Author Topic: Font issues with PCB  (Read 2254 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Font issues with PCB
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:24:08 PM »
Perfect Cherry Blossom seems to have picked a really odd font to use on my desktop at home- some wide typewriter-like font that doesn't support symbols and is too wide to display most of the text correctly. Any way to change it?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Re: Font issues with PCB
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:37:19 AM »
Perfect Cherry Blossom seems to have picked a really odd font to use on my desktop at home- some wide typewriter-like font that doesn't support symbols and is too wide to display most of the text correctly. Any way to change it?

Did you install the font that came with the English patch? (Or says that it wants? I think it was MSPGothic or something similar, I cant remember.) You'll need to install that font if you want to see the text properly.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
Hmm, no, I don't have it. I should go look for it, I guess...

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:48:06 AM »
I believe that it just used MSGothic. It should warn you if you try to english patch it if you don't have it. It should be in your fonts folder. Is the computer in a Japanese locale at all?

EDIT: Oh wait, is that system Linux, as I see on the OS for the posts? That might be why. (never had experience in that OS though)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:51:20 AM »
It's not... English computer and business.
I patched a long time ago on my old desktop, so I didn't get such a warning.

Worth noting is that before I had this font installed, it used Courier New, so I dunno :I

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »
I think my Win98 uses that font. I know that when I got Win7 the font in PCB was different. The 98 gives me such a warning because back then Windows had no multi-language support at all. (English won't support Japanese) It was odd though that EoSD gave me the same warning, and doesn't here, but the font is the same anyway.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>