Author Topic: Remilia Quest Tr?  (Read 42892 times)

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Minor corrections and additions.
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »
>Haridoku answers you by extending her arm forward, and a blast of bronze-colored liquid wax explodes from her fist, striking the wall behind you with a solid-sounding splash. The waxy substance makes a series of cracking and popping noises as it dries and hardens within seconds. "I just need a clear shot, and you've got a new statue." Upon seeing the glare her sister gives her, the larger youkai's expression softens slightly. "All right, a temporary statue."

Here's the main point on which we should be writing.I am thinking of something involving a maneuver in bat swarm form,going behind and on the flanks of Sei in a way H. Sakuya think we're the Vampire Master the samurai serves, doubleteaming her by swarming-bloodsucking.Following that,her burning drive against vampires will be leaving her exposed to the wax while Remilia and Sei are covering each other back ,literally. Alas,I can't fit in the right words  so I'll edit this post on the chance I find them, if it needs to be;that and I don't won't her to unleash her full power ,which might involve a degree of timestop, due to an half-baked command of mine.Of course,a second alternative would be a spellcard to unsettle and put her under pressure ,because she's still a human in a foreign enviroment. Whatever input floats your boat.Then we can check where the real Sakuya and Meiling took cover.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:15:31 AM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Remilia Quest Tr?
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 01:12:20 PM »
Well, my plan was to gum up her hands and feet with superheavy/superdense wax, provided by our little friend here.
Then, zoom in for a quick knockout punch to the gut. Humans are fragile after all, a good bap to the stomach should defuse her.
Plus, when she comes to and finds herself disarmed, yet well-taken-care-of, that should disarm her in the metaphorical sense as well.

Random acts of kindness and all that. If this works out, then Sakuya just got a twin sister.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Branneg Xy

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
A  fine plan indeed but we must take in account this detail
>Haridoku answers you by extending her arm forward, and a blast of bronze-colored liquid wax explodes from her fist, striking the wall behind you with a solid-sounding splash. The waxy substance makes a series of cracking and popping noises as it dries and hardens within seconds. "I just need a clear shot, and you've got a new statue."
in order to create an opportunity that avoids last minute dodge or,worse,a friendly fire on Sei.Although now that I've re-read all about Hunter Sakuya's paraphernalia,I noticed that even her gloves are enchanted and I won't be sursprised if she doesn't try to whip out a reprisal which might blow upin her face.So far I've come up with either trying to keep her focus on a swarm of bats trying to "smother" her or simply simulate an attack from above using a delayed "bombardment" made of Remi's aura; at that point,adding a distraction of a counter-attack bySei,we can move in for the knock out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »
That might work. But provided hari's got good aim and timing, she can smack Hunter without worry.
I had another idea, we almost completely encase her in the wax, save for her face and stomach, then we boost in and slam our fist right into her gut for the KO.

>"How confident are you in your aim? Also, can you put out enough wax to almost completely coat a person Sakuya's size in a single shot?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »
>"How confident are you in your aim? Also, can you put out enough wax to almost completely coat a person Sakuya's size in a single shot?"

>The bug youkai's answering grin is positively savage. "I can coat your ring, and not even splash your wrist." Very confidant, she is.
>"Coating a body, though. A human that size, I'd need a sustained shot of at least a few seconds. More of a spray than a blast, especially if you don't want me to just kill her. Coating someone without killing them takes more focus, more time."

>"Do you know danmaku, as well?" Sei asks curiously, evidently opting not to inform the Hunter of exactly how she got here, and what she is. 'Saukya' nods once, and the samurai continues, "Then you've been in Gensokyo before?"
>"Once." the Hunter admits. "I tracked the Rune Mistress here, learned danmaku while I was here. I didn't really see the need of it, but I don't walk away from a power I might have a use for one day."
>The vampire she mentioned, this 'Rune Mistress', doesn't sound familiar to you, but Sei's eyes narrowed for a fleeting moment at the name.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:30:17 AM by Sourtori »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
>Interesting, we'll have to inquire more on that after all this.

>"So we'd need a distraction then, hm?"
>What do we have at our disposal that would be good at distracting The Hunter without her catching on to us?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »
>What do we have at our disposal that would be good at distracting The Hunter without her catching on to us?

