Author Topic: I, LOLI - Cyborg Quest?! [Complete]  (Read 40556 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: I, LOLI - Cyborg Quest?!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2011, 03:43:27 AM »
> Inquire about the other youkai in the region. They could have useful abilities to assimilate.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2011, 05:44:22 AM »
>Complete stat screen with attack sheet and SP commands.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
>Contemplate data we have on our surroundings.
>Give Sango the designation: Current Dolphin
>Examine capacity for copied abilities.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »
> Inquire about the other youkai in the region. They could have useful abilities to assimilate.
> "Hm. There's a curse god around the mountain who might be handy. And a rogue kappa engineer who's apparently running a store with some nice profits. They could both give you excellent abilities, but if the opportunity arises to apprehend Tororetsu do so immediately."
She turns especially stern during the end of the last sentence.

>Contemplate data we have on our surroundings.
>Give Sango the designation: Current Dolphin
>Examine capacity for copied abilities.
> You are in an underground facility beneath the Mountain of Youkai. It seems hastily constructed, but fully functional. Not up to nuclear power yet.
> You hope that defeating Sango will earn you the Phwee Wave or another powerful attack along those lines.
> The LOLI engine is able to learn from almost any magical proficiency in Gensokyo, though it usually produces only an inferior copy. It cannot create danmaku, however.

>"Understood....mother."
>Bid your creator a goodbye hug.
> Rikako goes red in the face as you hug her. You are slightly curious as to the reason for this response, as you are not particularly warm, nor does her breath indicate any sign of alcohol overdose.
"Y-Yes, well. Good luck, Rou-tan."

>Initiate Mission.
>Dive off into a provided pool that connects into an underwater shaft into an outside water-place.
> You have a schematic of the facility downloaded into your memory banks already, so it's no difficulty finding the exit. The less-waterproof parts of your armour retract, revealing the waterproof coating underneath. You note a similarity in the names - SANGO-MD Prototype? Perhaps Rikako's grudge is just that far into her head.
> Fin-like appendages extend out of your feet as you enter the water and begin making your way through the underwater tunnel. The journey will take a while, so you have plenty of time to plan.

> Search database for information on Target: Tororetsu, Sango.
> Search for combat programs and subroutines.
> Search for deception programs and subroutines.
> SUBJECT: TORORETSU, SANGO
POWER: MANIPULATION OF WATER PURITY
COMBAT ABILITY: POOR
THREAT: HARMLESS IF ALONE, DANGEROUS IF ACCOMPANIED

> You have no combat subroutines. Clearly Rikako didn't want you killing Sango before bringing her back. The best you have is a knock-out dart currently hidden in your left arm, but it's very short-range and you only have one.
> Deception is perhaps a luckier avenue. Most obviously, you have mo.exe - a program designed solely to replicate the most adorable [that is literally what the manual says] features of a girl your age. It may be possible to lure her in with that sort of deception, but it's not something you're exactly familiar with.

>Complete stat screen with attack sheet and SP commands.
>I'm sorry, the LOLI engine has no graphical interface.
You have physical attacks - on par with a youkai based on sheer mechanical strength - but nothing else.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:20:53 PM by Rou, You Can »

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2011, 11:30:45 PM »
> Locate a target to test the capabilities of mo.exe. Check to see if our databanks has any information on the rogue kappa engineer: as a shop owner, she should be relatively easy to find.

Well, that explains why Rikako built a little girl: she's a lolicon. Better watch out, Rou-tan!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 02:00:38 AM »
> Assess how to develop danmaku ability. If we're gonna survive in Gensokyo, this is necessary.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2011, 05:11:37 AM »
Well, that explains why Rikako built a little girl: she's a lolicon. Better watch out, Rou-tan!

Rikako has a posse.

>Assess vulnerability to water impurities.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »
> Assess how to develop danmaku ability. If we're gonna survive in Gensokyo, this is necessary.

> Nay, look up info on JC Denton and add sub-quest: find nano-augmentation canisters.

> Swim on in oppaibreaststroke. Rou-tan's eyes are waterproof, right?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2011, 07:33:12 AM »
>Info about defensive abilities: If we want to return in one piece to our beloved master we need to know how to do it.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 12:17:50 AM »
> Locate a target to test the capabilities of mo.exe. Check to see if our databanks has any information on the rogue kappa engineer: as a shop owner, she should be relatively easy to find.

> ACCESSING DATABASE...RECORD FOUND.

NAME: KAWASHIRO, NITORI
RACE: KAPPA
OCCUPATION: ENGINEER/SALESWOMAN OF INVENTIONS AND AQUATIC GOODS
POWER: MANIPULATION OF WATER
THREAT: MODERATE. DO NOT ANTAGONISE AND SHE SHOULD BE OF NO RISK.

Apparently she's also the closest known resident to you right now, so she might be good to test this program on.

> Danmaku is inherently a skill based on magic. You currently work solely on mechanical means - you wouldn't be able to fire more than one or two bullets at a time without having a dozen cannons installed in your arms. And when your arms are this small, there isn't enough room for that.

>Assess vulnerability to water impurities.
>The water is at its most toxic near the laboratory, and grows purer the more you leave. Fortunately, the waterproof coating is also sufficient to protect you from these, and should be able to withstand at least a fair amount of physical damage should you end up in combat.

> Nay, look up info on JC Denton and add sub-quest: find nano-augmentation canisters.

> Swim on in oppaibreaststroke. Rou-tan's eyes are waterproof, right?
> JC DENTON NOT FOUND, BUT NANO-AUGMENTATION CANISTERS SOUND INTERESTING ENOUGH TO BE ADDED TO THE DATABASE.
> Rikako isn't the sort to make an oversight like that. You can't make out much in this dark water, but making your way forward is easy enough.
Eventually, you make your way out of the tunnel, surfacing in a lake just beyond the mountain. You can make out a large building in the distance, most likely Kawashiro's store. You now have a choice to make - redeploy the 'maid' segment of your armour before entering and claim to be connected with the Scarlet Devil Mansion, or stay in SKMZ form and play to her strengths. Note also that Rikako hasn't given you any money, so you can't buy anything from the kappa...

>Info about defensive abilities: If we want to return in one piece to our beloved master we need to know how to do it.
>Again, you can withstand a decent amount of damage as a bonus from the waterproof covering. However, if it should be punctured, attempting to dive again will likely end in short-circuiting and outright system failure, so avoid damage if possible.
More helpfully, you have the shrink unit as well. It can be used to at least distract an opponent long enough to make an escape, or sneak through some unseen opening.
If all else fails, you might try mo.exe. Perhaps a well-timed pout or sorrowful tear will cause an opponent to drop their guard?

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2011, 12:25:21 AM »
> Keep SKMZ mode deployed, as we do not yet know how capable mo.exe is.
> Enter Kawashiro's store.

So, idea for our dolphin acquisition plan: we go to Sango, tell her that our "mother" really really wants to meet her, but there's all this icky water in the tunnel. Sango comes with us, we lead her into "mother"'s lair, and when Sango tries to run or whatever we hit her with the tranq.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:43:26 AM by Sect »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »
> Danmaku is inherently a skill based on magic. You currently work solely on mechanical means - you wouldn't be able to fire more than one or two bullets at a time without having a dozen cannons installed in your arms. And when your arms are this small, there isn't enough room for that.
Even so, perhaps you could develop some mode of technology to generate energy bullets or something. If there's a hitbox, there's a way!

> Look at inventory of store once you enter.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
>Danmaku is for weak American dolphins! If we needed danmaku, we would be built with it! Instead we shall prosper on our trickery and guiles and such.
>Greet Kawashiro if she's about.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
>In conjuction with mo.exe: "I'm sorry Miss Kappa for what I said earlier? Will you forgive me?"
>If yes: Cute smile "Thank you!"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 12:20:48 AM »
>You enter the kappa's workshop-slash-emporium. The shelves here line up various goods in an almost arbitrary order - almost half of them seem to be filled with various swimsuits, diving gear and the like. The remaining shelves are helpfully labelled as 'Other' and contain more or less any other invention that the kappa's come up with. You'd need a thorough look to list these - and better yet, to determine what they actually are.

DEPLOY GREETING 'Good morning, most helpful and philanthropic merchant.'

"Morning there! Welcome to Kawashiro's - you name it, I build it! What're you up fo-huh."

A voice starts up from behind the counter, confident at first, but dying down as its owner enters the room. Relatively tall (by your standards at least), she's wearing a blue dress with countless pockets along the bottom. A key is strapped to her chest, and a modern-looking green cap covers her hair. You wonder for a moment what's beneath that hat, until you determine that this line of thought is ineffective at resolving your current mission.

Kawashiro pouts as she looks at you.

"You look a little young to be here. What's a girl your age doing throwing around words like philanthropic?"

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 12:30:04 AM »
> Run Program: scan.bat on Target: Nitori Kawashiro.
> Create reminder that adult kappa are disconcerted when younger looking creatures use difficult words.
> Run mo.exe.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:34 AM »
> Execute shrug.exe.
> "I have a big vocabulary."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:49:18 AM by Kasunagi-no-Tsurugi »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 01:35:07 AM »
>Do the Funky Chicken.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »
> Say "I'm really 1500 years old."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:17 AM »
>Do the Funky Chicken.

teaspit.jpg

> "Take me to your leader"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 12:23:02 AM »
> Run Program: scan.bat on Target: Nitori Kawashiro.
> Create reminder that adult kappa are disconcerted when younger looking creatures use difficult words.
> Run mo.exe.

> LOLI ENGINE ACTIVATED.
AVAILABLE SKILLS:
FRIENDSHIP [HUMAN]: FRIENDLY CONVERSATIONS WITH HUMANS BECOME EASIER, BUT DAMAGE AGAINST THEM DECREASES.
LIKE A FISH: SWIMMING SPEEDS DOUBLED, NO PENALTIES FOR ANY UNDERWATER ACTION.

