Author Topic: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 87806 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Patchy Quest Moreso: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »
>bid Rinnosuke farewell and go cash in your Secrets with Luminaire.
>ask her about the broadsword handle while you're there
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
>bid Rinnosuke farewell and go cash in your Secrets with Luminaire.
>ask her about the broadsword handle while you're there

>Are you trying to make some sense? Start making sense.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »
>express disappointment in undefined entity
>go deliver Secret items to the girl in the alley of the human village
>ask said girl about the broadsword handle in Korindou

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2009, 01:33:07 PM »
>express disappointment in undefined entity
>go deliver Secret items to the girl in the alley of the human village
>ask said girl about the broadsword handle in Korindou

>You return to alley and hand the Robed Figure the Secret Hat and Secret Shoes. "Holy cow!" she cries, "You've been on the ball!" She hands you a gang of junk in return
>You obtain: 1/60 Scale Macross Valkyrie Model
>You obtain: The Ultimate Truth
>You obtain: A Large Bag of Beans
>You obtain: A Blue UFO
>You ask the robed figure about the Broken Broadsword Hilt. "That sounds really neat! Maybe someone has the blade? It's not really what I'm looking for, though."

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »
> Combine Ultimate Truth with Bag of Beans.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »
> Go back to Kourindou.
> Trade in Macross figurine and Blue UFO for credit.
> Buy Rattling Box with credit.
> Buy Steel Plating if you have enough credit left.
> Go back to Scarlet Devil Mansion.
> Use Bag of Beans as peace offering with Sakuya.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
> Combine Ultimate Truth with Bag of Beans.

>You are unable to devise a way to combine these, and thus the Ultimate Bag of Truth Beans remains out of your grasp.

> Go back to Kourindou.
> Trade in Macross figurine and Blue UFO for credit.
> Buy Rattling Box with credit.
> Buy Steel Plating if you have enough credit left.
> Go back to Scarlet Devil Mansion.
> Use Bag of Beans as peace offering with Sakuya.

>You return to Kourindou.
>You trade the 1/60 Scale Macross Valkyrie Model and the Blue UFO for store credit. His disappointment is palpable.
>You are able to buy the Rattling Box and the Sheet of Steel Plating, using up all but 50☼ of your attained credit. Unfortantely, you cannot lift the Sheet of Steel Plating and must leave it there.
>You return to Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>You find Sakuya dusting the statues in the foyer. She regards the Large Bag of Beans with a carefully neutral expression, and says, "I'm afraid you've caught me at a disadvantage. What is going on, exactly?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2009, 09:07:23 AM »
>"I'm afraid I've felt a certain amount of... hostility between us. While I suppose this isn't the best way to ask to speak with you about this, it's gone on long enough, and I'd like to try and work it out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »
>"I'm afraid I've felt a certain amount of... hostility between us. While I suppose this isn't the best way to ask to speak with you about this, it's gone on long enough, and I'd like to try and work it out."

>Sakuya is quiet for a moment, her face a mask of mild surprise. You can tell that under that facade she is dissecting your words and looking for traps. Then she says, "If I have given that impression, it was not intentional."
>Well, you know where you need to go if you ever have to bottle a lie.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2009, 10:00:32 AM »
> "Sakuya, please, we're both grown-ups here. I sincerely want to know why you dislike me, in the hopes that either I can change myself or can convince you otherwise. For one thing, it's disrespectful to Remilia to have internal spats under her very nose, in her own home."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:54 AM »
> "Sakuya, please, we're both grown-ups here. I sincerely want to know why you dislike me, in the hopes that either I can change myself or can convince you otherwise. For one thing, it's disrespectful to Remilia to have internal spats under her very nose, in her own home."

>She frowns a little. "That is true. What do you intend to do in that regard?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
> Raise eyebrow at Sakuya.
> "Did I not make myself clear? You should tell me why you dislike me, and I'll work on that."
> Gather yourself mentally.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
> Raise eyebrow at Sakuya.
> "Did I not make myself clear? You should tell me why you dislike me, and I'll work on that."
> Gather yourself mentally.