>By 'catching on to you', do you mean her becoming aware of your presence?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
>Yes.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2013, 12:13:15 AM »
No objections,proceed  :) . This is an even better solution as using both a distraction and a spray would further break her battle concentration, in turn unnerving H.Sakuya and making her feel more vulnerable if in a tight spot,a trait of the human mind under "stress"; a much needed medicine for an over-zealous vampire hunter. Moreover, the practical part will be completed once her arms and legs are encased but a not-yet-solid coating has a nice psychological bonus. Now I'm awaiting the info from Sourtori/checking out the previous thread for clues.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »
Yeah, once she's all gummed up, and essentially disarmed, we can proceed to knock her down a peg or three.
And once she comes to, only to find she's been well taken-care-of, that'll just throw her off even more.
Going from being unnerved(And potentially afraid for her life) by a sudden bout of weakness, to completely confused by one of the creatures she hunts showing her kindness and mercy.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2013, 04:31:15 AM »
>Interesting, we'll have to inquire more on that after all this.

>"So we'd need a distraction then, hm?"

>You make a mental note.
>"Wouldn't hurt." Haridoku grunts. "I can manage without, though. Not like this is my first scrap with a pissed off human."

>Good question. Strictly speaking, you're not even certain the Hunter is still unaware of your presence as it is. She has looked in your direction on more than one occasion, and while Sei has taken her attention almost completely, she may have taken note of you already. You can't be sure.
>Assuming she hasn't, however, distracting her without making her aware of you would be a tricky proposition. You could easily open fire on her with either magical power or danmaku, or throw your glaive at her, but that would definately give yourself away. Likewise would sending yourself or your bats out. Any Hunter worthy of the title would recognize a bat swarm for what it is. Sending your swarm-form at her from two opposite directions is also a possibility, given where she is presently standing, but that too would reveal yourself. You doubt she could do anything to hurt you in that form, but she'd still know you were there.

>It's a pity there's no fairys around to sic on her. They might make a handy distraction, albeit brief. You best distraction for the Hunter may be Sei herself. She seemed to be fast enough to keep up with Youmu, from what you saw, or at least near enough to it. If she and the Hunter started trading blows again, that would have to occupy nearly all her attention.
>Amitsu herself might also prove a distraction. By her own admission, she may not be as powerful as her sister, but that doesn't mean she's useless. In your experience, sisters tend to have powers similar to each other. If Haridoku can project wax like she does, it stands to reason that Amitsu can project honey in a similar manner. Honey may not be as paralyzing as wax, but it can still blind if it gets in your eyes, and can be almost as sticky as glue in some cases. Plus, being a resident of Gensokyo, she's almost have to have at least some skill at danmaku, and that can distract the best of folks, vampire hunter or no.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2013, 04:43:40 AM »
>Look to Amitsu. "Can you produce Honey by any chance? I think that might be another useful means of ensnaring her, alongside the wax. Particularly if it is extremely sticky, the kind you can't easily clean off."
>Then look back to Haridoku. "I think you underestimate her just a bit more than you realize though. That isn't merely Sakuya, that is a Sakuya who has likely lived her entire life hunting Vampires, some of the upper echelons of the Youkai race, along with Oni and the like. After all, if you look at the characters for Vampire, you'll find that they also read as 'Blood-sucking Oni'. Thus, Vampires and Oni are are on a similar level by that logic."

(Remi actually makes this same comparison back in IaMP as well.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:46:23 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2013, 04:56:55 AM »
>Look to Amitsu. "Can you produce Honey by any chance? I think that might be another useful means of ensnaring her, alongside the wax. Particularly if it is extremely sticky, the kind you can't easily clean off."

>Amitsu frowns. "I already told you that I can."
>"You leave her out of this." Haridoku asserts firmly, taking a step towards you. "That human's already hurt her, and I'm not about to let you put her back in danger again."

>"I can feel the darkness of your katana, samurai." The Hunter continues. "Its bloodthirst. So why do I sense that you don't want me dead? Your master wants me alive, is that it?"
>"I have no master." Sei says somewhat quietly. "But the woman who is the master of the house I dwell in does not relish death, even the death of your kind. But that doesn't matter. There are circumstances beyond her desires here, and mine."
>The Hunter snorts. "You mean that clone of me?" she asks, a hint of venom in her voice. "I'll attend to that in due time."

