11, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »
>"Well, like I said, I'm hoping I can learn something that will helpful both to her and to us. And maybe some of it might even help sway her mind a little, when she hears it. Or, at the very least, my attempt to gather it on her behalf might foster some modicum of trust. Some of this may be a long shot, I admit, but it's the best shot I can think of at the moment. If it turns out not to matter, I'll just have to think of something else."

>Tenshi nods. "Well, okay. I guess that makes sense. So what does she even want with all the shadows anyways? I thought she just took them so people couldn't get her."

>_

« Reply #964 on: January 11, 2011, 01:55:37 PM »
>"That is a large part of it, yes. But this does not explain the shadows of inanimate objects, who can neither know her nor speak of her. Suffice it to say, she believes it is absolutely vital that she keep them within her, and has an honestly understandable reason for wanting to do this, if her facts are true. This is what I intend to investigate. I would say more, but I swore to her that I would not, and I intend to honor my word. She started with the assumption that everything I said was a lie, and none of what I do matters unless she can trust me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: January 11, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
>"That is a large part of it, yes. But this does not explain the shadows of inanimate objects, who can neither know her nor speak of her. Suffice it to say, she believes it is absolutely vital that she keep them within her, and has an honestly understandable reason for wanting to do this, if her facts are true. This is what I intend to investigate. I would say more, but I swore to her that I would not, and I intend to honor my word. She started with the assumption that everything I said was a lie, and none of what I do matters unless she can trust me."

>"Eh, fine. Be that way," says Tenshi. "Though, uh, I dunno if I'd ask the Prismrivers anything. They're kind of dopes."

>_

« Reply #966 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »
>"I'm going to ask them about their early experiences as a poltergeists, what they know about how they came to be, and its connection with their continued existence here. On that topic of what it is like to live as a poltergeist, I'd say they are among the foremost experts in Gensokyo, wouldn't you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
>"I'm going to ask them about their early experiences as a poltergeists, what they know about how they came to be, and its connection with their continued existence here. On that topic of what it is like to live as a poltergeist, I'd say they are among the foremost experts in Gensokyo, wouldn't you?"

>"Maybe," she says. "But they're also kind of dumb. If you asked them something hard like that, they'd probably just shrug and stuff.  I'm just saying, though."

>_

« Reply #968 on: January 11, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
>"Well, it's worth a try, regardless. If they can't help me, then I'm no worse off than I am now. And it will be a more than welcome change to discuss the matter with someone less... hostile."
>"On that note, I wanted to thank you again, Tenshi. For coming back for me. And for being willing to step aside again. You don't know how much of a smile it brought to my spirit when I first realized you were there."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #969 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
>"Well, it's worth a try, regardless. If they can't help me, then I'm no worse off than I am now. And it will be a more than welcome change to discuss the matter with someone less... hostile."
>"On that note, I wanted to thank you again, Tenshi. For coming back for me. And for being willing to step aside again. You don't know how much of a smile it brought to my spirit when I first realized you were there."

>She shrugs. "If crazy got you, I'd probably get blamed for it anyways."

>_

« Reply #970 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
>Frown
>"I should certainly hope not. The call was mine and the consequences mine. You did more than was even asked of you, and if anyone had said otherwise, I would make quite certain to set the record straight as soon as I was able. You have my word on that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: January 11, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
>Frown
>"I should certainly hope not. The call was mine and the consequences mine. You did more than was even asked of you, and if anyone had said otherwise, I would make quite certain to set the record straight as soon as I was able. You have my word on that."

>"Yeah," says Tenshi, "but you'd have to be around for that to happen. Just a good thing you distracted her as long as you did."

>_

« Reply #972 on: January 11, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »
>"And a good thing she did not take the opportunity to steal my shadow when she did. I am sure it was extremely tempting. But the mere fact that she was willing to let me go on my word is a promising thing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: January 11, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
>"And a good thing she did not take the opportunity to steal my shadow when she did. I am sure it was extremely tempting. But the mere fact that she was willing to let me go on my word is a promising thing."

>"As long as she's not preparing a trap or something, I guess."

