Author Topic: Defence of the Shrines, the Remaking  (Read 75853 times)

Defence of the Shrines, the Remaking
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
Defense (for you American English types) of the Shrines, the Remaking

Note: The name of the map might change later on, to avoid confusion with the original over at touhou.cc.

So sometime ago I mentioned that I wanted to rewrite the map, to get rid of the patchwork coding and optimize the thing since the newer versions lag like a beast.  FYI the map is approximately twice the size of what you actually see in-game and has a craptonne of custom doodads (trees) and destructables that merely have their names changed. Another source of lag which I may not be able to get rid of for now is the high-poly count models used in the external model pack. It's not noticeable on my desktop, which I will add is jurassic at 8+ years of age, but on my 5 year old netbook (an Asus Eee PC S101), it drops the average fps by about 2 when high-poly Reimu is moving around on-screen as compared to 0.967g Reimu. Anyway...

As you can see, I've junked almost everything in the map - items, skills, units, custom doodads and destructables, and code. Ignore the regeneration display here - it comes from the maphack that I was testing with for an anti-maphack system that I was writing at that point.

I'm targeting having only the EoSD and PCB heros done up before the any serious playtests. This should keep things realistically achievable (trying to put in heros from 6 games in the first iteration will kill a lone coder), and yet have enough substance for meaningful playtests. I've also changed the hero selection system back to a tavern one. Hero selection is but one small part of the game and is not worth leaking over 3000 handles in the map that cannot be cleared up because the WC3 engine does not allow one to remove or move trackables. Choose your hero, and get on with the game. I have no idea why so many anime maps are obsessed with Street Fighter-like character selection systems.

The damage system has been replaced with a custom-made one that allows for more efficient (and properly done) damage-adjustment and custom damage types. The damage and buff display system is modeled after Diablo 3's. Damage display can be turned on and off by the -dispdmg command (off by default). Note also a possibly new stat system. Heros will still be classified by Str/Agi/Int internally, though I hope to display this via a dummy skill. This system should allow the regeneration statistic to readily read off (white = hp regen, green = mp regen, both divided by 10 for the actual value per second), but more importantly, I wanted strength to increase hp/hp regen/dmg for str heros, agility to increase aspd/dmg for agi heros, and int to increase mp/mp regen/dmg for int heros, breaking the link between agility and armour. The link between agility and armour always made it difficult to tweak the defences of agility-based heros without ruining other heros as well. Additionally, aspd and dmg synergize well automagically, but the bonuses from the other stat increases do not (not automatically anyway). The reason for this approach, instead of setting it to 0 armour per agility stat point, is that WC3 internally seems to count decimal values for armour and agility but custom abilities can only add integer values. The jury is still out on this one - it's a simple matter to change it back to the old one if I eventually find this too cumbersome to work with. That's another benefit of keeping the character list for the first iteration of the map to only EoSD and PCB heros.

The circular icon in the middle row of the abilities for Reimu is the team pinger. You can now set the countdown to be anywhere between 1s to 9s using the -ping x command.

There are currently 8 stores:
1. Groceries (miscellanous stuff, e.g. wards)
2. Travellers' Goods (movement-related stuff)
3. Canteen (consumables)
4. Souvenirs (stat-items and jewellery)
5. Clothes and Fashion (armour)
6. Hardware Store (weapons)
7. Magical Items (exactly what it suggests)
8. Legendary Artefacts (higher-tier items)

The item system has an auto-fuse feature - if you have enough gold for the rest of the items required for a recipe, it will auto-buy and fuse the items for you if you purchase and activate the recipe. And yes you can do things like purchase more TP scrolls with a full inventory. And you have a stash (notice that the shop was selected even though Reimu is nowhere near it)

Pressing Esc will toggle between selecting the shop and the shrine. As of now, the random weather system works. The creep spawning system works. The neutral spawning system works, with linked camps, except for the giant shanghai doll and yukkuri camps (will replace them with something similar later)

Status system testing - this one will allow for very fast creation of custom status effects as well as on-the-fly adjusting of status effect durations and status effect resistances.

On to other stuff...

Re-designing
Instead of yukkuri couriers, I'm probably going to go with fairies as couriers and yukkuris as a more expensive alternative. Yukkuris will teleport while fairies can fly.

Reimu and Marisa, being the two long-standing protagonists, will get an alternate skillset for no reason other than fun.