(Hanzo? You haven't been around this late in a while.)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 05:10:41 AM »
>"I apologize for my slight bout of forgetfulness. Also, if anyone would be in danger, I am the one more likely to be so. My plan means for your abilities to work together to capture the Hunter. Between the wax hampering her dexterity, and the honey hindering her movement, she'll be rendered a much less dangerous foe."
>"I noticed that when she used that acid spray, she had to make hand signs to use it. If we follow that, it's quite likely that a great deal of her other techniques require the mobility of her hands. Trapping most of her body is merely a side plan to make her easier to hit. Besides, I'm willing to let her reside here until she's fully healed, as she was injured as a result of the actions of a Fate-Clone of my own Head Maid. Though I do wonder if the Vampire version would have been easier to contend with."

(And I likely won't be again for a while, current circumstances for the night are allowing such good fortune.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 06:11:47 AM »
>"I apologize for my slight bout of forgetfulness. Also, if anyone would be in danger, I am the one more likely to be so. My plan means for your abilities to work together to capture the Hunter. Between the wax hampering her dexterity, and the honey hindering her movement, she'll be rendered a much less dangerous foe."
>"I noticed that when she used that acid spray, she had to make hand signs to use it. If we follow that, it's quite likely that a great deal of her other techniques require the mobility of her hands. Trapping most of her body is merely a side plan to make her easier to hit. Besides, I'm willing to let her reside here until she's fully healed, as she was injured as a result of the actions of a Fate-Clone of my own Head Maid. Though I do wonder if the Vampire version would have been easier to contend with."

>Haridoku's face is still set in stone, but Amitsu places her hand on her sister's arm. "I wasn't hurt that bad, Hari."
>"Doesn't matter. I still don't want you near her."
>"You think I want to be, either? But that doesn't matter now. You know as well as I do that we work well together. I may not have your kind of power, my honey may not be as strong as your wax, but I'm not useless. I want this to end without anyone getting seriously hurt. Even if that hunter isn't using danmaku, I don't want to be a spectator if I can help."
>Conflict washes over Haridoku's face, "But, Amitsu.... That's not what your honey's for. That's not who you are..."
>"I'm still your sister." Amitsu counters, her voice firm. "Besides," she continues, placing her other hand gently on her sister's cheek. "You think I'd even think about getting involved if I didn't know you'd protect me?"
>The bigger youkai lowers her eyelashes. Her expression is one of a woman who knows when she's beaten. Despite yourself, you feel a brief pang of jealousy. One day, you and Flan will be able to act that way, without Flandre being impeded by her damaged mind.

>"Why would you think a vampire would clone a hunter?" Sei asks Hunter-Sakuya.
>"I could think of a few reasons, but I really don't care right now. I don't even care that she IS a clone. If she's still human, I'll save her from this place and its vampire, one way or the other, and if I have to go through you, then I will."
>Sei sighs, and raises her katana again. "In deference to the mistress of this house, I will not kill you until I know she wishes you dead."
>The hunter raises her conjured blade up, the flat of the blade facing Sei. "Then you've already lost, if you're going to fight me so half-heartedly." Hunter Sakuya lunges forward, her blade flashing, but you note her right hand gesturing again. Sei's katana flies out and intercepts the conjured blade, but when the two swords collide, the Hunter's blade explodes into metallic shrapnel, every shard flying forward. At that range, even Sei can't dodge them all, but she doesn't even try. Dozens if not hundreds of metal shards stab her all over her body, but her response is to slash her katana backhanded at the hunter, forcing the false Sakuya to back off. As she does so, however, her hands start to sign again, but Sei interrupts her hand signs by raising her own hand and unleashing a black-tinged fireball at the hunter. Sakuya spins in place, and the fireball explodes against her cloak, leaving the garment smoking but undamaged.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 06:28:36 AM »
>"I hate to interrupt the touching moment, but I think we had best enact the plan soon? I'll provide the distraction, you two set to gumming her up."
>We can extend our aura through the walls, ceiling and floor of the building, yes?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:04 AM »
>"I hate to interrupt the touching moment, but I think we had best enact the plan soon? I'll provide the distraction, you two set to gumming her up."
>We can extend our aura through the walls, ceiling and floor of the building, yes?

