Author Topic: Filler Mafia - Day 5  (Read 43311 times)

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: Filler Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
I see that you are mainly interested in defending yourself than identifying scum.  IMO that's a scum mindset.
You are not entirely incorrect, but that's not here nor there.

@Serela my empty unvote was due to me thinking of whom out of 3 lurkers i should have voted for. Plus we still have an entire day to decide.

Also my head hurts from reading Sky/DNA argument.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
Thank you for your clarification, yet I still have my reservations, which I hope that you can also response to.

So does your own reason for voting CF7 basically comes down to 'he seems to knows my secret insider information, therefore he's suspicious'? Because that is the impression I get. Then what you're doing is precisely to substantiate a given conclusion (CF7 is weird) by coming with reasoning on the fly (CF7 seems to be apologizing for his vote), that itself is highly subjective and inaccurate, so while I can now sympathize with where you come from, I still cannot agree.

Meanwhile, my responses to your accusations

1. Dormio stated specifically he was ignoring me, he initially questioned if I was contradicting myself, yet after I explained myself he has still not yet shown any signs of acknowledgement to my response, so the only logical conclusion I can derive from that is either he accepted or he's holding his word, and whichever outcome it was, I have obviously no further need to justify myself again when I already have.

Or were you referring to how I wasn't quoting dormios wall against CF7 and attempting to dismantle it word by word? That's called getting the gist of things. I don't have to jump logical hoops from day 1 because making faulty logic doesnt equate scum. In fact, why should I? I stated over and over again that their argument isn't indicative of anything, that's my stance, and your repeated insistence that I must devote unnecessary time to further clog up the thread is  rather disturbing behavior coming from town, as walling only ever generates apathy and makes it easier for town to overlook scumslips, giving scum an easier time to nudge town in the wrong direction.

Oh BTW, by CF7 'sheeping sky' statement, you couldn't possibly be referring to this, could you?
Shipping Sky. RVS is kinda a thing, and while it's usually a mess, it's a necessary evil.
##Unvote
##Vote Murrin

Because to me or possibly anyone else it looks just like harmless RVS and it should be viewed that way, it doesn't even come remotely close to evidence as dedicated support for your 'outside meta', like come on, it seems to me that you are just exaggerating the support of CF7 on you, not to mention that statement was totally outdated and before dormio even questioned CF7.

No idea why you believe its okay to cite outside meta that requires significant effort to even verify. I mean, say if I know CF7 in real life, and I proceed to claim ingame that his behavior is totally weird ingame and vote him to accomplish whatever objective, I believe that you too would feel suspicious even when CF7 'confirms' that I do know him IRL. You see my point? That's how I feel right now.

Summating! You seems to still be dedicated to  the art of misrepresentation and the objective of clogging up the thread which generates apathetic townies. I initially voted you based on your lack of independent analysis (only sheeping dormio) and usage of shady info (outside meta), and with one more reason down my belt now, yeah, I am pretty confident with where my vote stands.

Ninjad by two posts, response later
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Re: Filler Mafia - Confirmation Phase
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »
I'm skeptical of DNA's motives because this push if his started out as supposedly that I am coasting through the game, and that supposedly my posting style this game is supposed to encourage town apathy. 
It's now changed to 'Sky's vote was just sheeping Dormio."
However, DNA didn't establish why it was bad to sheep Dormio, but ok for CF7 to sheep Sky.  Sheeping is itself not an automatic scum tell, either.

At this stage I'm wondering why my I've spent more time arguing with DNA over my vote than CF7.  I'll sleep on it.

Okay what
People, real quick, please hear me out.

this is what sky meant by 'cf7 is sheeping him'
Shipping Sky. RVS is kinda a thing, and while it's usually a mess, it's a necessary evil.
##Unvote
##Vote Murrin

That's RVS, its not even to be supposed to be taken seriously, that doesn't constitute a double standard, okay wait, here's an example.

1. I dislike using sheeping as an excuse to coast to endphase
2. sky and cf7 both sheep consistently through the day
3. Only sky is accused

That above is a double standard

1. I forbid sheeping
2. Cf7 makes a joke about sheeping, goes back to producing content immediately
3. Sky sheeps, and is still defending his position
4. I accuse sky of sheeping

That above is what that has actually happened this game, thusly I don't have the obligation to account for the strawman you raised against me

Really late here, night

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
@Serela my empty unvote was due to me thinking of whom out of 3 lurkers i should have voted for. Plus we still have an entire day to decide.
Doesn't have a vote, because trying to decide which 'lurker' to vote in ED1, that's even more reason to vote you in itself :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

CF7

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:14 PM »
Doesn't have a vote, because trying to decide which 'lurker' to vote in ED1, that's even more reason to vote you in itself :V
How about you then? Jumping on a player with the most votes with a tenuous reasoning at best. At that's practically all of your content up to this point.
##Vote Selery.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2015, 07:20:35 PM »
Tenuous reasoning. Empty unvoting is bad, when prodded you said you weren't sure which lurker you wanted to vote for. Lurkers? You're trying to decide which lurker to vote for this early in the game? That's RVS jokevote tier right there. I'm p.content with my vote on you.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

I understand you think it's bad but you need to explain why it's bad and also why it's a scum move.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »
do people really have to be explained to why lurkerhunting in ed1 is Not A Good Thing? "let's vote this person who hasn't posted a lot in the first 40 hours of the game instead of having to, you know, actually do something productive to game state that requires a thought process that I'll be held accountable for"

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2015, 07:43:09 PM »
Something has happened!

Phase now ends in 49 hours and 47 minutes.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2015, 07:43:28 PM »
I mean I love murdering lurkers in mid-d2 onwards but you can't even truly define someone as a lurker this early in the gam-oh huh well that's a thing. Probably for the best!

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
CF7 (3): Dormio, Sky_Paladin Serela
Serela (2): CF7, Bike-huni Zakeri
ActionDan (1): Shadoweh
Sky_Paladin (1): Darkninjaabc
Bike-huni Zakeri (1): Murrin

Not Voting (1): ActionDan
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. There are 49 hours and 43 minutes left in the day.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:36:34 PM by SB »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:50 PM »
>CF7 empty unvotes whilst stating minor suspicion of Sky Palladium in the very post that he unvotes.
>CF7 justifies his empty unvote as being uncertain so as to which of the 3(aren't there more?) lurkers he wants to vote.
>ED1.
>CF7 ignores Selery's entire argument and says that Selery is doing nothing but bandwagoning.
>Zakeri giving Selery shit for pointing this out.
u wot?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2015, 10:26:03 PM »
Serela, are you trying something new? I was surprised your posts weren't coming from huh what for a second there. I think CF7's immediate jump onto Serela for prodding him about his reasoning is bad though, now he'll never have to explain which lurker he was totally going to vote. I don't think voting lurkers is bad (My vote is actually pretty great, Dan is trying not to post for Day 1) but Serela's right about it being an easy reasonless vote when you're going to ignore everything else you've been arguing about to do it.

I'm pretty chill with DNA and Sky being town, combined with Dormio the seventeen doctors will have a busy night!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2015, 12:14:10 AM »
I haven't looked at the thread but I saw that my vote for Zak was not counted. Do votes have to be bold on this board?

Shadoweh

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2015, 02:06:16 AM »
They do. Why are you voting Zak, though?
I'm getting the impression everyone is posting while I sleep. <_<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 02:12:53 AM »
Then maybe you should go to bed, Shadoweh, like a responsible individual

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2015, 05:53:31 AM »
I wanted Serela to expand on her vote because as it stands, it's just a policy vote with a lot of yelling behind it.

Also I gave the wall makers more than a glance and I see Murrin is actually pretty suspicious. I gave him/her a newbie pass because I've seen the "What does RVS even?" argument so many times before but I see that might have been a false flag.

Also yes, please bold your votes.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
 CF7 recent revote really not making him look good here, and serela raised a really concise and strong point against him, am conflicting over whether to vote CF7 or sky p ATM

Also not sure on what Zak meant for serela to expand her vote, yeah, serela isn't walling this time but what he said is super coherent. I could listen to her talk all day.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
Also I have exams tomorrow, so don't expect too much analysis from me

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
it's just a policy vote with a lot of yelling behind it.
I can understand where the "policy vote" part comes from (although that's kind of painting it in a bad view with buzzwords, but whatever) but "a lot of yelling" is a blatant misrep no matter how you look at it :S Should I be voting you instead Zakeri? (the answer at the moment is no because I like my current vote, but suffice it to say you're currently my second pick)

CF7

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Been busy most of the day. And nothing happened. I am wondering if this somehow related to the day extension.
I am kind of thinking about lynching Selery or Shadoweh.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »
Please elaborate :)
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

CF7

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2015, 04:18:34 PM »
I dunno. I'll be accused of hunting down "lurkers" again.
But neither of them participated in the discussion that much. And i think both of them are usually more active as a town.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
I certainly agree that Serela ordinarily posts a whole lot, but Shadoweh typically lurks. 

Many players are lurking this game. 

I've seen this work on mafia scum, but ordinarily in RVS, as a way to generate conversation. 

Questions for everybody. 
1 - What do you think is the best way to catch scum? 
2 - When playing as scum, what do you think are your biggest scum-tells? 

My answers:
1 - I like to hold people accountable for their votes, and look for interactions between flipped scum and existing players.  I also try to find contradictions in things players have said, but lately this has not been such a good indicator as I hoped it would. 
2 - I try to influence the lynch and hate busing my team mates until the last possible second.  I also tend to panic and spam post. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
But neither of them participated in the discussion that much. And i think both of them are usually more active as a town.
I think at this point of the game my level of content isn't that bad. You might be spoiled by there being huge walls on page two for some reason. I am so not getting involved with massive walls made from nothing on page 2. I'd rather be lynched 8I

Also if you want to bring up meta, I hate ed1 100% of the time and generally have extremely little to contribute to it.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »
@Serela
1 - What do you think is the best way to catch scum?
2 - When playing as scum, what do you think are your biggest scum-tells? 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2015, 04:53:19 PM »
Catching scum is complicated. :T If your vote is butt it needs to get fixed and if you can't fix it well either or repeatedly make questionable ones it's more likely you're scum? But then there's stuff like thought processes, too scummy to be scum (although if someone is in that territory it's not a bad idea to be cautious and just lynch them anyway, everything is too situational, etc)

uhhhh my scum game got a lot better in my last several games so I dunno, before that I tended to just kind of fall over and die right away most of the time, also it's been like literally a year or something since I've been scum or even really played more than one mafia game so I don't remember.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »
Are there any players you think have butt votes right now?

What do you think about the Sky/DNA exchange so far?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
Even though an entire day passed since the last time I went over that, almost no one said anything,. So I'm still pretty much where my previous posts have said in terms of scumhunting. Technically I could go back through page 2 but it really doesn't feel worth the effort of walls because it's only page 2; I care more about the content that was made when the game state was a little more advanced.

Shadoweh

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »
Butt votes. I am officially twelve. It's not a 100% stamp of approval, but I don't think Serela is posting scummily today.
Scum Serela would probably not dare people to lynch him for not engaging walls out of fear that they might do just that.

I think it's more likely CF7 saw me badmouth him and doesn't like me for it then he saw 'no particpation'. That's pretty dishonest.