Other characters that I have designs written for: Reimu, Marisa, Rumia, Sakuya, Flandre, Remilia, Youmu.

Characters that I have ideas about, but have yet to finish writing: Patchouli, Alice, Yukari, Cirno, Letty, Yuyuko.

Characters that I have no ideas about: Koakuma, Chen, Ran.

Characters that have ideas submitted: Meiling, Lily White, Lyrica, Merlin and Lunasa Prismriver.

These are still open to modification. Feel free to submit suggestions for any character, but do recognize that it may not make it into the map in the form that you suggested. I'll need to see how it fits in with the rest of the characters, tweak the stats accordingly, and might even have to cannibalize some skills that might better suit some other character or just drop a skill or two that already duplicates someone else's skill. I'm also hoping to design the characters to be more true to their canon-self. Sometimes fanon traits and memes get taken way too far and we end up with silly things like the whole Suwako and "2" meme (even worse than Cirno's 9-ball meme) -.-;;

Beyond these, feel free to also suggest ideas for items. I'm looking at the old THMoon's items in the meantime - some of them seem like they belong naturally in a Touhou DotA-like game.

Resources
Points, power and faith are still in the map. No changes there, except I'd like to do more with the faith system - it's one of the things that sets the map apart from DotA and I think it has potential for depth. Generally, faith-required abilities should be activated from the shrine (not sure whether to keep tower heals) and should have strategic uses for team battles. Ideally, to win later team-fights, teams should not just have better items, but better use of the shrine's abilities. Currently there's only one - weather cancellation.

Terrain
I'm putting back the boat, secret shop and returning the weather stone to the jungle (near the old giant shanghai doll spot).

------------
DotS API
------------
(Aways a work in progress, though most of the usual functions are described in it already)

Edit: Will update the API later. Much (MUCH) has changed since the last update, most notably additional features for the projectile and high frequency single spell timer functions as well as the timed and special effects functions (you can now set yaw and pitch for the effects, and move them)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:08:54 AM by ApharmdB »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Defence of the Shrines, the Remaking
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »
Interesting reboot. I would really like to see a fork to DotA 2's iteration of the Source Engine (maybe via SourceMod plugins, full-source mods, etc.), personally, but we can save that for when the internal details are better documented (so far it's just Steam Workshop business IIRC).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
If and when Valve releases DotA 2's SDK, I'm more than willing to jump ship to Hammer. But that would mean either leaving this rebooted map behind, or leaving the original team behind - we're making a standalone DotS using UDK, but that's a very long-term project (already started though). Meanwhile, I think a less laggy and/or more DotA-ish map would do everyone some good...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »
Yeah....Valve has yet to release SDK , there is little documentation in the official Valve Dev Community wiki on the DotA 2 engine (and what little I did find pertained to workshop item guidelines), and neither MetaMod:Source nor SourceMod support it (thus we don't have plugins yet). Most I've seen was DotA 2 models being ported to TF2 and Gmod.

UDK-based standalone sounds quite interesting, and is a great choice for its documentation and use of UnrealScript.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
It will be an honor to help you in any way possible, Aph.
And that you are phantasmic. That is all. o7.

Edit: SiG, you're making the entire PH community swoon over you. I'll need a little help here containing them. Please and thank you \o/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:59:33 AM by ~Y~oukai ~J~esus »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »
Putting enough pressure on him YJ?

That said, to those who are dota, LoL, HoN and of course dots inclined, feel free to post what you feel would be a good idea for a hero.  We're trying to keep things within Touhou areas.  An example of a hero I made, Meiling has Attack Sign "Roc Fist", which is a counter attack-style skill.  The spellcard has a sort of relation with the skill itself.

That said, with some lesser known girls, Koakuma up there is an example, feel free to get creative.  You can put in whatever numbers you want, balance will be done later, just don't make the skills super dumb.

Aph always gets the final word on everything, keep that in mind.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
Dibs on Tewi and Eirin designs.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
Dibs on Tewi and Eirin designs.

Dibs on Renko, Mokou and Yuugi

Raythalos: Dibs on Alicewaifu

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
Erm I've already got Mokou done. Actually she's the first girl that was completed since I basically ported her over from my other map.

Possessed by Phoenix - immolates the target and shares its vision with Mokou for 5 seconds. Does damage over time to the target.