>"I'm not sure you should." Amitsu says, looking back at you. "She's a vampire hunter, after all. Youkai like us would be at greater risk if we went up against a bug exterminator, and this is someone geared in killing your kind. I know how strong vampires are supposed to be, but you still could be in more danger than us." Haridoku opens her mouth to protest, but her sister holds up her hand, silencing her before she starts.
>You can indeed.

>The Hunter comes to a halt and extends her hands out again, two fingers pointing up. A bolt of electricity falls down from the ceiling of the corridor, but Sei raises her left hand and takes the lightning bolt in her outstretched palm. And not a sound escapes her lips, despite the pain that had to have caused her. Sakuya's hunter counterpart raises one eyebrow in quiet surprise.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 06:59:05 AM »
>"Well then, I suppose we should wait until Sei provides the right opportunity. We'll just need to tend to her injuries as well. But don't think that I'll be staying on the sidelines for long."
>Let's brace ourselves to dash in.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:16 AM »
>"Well then, I suppose we should wait until Sei provides the right opportunity. We'll just need to tend to her injuries as well. But don't think that I'll be staying on the sidelines for long."
>Let's brace ourselves to dash in.

>"Ami, are you sure?" Haridoku asks her sister. "Vampires are supposed to be tougher than some gods."
>"And a god would be at risk from a Godslayer." Amitsu counters.
>"Yeah, but, that hunter's only human."
>"So's the red-white."
>Haridoku concedes, "Good point."

>"Simple jutsus like that aren't going to beat me." Sei says with iron in her voice, belying the blood trickling from her flechette wounds, and the black smoke coming from her palm. You can smell the singed flesh of her hand, as well as her blood. It has a very distinct aroma. You can tell she was not born a youkai, and that her blood, like the rest of her, has been infused with a dark power.
>"If you're going to use lightning, try something like this." The samurai points her palm at the hunter, and unleashes a massive blast of black and blue electricity.
>Which fails to strike the false Sakuya. In one instant she was standing in the middle of the corridor, and the next, she's standing about a foot to her right, causing the tainted lightning bolt to pass by her harmlessly, exploding into sparks against the wall behind her. You've had the walls of your house reinforced with magic, but the lightning still leaves a deep, large black char mark upon impact, and you think the wood paneling may have cracked. Had that connected, that would have done serious damage to Sakuya, even the real one.
>But that does confirm your fears. The only way she could have done that is if the Hunter Sakuya shares the real Sakuya's time stopping ability.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
>"Interesting and worrying.I don't suppose you're familiar with my head maid's ability to control time but here you are to witness to it.  Our plan has to take this aspect into account. Like the aspect of making measured dodge and noting more,so far.In particular,try to focus on her rhytm-area and be ready to make use of it when I create an opportunity."
>Could it be possible to measure the "instant " of pause between appareance and disappearance in a a second,half a second and turn it to our advantage?
> Against the real Sakuya a cross-fire bombardment in a tight space would reduce the area of the timestop and telegraph its movement,correct?
>If the assumption is correct, stand in position to launch a web of aura,with some of it breaking up in "threads" to box her in , to sorround Hunter Sakuya once an opening appears .Make it so that it leaves a safe spot on the edge near Sei, where she could be lured in and intercepted by our three allies.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:24:09 PM by Branneg Xy »

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
>Could it be possible to measure the "instant " of pause between appareance and disappearance in a a second,half a second and turn it to our advantage?

>Clarify, please.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »

>Which fails to strike the false Sakuya. In one instant she was standing in the middle of the corridor, and the next, she's standing about a foot to her right
> Could the pause between those two "instants" be measured in a matter of seconds,one,half,a quarter,etc,and be used to synchronize our attacks?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:32:28 PM by Branneg Xy »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »
> Could the pause between those two "instants" be measured in a matter of seconds,one,half,a quarter,etc,and be used to synchronize our attacks?
Do you mean measuring how much time passes for the fake Sakuya while she has stopped it?

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
That seems to be my read, but I'll wait for Branneg to answer before I reply in command form.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2013, 12:44:06 AM »
Yes ,it's exactly as SirChaotick said.Basically measuring how much her state of disappearance,aka time stop,lasts.

