Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V5  (Read 256185 times)

Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V5
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
Here's a pic I drew recently. That's Azusa from K-On!, if you couldn't guess.

Click

So, how does it look for someone that started drawing circa 6 months ago? Constructive criticism would be welcomed.

Also, ignore my colouring (I didn't put much effort into it) and especially these blurs of blue in her twintails (I tried something, which failed...)

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
@CookieJesus teach me how to draw hands

« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:07 PM »
Meh, normally I can't draw hands that well, this is just an exception because the reference work was so easy to copy :V

Took me mere 2 hours of non-stop drawing for the hands alone, so I guess my advice is... determination?

« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »
http://glimmeryleaf9.deviantart.com/art/Toyosatomimi-no-Miko-308773351

A sketchy Miko I did today in Paint.

How do you do thumbnails? I tried just now but it didn't show up.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »
http://glimmeryleaf9.deviantart.com/art/Toyosatomimi-no-Miko-308773351

A sketchy Miko I did today in Paint.

How do you do thumbnails? I tried just now but it didn't show up.
Wooah, that's the first Miko fanart I've ever seen where she's looking to her left
Is that kanji on her earphones canon?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »
Wooah, that's the first Miko fanart I've ever seen where she's looking to her left
Is that kanji on her earphones canon?

I don't know, I just copied the kanji from her right earphone, assuming it's the same on both sides. One was visible, the other just had a curve.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2012, 03:06:22 AM »
Here's a pic I drew recently. That's Azusa from K-On!, if you couldn't guess.

Click

So, how does it look for someone that started drawing circa 6 months ago? Constructive criticism would be welcomed.

Also, ignore my colouring (I didn't put much effort into it) and especially these blurs of blue in her twintails (I tried something, which failed...)
By reference pic, I bet you mean this
I'd say it looks pretty good if you only started 6 months ago.
I'm not sure how you were using your refpic - either as a refpic to draw Azusa or just straight trying to draw the refpic - so I can't really say much.
However, I say that it's a good thing that you're starting with graph paper since you learn positioning, distances, proportions, etc. a lot faster. I remember I had a lot of trouble with one of the eyes always being a bit lopsided or smaller.
The first thing I noticed is that your eyes are different from the refpic. That's good, that you assert your own individuality, but also because you can waste a loo~t of time on anime eyes and trying to get them to look right when you start out. It was especially terrible for me since I started with Clamp.
I can, though, tell that you did refer to your refpic quite a bit. You may have realized that your drawing kind of started getting 'un-parallel' to the refpic as you drew, and it's because you decided to raise the head instead of going for the bowing pose that the refpic was going for. Which is why you raised the left arm (her right) a bit so that it touches with the hair - which you also seem to have adjusted so it touches the index finger. This also tells me that you're tackling drawing straight ahead and you start getting into 'detail' before you finish sketching out the entire image. It's not a bad thing though since it could help, though it might be harder to break out of this habit if you develop one.
But again, I don't really know what you were going for, so I don't really know what to say except: Just keep doing what you're doing, and keep practicing practicing practicing. Also, be pleased with your drawing, but don't be satisfied with it. Drawing takes hand-mind-eye coordination, artistic intuition, and an 'artist's eye' which takes time to develop, so keep at it with mega passion.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »
Wow, thanks for the elaborated answer!

Yeah, I just tried to draw the refpic, because everything except the face and hair gives me massive problems, especially hands and feet. Damn anatomy.  :V
And it's not that I "decided" to raise the head, it's more, that I can't draw it any other way, currently. But in that case it maybe was just more of a habit, because, yeah, I really don't sketch my drawings out or think about them beforehand.
But with my latest two pictures I not only broke the habit of drawing people just in frontal view, I also sketched it a little bit out in the beginning, so we'll see how that changes in the future.

Now I only need some ideas what/who to draw. This is the only thing restricting me from drawing more often.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »

« Reply #309 on: June 27, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:55:22 PM by Savory »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2012, 12:40:16 AM »
http://fav.me/d55lyc6

Harking back to the days when I tried to make a Touhou fanfic/comic called Touhou Shingensou.

« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2012, 03:08:49 AM »
Thesis statement of my new creation, Summernight Dreamed: If you think Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff looks shitty when it's made by someone who's actually a talented artist, imagine what it would look like when it's made by someone who can't draw!

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »
Thesis statement of my new creation, Summernight Dreamed: If you think Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff looks shitty when it's made by someone who's actually a talented artist, imagine what it would look like when it's made by someone who can't draw!

W-where are the comic sans ; ;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
W-where are the comic sans ; ;
I just wanted to take it in a different direction, and Arial smacks of an entirely different kind of lazy. :3

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »
Just a quick Alice thing.

SealedDarkness

• Hopeless bullet magnet
« Reply #317 on: July 09, 2012, 07:09:02 AM »

Whoopsie, probably should have posted here before starting my own art thread >>

A quick Okami-esque Byakuren for you today.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2012, 03:53:41 AM »
No! Don't feel bad at all or feel like you HAVE to post in this thread first! Individual threads are better for people who art constantly, but there are plenty of people who make threads of their own to post just one or two pictures and that's it. So if you want to have your own thread, go right ahead, there's no hard and fast rule about it.