>You give that jabroni The Patchy's Eyebrow.
>"I would think it rather obvious; especially given you understand how the current state of affairs weighs upon Milady," says Sakuya, trying to keep her voice neutral.
>Things are not looking pretty. Especially if she is about to play the victim after trying to poison you...

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
>DID she actually try to poison us? Or are we assuming/misremembering things...?
>attempt to recall 'current state of affairs' for Remilia - or is it just worrying about Patch too much?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
>DID she actually try to poison us? Or are we assuming/misremembering things...?
>attempt to recall 'current state of affairs' for Remilia - or is it just worrying about Patch too much?

>You are quite certain that hemlock doesn't normally get into your tea. Good thing you knew the smell of it.
>You know that Remilia is something of a worrywart, as your meeting earlier today suggested. You also know she isn't happy that Sakuya and you do not get along.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »
>"I'm not sure I understand; is it that Miss Remilia worries so much about me? Worries about our disagreement? On second thought - we should probably ask her, herself. Shall we?"
>just in case, note who else Remilia might trust from outside the mansion

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
> Dispose of tea at the next potted plant.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
>"I'm not sure I understand; is it that Miss Remilia worries so much about me? Worries about our disagreement? On second thought - we should probably ask her, herself. Shall we?"
>just in case, note who else Remilia might trust from outside the mansion

>Sakuya nods curtly. You can tell she suspects you're laying some kind of trap.
>You know Remilia thinks rather well of Reimu. Aside from that, you can't immediately think of anyone outside the mansion that she actually likes. Certainly none of the Eientei household.

> Dispose of tea at the next potted plant.

>When the hell did you get tea and why was I not informed?

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
>head off to pester Remilia!
>use quantum tea to summon quantum duck

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
>head off to pester Remilia!
>use quantum tea to summon quantum duck

>You head off to find Remilia. Thankfully, Sakuya takes the lead; you really don't like turning your back to her. At the same time, it's rather infuriating to think she thinks so little of you that she'd just turn her back like that as though you were afraid of her! Ugh.
>You arrive at Remilia's chambers. Sakuya knocks on the door politely, then enters. You find Remilia in the sitting room portion of her suite, looking over the countryside. She gives the two a curious look as you enter, then says "Oh, we never get to see you together, and you both mean so much us! Such a very rare treat, it makes us want to cry just a little! What brings you here, my dears?"

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2009, 07:21:38 PM »
> "I'm afraid that Sakuya and I... Have not been getting along well, you might say. She said something about that the reason she dislikes me so has to do with how "the current state of affairs" has been weighing on you. I apologize for disturbing you with such an issue, but I thought that you might be able to help resolve this dispute. Evidently, she agrees."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2009, 07:54:25 PM »
> "I'm afraid that Sakuya and I... Have not been getting along well, you might say. She said something about that the reason she dislikes me so has to do with how "the current state of affairs" has been weighing on you. I apologize for disturbing you with such an issue, but I thought that you might be able to help resolve this dispute. Evidently, she agrees."

>"You're going to make us the first vampire to die of a heart attack, you know!" Remilia cries, leaping to her feet and pacing around the sitting room, throwing her arms in every which way. "Both of you worry us to death! You, Sakuya, with the serial killer attitude, who are you fooling? And you, Patchouli, never thinking of your health! And here we all up here all alone, with nothing but worries! You girls are like daughters to us, daughters, and you give us all this grief! And then there's this feud of yours! Can't we at least be a happy family? Why are you even at each others' throat, when you shoudl be good sisters?"
>"Because she insults you, Mistress," says Sakuya. "She dominates a part of your household as though it were her's! She makes and tests magic without regard to the household! She summoned a demon rather than accept any of your maids, as though we weren't good enough for her! We work ourselves every day for you, mistress, and what does she do but play in the library?"
>This may be the first time you've seen that maid show some real passion.

