Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 224937 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »
> "...Alright. That should do it."
> "Oh, geez, what time is it? Let's get that fire started and roast some hot dogs."
> What the heck is a dancing plant and where are they found?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2018, 01:19:00 AM »
> "...Alright. That should do it."
> "Oh, geez, what time is it? Let's get that fire started and roast some hot dogs."
> What the heck is a dancing plant and where are they found?

>"It's still well in the afternoon," Archer says. "A bit early for supper, but we could always get more later."
>Archer sets to work making a fire, which involves rolling a stick between her hands against another stick until she manages to get some of the wood dust to ignore, then puts that onto some dried leaves she gathered and blowing on it. Frankly a lighter and some paper would be easier, but you suspect she's enjoying herself.
>While she does that, you refresh yourself on dancing plants.  More properly known as Desmodium Gyrans, they are native to many parts of Asia, and are known for their sensitivity to vibrations. Thus, when music is played near them, they start to twitch their leaves. Finding one here, though, will be a bit tricky. It shouldn't be impossible, but buying one outright might be.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2018, 01:23:50 AM »
> "That's probably not a bad idea, we'll likely be up quite late..."
> Music, eh??
> Fold arms. "Archer! I have a mission for you. Steal that lady's keyboard."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2018, 01:26:20 AM »
> "That's probably not a bad idea, we'll likely be up quite late..."
> Music, eh??
> Fold arms. "Archer! I have a mission for you. Steal that lady's keyboard."

>"Huh? Why?" says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2018, 01:39:24 AM »
> "I'm joking, I'm joking."
> "I'm gonna need some kind of instrument though. I'm working out a way to hide this mana thing so nobody will find it if they're not looking for it, and I need a certain kind of plant that you can spot by how it reacts to music."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2018, 01:51:20 AM »
> "I'm joking, I'm joking."
> "I'm gonna need some kind of instrument though. I'm working out a way to hide this mana thing so nobody will find it if they're not looking for it, and I need a certain kind of plant that you can spot by how it reacts to music."

>"Does it react to singing?" Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2018, 02:04:25 AM »
> "It should? But it'll take us a while to find one. We might be singing for hours."
> "I don't think playing music on my phone will work either, the speaker is probably too tinny. Maybe a harmonica..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2018, 02:30:03 AM »
> "It should? But it'll take us a while to find one. We might be singing for hours."
> "I don't think playing music on my phone will work either, the speaker is probably too tinny. Maybe a harmonica..."

>"I guess the first question is, where do they grow?" says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2018, 02:36:04 AM »
> "Er, usually Asia. But we might be able to find one around here, it'll just take more searching."
> "I'll do some divinations before we leave, so we won't just be wandering around blindly, but we might need to take the car and go out a ways."
> "That's my plan for tomorrow, anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2018, 03:17:58 AM »
> "Er, usually Asia. But we might be able to find one around here, it'll just take more searching."
> "I'll do some divinations before we leave, so we won't just be wandering around blindly, but we might need to take the car and go out a ways."
> "That's my plan for tomorrow, anyway."

>"Sounds less like something we're going to find in the wild, and more like something we're going to find in some private garden," says Archer, as she starts to feed kindling into the fire.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2018, 03:26:24 AM »
> "That may be the case." Tent fingers. "Well, you don't mind pilfering it for me, right? I only need one."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2018, 03:35:11 AM »
> "That may be the case." Tent fingers. "Well, you don't mind pilfering it for me, right? I only need one."

>"Pfft, like I'd object to a little evening of the odds," says Archer, sitting up from the pit now that the fire is starting to look like a proper campfire.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2018, 03:47:04 AM »
> "Ah, that's a nice looking fire. Almost feels like a waste that it's not chilly out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2018, 04:22:32 AM »
> "Ah, that's a nice looking fire. Almost feels like a waste that it's not chilly out."

>"You'll be happy enough for it if those clouds crack open," Archer says. "Though in that case, I ought to rig up a canopy to keep the rain from getting on it. And I still think I ought to get to work on some charcoal if we're going to stay here."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
> "Archer, you do whatever your heart pleases. I'm just going to be dawdling during most of the day anyhow."
> Dig into the cooler. "Want a hot dog? It's a kind of cheap pork sausage, it's good though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
> "Archer, you do whatever your heart pleases. I'm just going to be dawdling during most of the day anyhow."
> Dig into the cooler. "Want a hot dog? It's a kind of cheap pork sausage, it's good though."

>"Just wanted to make sure before I did it. It'll have to burn all night." says Archer. "And yeah, that sounds great."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #346 on: March 21, 2018, 01:47:54 PM »
> Find a pointy stick appropriate for hot dog roasting, and have a seat by the fire.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #347 on: March 21, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »
> Find a pointy stick appropriate for hot dog roasting, and have a seat by the fire.

>It doesn't take long to find a good stick out of the pile of kindling that Archer has set aside. Sitting by the little fire, it is a bit warm given the june day, but not so much that it's particularly unpleasant right now. Archer is doing a good job from keeping it getting too big.

>_
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:56:11 PM by Purvis Black »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #348 on: March 21, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »
> Cook up them dogs! Let Archer have the first one. (With a bun and fixin's, of course.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:23:44 PM by Stuffman »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #349 on: March 22, 2018, 12:00:57 AM »
> Cook up them dogs! Let Archer have the first one. (With a bun and fixin's, of course.)

>You start cooking up dogs! You've never actually done this before, but it doesn't seem to be very haird, you just have to watch for when it starts to split and turn colors.
>You offer Archer the first one with a bun and traditional fixings.  "Hm," she says after taking a bite. "I expected it was going to be full of gristle. This isn't half bad! The yellow stuff does a lot for it."
>Sampling your first one, you have to admit, cooking them over an open flame definitely does something for them.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #350 on: March 22, 2018, 12:15:18 AM »
> Nomf. So good!
> "That yellow condiment would be mustard. Rather mild mustard, though; spicier variants are more brown."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2018, 12:46:11 AM »
> Nomf. So good!
> "That yellow condiment would be mustard. Rather mild mustard, though; spicier variants are more brown."

>No wonder Archer likes making fires and stuff.
>"We should get some later," Archer says, as she claims a stick to cook another for herself.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2018, 01:30:19 AM »
> "Sure, it's cheap enough. There's also honey mustard if you want to go the other direction and try something sweet."
> "So, do you want to have a little strategy meeting? I can't help but feel a beach town isn't really your ideal battleground...it's all one-story buildings and no cover otherwise."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2018, 01:37:57 AM »
> "Sure, it's cheap enough. There's also honey mustard if you want to go the other direction and try something sweet."
> "So, do you want to have a little strategy meeting? I can't help but feel a beach town isn't really your ideal battleground...it's all one-story buildings and no cover otherwise."

>"Yes, we need to get that too," Archer says.
>She nods in agreement. "It'll be a problem, in terms of my phantasms. I'm clearly at my best while in places like this, but parks and such should would well too. That said, I've seen a lot of cover in town. The roofs are covered with all sorts of metal stuff, and I imagine there will still be some cars around."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #354 on: March 22, 2018, 03:03:24 AM »
> "Hmm...we should familiarize ourselves with the map and slowly lead them towards the nearest bunch of trees, just in case we end up needing your phantasm. Since you've got the range advantage, I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to kite them a bit. Although they could start trying to escape instead..."
> "I'm a little worried about getting caught in the open myself, since I can't use the roofs. You might need to cart me around a bit like you did against Rider."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2018, 04:21:03 AM »
> "Hmm...we should familiarize ourselves with the map and slowly lead them towards the nearest bunch of trees, just in case we end up needing your phantasm. Since you've got the range advantage, I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to kite them a bit. Although they could start trying to escape instead..."
> "I'm a little worried about getting caught in the open myself, since I can't use the roofs. You might need to cart me around a bit like you did against Rider."

>"That's not impossible," says Archer, "But it will slow me down. And you'd need to stay close. How about our friend with the keyboard, though?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:38 AM »
> "I'll do my best. As for her, only attack her as a last resort. I don't want to kill any more masters if we don't have to."
> "I know it would probably be easy to catch her out in the open, but I don't want to win that way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2018, 04:38:04 AM »
> "I'll do my best. As for her, only attack her as a last resort. I don't want to kill any more masters if we don't have to."
> "I know it would probably be easy to catch her out in the open, but I don't want to win that way."

>"Why's that?" says Archer. "I mean, I can solve it right there, really."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
> "Erm...well, I'd like to think the other masters would extend the same courtesy?
> "Usually a Grail War is full of ruthless big-name magi who've been preparing for this sort of thing their whole lives. People like Eileen. But this one is more likely to have ordinary people who aren't comfortable with killing each other. Like, Kimimela doesn't like me, but I don't think she's planning to kill me."
> "So it's easier on my conscience to defeat the servant and force the master to surrender."
> Flip hotdog. "...That said, if we're losing control of the situation, just shoot them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:44 PM »
> "Erm...well, I'd like to think the other masters would extend the same courtesy?
> "Usually a Grail War is full of ruthless big-name magi who've been preparing for this sort of thing their whole lives. People like Eileen. But this one is more likely to have ordinary people who aren't comfortable with killing each other. Like, Kimimela doesn't like me, but I don't think she's planning to kill me."
> "So it's easier on my conscience to defeat the servant and force the master to surrender."
> Flip hotdog. "...That said, if we're losing control of the situation, just shoot them."

>She nods, as you flip your hotdog. There's an art to doing this just enough that they get done, but not too charred. "Alright. And for what it's worth, I think you're right. I get the feeling Kimimela talks a bigger game than she's willing to play."

>_