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2013, 01:57:02 AM »

>In some cases you can tell how long time has been frozen, but only after the fact, and only if there's tell tale signs. For instance, in this circumstance, since the Hunter did not launch any attacks at Sei while time was stopped, and since she only moved about two feet to her right, you can assume that time was only stopped for a matter of seconds. Five seconds, maximum.
>That in and of itself is curious. The real Sakuya would probably have used her power in this case to put herself at more of an advantage, either by attacking Sei or by moving to a better location, taking steps to disarm her, something. It is possible that this version of her does not have that level of control over her temporal power. On the other hand, it's also possible she doesn't want to show the full extend of her powers, either out of arrogance or in an attempt to deceive you all as to how strong she is.

>All that being said, however, the simple fact is that there's no way to determine how long Sakuya will stop time before she does it, Only after the fact.

I know there's more to your post, but I felt I should answer this first, in case it affected what you all wanted to do.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »
Alright,as I suspected it seems H. Sakuya can't properly use jutsu,enchanted weaponry and time stop ability all at the same time. Anyhow,cleaning up and reiterating my commands for the parsing.
>"Interesting and worrying.I don't suppose you're familiar with my head maid's ability to control time but here you are to witness  it.  Our plan has to take this aspect into account. Like the aspect of this version of Sakuya making measured dodge and nohting more,so far.In particular,try to time your shots to handle a dodge by disappearance act following a reapparance act with a pause of five seconds in-between ,at most;if she manages that after I've created an opportunity for you two.Now then,Follow me".
> Against the real Sakuya a cross-fire bombardment in a tight space would reduce the area of the timestop and telegraph its movement,correct?
>If the assumption is correct, stand in position to launch  webs of aura,with some of them breaking up in homing bats to box her in , in order restrict possible dodges and force Hunter Sakuya to parry them alongside the jet spray .Make it so that it leaves a safe spot on the edge near Sei, where she could be lured in and intercepted by our three allies.
>Whisper a "stand  ready.... ",hover a bit then launch it when Hunter Sakuya is focused on retailating at Sei with jutsu or somesuch

All my talk about the pause has been conceived to better see through her dodging by time-manipulation.Looks like now would be a good time judging by Sei's tainted lighting and subesquent time-stop.Shall we go along this way, Hanzo and SirChaotick?Feel free to edit my quote since I'm going out and I might've overlooked something this time.It's a long post.....Bye-bye.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:33:02 PM by Branneg Xy »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »
Looks good to me. Just remember my part of the plan, to capture her. We'll do whatever we need to with her once we've both recovered, and gained enough insight into this peculiar occurrence. Who knows, there might be more Fate Backlash that'll rebound on our Sakuya if this one's killed.
I'm also suspecting that, had we stopped this one's bubble, we'd effectively be fighting Dio instead.
Timestop? Check.
Throwing Knives? Check.
Vampire? Check.
Likely a Grade-A Jerkass? Most Likely!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 12:21:03 AM »
Certainly,Hanzo, that's the better part.I just don't feel like netting Remilia a figure of getting too ahead of herself by underestimating Vampire Hunter Sakuya,off all people.I for myself would want to explore about how Remi could exploit twisting fate as a form of insight, treatment(?) and attack on her opponents.As For Sakuya Brando,I grinned.Anyhow it sounds like she would have had a twist too from Sourtori's description.

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
>"Interesting and worrying.I don't suppose you're familiar with my head maid's ability to control time but here you are to witness  it.  Our plan has to take this aspect into account. Like the aspect of this version of Sakuya making measured dodge and nohting more,so far.In particular,try to time your shots to handle a dodge by disappearance act following a reapparance act with a pause of five seconds in-between ,at most;if she manages that after I've created an opportunity for you two.Now then,Follow me".

>"Wait a second, she can control TIME?" Haridoku blurts.
>Amitsu, however, nods. "Meiling mentioned it when we were examining her earlier."
>The larger youkai puffs out a breath as her wings buzz. "Well, she's still only human. We can take her, powers or no powers."