Fujiyama Volcano - creates a red glyph on the targeted ground that explodes after a delay, damaging enemies in its AoE, knocking them back away from the centre of the glyph. Alternatively, casting it on herself imbues her next attack with the knockback.

Exalted Personage "Forewarning of St Germain" - Short range blink + AoE damage after 2.5/2/1.5/1 second of channeling. Telegraphed by the same red glyph on the ground as Fujiyama Volcano's.

Phoenix Rebirth - Resurrection after 5/4/3 seconds. 2nd level of the skill brings her back with +75 movespeed for 20s. 3rd level of the skill further adds +50% attack speed for that 20s. Cooldown of roughly 2 min.

Let's hear it for the others though. Heh.

I've started to fill in the items tonight. To preserve familiarity, I'll port over most of the basic ones from the original map, re-creating them within the new item system. For low/mid tier items though, here're some examples:

Shichiseiken (Miko's sword) adds int/mp regen (values not yet decided) and charm a creep (for 2 minutes, cooldown of 25s).

Hourai Jade Branch adds all attributes (something like +5) and pings hero locations on the minimap (does not reveal them, cooldown of 45s). The branch will build into something else naturally, but will lose the location ping ability after that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:00:10 PM by ApharmdB »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 07:34:17 PM »
Maphax on a stick :V

Message you the character ideas or post them here?

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »
Go ahead and post 'em here. :)

Hmm pinging once shouldn't be too maphaxxy. Lol. It should have some strategic use in the early/mid-game.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 12:42:43 AM »
A sane version of DotS? Thank god D:

On characters:
Koakuma is Patch's familiar and her only known personality trait is being mischievous, so she should probably be a support that uses debuffs. Uses silence maybe?

Chen is fine as an AGI carry really, but I don't care what she does as long as she rolls :V But actually, I almost want to see Chen folded back into Ran as a double-character because that was neat.

Whatever Ran does, she should have a complicated, versatile play style.

Oh, and will this be 4v4 or 5v5?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:59:04 AM by Stuffman »

Dular

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51:24 AM »
It will be 5v5 if I recall correctly.  80% sure.

I admit, I don't have a lot of ideas for Koa, Chen-chan, and Ran.  If I could make them for Aph, I would.  But I imagine Ran would a disruptor, sowing chaos on the battlefield rather affecting stats and having disables.  For a dota example, glimpse is a very good disrupting skill.

Of course I'm not clever so I can't imagine what kind of skills those would be :V

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:58:43 AM »
Ah it's 5v5 and can even be converted to 6v6 at will. The benefits of using a tavern hero selection system and scaleable game systems. Heh. In fact there's an alternate hero siege game mode in the game right now that I use to test the creep upgrade system - it places all 10 players on Hakurei's side, defending against neverending waves of stronger and stronger creeps from Moriya, at least until Moriya's shrine is destroyed.

Trance had an idea for Koakuma that nicely synergized with Patchouli's potential nukes, based on err.. was it the skydragon mage in DotA? It's the hero with Ancient Seal. I think Trance would have a better design for her with his extensive DotA experience than what I can come up with from canon sources since I rely heavily on them to design skills.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:10:31 AM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 05:40:21 AM »
Perhaps, as a much later addition, you could add different versions of a character, each focused around a different aspect of their ability's. For instance, Yukari could have one skill set focused around her gaps like she is in vanilla DOTS (or at least pre remake Yukari), and another focused around the more subtle aspects of her power, like making an ability based off her "Balance of Motion and Stillness" spellcard, which would average the ms of everyone within an area and set all their ms' to aforementioned average, or something along those lines. Basically, my whole point here is that I personally felt DOTS left out a large aspect of a lot of the characters personality and ability's in their character designs, this could potentially be a workaround.
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:31 AM »
If Ran and Chen should be on one hero, then an int Syllabear sort of setup might work.

Tewi: Str or Agi
Skill1 - Alchemist's stun potion current or old version is fine.
Skill2 - Alchemist's Goblin Greed passive.
Skill3 - Single target buff/debuff gives crit chance to allies and miss chance to enemies.
Ult - Passive hp and regen boost.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »
Orz I'll have to do DotA research to figure some stuff out it seems. Time to brave the sea of ragepubs in DotA 2 one of these days.

Tewi looks more like an agi hero. Definitely agi.

