Author Topic: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 57273 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest Sedem: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: January 10, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »
>"Well, generally when you approach someone assuming they're insane, they generally are no matter what they do. I decided to try to approach without such baggage, and it seems I've made some progress."

>"Huh?" says Tenshi, as she approaches.

>"She is... operating under a very different world view than most of us. Although I think many people would call such a thing crazy from our point of view, yes. But this is just a consequence of the knowledge and instinct that she was born with. From her perspective, what she does is sensible and right. Sadly..."

>"See, she's a fake," says Parsee.
>"Naw, she always says weird stuff like that," says Tenshi.
>"I'm just going to not shoot for now, okay?" Utsuho says, lowering her arm.
>"If she does something to my shadow I am not going to let you live it down Okuu!"

>_

« Reply #931 on: January 10, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
>"If any harm comes to your shadow, I will castigate myself in equal measure, I promise you. I have pledged to prevent anyone else from coming to harm at her hands."

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #932 on: January 10, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
> "If you still don't believe it's me, I have the plunger device that I talked to Renko about earlier today."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »
>"If any harm comes to your shadow, I will castigate myself in equal measure, I promise you. I have pledged to prevent anyone else from coming to harm at her hands."

>"Yeah, well...good." says Parsee.

> "If you still don't believe it's me, I have the plunger device that I talked to Renko about earlier today."

>"That's just Parsee," says Tenshi. "But you're alright, right?"

>_

« Reply #934 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »
>"I am unharmed. Although I was very cold for a very long length of time... It is a distinctly disturbing sensation, when she has her grip upon you. It is good to be back among friendly faces."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: January 10, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »
>"I am unharmed. Although I was very cold for a very long length of time... It is a distinctly disturbing sensation, when she has her grip upon you. It is good to be back among friendly faces."

>"So how'd you beat her?" Tenshi asks.

>_

« Reply #936 on: January 10, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »
>"I didn't, I said. She agreed to let me go, on the condition that we would meet again later. I'm hoping to find out a few relevant things about her and her shadows between now and then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: January 10, 2011, 11:13:49 PM »
>"I didn't, I said. She agreed to let me go, on the condition that we would meet again later. I'm hoping to find out a few relevant things about her and her shadows between now and then."

>Tenshi looks at you incredulously.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #938 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:42 PM »
> "I am doing this for the good of everyone involved. I cannot go into details because I have promised to respect her privacy, but I believe this can all be solved in such a way that works out for everyone - Nitori, Kogasa, our home, and yes, even her. Like I've said before, she does not act out of malice, and if putting myself in the hands of such a person means the chance to make everyone happy, I will gladly take that risk."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:40 PM »
> "I am doing this for the good of everyone involved. I cannot go into details because I have promised to respect her privacy, but I believe this can all be solved in such a way that works out for everyone - Nitori, Kogasa, our home, and yes, even her. Like I've said before, she does not act out of malice, and if putting myself in the hands of such a person means the chance to make everyone happy, I will gladly take that risk."

>"So this means it's a good thing Yuugi didn't come up here after all?" asks Parsee.

>_

« Reply #940 on: January 10, 2011, 11:42:22 PM »
>"Assuming she would be put out to be asked to refrain from using force, perhaps so. Would that this situation could be resolved as simply as that. But the spectre is extremely resolute in her beliefs, and I do not know that any amount of force could compel her to release her hold on the shadows. I still see hope for a better resolution. While such hope exists, I am determined to pursue it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:28 AM »
>"Assuming she would be put out to be asked to refrain from using force, perhaps so. Would that this situation could be resolved as simply as that. But the spectre is extremely resolute in her beliefs, and I do not know that any amount of force could compel her to release her hold on the shadows. I still see hope for a better resolution. While such hope exists, I am determined to pursue it."

>"Yeah, I kinda couldn't find her. She's out using force on someone else in the city." Parsee shrugs. "You know how it is."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #942 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »
> "Hopefully she's doing it to someone whose name is on that list she gave me. I feel kinda bad about it, but I'm having second thoughts about agreeing to do that. This whole ordeal has given me even more of an appreciation for life than I already had...I don't think I have it in me to simply beat someone up for the sake of sending a message."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:25 AM »
> "Hopefully she's doing it to someone whose name is on that list she gave me. I feel kinda bad about it, but I'm having second thoughts about agreeing to do that. This whole ordeal has given me even more of an appreciation for life than I already had...I don't think I have it in me to simply beat someone up for the sake of sending a message."

>"I'll do it," says Tenshi. "Sounds like fun!"
>"I think we're getting a bit off topic," says Utsuho. "What are you going to do to resolve this?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #944 on: January 11, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »
> "My current itinerary is to head up to Kanako, and learn as much as I can about the nature of shadows from her. After that, I need to find a Prismriver sister, who I can ask about life as a poltergeist. I don't know where they live, so I will probably ask Kanako about that as well, unless any of you happen to know. Once I am done with them, I will be meeting our shadowy friend at our designated meeting place, and regardless of what happens between now and then, I will be meeting her alone. Given that, I would like to meet with Tenshi in private before I leave here, but that can wait until it is time to go."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:57:02 AM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:32 AM »
> "My current itinerary is to head up to Kanako, and learn as much as I can about the nature of shadows from her. After that, I need to find a Prismriver sister, who I can ask about life as a poltergeist. I don't know where they live, so I will probably ask Kanako about that as well, unless any of you happen to know. Once I am done with them, I will be meeting our shadowy friend at our designated meeting place, and regardless of what happens between now and then, I will be meeting her alone. Given that, I would like to meet with Tenshi in private before I leave here, but that can wait until it is time to go."

>"So, just to check, you don't need us anymore?" says Parsee.
>"I think the Prismrivers are up in the mountains, somewhere," Tenshi says. "To the north of town, I think?"

>_

« Reply #946 on: January 11, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
>"No, I don't think so. I won't need to search for her the next time, and I'm not planning to overpower her if I can possibly help it. I would still be cautious, however. She has not changed her tune a great deal from the last time."
>How large a somewhere are said mountains? Given that the building we'd be trying to find is relatively large.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »
>"No, I don't think so. I won't need to search for her the next time, and I'm not planning to overpower her if I can possibly help it. I would still be cautious, however. She has not changed her tune a great deal from the last time."
>How large a somewhere are said mountains? Given that the building we'd be trying to find is relatively large.

>"We'll stick around," Utsuho says.
>"Loosely, anyways," says Parsee. "Been stuck here too much lately."
>The mountains cover pretty much the entire eastern front of Gensokyo. You know they extend as far as the Sanzu River to the north, you're not so sure about the south.

>_

« Reply #948 on: January 11, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
>Do we know the general area the Prismrivers live in more specifically than what Tenshi said?
>Do we know anyone off the top of our head that would probably be more likely to?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »
>Do we know the general area the Prismrivers live in more specifically than what Tenshi said?
>Do we know anyone off the top of our head that would probably be more likely to?

>Not specifically, but you suspect they would dwell near Hakugyokurou.
>Many of the people involved with the stolen spring incident might know, you're quite sure they were in the region.

>_

« Reply #950 on: January 11, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »
>We do know how to reach the Netherworld, correct?
>How out of the way is Reimu's, between here and there?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: January 11, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
>We do know how to reach the Netherworld, correct?
>How out of the way is Reimu's, between here and there?

>You do.
>You could probably stop in on the way.

>_

« Reply #952 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
>"How've Nitori and Kogasa been, anyway? Any change? Nitori seemed a little more aware than before, when I spoke with her last night, but I suspect that was simply due to our conversation last night, and her learning what had happened to her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: January 11, 2011, 10:42:10 AM »
>"How've Nitori and Kogasa been, anyway? Any change? Nitori seemed a little more aware than before, when I spoke with her last night, but I suspect that was simply due to our conversation last night, and her learning what had happened to her."

>"Well, they've not been causing any trouble," says Utsuho. "Gave 'em breakfast a little while ago. They didn't seem any worse, at least."

>_

« Reply #954 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:46 AM »
>Nod
>"Fair enough."
>"Well, we should probably best be going. The sooner I can put all of this to rest, the better."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #955 on: January 11, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »
>Nod
>"Fair enough."
>"Well, we should probably best be going. The sooner I can put all of this to rest, the better."

>"We'll be around," says Utsuho. "Though Maribel and Renko will probably take the chance to run off again."

>_

« Reply #956 on: January 11, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
>"Very good. Hopefully this can be a quiet day for most of us. Be well."
>Leave and start to head towards the Hakurei Shrine, assuming Tenshi falls in with us

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »
>"Very good. Hopefully this can be a quiet day for most of us. Be well."
>Leave and start to head towards the Hakurei Shrine, assuming Tenshi falls in with us

>You say your goodbyes and depart. Tenshi does indeed follow you out. "Okay, so what's the real plan?" she asks.

>_

« Reply #958 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »
>"As I said, I am planning to speak with the Prismrivers and Kanako, in the hope that they have information that I can use to help end this. About the nature of shadows, and what it means to exist as a poltergeist.The spectre believes that holding onto those shadows is necessary, for more reasons than simply the matter of her own exposure. I want to find an alternate answer to that problem, so that she might consider letting them go."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
>"As I said, I am planning to speak with the Prismrivers and Kanako, in the hope that they have information that I can use to help end this. About the nature of shadows, and what it means to exist as a poltergeist.The spectre believes that holding onto those shadows is necessary, for more reasons than simply the matter of her own exposure. I want to find an alternate answer to that problem, so that she might consider letting them go."

>"That's a little difficult to understand, but okay," says Tenshi.

>_