Author Topic: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 44732 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »
BGM:  The World is Wrong.
BGM:  Fusion Set Get
BGM:  Escape from the Institute
BGM:  Goddess Battle

Hooray~  God I love these adventures so much.   :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
>How would we have been able to discover the significance of the flowers? Did Utsuhou even know about the previous flower incident in Gensokyo?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
1. While fighting a mecha would have been cool, letting her get to the jet would have been against common sense, also we didn't like her that much at that moment

2. Darn that would have made things so much easier

> Battle Music, also the one for the missed mecha fight

> Event Music

Quite
And yes. I am surprised no one picked up on it. If anyone had thought about it at all, post awakening, I would have pointed out it reminded Utsuho of the time ages ago when there were flowers all over the Ancient City.

>BGM: Back Alley Brawling
>BGM: Hero of the Old World
>BGM: Between Heaven and Earth
>BGM: EOT Dawn

I actually wish we could go through that fight now V_V
*requests ability to fight EX-Boss*

>Consider going back in time to get another ending.
>Like world fusion.

Some ideas may recur.

> Who was the green-haired bus driver?

>Daiyousei Mima with a new hairdo. Had you paid attention, you would have heard her muttering imprecations to herself the whole time.
BGM:  The World is Wrong.
BGM:  Fusion Set Get
BGM:  Escape from the Institute
BGM:  Goddess Battle

Hooray~  God I love these adventures so much.   :3

>BGM: The World is Wrong
>BGM: Unleashing the Limits of Mind and Body
>BGM: Escaping the SCP

=3

>How would we have been able to discover the significance of the flowers? Did Utsuhou even know about the previous flower incident in Gensokyo?

>Trying to remember it. The flower incident, as far as I'm concerned, was Gensokyo-wide.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
> Did Rinnosuke have some Gensokyoan artifacts in his backroom?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
>Could Keine have actually made any surgical alterations to the restored timeline if we'd asked her to?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »
>Where is Kisume and what is she doing? She the only person from SA that haven't appeared I think?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2010, 02:22:18 PM »
> Did Rinnosuke have some Gensokyoan artifacts in his backroom?

>A few. But what he was mostly hiding was a lot of stolen goods.

>Could Keine have actually made any surgical alterations to the restored timeline if we'd asked her to?

>Yes, but you'd have to make a really good case for it, as she stated it's not something you just do.

>Where is Kisume and what is she doing? She the only person from SA that haven't appeared I think?

>She was the hobo on the rollerboard in the backalley behind the pawn shop.

>_

« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
>What would we have found if we'd investigated that 'ghost' who supposedly walks on water during the new moon?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »
>What would we have found if we'd investigated that 'ghost' who supposedly walks on water during the new moon?

>Essence of Nitori. I hadn't decided quite what it would look like or how it would act, yet.

>_

« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
>So, does that mean it would have been possible to get Nitori as an ally in all this, after all?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2010, 03:23:19 PM »
>So, does that mean it would have been possible to get Nitori as an ally in all this, after all?

>Yep.

>_

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
>What was the mechanical arm in the institute suppose to be?

« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »
>What were Yumemi and that guard whispering about among themselves the first time we went to the institute?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
>What was the mechanical arm in the institute suppose to be?

>That was a remnant of the Construct, who was the EX Boss of Reisen Quest.

>What were Yumemi and that guard whispering about among themselves the first time we went to the institute?

>Yumemi was trying to get the guard to look the other way toward letting Parsee inside. The reference toward capturing was if you acted up, they could just thrown you in jail for a bit to scare you straight.

>_

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
> Was there a time limit?

« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »
>Would it have been possible to meet Keine around the university, earlier? And would that have triggered a similar recognition from Stargazer?

>What would have happened if we'd botched things and just plain lost to Kanako and Suwako?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
> Was there a time limit?

>Sort of. Once the Foundation was raided, you started a death counter before things got bad.

>Would it have been possible to meet Keine around the university, earlier? And would that have triggered a similar recognition from Stargazer?

>What would have happened if we'd botched things and just plain lost to Kanako and Suwako?