Not enough luck in that design. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the ult gave a random percentage of max hp boost on learning... :V </troll>

It looks like it could work and is easy enough to make, although the chance to miss debuff on her 3rd skill looks like something that belongs to Reisen instead.

@blabla1994 One of the goals of reworking certain characters is to bring their canon traits out better. There's nothing to say that Yukari can't have a gap-focused skillset to the exclusion of some boundary-wrecking theme after all. 4 skills is plenty if the skills are properly designed.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:48:44 AM by ApharmdB »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 07:18:14 AM »
Speaking of the Dota2 and SDK etc, Valve has never replied to my e-mail when I asked if such opportunities were possible in the near future.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
err is that mokou remake for this map or she was remaked at latest version? While i think her skillset is good now, some might hate it (some prefer lame harass with dive+egg heal and kick someone's *** at midgame with ggDPS)
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:45 AM »
@Helepolis That's expected. Valve doesn't answer many of fan requests directly even if they do read them. That said, even if they don't release the SDK for DotA2, there'll still be the UDK standalone DotS version although that's a long way away. We won't have access to the Source engine and all its Havok Physics, but really I think that's only relevant if you want to see more realistic skirts and *ahem* movement. There are full-blown physics engines coded for WC3 too, but I've never seen the need to implement any of those in a game like DotA/DotS.

@AkurouNyan~ It's for this map - in the 2nd iteration, where the IN cast should be added. I've actually forgotten why I wanted to remake Mokou. I did this remake a long, long time ago. Like, when I first started learning JASS. That long ago.

Time to start work on the thing again. Gonna test out an alternative set of systems for the map that I was told could be more efficient and improve fps by over 10% during team battles.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:41:26 AM by ApharmdB »

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 10:39:15 PM »
hmm i have some questions atm (please don't kill me =D)
-I'm fine with some remake for some girls (i.e koakuma and sakuya) but i think some heroes do pretty much match their canon-self (and well-designed) like yuyuko and letty. Did they didn't let you copy-paste the girl's stats and skills? Boy i'm feeling like a cirno...

-Err is it okay to return the boat? I personally missed the boat too but the fact its removed maybe because some people abused it quite much, in a bad way i think...

-About the new items that going to implemented in this map, i think some cheap items works well rather those 4k+ price (as we have quite many expensive items atm) but no ideas for now (also gonna make use of those cucumbers, aw no one even bought em at 977) i.e in dota you have something like janggo, forcestaff, medallion, arcane boots with easy buildups to promote more fast-paced gameplay.

-Can i peek at the submitted ideas? :3
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:41:27 PM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
How did I not notice that you had a thread for this until now?
And you have a stash (notice that the shop was selected even though Reimu is nowhere near it)
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Also, I'm more than willing to help if you want it, though I have no idea what I would offer other than random ideas and balance discussion.

Also, totally need to call dibs on Momiji, Mystia and Ran. Do you want Chen to be a separate hero or don't really care?
Alternatively, Ran and Chen clearly need to be wild axes for Yukari.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:07:13 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Dular

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:50 PM »

Every single submitted idea so far is yours truly, I'll post them in a while. 

Remember, these are not in stone and may not even go in and may not even be balanced necessarily, and they are ever so slightly different from Aph's version since while sending them to Aph, I modified a few skills slightly.  The important idea is skill ideas, not balancing right now.

Meiling(Tank Initator)
Murasa(Jungler ganker/roamer)
Meiling will stay in her position as an initiator, but she works a little different now, with a chi system, and she isn't supposed to be fiercely attacked like in old dots, but rather quick reflexes will get her in the thick of things.  Murasa has had the 2nd best mobility in the game for a while, due to her ult.  That hasn't changed much, but with a skill that reduces damage and stuns, she now has potential as a straight up jungler and roamer.  Also hook, because no one is taking that away from me.  Numbers may have to be tweaked to make her a potential jungler of course..

Meiling-Str

Strength   23+2.8
Agility      19+2.0
Intelligence    14+1.6

Damage: 57-60
Armor: 4.3
Movement: 315
Attack Range: melee
Attack Animation: .25/.25
Cast Animation: 0/.8

Meiling can always charge at least 1 level of chi

Chi Sign "Star Bullets"
Meiling passively gathers chi to use in one large blast,
each charge of chi deals 65 damage and takes 5 seconds to charge.

