Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 224980 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2018, 06:05:33 PM »
> There's no reason to back off now! Push it to the limit!

>You push as far as you can go, and feel a decent amount of mana flow through you. You can feel the spell take hold, and the cascading sand begins to slow. That's...strange. But it allows plenty of time for Archer to get out of the way, and move around the slowly falling edifice, as Caster drifts back close to Georgia and retracting his parachute the moment he hits the ground, the song unbroken the entire time.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »
> Phew! Let it go once Archer's out of the way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #542 on: April 04, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »
> Phew! Let it go once Archer's out of the way.

>You let it go, and the sand slowly begins to cascade down again.
>"Thanks!" Archer sends.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #543 on: April 04, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »
> "I'm not sure how I did that, but you're welcome!"
> Since everyone's moving further up the beach, watch for an opportunity to advance safely and plant a new wall as cover.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: April 04, 2018, 09:05:33 PM »
> "I'm not sure how I did that, but you're welcome!"
> Since everyone's moving further up the beach, watch for an opportunity to advance safely and plant a new wall as cover.

>"What?" Archer says, then adds, "No time for this!"
>You move to keep pace with the others. How must distance will you allow between them and yourself?

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #545 on: April 04, 2018, 10:34:10 PM »
> Keep about the same distance from Caster as we have until now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #546 on: April 04, 2018, 10:55:15 PM »
> Keep about the same distance from Caster as we have until now.

>You move in a little, and create a new wall. This one doesn't seem to have unusual mana drain either.
>As you do, Archer sends out several more arrows. This time, Caster doesn't even seem to bother to dodge. They flight straight at him, until there's a series of loud pops and momentary flashes of lightning from Georgia. The arrows simply fall out of the air, useless. A moment later, Caster's music distorts, and you feel as though you've been kicked in the gut!

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #547 on: April 04, 2018, 11:42:03 PM »
> "Oof!" Collapse behind our wall for a sec.
> "I guess you couldn't shoot her if you wanted to. Hey, are her eyes open? I tried blinding her earlier, I can do it again."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #548 on: April 05, 2018, 12:45:17 AM »
> "Oof!" Collapse behind our wall for a sec.
> "I guess you couldn't shoot her if you wanted to. Hey, are her eyes open? I tried blinding her earlier, I can do it again."

>You lean against the wall, which certainly helps.
>"No, she's definitely not seeing anything," Archer sends back. "I don't think she needed to see for that!"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #549 on: April 05, 2018, 02:45:30 AM »
> "Well, that's obnoxious!"
> Think for a bit...
> "Hey, this is kind of a crapshoot, but your phantasm can poison trees, right? Does it work on wood in general? Because old guitars are made of wood."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #550 on: April 05, 2018, 10:33:56 AM »
> "Well, that's obnoxious!"
> Think for a bit...
> "Hey, this is kind of a crapshoot, but your phantasm can poison trees, right? Does it work on wood in general? Because old guitars are made of wood."

>"No, it has to be a tree in the ground," Archer sends, as she fires a couple more arrows, both struck down by cracks of lightning. Casters music takes on on a slower, more distorted pace.

>_

« Reply #551 on: April 05, 2018, 12:03:32 PM »
>What's the terrain above the beach like? Specifically note if there is any foliage.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #552 on: April 05, 2018, 12:21:55 PM »
>What's the terrain above the beach like? Specifically note if there is any foliage.

>There is cloudy sky above the beach, and little to no terrain at all. To the north is the ocean, though at this point it's probably technically a bay.  To the south there are some houses with scattered trees in their yards, fences don't see to be common. You came from the east, there's more beach that way. To the west is also more beach, but you think that soon ends in a river.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
I don't think NFMK is gonna be useful in this fight, the distortion can probably strip away her stealth. Also, as long as we're on the beach, Caster is just attacking us with sand, and I don't really want to add trees and rocks to the mix.

> Peer over our wall and try to get a sense of the power dynamic here. Is Georgia doing her lightning thing under her own power or is she getting energy from Caster?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #554 on: April 05, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »
> Peer over our wall and try to get a sense of the power dynamic here. Is Georgia doing her lightning thing under her own power or is she getting energy from Caster?

