Author Topic: Diplomacy: Next Conquest (Austria Wins!)  (Read 31744 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: Diplomacy: Next Conquest (Austria Wins!)
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »
in other news I'm gonna just put it out there that I have my suspicions that the outcome was fixed. 

Feel free to lambast me.

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2011, 09:17:52 PM »
He still has a boat right there ;-; Spain is the only one that truly escaped the map.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »

Well better late then never, here are the comments to my orders, that should give you an impression of my thoughts over the game, enjoy.^^

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1901

Lets start with a overview:
(Russia) Lady Lambdadelta: She is my favorite scum buddy and it seems that this feeling is mutual.
(Italy) ShadowehxActionDan OTP: My second scum buddy but here is it just a matter of time when the busing starts.
(Turkey) Hero999xPX OTP: My preferred day one mislynch, I made him an generous offer and he don't even answered. Well and PX presence doesn't make it any better.^^;
(Germany) Schezo: He will be mislynch number two, sorry but I can't allow him to assault my Lucy.
(France) Pesco: Oh dear, I'll be damned if I know! Either he has an agenda that has nothing to do with the game or we see here a demonstration of mindhex. However I have the luxury to observe him a few rounds before I need a conclusion.
(Norway) Bardiche: I thought he could be a good help for Lucy but she seems to see things different. Well I had only one opportunity to talk with him and that was just a hour after the game started.
(England) ConquerorxPolaris OTP: I only talked with Conqueror and that only once. He seems to be quite lost but who could blame him, I mean with such neighbors.
(Spain) Capt.h: Bloody timezones, I had not even one chance to talk to him now. Maybe I go back to the PM negotiations on that matter.

Well I think that was it so far.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1901

So I had my first talks with Spain, and some more with France, I think that I pioneered an alliance among them. Italy was a bit bothered with my Vie ? Tri move but I think that I won their trust back with my support for the Apu ? Gre convoy. I have still to see what to make out of this Germany ? Russia ? Norway triangle, It's unclear what Norway really intents.
Sorry I'm currently deathly tired so that's all for now, maybe I can tell you more in the winter turn.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1902

I didn't had the time to do much this turn, mostly some talk with Italy and Russia. But it seems that I talked too late with the later, she want to take Silesia this turn what means nothing less then forcing one of Germanys armys right into my open flank. First she denied me Bulgaria and now this. Isn't it  an irony how my supposed ally defeats my plans way better than my supposed enemy could even dream of to do?^^; However I can not and I will not wait any longer and if this break my neck, then so be it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1902

This turn I had more time but even less opportunities to talk.^^; Well I talked with Italy and Russia and I think that I'm fine so far but thinks can change soon. It could be that Italy back stabs me this turn, Dan wasn't paranoid at all and that makes me nervous. And it is also uncertain how Russia will decide if it comes to a conflict with Norway. Well we have to see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Winter 1902

Either Italy committed suicide or I have to deal with a Italy Russia conspiracy. Too bad that I haven't talked with Lucy about it yet. Well we have to see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1903

Dan is such a fool, his act set the alliance he wanted to break up in stone. Well however, I got around to do the talking with capt.h but that was it mostly, Lucy was never on in time and Conqueror proved himself kinda useless as source of information. Also Bardiches request gives me a headache, I doubt that he tells the truth about his intentions and even when he does is the outcome quite questionable. Well we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1903

Well things turned out in my favor, Italy gets a nice size-cut and I get the lion's share out of it. My chances are quite good but maybe too good.
We have a fragile balance in the east and I'm worried that it could collapse in one way or another if I get too big. I can only hope that me bonds with Russia are strong enough to hold.
Mostly cause I don't see an Austria/Norway alliance happen, and it's troublesome to talk with Lucy, cause she isn't on before 1am most of the time.
Well we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1904

Well it's time to get serious in our attacks against Italy, Austria had no presents on the seas so far and I intent to change that, on Italys expense. That is unfortunately already all I can say about this turn, I can only hope that I catch Lucy somehow before the deadline. Well we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1904

Well I'm still not sure if I should stay on the safe side and support the Tri ? Ven move with Tyr as well. It would be quite overkill if Ven is unsupported as it most likely is. However, I think this will do, everything else is as always. We have to see about it.^^

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Winter 1904

I think Lucy will not like the implication of it, :ohdear: but I need at last some units at home. I tell you more later.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1905

So the time of Lucys decision has finally come and we are of course all excited about who she will choose. The cute and keen Prince of Denmark Norway or the kind and adorable Emperor of Austria? I can't really tell, well my heart and gut says that she will stay by my side but my bad luck with women (and kittens) make me think I should expect things the other way around. Well I have done what I could do, now fate take your course.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1905

Well Conq said last turn that a Norway/Russia scum team is as good as confirmed, he was at last half correct.^^ I'm now quite sure that Lucy wouldn't backstab me, what means that she will do it this turn. However her plan to move her fleets from the Black Sea to the Atlantic is kinda odd on the first glance, but it makes a lot more sense if you think about it. Well we have to see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1906