Cooldown: 5
Mana cost: 50/60/70/80
Cast range: 500
Missile travel distance: 500/700/900/1100/1300
Missile speed: 450/400/350/300/250
Missile AoE: 100/150/200/250/300

Level 1: Max charge of 2
Level 2: Max charge of 3
Level 3: Max charge of 4
Level 4: Max charge of 5

Colorful Sign "Colorful Windchime"
Meiling can use use a charge of chi to create a whirlpool
around herself, causing enemies to gravitate to her.  Should
they be caught within striking distance, they are stunned for 1 second and take damage.
Channeling.

lasts 3 seconds
Area of Effect: 500
Centered on Meiling
Gravity: ???(I have no idea how gravity works, shouldn't be too strong a gravity effect)
Uses 1 charge of chi
Mana cost: 120
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Level 1: 100 damage
Level 2: 150 damage
Level 3: 200 damage
Level 4: 250 damage

Attack Sign "Roc Fist"
Meiling sets up a counterattack stance using chi.
Should Meiling recieve an instance of damage while in this state,
she will negate the damage, and run up to the enemy and strike them
for damage and stun.
Should Meiling not be attacked during the duration, she is refunded her chi.

Duration: 4 seconds
Mana cost: 50
Cooldown: 19/16/13/10
Unit is knocked up(stun+.52 airtime)
Uses 1 charge of chi if successful

Level 1: 100 damage and 1.52 second stun
Level 2: 150 damage and 2.02 second stun
Level 3: 200 damage and 2.52 second stun
Level 4: 250 damage and 3.02 second stun

*Meiling is invincible while running to the person who struck her.  She will also be moving at like 900 units a second

(I copy pasted this skill and added a few touches.  It's too damn good to just leave out!)
Three Blasts "Colourful Ultimate Mountain Breaker"
Performs a three-strike rainbow attack in an area. First strike slows enemy by 50% for 4 seconds,
second strike stuns for 1 second and the third strike immobilizes the enemy for 1.5 seconds.
Each strike does different damage, and uses 1 chi charge for each attack.  If Meiling does
not have enough charges for the entire skill, the cooldown will be reduced by 2/3 after the
first strike and 1/3 after the second strike.

Area of Effect: 525
Mana cost: 100/175/250MP
Cooldown: 150/120/90s

Level 1: Deals 60 magic damage on the first strike, 100 on the second and 150 on the final.
Level 2: Deals 80 magic damage on the first strike, 140 on the second and 200 on the final.
Level 3: Deals 100 magic damage on the first strike, 180 on the second and 250 on the final.

Murasa

Strength   27+2.4
Agility      17+1.8
Intelligence    19+1.8

Damage: 59-65
Armor: 3.3
Movement: 305
Attack Range: melee
Attack Animation: .25/.35
Cast Animation: 0.4/.3

Capsize "Dragging Anchor"(Yeah.. Pudge hook.)
Murasa throws her anchor in a straight line, grabbing onto the first unit it makes
contact with and dragging her to Murasa.

Cooldown: 13
Pure Damage

Level 1: 90 damage 650 range
Level 2: 180 damage 800 range
Level 3: 270 damage 950 range
Level 4: 360 damage 1100 range

"Deep Sinker"
Murasa slams down her anchor, than swings it back up, damaging and stunning for
.75 seconds.
Self buff
AoE: 200(centered on attacked unit)
Mana cost: 60
Cooldown 15/14/13/12
Duration: Until next autoattack

Level 1: 75 damage
Level 2: 100 damage
Level 3: 125 damage
Level 4: 150 damage
*It strikes twice, and after a second delay of slamming down the anchor, she stuns again as she pulls it up

Flood "Venus of the Bilge"
Murasa splashes water everywhere, waterlogging enemies.  Enemy girls get reduced attack damage,
and creeps get reduced armor in addition and lasts twice as long.
AoE: 300(centered on Murasa)
Mana cost: 75
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Duration: 6/6/7/7 seconds(12/12/14/14 on creeps)

Level 1: -15 attack, -2 armor
Level 2: -20 attack, -3 armor
Level 3: -25 attack, -3 armor
Level 4: -30 attack, -4 armor

Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor"
Murasa summons the boat she crashed on, allowing her to captain it.  Ship has max movement when ridden
and can traverse all terrain, but Murasa can not leave the ship without crashing it.  Should the boat
sink not by Murasa crashing, Murasa will be greatly slowed.  Should the boat sink in the water, Murasa
will be stuck.  Crashing does 400 damage, and Murasa will not be slowed should she choose to crash.
Channeling: 1second
Mana cost: 125
Cooldown: 60/45/30
Duration: 15/20/25

Level 1: Summons a ship with 500hp, 3 armor, and cannot move nor crash unless there is a captain.(0ms)
Level 2: Summons a ship with 600hp, 4 armor, and can move on it's own, but cannot crash on its own.(200ms)
Level 3: Summons a ship with 700hp, 5 armor, and can become ethereal for 6 seconds.

Harbor Sign "Ghost of Shipwreck"
Makes Murasa's ship etheareal for 6 seconds.  30 second cooldown.

Lily White 
Lily white has been somewhat re-worked as of this post, one of her skills is gone, her ulti is now a regular skill, and her old ulti is now her current ulti.  I think her 2nd skill was replaced

Strength   18+1.7
Agility      20+2.0
Intelligence    23+2.6

Damage: 42-57
Armor: 2.3
Attack Range: 450
Attack Animation: .6/.2
Cast Animation: .2/.2.5

*Name pending*
Throws spring around, causing enemies to be temporarily blinded for 3 seconds
Sight range becomes 500 and have 60% chance to miss all physical attacks.
Mana cost: 80/105/130/155
450 range centered on Lily

Level 1: Cooldown 28 seconds.
Level 2: Cooldown 22 seconds.
Level 3: Cooldown 16 seconds.
Level 4: Cooldown 10 seconds. 

*Name pending*
Lays down spring petals on the floor at an area, causing enemies to go slower
the more they walk on the petals.  Slow is removed once they go off the petals.
Lasts 7 seconds, maximum 90% movement speed reduction.

600 casting range, 400 AoE
Mana cost: 150

Level 1: 10% slow per 100 units
Level 2: 15% slow per 100 units
Level 3: 20% slow per 100 units
Level 4: 25% slow per 100 units

*Name pending*
Covers an ally with spring, slowing them by 10%, but granting them a shield
that absorbs damage.  The spring does damage to those next to the shield as well.
Should the shield be broken, the slow and damage is removed.

650 casting range, single target.
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Level 1: 100hp shield, 20 damage per second.  100 mana
Level 2: 150hp shield, 30 damage per second.  115 mana
Level 3: 200hp shield, 40 damage per second.  130 mana
Level 4: 250hp shield, 50 damage per second.  145 mana

*Name pending*
A tornado of spring is summoned with Lily in the center, enemies take damage
for the longer they are in the tornado, and cannot leave the tornado immediately.
The tornado persists for 2 seconds if Lily is interrupted.
Channeling
600 range centered on Lily
Lasts 10 seconds
Mana: 150/250/350

Level 1: 5 damage every .1 seconds, enemies cannot leave the tornado for 1.5 seconds after cast. 
Level 2: 8.5 damage every .1 seconds, enemies cannot leave the tornado for 2 seconds after cast. 
Level 3: 12 damage every .1 seconds, enemies cannot leave the tornado for 2.5 seconds after cast.

Lunasa-Offensive Support(Slows, disables, no stuns)
Merlin-Defensive Support(Buffs, one farm)
Lyrica-Shotgun/burst(Yes, her mana pool and skill costs are supposed to be like what they are)
Technically speaking, each prismriver only has 2 spellcards, as a result the spells they have is based more on their personality and abilities rather their spellcards.  Lyrica is one I almost entirely made up due to her being a middle ground between the sisters.  But you know, at least her keyboard doesn't heal anyone now.  I also wonder how many people will hate the girls' third skill.

Lunasa-int

Strength   16+1.5
Agility      24+1.9
Intelligence    21+2.6

Damage: 40-48
Armor: 2.3
Attack Range: 600
Attack Animation: .27/.6
Cast Animation: .1/.8

*Name pending*
Lunasa plays a sharp chord on her violin, causing damage all
enemy units within a 500 range.  All enemies that are hit
with this get a debuff that reduces damage for 3 seconds.
Deal more damage and reduce more damage the closer the enemy
is to you.
Centered on Lunasa
Cooldown 12 seconds
Manacost: 125

Level 1: 40 damage at max range, 75 damage at 100 range.
Damage reduced by 5% max range, damage reduced by 10% at 100 range.
Level 2: 80 damage at max range, 150 damage at 100 range.
Damage reduced by 7.5% max range, damage reduced by 15% at 100 range.
Level 3: 120 damage at max range, 225 damage at 100 range.
Damage reduced by 10% max range, damage reduced by 20% at 100 range.
Level 4: 160 damage at max range, 300 damage at 100 range.
Damage reduced by 12.5% max range, damage reduced by 25% at 100 range.

*Name pending*
Lunasa plays a depressing melody, targetted at an enemy girl.
The more lunasa plays, the more the enemy girl feels depressed.
Deals damage per second and slows the enemy girl.  If the enemy
girl goes too far away, Lunasa stops playing, but does not stop otherwise.
Channeling
Targeted enemy
Cast Range: 600
Cast break: 1500(Keeps going in fog of war)
Cooldown: 50 seconds
Mana cost: 100/125/150/200

Level 1: Slows by 25% and deals 10 damage per second
Level 2: Slows by 25% and deals 15 damage per second
Level 3: Slows by 25% and deals 20 damage per second
Level 4: Slows by 25% and deals 30 damage per second

*Name pending*
Lunasa is a poltergeist, and can become incorporeal when she pleases
or make an enemy incorporeal for a short duration.
Turn on autocast to make yourself ethereal.
Targeted enemy
Initial Mana cost on enemy: 100
Initial mana cost if cast on self: 20% max mana
Mana per second(if cast on self)cost: 3% max mana
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cast range: 550

Level 1: Enemy is Ethereal for 1.5 seconds
Level 2: Enemy is Ethereal for 2.0 seconds
Level 3: Enemy is Ethereal for 2.5 seconds
Level 4: Enemy is Ethereal for 3.0 seconds
(Enemy is 40% slowed, as is Lunasa)

*Name Pending*
Lunasa is a depressing Poltergeist to be around, and her enemies
are depressed as a result.  Being too near Lunasa makes the enemies
less enthusiastic about fighting.
Passive
AoE: 800

Level 1: Slows enemy movement/attack speed by 4%, reduces armor by 2, reduces magic resist by 5%, -2hp/mp regen
Level 2: Slows enemy movement/attack speed by 8%, reduces armor by 4, reduces magic resist by 10%, -3hp/mp regen
Level 3: Slows enemy movement/attack speed by 12%, reduces armor by 6, reduces magic resist by 15%, -4hp/mp regen

Merlin-Strength

Strength   21+2.6
Agility      16+1.5
Intelligence    24+1.9

Damage: 49-53
Armor: .34
Movement: 295
Attack Range: 400
Attack Animation: .4/.64
Cast Animation: .25/.6

*Name Pending*
Merlin plays a tune to excite an ally, however that person must attack
or else she will get too excited and overwhelm herself, losing control
and attacking anything in the area until the end of the duration.
Targeted ally
Cast range: 300
Cooldown: 30/25/20/15
Duration: 11 seconds

Level 1: +20 attack, +5% movement speed, must hit something every 5 seconds.
Level 2: +30 attack, +10% movement speed, must hit something every 4 seconds.
Level 3: +40 attack, +15% movement speed, must hit something every 3 seconds.
Level 4: +50 attack, +20% movement speed, must hit something every 2 seconds.
(I know this one is probably very very hard to do, so if necessary, make them lose control
after 5/6/7/8 seconds and make the duration 8/9/10/11 seconds instead of going crazy after not attacking)

*Name Pending*
Merlin makes all her allies excited and ready to fight, increasing many abilities slightly.
Passive
AoE: 1000

Level 1: +.5hp regen, +.5mp regen, +1 armor, +3 attack, +2% movement speed
Level 2: +1hp regen, +1mp regen, +2 armor, +6 attack, +3% movement speed
Level 3: +1.5hp regen, +1.5mp regen, +3 armor, +9 attack, +4% movement speed
Level 4: +2hp regen, +2mp regen, +3 armor, +12 attack, +5% movement speed

*Name pending*
Merlin is a poltergeist, and can become incorporeal when she pleases, but can
also enchant allies to become ethereal as well.
Targeted ally
Turn on autocast to make yourself ethereal
Initial Mana cost on enemy: 100
Initial mana cost if cast on self: 20% max mana
Mana per second(if cast on self)cost: 3% max mana
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cast range: 550

