Author Topic: Draft Mafia - Game Over  (Read 47835 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Draft Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2015, 01:44:02 AM »
No lynch at 5v1 with investigation alive is not a bad plan though?

I believe it's a bad plan in nearly all cases because you rely on forfeiting your chief weapon to eliminate scum (lynching) and hoping that the night action will prove favourable (Scum won't kill a key figure).

In this particular case, I felt it was a bad idea because the odds of it being favourable are low (I assume all Scum are equally as smart and fallible as we are), while the negative side-effect of prolonging a Day phase rife with lethargy and general lack of care had high odds of coming to pass. Had we elected not to lynch and I had not been killed, I'd probably have spent most of the new Day phase twiddling my thumbs waiting for the rest to settle on a target.

I think the general apathy towards scum hunting from this game wouldn't improve by just making the game that much longer. Lynches give a great deal of information because it eliminates one person, lends information about the arguments people used, and makes the pool of suspects smaller. And you still get a Night action during that night.

We could probably argue this 'till we're blue in the face, but I am a staunch proponent of lynching every single Day phase until all Scum are eliminated, with the exception of very strange setups. I don't see myself changing that stance, so I'd rather agree to disagree here. I know how stubborn I am. If I offended by saying it was a bad plan, I'm sorry, it's nothing personal. I'm just opposed to forfeiting a lynch. Mafia is serious business to me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:47:50 AM by Bardiche »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2015, 01:55:50 AM »
the point was making scum forget that just one no-lynch is a thing, also the longer __Lo is the more pressure scum feel. I don't know about you but 6 days of __Lo would be a pain to bear for me
The only problem with your plan is that it amused me so much  :yukkuri: Please spend 6 LYLO's with me Mitsy! We can start writing collaborative SkyXBard slash!
Considering the mmost pressing problem I had was being the doctor that wouldn't die, no-lynching would have just made me more suspicious I guess. I kind of think it was a mistake to ever kill again at all though so etc.

Dat QT party tho. (The thing I said about lynches being like really accurate cop checks are my feelings on the matter too tbh, if you were a cop it would have been a good idea, but as a tracker there was no reason for scum to act that night)

Shadoweh stop Valentine's Day is over and I got nothing from you. NOTHING BUT A KNIFE IN MY BACK.
But at least I got you something! <3
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:57:47 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2015, 02:07:02 AM »
We can start writing collaborative SkyXBard slash!

I will end you.

You may run. You may hide. You may pull gambits out the wazoo.

But I will find you.
Will.
Find.
You.

And I will end you.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2015, 02:37:44 AM »
Well, now Shadoweh has something to do when she ends up being confirmed scum again.

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »
Seriously extending _Lo is horrible for either alignment.
yea,

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:29 AM »
itt Bard has bbeen sending me poetic death threats and/or solicitations all night  :matsurismirk:

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »
The only problem with your plan is that it amused me so much  :yukkuri: Please spend 6 LYLO's with me Mitsy! We can start writing collaborative SkyXBard slash!

Yes please.
Next time we share a QT we need to fill it with as many mafia fanfictions as possible.

« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
I believe it's a bad plan in nearly all cases because you rely on forfeiting your chief weapon to eliminate scum (lynching) and hoping that the night action will prove favourable (Scum won't kill a key figure).
Except we weren't actually giving up a lynch. We still had the same number of lynches we had the whole game, which was 3 town lynches before loss.
One no-lynch isn't the same as losing a lynch, it's only the same as losing 0.5 lynches, and Shadoweh was kind enough to give us 0.5 lynches earlier.
The amount of favorable information to be gained in the NK was not optimal in solving the game for us, but it was optimal when compared to the risks involved.

...that said, we all decided to end the game anyways because as was said before, forcibly extending __lo is  :derp: for all parties involved.

because seeing Shadoweh get lynched could only be more satisfying if mine was the hammer.
I'll tell you, it felt really good~.

Bardiche

« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2015, 01:42:35 AM »
itt Bard has bbeen sending me poetic death threats and/or solicitations all night  :matsurismirk:

I was drunk! (And when I say 'drunk', I mean tipsy and a bit too loose-lipped, please forget anything I confessed to you or told you.)