>You are certain that it is something she is doing herself.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2018, 02:44:46 PM »
Wait a minute, if that's the case, then maybe...

> "Archer! She's using her own mana to power her magic music! If we can disrupt her playing somehow, you can concentrate more on Caster! So maybe we should aim for her instrument and not his..."
> ...Also, we did bring our phone along, right?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #556 on: April 05, 2018, 02:47:01 PM »
> "Actually, even if you can't land a hit, I bet that uses a lot of mana...I'd be surprised if she could keep it up for long."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #557 on: April 05, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »
> "Actually, even if you can't land a hit, I bet that uses a lot of mana...I'd be surprised if she could keep it up for long."

>"It's a question of how long she needs to stall,"  Archer sends. The wind is picking up suddenly.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »
> "Ugh, here we go. He's probably taking to the air..."
> "If you can lead him away, I'll advance on Georgia and wreck her keyboard with magic."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2018, 04:58:15 PM »
> "Ugh, here we go. He's probably taking to the air..."
> "If you can lead him away, I'll advance on Georgia and wreck her keyboard with magic."

>"Maybe," Archer sends back. "Be careful, you might get shocked too."
>The sand near Archer explodes outside, forcing her to leap back.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »
> Take cover and see what they do next.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »
> Take cover and see what they do next.

>You take cover. The song shifts pitch several more times, each time punctuated by another explosion of sand, and some profanity from Archer at one point. You can hear sand caught by the wind hitting your wall.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »
> Pop back up and take stock of the situation again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2018, 07:55:08 PM »
> Pop back up and take stock of the situation again.

>You pop up, and get a faceful of sand! It seems there is a sandstorm raging now, and Archer has been forced back from Caster and his Master. Georgia seems to be drawing back, clutching her keyboard to her chest.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2018, 09:18:04 PM »
> Time for science! Let's see if we can slow the sand again, even if it's in the air this time...
> Chuck out another Wall ahead, in Archer's vicinity, and see if we get the same feeling from it as before.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2018, 10:38:11 PM »
> Time for science! Let's see if we can slow the sand again, even if it's in the air this time...
> Chuck out another Wall ahead, in Archer's vicinity, and see if we get the same feeling from it as before.

>You cast a Wall spell in archer's general direction. It lands nowhere near here. This time, you try to draw upon mana, and nothing happens at all. It simply doesn't come to you and the rock just lies there, unused.

>_

« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2018, 11:39:34 PM »
>"Something seems to be affecting my magic, I think it might be Caster. I don't know how reliable it's going to be here."
>Can we tell if Georgia is still sparking?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2018, 11:56:50 PM »
>"Something seems to be affecting my magic, I think it might be Caster. I don't know how reliable it's going to be here."
>Can we tell if Georgia is still sparking?

>"Hell," Archer replies.
>She doe snot seem to be, she seems to have stopped playing entirely.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #568 on: April 06, 2018, 01:54:13 AM »
Okay, from what we've observed so far:
- We were able to cast a spell well beyond its normal parameters while Georgia was playing.
- We have failed repeatedly to cast spells beyond their normal parameters while Georgia was not playing.

Theory: Georgia herself is low-grade antimagic, but while she's playing she reverses the effect.

Therefore:
- While Georgia is playing, Archer will have a harder time dealing with Caster, but we may be able to mitigate it somewhat with our own supercharged spells.
- While Georgia is not playing, Archer has a better chance of succeeding, but we can't do shit personally.

Conclusion: ?\(?_o)/?

> "No, wait, I think I get it. Georgia's playing might make everyone's magic stronger, including mine, but it's weak otherwise."
> "I'm not sure how to make a strategy out of that, but maybe we can adapt as we go!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2018, 02:25:46 AM »
> "No, wait, I think I get it. Georgia's playing might make everyone's magic stronger, including mine, but it's weak otherwise."
> "I'm not sure how to make a strategy out of that, but maybe we can adapt as we go!"

>"Are you sure it's not Caster?" Archer says, as she leaps away from another sand explosion, "He's doing a lot of crazy crap right now!"

>_