On-topic, very nice Byakuren. :)

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:10 PM »
I've been trying to draw figures in poses I haven't drawn before, and I'd like advice on fixing the errors on this drawing. I can tell theres something wrong with the hips, but idk how to make them look better. I think there is more too, but I can't seem to find it.

I'd appreciate help :)

draganuv15

« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »

« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2012, 06:58:58 AM »

« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2012, 06:24:27 AM »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2012, 07:52:15 AM »
Just a quick Alice thing.

mm nice!! o: so cool

A quick Okami-esque Byakuren for you today.

cute hijiri!  :D

http://www.fileize.com/view/e660464f-cd2/

Murasa!

That's a pretty neat captain you have there! Though the shading on the clothes can hardly be seen, use more contrast next tiem :L

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2012, 05:20:55 AM »
So I did some digital again, a soft light colored chibi yuyuko. (because I really REALLY like light colors like a lot)
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/shinypachirisu/yuyukomini.png
I hope yall like it.

EDIT: worked out the picture more with ep, now it looks a LOT better, with a background!
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/shinypachirisu/yuyukomini5-1.png
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:17:53 PM by Ice-Fire-Bolt »

« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
That Yuyuko is cute ^^

I drew a Rin

When I searched Rin Kaenbyou in dA this was almost on the last page OTL

« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
That Yuyuko is cute ^^

I drew a Rin

When I searched Rin Kaenbyou in dA this was almost on the last page OTL

Dat colouring. You must tell me how you colour them clothes.

On a side note, you'll need to fix the face structure. Neck seems a bit too thin and I believe the shoulders should be slightly wider. Braids also look pretty stiff, and arms look like tubes of flesh, although how you're going to fix that, I don't know.

On a side side note, do you draw the character naked (or at least, a general guide to where all them limbs are)?

« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
I'm aware that there are a lot of things wrong with the body structure in most things I draw, I just don't know how to fix most of them. OTL I wish I was better at arms, but they always come out shapeless. When I try to draw them with more shape they look too defined.
I sometimes draw a general guide, but this time I didn't feel like it.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
Never fear, your local artist without an artist title is here! Now gimme a bit to point out some things of improvements to help you along your way of becoming an anime master! (which sucks because your better at shading than me D: )

YUYU COMMENTARY WITH PICTURE EDIT WITH HELPFULNESS INCOMMING (LOTS TO READ)
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/shinypachirisu/rin_kaenbyou_by_glimmeryleaf9-d599x3u.png

Ok hers some helpfulness. Theirs actually nothing wrong with her neck in my opinion. (I draw necks like that) but it you wana make it nicer, dont shrink it, make it a little bit wider, and its perfect. The head looks a bit alien like for one reason, her mouth is off. And yah, one little thing like that can throw an entire face off. you see, you know how fave jaws when drawn in anime are like a V, then two lines up, indenting a little, then half a circle for the top of the head? Right where the V stops is where the mouth is saposd to be. Or at least thats what ive noticed recently. Yours is....right at the eyes :V so she totally has an alien like face. I draw some blue lines for a common anime face and did a yellow mouth where it should be, and it looks right to me. Also on the side I gave you two references, one of your style kinda, with the indent more lined up, and one of mine.
Ill even link you some images where the mouth is done this way, and looks accurate, so you can see what I mean
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=anime#/dfjv4z
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=anime#/d4srtji
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=anime&offset=24#/d18vd5a
(also note, if the mouth is open, you line up the top of the mouth, not the middle, as seen in image 3)
(on a side side note, the distance between the mouth and the eyes determines the age of a character, which is why chibis have a VERY wide jaw, that lowers the mouth, and they usually lower the eyes two, so their practically toughing, making them look younger.)

I also took the liberty of analyzing your body proportions on your character. (where the circles are is where the knees should be) the arms look a tad long so if your legs on your picture are longer than I think (knees are lower) its fine dont change a thing.

Now with the also comment on the stiff hair, I see it too. your biggest problem here is her dress is all flowy and gorgeous, but her hair keeps a perfect shape. Make it flow with the wind.  And DO NOT have them in the same shape if they wind is affecting them.

As with her stick arms, I drew something for that too! :D
arms are kinda like legs in my opinion (what no they arnt! Going straight to the little image I draw cause the one I drew on her arm is a tad off, an arm has this thing called fat. fat is affected by gravity. So when you make their arms out-dent, do it at the bottom of the arm. have it come in at the wrist. Have the part  above the elbow a little thicker. (not all slender, thats for lower arm) have the top part of the arms have only slight curves, while the bottom ones are more dramatic. And have the bottom lower arm fat be more towards the elbow, KINDA LIKE A LEG.

Ok, thats my version of help (never done this before) so I hope it helps and I hope you dont kill me for drawing on your picture :V
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:12:02 PM by Ice-Fire-Bolt »

« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
asdfdfgk you have no idea how helpful that was, thank you so much xD
I'm better at drawing faces at a 3/4 angle (like the DM and Miko pictures earlier) so when I draw people facing forward they tend to look like that. But now I know what I'm doing wrong, so thank you!