There isn't much to say, I had a little disagreement with Lucy about what my army in Munich is supposed to do but that's already all. What's kinda sad is that Polaris has now not much of a chance to play. However may the race for the best end-game position begin.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1906

Well there is't much to say about this turn again, it bothers me that Mar depends on Spains move into LYO. Well we have to see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1907

Well Lucy got a cold and she dislikes my plan for this turn.^^; Endgames like this are kind of dull, aren't they? Well we have to see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1907

That's not good, I didn't had a opportunity to talk with Lucy so far this turn. I'll be on for another hour but then I have to go. Lets hope she shows up again.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1908

I have to wonder if they can predicted this turn right, well it would be a problem for us if they can.^^; However we will see it soon.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1908

This turn will be the second part of our landing in Spain. Well I think that we have England mostly there where we want him to be by now but he is still not broken. Also the comments in the game thread are kind of annoying, I mean it's not really surprising that PX has not the slightest idea of what's going on, he is the one who shoots himself in the foot just because it looked spectacular on the map, but Shadowehs comparing is quite a cheap shot. However we will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1909

All Quiet on the Western Front.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1909

Sorry but it's late and there isn't much to say anyway.^^;

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Winter 1909

I can only hope that this doesn't provokes Lucy too much. Well I think the time of or alliance will be over soon now that England gives in. We will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1910

Well most of it should work even without Lucys help. I tried to talk to her the last 4 days without any answer at all. I know that she's busy but that is just silly.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1910

I could actually talk with Lucy, well she doesn't make it easy for me but I'm now in the better position. We will see about it.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Spring 1911

So here comes the backstab, lets hope that I calculated it right or this game will go on forever. I feel sorry about Lucy but I sit here at 1am waiting for her, that can't go on. Well we will see.

Diplomacy: Orders for Austria Fall 1911

Na als dann!
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2011, 03:12:22 AM »
All I have to say about this game: It should have ended a month ago

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »
Outcome as I expected it about 50 days ago. :V

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »
I would ally myself with Dorian in Diplomacy in a heartbeat. Pesco too.

LLD I'm not so sure about, because we haven't talked, but she's cool.

Conq, Shadoweh, and Bardiche can all get invaded.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
I would ally myself with Dorian in Diplomacy in a heartbeat. Pesco too.

LLD I'm not so sure about, because we haven't talked, but she's cool.

Conq, Shadoweh, and Bardiche can all get invaded.

What a bro.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »
:< Oh come on. You were on your way to attack us anyways!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2011, 03:34:22 AM »
:< Oh come on. You were on your way to attack us anyways!

Pretty much.

Exactly how obvious was it you were teaming up Austria?

Very.

Things that would have been SO SO SO nice for Italy.

#1: Pesco not giving spain a freebie in Paris.  I would have gained the most important tempo in the game for us.  Spain would have bee rendered practically into a non-combatant.

#2: Turkey not holding Constantanople.  Austria could have been stalled a bit more from expanding freely.

For the record Dorian:  Don't ever whine to me again about taking Serbia when you were planning to team with Russia all along.  You made it out like you were the victim when It was obvious you could re-capture things by force.  Do not think I would be so foolish as to potentially instigate war when you were focused solely on Turkey for the sake of one soon-to-be-lost territory.   Did you think the hours I spent trying to convince you to attack or at least check russian growth were all for laughs?  I wonder if you realize, but Russia should have been able to win that game had that been her goal. 

And yes, I'm quite sure I've gone and offended somebody, but I think I've had pent up rage from this game leaking through many of my pores for long enough now.  End game was a diaster.

Don't lynch me.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2011, 06:10:23 AM »
And things would have gone much, much better for me if Norway invaded England when England was open instead of crossing half the map to attack me, flubbing the timing of his betrayal, and committing suicide.

It's all part of the game.

EDIT: I'll be honest though Dan, your biggest (apparent) mistake was when you betrayed Austria and me in the same turn. I barely had two words with the guy before that.

I wanted Italy dead only so far as France made a deal with me to make sure Italy was not alive at the end of the game. Then you attacked me, and I wanted you dead personally. Then England attacked, and I wanted you less dead so that I could stop England. And then you left channels of communication completely closed and focused all your forces on Spain, and I decided I would make an example out of you if it killed me, and pledged 100% loyalty to Dorian under the condition that he make sure you did not survive the game.

Even after you attacked, I only started even talking to Austria around Fall 1904. Everything before that was just your paranoia, and everything after that was a product of your own actions.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:25:29 AM by capt. h »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #340 on: December 15, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »
I really was going to work with Pesco in the beginning. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
Bardiche is a bro. He told me he was going to attack me before he did!
Nothing personal against capth, but you were my only viable target at that time (I couldn't "trust" you over Norway when you had been vague about intentions for the most of the game). I hope you understand.
The endgame would have been more interesting had Russia been more active. Giving Austria a better position to work with was supposed to give Russia more incentive to work with me, but then she went AWOL, so. :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2011, 11:23:47 AM »
Take a fist to your face.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »
Is this the part where we decide who hosts the next one?  It doesn't have to be immediate but you know.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »
I'm going to be hermiting for a bit, so I don't think I'll host the next one.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr