Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 224755 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 3: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2018, 10:24:44 PM »
> "Well, you already told me what I needed to know personally...but I guess maybe I could make some better guesses as to what's going on if I knew what a normal Grail War looks like."
> "Have there ever been any servants with classes outside the standard seven before?"

>"From what I understand, people have tried in the past?" she says. "I saw a note on it for the...third grail war, I think?"
>You think you've read something about that, a failed experiment to create an eighth in order to tip the scales in favor of one family.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2018, 10:39:48 PM »
> "So, you can't do it on purpose...that means a weird class would probably have to be assigned by the Grail itself. That's what I was expecting."
> "Explorer's identity - I won't say who it was because even I wanted to cry when I figured it out - didn't make sense to be summoned as anything other than Rider. But if Koch had already summoned a Rider, he'd have to get a different class."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2018, 11:37:20 PM »
> "So, you can't do it on purpose...that means a weird class would probably have to be assigned by the Grail itself. That's what I was expecting."
> "Explorer's identity - I won't say who it was because even I wanted to cry when I figured it out - didn't make sense to be summoned as anything other than Rider. But if Koch had already summoned a Rider, he'd have to get a different class."

>"I suppose that's as good of a reason as any," says Sister Gibson. "I wonder how she did it?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2018, 11:49:52 PM »
> "Is getting a different class something you would have to do on purpose? Would it just fail if she tried to summon a Rider when there was already one in the game?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2018, 11:59:02 PM »
> "Is getting a different class something you would have to do on purpose? Would it just fail if she tried to summon a Rider when there was already one in the game?"

>"My question is, why would it work at all if there's already a full set?" says Sister Gibson.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »
> "Huh, I didn't even consider that angle."
> "Explorer's master was a Yggdmillenia. I suppose if there was a way to hack it, she would've had the resources to find out how. It might explain why I feel so weird about Explorer's data."
> "But, she didn't know anything about this Grail War either. So, her forcing her way in wouldn't account for the weirdness of it..."
> "What exactly do you need to start a Grail War, anyway? Just a ton of mana?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2018, 12:36:50 AM »
> "Huh, I didn't even consider that angle."
> "Explorer's master was a Yggdmillenia. I suppose if there was a way to hack it, she would've had the resources to find out how. It might explain why I feel so weird about Explorer's data."
> "But, she didn't know anything about this Grail War either. So, her forcing her way in wouldn't account for the weirdness of it..."
> "What exactly do you need to start a Grail War, anyway? Just a ton of mana?"

>"My understanding isn't quite clear," says Sister Gibson. "But I think that's, essentially, it? The "grail" that the other wars were about was just that, a huge clump of potential power that tapped into...whatever this system they're using is, to reach outside the world and grab what would be, essentially, unlimited power and direct it for a wish before the whole thing shuts down. So. I'm thinking that if that's the case, they would need some kind of source of power like that, and they'd need to know how to use the framework to reach out and make the wish happen. And, you know, summon the servants and everything."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2018, 01:27:37 AM »
> "It's all a little over my head, to be honest. But I get that you'd need to have access to some world-class resources to do it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2018, 03:14:01 AM »
> "It's all a little over my head, to be honest. But I get that you'd need to have access to some world-class resources to do it."

>"And no one was the wiser," says Sister Gibson. "You'd think someone would have noticed?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2018, 04:11:28 AM »
> "If I was running with the idea that someone had 'bought' their way into a Grail War...maybe they managed to steal the information or resources from the magus families by having someone on the inside, or something like that."
> "I can't imagine you would be able to bribe someone with just money, though, since those families already have plenty. You'd have to be someone with real power. Like, well, Koch."
> "That's all just conjecture though. I think I'll have to meet more masters to learn more. If I run into another big-name billionaire, though, I think that'll answer the question."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2018, 05:25:59 AM »
> "If I was running with the idea that someone had 'bought' their way into a Grail War...maybe they managed to steal the information or resources from the magus families by having someone on the inside, or something like that."
> "I can't imagine you would be able to bribe someone with just money, though, since those families already have plenty. You'd have to be someone with real power. Like, well, Koch."
> "That's all just conjecture though. I think I'll have to meet more masters to learn more. If I run into another big-name billionaire, though, I think that'll answer the question."