>_

« Reply #974 on: January 11, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
>"Why would she need a trap? She had my shadow in her hands. All she needed to do was pull a little harder. I'm not likely to be any more at her mercy than she already had me then."
>"In any case, I was thinking we'd stop in at Reimu's on our way north, and see if she can give us better directions, rather than flailing about in the general vicinity. After our encounter last night, I'm not expecting there will be any problems from her. Unless you can think of someone less touchy who might also know the way?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: January 11, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
>"Why would she need a trap? She had my shadow in her hands. All she needed to do was pull a little harder. I'm not likely to be any more at her mercy than she already had me then."
>"In any case, I was thinking we'd stop in at Reimu's on our way north, and see if she can give us better directions, rather than flailing about in the general vicinity. After our encounter last night, I'm not expecting there will be any problems from her. Unless you can think of someone less touchy who might also know the way?"

>"Because you're not the only problem she'll have," says Tenshi. "But whatever, if you say so then that's how it is."
>She shrugs. "Maybe there's some Prismriver fans in town that'd know."

>_

« Reply #976 on: January 11, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
>Do we know of any venues where they have tended to perform? And people who might have organized any of these ocassions?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »
>Do we know of any venues where they have tended to perform? And people who might have organized any of these ocassions?

>You know for certain they used to play at The Felt, and at several of the festivals at the various towns. You aren't sure who actually does the organizing for any of these. You suspect someone important in human town, kappa might do it by committee, or just expect someone to do it. You imagine Lord Tengu delegates someone to take care of events in tengu town.

>_

« Reply #978 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »
>"Well, I suppose it mightn't hurt to ask a couple people there anyway. It's occurred to me that Reimu may not respond well if she asks for details about why I want to speak with them that I have pledged not to provide. I don't want to give her any further excuse to believe we're hiding our own responsibility for this."
>Head to the human village

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: January 11, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »
>"Well, I suppose it mightn't hurt to ask a couple people there anyway. It's occurred to me that Reimu may not respond well if she asks for details about why I want to speak with them that I have pledged not to provide. I don't want to give her any further excuse to believe we're hiding our own responsibility for this."
>Head to the human village

>"Yeah, it's probably a bad idea to push her any further," says Tenshi.
>You make way toward the human village. Entering it, you find things seems fairly calm. A few people mill about, going through their daily routines. You see a couple of Celestials wandering about as well, looking at various things. A lone hen scratches in the dirt outside of the school, which you imagine may be in session right now. Looking upward, you can see a couple people floating around Orchard Island, which has shifted noticeably northeast from its position yesterday. Obvious exits are North 1, North 2, South, South 2, South 3, East, West, and Up.
>Tenshi glances toward the Tavern. "Oh, right. I was supposed to be in today. Oh well, Nazrin probably has it."

>_

« Reply #980 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
>"I was actually thinking of asking her. You have a rather good reason to be unavailable at the moment, but would you rather wait elsewhere?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #981 on: January 11, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
> Who owns/runs the tavern, anyway?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #982 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »
>"I was actually thinking of asking her. You have a rather good reason to be unavailable at the moment, but would you rather wait elsewhere?"

>"Yeah, I'll just wait around the edge of town," says Tenshi.

> Who owns/runs the tavern, anyway?

>It is owned by an older gentleman whose age prevents him from effectively keeping up with the customers anymore. He tends to take care of acquiring supplies these days.

>_

« Reply #983 on: January 11, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »
>"Fair enough. I'll return shortly."
>Head to the tavern

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »
>"Fair enough. I'll return shortly."
>Head to the tavern

>You head into the tavern.
>It is empty at this time of day, being too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. Standing behind the counter is a slim, woman with white hair decorated with various ribbons, wearing a light brown shirt, red overalls, and a bored expression. "C'mon in," she says as you enter. "Have a seat wherever you want."

>_
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:29:34 PM by Purvissimo »

« Reply #985 on: January 11, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »
>Do we recognize this woman?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: January 11, 2011, 08:03:02 PM »
>Do we recognize this woman?

>You might have seen her around town once or twice.

>_

« Reply #987 on: January 11, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
>"Actually, I was just hoping I could find someone who would be able to give me better directions than I already have. I don't suppose you know where the Prismrivers live? Or know someone I could ask?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: January 11, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
>"Actually, I was just hoping I could find someone who would be able to give me better directions than I already have. I don't suppose you know where the Prismrivers live? Or know someone I could ask?"

>"They're up around Hakugyokurou," she says. "Gonna have a grabass for your islands falling or something?"

>_

« Reply #989 on: January 11, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »
>"A... what? No, I just wanted to ask them a question or two. And not even about that."
>"Do you know if their place is hard to find if you wander up about in that area?"