>If the assumption is correct, stand in position to launch  webs of aura,with some of them breaking up in homing bats to box her in , in order restrict possible dodges and force Hunter Sakuya to parry them alongside the jet spray .Make it so that it leaves a safe spot on the edge near Sei, where she could be lured in and intercepted by our three allies.
>Whisper a "stand  ready.... ",hover a bit then launch it when Hunter Sakuya is focused on retailating at Sei with jutsu or somesuch

>While you can't directly affect the area of time she can freeze, you can at least try to take steps to limit her movement, yes. Sakuya may be very agile and clever, but even her time powers can only let her do so much if she's surrounded on all sides by incoming fire. It's the surrounding part that's tricky. Your Sakuya almost never lets herself get caught in a situation she can't get herself out of. With luck, this ersatz version of her isn't quite so cunning.

>"I can see your skill, hunter." Sei says as she lowers her still-smoking hand. "But consider this. Your ninjutsu is no match for my bushido, and your weapons and tools can only equal my dark power, at best. And you can tell I'm a youkai. Don't you think you should stand down? No one in this house means you any-"
>"Finish that asinine line, samurai, and I'll lose whatever respect for you I have." Hunter-Sakuya spits. "I'm a hunter in the house of a vampire. That's all that matters."
>Sei sighs in resignation. "I pray you survive this night."
>The hunter starts forming hand signs again. "Save your prayers for the vampire you're defending."

>With her scorn directed at Sei and her hands occupied with generating yet another jutsu, and your insectile allies ready, you decide that the time is right for you to strike. You unleash your power aura as the hunter brings her two fists together, her jutsu encasing her hands in iron up to her wrists. Amitsu on your left and Haridoku on your right start to advance as well as crimson bolts and bats fly out down the walls of the corridor, towards the Hunter. More specifically, towards the back of her mostly, as your attack isn't meant to hurt her so much as keep her from evading Haridoku and the others. Not that you couldn't have handled her yourself, of course, but having flunkies around just makes things simpler.
>The Hunter looks to her right and left and a look of recognition crosses her face. For a fleeting instant, her eyes meet yours, and you can see the hatred in her eyes, and you know your own instinctive hatred of her kind flares into your own. Her kind and yours have been trying to destroy the other for years beyond counting, and now this hunter wearing Sakuya's face has renewed that enmity here in Gensokyo. Somehow, you have a sense that this fight will be neither quick, nor easy, nor pretty.
>Sei joins her attack with yours, raising her hand and conjuring danmaku, a line of green teardrop shots complimented by a scattering of blue circles. The Hunter now is facing fire from about every direction possible. In response, she pulls a cross that's more of an 'X' than a genuine crucifix from her cloak in her left hand. No human, no matter how agile, can dodge all that fire coming at her, not in such a space. Wide though your corridors are, they're not THAT wide, but the Hunter puts on a very good show trying. She smashes her iron-shod fist into one of your bat shots as she strafes to her left around another one, grazing Sei's danmaku in the process. She stops in place and rolls adroitly backwards, underneath another pair of blue bullets and a blast of aura, springing backwards when her feet return to the ground, spinning in midair and placing her feet on the wall of the hallway. A great show of agility, but marred slightly by the fact that your aura moves faster than she can push off, a surge of crimson power pushing her off the wall, disrupting her balancing and damaging her legs.

>She recovered quite quickly, however, and her runed glove glows green as she rolls again, clenching her fist around her X-shaped tool. The object vanishes, but a group of six glowing green crosses appear all around her as she elevates off of the floor. Your crimson energy and Sei's danmaku crash against the spinning crosses as the Hunter returns to her feet. Hunter-Sakuya, as you'd intended, is not closer to Sei, but that power of hers has left her better protected than you had anticipated. With the size and the speed of the crosses, neither Amitsu nor Haridoku can get a clear shot
>Haridoku, however, tries anyway, firing not wax but a long stinger from her right hand. Surprisingly, the bug timed her shot perfectly, and the needle slips between a gap in Hunter-Sakuya's cross barrier. Even more surprising, the Hunter catches the stinger out of midair with her iron-encased fist, stopping it only inches from her torso.
>She drops the needle as her crosses fade out of sight, the X-shaped cross appearing in her hand again, and looks around at the other three briefly before finally settling her gaze on you. "I'd wondered if you were going to let your minions do all the hard work." she says after a moment. You know for certain that, between you and Sei, you've damaged the Hunter, but she does an admirable job of not showing any signs of it. You'd expect no less from Sakuya, any Sakuya.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:43:52 AM by Sourtori »