Author Topic: PoFV gameplay mechanics..  (Read 5283 times)

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
PoFV gameplay mechanics..
« on: August 16, 2009, 02:41:05 PM »
Hi,

There's two things about PoFV's gameplay that still has me rather clueless as to how it works. The first thing is the combo-system, which is the big point awarder in both Story and Extra Mode. How does it work? Is it about how many fairies you can pop without actually shooting the ones after the one up front?

Secondly, what are the numbers that are next to the charge meter for?

Thanks! :)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: PoFV gameplay mechanics..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »
Secondly, what are the numbers that are next to the charge meter for?
Those are the current level for your spell attacks. Left is for Fairy and Witch spells (AKA you spam the enemy field) and right is for Dragon spells (AKA Boss summon).

Desert

• Teehee!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »
The first thing is the combo-system, which is the big point awarder in both Story and Extra Mode. How does it work? Is it about how many fairies you can pop without actually shooting the ones after the one up front?

The combo system pretty much works like this: Destroy a fairy or activated spirit, small blue ring explosion, chain reaction causing fairies and spirits to cause similar small blue explosions, everything that can disappear is added to the combo counter (spirits, fairies, and pellet bullets). Of course a combo stops itself if you start another one during the first combo.

I think that's pretty much it.
Yup, still lurking.

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:05:29 PM »
Ah, so that's how it works. Thanks alot for enlightening me. :)

Regarding the level of my spell attacks, is there anything I can do to positively affect it or is it a purely automatic thing?

Thanks again.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
Regarding the level of my spell attacks, is there anything I can do to positively affect it or is it a purely automatic thing?
It increases with each sucessive cast. Keep in mind that the Dragon class spells have shared level, that means, both of you will have the same level at all times, and both player's level will increase when either of you does a Boss summon.

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »
All right, that does sound reasonable. :)

One last thing though. How exactly does the Fairy and Witch spells (I'm working under the assumption that those are the lvl 2 and 3 charges?) become stronger as they gain a higher level? As far as I know, the amount of projectiles that they throw out does not increase?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
The density of Lv. 2 and Lv. 3 attacks does increase over time, but not necessarily with each level.
For the most part they get faster.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:18:29 AM »
if you start a new combo before the combo bar runs out, the score for the new combo is added to any combos made since that particular combo bar started. not sure if this gives an actual increase to the amount of points each enemy in a combo is worth.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 01:19:44 AM »
IIRC the point value of each fairy increases every time you shoot one down.