>"I think, if someone were throwing around that much money or soft power, someone in the occult world would have taken note," says Sister Gibson. "Too many people seem surprised for that. That's just about all that keeps me from buying it."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2018, 05:43:18 AM »
> "Hmm...what else could it be though? There's not any way a Grail War could start by some kind of freak accident, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2018, 05:51:43 AM »
> "Hmm...what else could it be though? There's not any way a Grail War could start by some kind of freak accident, right?"

>"Heavens, I hope not," says Sister Gibson says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2018, 02:53:32 PM »
> "Well, moving on for now..."
> "Where exactly is the Grail? Can it not be reached until someone wins the war?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
> "Well, moving on for now..."
> "Where exactly is the Grail? Can it not be reached until someone wins the war?"

>"It's not supposed to materialize until the servants have been pared down," says Sister Gibson. "Once some of them are gone, though, it should start to show signs of manifesting. A vessel may be required for it, I'm not too certain."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2018, 09:01:39 PM »
> "A vessel? What would the vessel be?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2018, 10:24:31 PM »
> "A vessel? What would the vessel be?"

>"If I understand correctly, originally it was a cup," says Sister Gibson. "But during the third war, it was damaged, and the Einzbern family has provided a homunculus to serve as the vessel."
>This does line up with your understanding of the situation. The homunculus thing was just a theory, though.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2018, 02:44:56 AM »
> "Oh, well that's slightly terrifying."
> "I imagine they're not going to hand over a homunculus for this one, though?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2018, 02:49:11 AM »
> "Oh, well that's slightly terrifying."
> "I imagine they're not going to hand over a homunculus for this one, though?"

>"I doubt they'd even have one ready in time if they were," says Sister Gibson.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
> "I'll keep my eye out for a really nice cup, I guess."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2018, 09:20:26 PM »
> "I'll keep my eye out for a really nice cup, I guess."

>She nods. "I want to get some information on just what the cup, or the homunculus, requires. But I doubt any of the families involved with this kind of thing would ever share it, let alone with us."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2018, 09:29:28 PM »
> "One of the other masters must know, if they started this business. I'll have to wring it out of them."
> "I can't think of any other questions right now..."
> "Oh, if they do manage to send an...executor, I think you said? What would be the difference between them and you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
> "One of the other masters must know, if they started this business. I'll have to wring it out of them."
> "I can't think of any other questions right now..."
> "Oh, if they do manage to send an...executor, I think you said? What would be the difference between them and you?"

>"Well," says Sister Gibson. "I'm just an archeologist. I would like to think my organization's reputation would protect me, but I admit there's little else. An executor, well, I'm sure they would give any magus a hard time, at least."
>You've vaguely heard of them. They are troubleshooters, in that they find trouble and then they shoot it. Usually magi don't have to worry about them, unless their arts take them a little too far into unforgivable sins such as raising a lot of dead.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2018, 09:56:13 PM »
> "Oh. Those executors. Let's hope that's unnecessary."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
> "Oh. Those executors. Let's hope that's unnecessary."

>"Frankly, I wish they'd have gotten here days ago," Sister Gibson says. "But it's not like we just have a room full of them waiting to go."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2018, 11:48:51 PM »
> "Oh, come to think of it, how did they find out a Grail War started, anyway? I only summoned Archer...what, three days ago?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2018, 12:00:50 AM »
> "Oh, come to think of it, how did they find out a Grail War started, anyway? I only summoned Archer...what, three days ago?"

>"That, I'm not sure," says Sister Gibson. "I was just contacted and informed that I was being put on this job due to being in the right place at the right time. My assumption is that someone detected was what going on. Or, maybe they got it from one of the magus families?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2018, 06:15:27 AM »
> "If they already know about it too, then that would make sense."
> "Do they expect you to do anything about it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2018, 07:14:29 AM »
> "If they already know about it too, then that would make sense."
> "Do they expect you to do anything about it?"

>"The Church wants me to find out what is going on if I can. But really, my job is just to confirm that this isn't the real Holy Grail." says Sister Gibson.
>Before you can say more, your meals arrive! Ah, it seems the sister has gotten herself a fairly sizable pot of fish stew.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »
> Let's find out what a $15 chicken sandwich tastes like.