>_

>_

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2009, 08:07:02 PM »
> "I apologize for any trouble I have caused. However, in regard to making and testing magic without any regard to the household... I carefully monitor the conditions of every test I make, to reduce the chances of anything happening. And I do it in my library, so if something goes wrong, it's my own books that suffer. And as for Koakuma, I summoned her for assistance because I did not wish to cause you additional trouble Sakuya. Maintaining so many books as are in my library is difficult, and I didn't believe that having fairies assist would be wise, given that they aren't especially known for their ability to follow instructions..."
>Sigh
> "If I am truly so much of a weight on this household, then I can leave if Remilia so desires, provided that I have a suitable place to move my books, as well as a method of transportation that would not require years to move them all. I wish I could contribute more, but I am unskilled at physical labor, and I have few spells suitable for assisting with chores."
> Mukyu softly

Toasty

« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »
>Make a plan in your head concerning turning sakuya's blood into mecury and antimony, or at least contaminating it.

« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
>Examine Surroundings for ways to kill Sakuya if this ends badly

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
> "I apologize for any trouble I have caused. However, in regard to making and testing magic without any regard to the household... I carefully monitor the conditions of every test I make, to reduce the chances of anything happening. And I do it in my library, so if something goes wrong, it's my own books that suffer. And as for Koakuma, I summoned her for assistance because I did not wish to cause you additional trouble Sakuya. Maintaining so many books as are in my library is difficult, and I didn't believe that having fairies assist would be wise, given that they aren't especially known for their ability to follow instructions..."
>Sigh
> "If I am truly so much of a weight on this household, then I can leave if Remilia so desires, provided that I have a suitable place to move my books, as well as a method of transportation that would not require years to move them all. I wish I could contribute more, but I am unskilled at physical labor, and I have few spells suitable for assisting with chores."
> Mukyu softly

>"Your library?" Sakuya asks. "And how is it troubling the maids to ask them to do their tasks? It's one thing to set that demon to book sorting, but handling everything else? Are you just trying to call Mistress' staff incompetent?"
>"Oy, such harsh words, Sakuya!" says Remilia. "But Patchy dear, she does make some good points. The spells, yeese! Lay off them just a little bit? we have enough incidents as it is! We worry about you, dear, when we try to sleep. And maybe lay off making the demon do everything a little bit? It can't hurt to have the girls downstairs handle the meals and your room."
>You know you hear that damned maid not-quite-supress a derisive snort when you mukyu.

>Make a plan in your head concerning turning sakuya's blood into mecury and antimony, or at least contaminating it.

>These thoughts are so very comforting right now. Damn that maid, standing there in her pads, thinking she's fooling anyone! Maybe with just a little work on Mercury Poisoning...

>Examine Surroundings for ways to kill Sakuya if this ends badly

>Well, you do have your cards, and it is a good day thanks to Kanako. And there are all sorts of chairs and vases to make good bludgeons, the curtains have their drawing ropes, there is the loom across the room... You feel a bit better now.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
> "Very well, I will limit the scale of the spells I attempt to make unless absolutely necessary, and perhaps not do it quite so often. And I shall let the maids handle everything that does not involve my books as well. Is that acceptable? If there are any additional problems, do not hesitate to mention them."
> Even as you promise to limit the spells, contemplate a minor wind barrier spell to keep dust and allergens away from you to counteract your asthma.

« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »
>If this ends badly, hit Sakuya in the back of the head with a chair, presuming you can lift it.
>Also, if Sakuya turns on you, activate Metal Fatigue to leave her almost attackless.
>Negotiate and agreement between you and Sakuya

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
> "Very well, I will limit the scale of the spells I attempt to make unless absolutely necessary, and perhaps not do it quite so often. And I shall let the maids handle everything that does not involve my books as well. Is that acceptable? If there are any additional problems, do not hesitate to mention them."
> Even as you promise to limit the spells, contemplate a minor wind barrier spell to keep dust and allergens away from you to counteract your asthma.

>Remilia nods. "That'll be good, don't you think Sakuya, dear?"
>Sakuya nods. You can tell she's suspicious from the stiffness of the motion, though. She's not buying it.
>If you could get Kanako to teach you a few things...but that'd take time. Still, there's always the moon to reach for.

>If this ends badly, hit Sakuya in the back of the head with a chair, presuming you can lift it.
>Also, if Sakuya turns on you, activate Metal Fatigue to leave her almost attackless.
>Negotiate and agreement between you and Sakuya

>You make plans for the future.
>Negotiating is a good idea!

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2009, 01:09:18 AM »
> Ponder why Remilia keeps using "we."