>Yes, and yes. But, if it was before Utsuho had awakened, Keine's reaction would have been closer to Orin's. Stargazer managed to awaken as well when Utsuho did, but she didn't really know it or understand it, due to not being incomplete.

>_

« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »
>So essentially, she might have been another ally, but we still would have had to retrieve our stuff from the institute before she could do anything fancy?
>Wait... if Stargazer wasn't joined to us when we awakened, would Keine actually have been affected at all by us getting our fusion gear back, in this scenario?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »
>So essentially, she might have been another ally, but we still would have had to retrieve our stuff from the institute before she could do anything fancy?
>Wait... if Stargazer wasn't joined to us when we awakened, would Keine actually have been affected at all by us getting our fusion gear back, in this scenario?

>Not even that. She'd have to awaken on her own. Stargazer just managed to do it because she was joined with you when you did it.
>No. Keine would have been on her own.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2010, 11:44:27 PM »
> If we proved Kanako and Suwako wrong, would they have been more willing to fix things? Or would one of them be hesitent to fight? if so, who?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
> If we proved Kanako and Suwako wrong, would they have been more willing to fix things? Or would one of them be hesitent to fight? if so, who?

>If you had beaten the EX Boss and brought up the incident, you might have talked your way out of the fight entirely. At the very least, they wouldn't have fought to unconsciousness.
>If you only brought the flower stuff, it wouldn't have swayed Suwako, but Kanako wouldn't have fought to the point of unconsciousness.
>If you only the EX Boss, neither would have fought to the point of unconsciousness.
>If you had successfully gone through the SCP data and convinced them their changed had caused a surge of Keter Class objects, it would have swayed Kanako, and put Suwako on the edge.

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2010, 12:03:31 AM »
> How did you determine how much we would have to hit them to KO them? Did you give them HP and a power for our attacks or something like that?
> Would the EX Boss have been as strong or stronger then Kanako+Suwako or would it have been weaker?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2010, 12:38:52 AM »
> How did you determine how much we would have to hit them to KO them? Did you give them HP and a power for our attacks or something like that?
> Would the EX Boss have been as strong or stronger then Kanako+Suwako or would it have been weaker?

>I wing damage to a great deal. Generally, its "Do I feel this was enough to break an attack?" Utsuho, though, hits for fucktonnes with her charge attacks.
>Stronger, but due to being only one thing, not so bad. You would have needed to fight it more traditionally. And maybe draw upon Shadow of the Colossus.

>)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:12 AM »
> Why would beating JetSanae convince Kanako and Suwako to knock it off? Wouldn't they be even MORE pissed at us?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »
Late from the ending party due to day long travel home.

As always, it was an excellent adventure, though I felt that the last battle and ending was lacking. Now that I know about the Ex Boss, I see why. :V

Also:

> How many romance routes have been planned? Was Parsee's planned, or that just gone as it went?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:58:31 AM by 偶然の妖精陰陽師 »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
> Why would beating JetSanae convince Kanako and Suwako to knock it off? Wouldn't they be even MORE pissed at us?

>It would not have made them less upset, but it would have made them more receptive to accepting defeat. Sanae would have been able to fulfill her dream, defeated or not, and thus they wouldn't be quite so impassioned to carry on.

>You would have woken up, disarmed and missing a kidney, in the Moriya Shrine.

>_

Late from the ending party due to day long travel home.

As always, it was an excellent adventure, though I felt that the last battle and ending was lacking. Now that I know about the Ex Boss, I see why. :V

Also:

> How many romance routes have been planned? Was Parsee's planned, or that just gone as it went?

The Ending was threadbare partially due to the fact I let you play the ending. Normally, I would have summarized it all up past Keine starting her work. Also, because of the placement of Maribel Quest, which didn't allow for longterm resolutions.
>I had a few obvious ones in mind: I figured it would come down to Yamame, Maribel, or Nitori. Maybe Orin.  Parsee was originally meant to be an assistant NPC akin to Nitori and the Spirit Club. I never originally intended her to go out travelling with youse.

>_