> REMINDER ADDED TO NOTES.

> RUNNING MO.EXE...

> Your stance changes ever-so-slightly. You're less rigid, more believable, more human for lack of a better word. Kawashiro blinks once, puzzled.

> Execute shrug.exe.
> "I have a big vocabulary."
> At least, you attempt to do the above, but now that mo.exe is active these actions are reinterpreted to fit the programs idea of adorability. You slump your shoulders and twiddle your thumbs, pouting.
"Sowwy. I just like using big words. They sound smart."
Nitori is again taken aback by this change in behaviour, but it doesn't seem like she's averse to it. She blushes slightly, and a hand reaches out to pat you on the head.

>Do the Funky Chicken.
> At least, until you start clucking like a little kid and running around the shelves. THAT'S enough to cause Nitori to burst out laughing. You're not sure if she's laughing with you or at you.

> Say "I'm really 1500 years old."
> This comes out as a blatantly obvious lie. You pout a little deeper.
"Hehe, heh...yeah, sure. If you're that old, I figure I'd have recognised you by now. Especially in a getup like that - you get it from a kappa or something?"

> "Take me to your leader"
> Spoken in an alien monotone thanks to mo.exe. Nitori smirks.
"I'm my own leader, y'know? It's freaking awesome. I work whatever hours I want, make enough money to get by, and I've got plenty of time to lounge off and go for a swim. You'd need to experience it yourself, Miss...uh, what was your name again?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »
> "Rou~"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2011, 12:31:03 AM »
>"I require all data you have on the youkai: Current Dolphin at once."

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2011, 12:31:22 AM »
Dear god Rou-tan's out of her flippin' gourd.

> Download Ability: Friendship [Human] from Target: Nitori Kawashiro.
> Add addendum to reminder that kappa like young children to speak abnormally.
> "Mommy calls me Rou-tan~♥!"
> Search databanks to see what causes older women and kappa to blush at the sight of significantly younger females.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:32:58 AM by Sect »

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
>In conjuction with mo.exe: "I'm sorry Miss Kappa for what I said earlier, I'm not yet stable.... will you forgive me?"
>If yes: Cute smile "Thank you!"
Modified.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:23 PM »
>"I require all data you have on the youkai: Current Dolphin at once."
> Translation: "Can you tell me a story about the Current Dolphin?"
Nitori seems puzzled at first, then the realisation hits her.
"Ohh, you mean Tororetsu-san? Yeah, I know her. Good girl, just about. Bright, cheerful, though maybe not the cleverest of the bunch."

Dear god Rou-tan's out of her flippin' gourd.

> Download Ability: Friendship [Human] from Target: Nitori Kawashiro.
> Add addendum to reminder that kappa like young children to speak abnormally.
> "Mommy calls me Rou-tan~♥!"
> Search databanks to see what causes older women and kappa to blush at the sight of significantly younger females.
> YOU NOW FIND HUMANS STRANGELY AMIABLE. CONGRATULATIONS.

> NOTE ADDED TO REMINDERS.

> "She does, does she? Well, that's a cute name."
Nitori pats you on the head for real now that you've stopped doing the Funky Chicken.

> RESEARCH SUGGESTS THAT CUTE VERBAL TICS ARE LIKELY TO PROMOTE EMOTIONAL RESPONSE.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »
>Consider verbal tics
>"So-so-so- you are s-s-s-s-saying that Current Dolphin-phin-phin-in-in-in-in-n-n-n-n-n-n-n  is a foo-o-o-o-o-o-o-lllll?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2011, 01:40:55 AM »
> Ignore stuttering verbal tic.
> Add "myu" to the end of every sentence.

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
> And hearts.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2011, 10:47:06 PM »
>Consider verbal tics
>"So-so-so- you are s-s-s-s-saying that Current Dolphin-phin-phin-in-in-in-in-n-n-n-n-n-n-n  is a foo-o-o-o-o-o-o-lllll?"
>You shudder around a little. Maybe Rikako still has a bug or two to fix after all. Nitori looks at you rather strangely.
"Well, uh...don't tell her I said that. She's good at what she does, yeah, but not the most book-smart person around. Why do you wanna know so much about her, anyway?"

> Ignore stuttering verbal tic.
> Add "myu" to the end of every sentence.
> And hearts.
>Self-repair kicks in and deals with the fault.
> Your processors need a little time to determine how exactly to pronounce the sound of a heart. Eventually, they deduce the answer, and add this new suffix to your database. You test it quickly, with a small sentence.
"This store is pretty big, myu~♥."
Nitori blushes again at the sound of your voice, shrugging it off.
"W-Well, I ended up coming into a lot of money a little while back. It was Sango who helped me get it, actually, but it's a long story. Way too complicated for a little girl like you.
Actually, while you're here, you gonna buy anything? I see you've got a swimsuit already, but I can probably find something a little flashier in your size."