Level 1: Ally is Ethereal for 1 seconds
Level 2: Ally is Ethereal for 2 seconds
Level 3: Ally is Ethereal for 3 seconds
Level 4: Ally is Ethereal for 4 seconds
(no movement speed loss on herself, or ally)

*Name pending*
Merlin channels for 5 seconds, and then lets out an unbelievably loud trumpet noise,
enchanting every visible enemy hero and creep, making them attack any unit closest to themselves.
If there is no enemies within sight range, the enemy will stand still.
40 Gold is given to Merlin should an enemy creep die under this effect, and 125 gold should an enemy girl die.
Global
Lasts twice as long on creeps.
Enemies will not attack towers.
Channeling
A global sound effect is made while channeling(Possibly wind blowing followed by blaaart)
Cooldown: 160/140/120

Level 1: Lasts 3 seconds
Level 2: Lasts 4 seconds
Level 3: Lasts 5 seconds
(Remember.. Every VISIBLE unit)

Lyrica-Agi

Strength   24+1.9
Agility      21+2.6
Intelligence    16+1.5

Damage: 44-51
Armor: 4
Movement: 300
Attack Range: 500
Attack Animation: .15/.9
Cast Animation: .51/.55

*Name pending*
Lyrica plays a flurry of notes on hey keyboard, which ends in a crescendo,
dealing bits of damage with one large burst.
Not channeling
Target Ground
Cast range: 700
Mana cost: 140
Cooldown: 14
AoE: 200

Level 1: Deals 2 damage per .2 seconds for 2 seconds, then deals 100 damage.
Level 2: Deals 4 damage per .2 seconds for 2 seconds, then deals 150 damage.
Level 3: Deals 6 damage per .2 seconds for 2 seconds, then deals 200 damage.
Level 4: Deals 8 damage per .2 seconds for 2 seconds, then deals 250 damage.

*Name Pending*
Lyrica slams down on her keyboard, which is directed at someone.  Deals damage to that target
and everyone in between Lyrica and the target.  Lyrica can also target the ground,
dealing base damage to the first target and dealing 20% less damage for each unit hit.
Targeted and target ground.
Cast range: 600
Distance travelled: 600
Mana cost: 100/120/140/160
Cooldown: 20/15/10/5
AoE: 100
Missile speed: 1400units per second

Level 1: Deals 100 damage
Level 2: Deals 170 damage
Level 3: Deals 240 damage
Level 4: Deals 310 damage

*Name pending*
Lyrica is a poltergeist, and can make herself and an enemy incorporeal
for a few seconds.
Targeted enemy
Cast range: 800
Mana cost: 100
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Level 1: 2 seconds
Level 2: 2.5 seconds
Level 3: 3 seconds
Level 4: 3.5 seconds
(Both Lyrica and the enemy unit are turned ethereal with 40% slow when cast)

*Name pending*
Lyrica plays a beautiful melody with an awful finish, causing an enemy girls spirit
to be split usunder.
For each buff and debuff on an enemy hero, this skill deals more damage and
removes all buffs and debuffs from the enemy girl.
Targeted
Cast range: 400/500/600
Mana cost: 150/175/200
Cooldown: 70/60/50

Level 1: Deals minimum 200 damage, deals 50 damage for each buff/debuff, max 10
Level 2: Deals minimum 300 damage, deals 75 damage for each buff/debuff, max 10
Level 3: Deals minimum 400 damage, deals 100 damage for each buff/debuff, max 10
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:22:15 AM by Dular »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 11:52:16 PM »
hi

Koakuma [INT]

skill 1 - Skywrath Mage's Ancient Seal but tweaked numbers
skill 2 - Crystal Maiden's Crystal Nova
skill 3 - KOTL Chakra Magic
ulti - Not entirely sure on this. I was thinking a magic resistance version of Amplify Damage (Slardar)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
hmm i have some questions atm (please don't kill me =D)
-I'm fine with some remake for some girls (i.e koakuma and sakuya) but i think some heroes do pretty much match their canon-self (and well-designed) like yuyuko and letty. Did they didn't let you copy-paste the girl's stats and skills? Boy i'm feeling like a cirno...

-Err is it okay to return the boat? I personally missed the boat too but the fact its removed maybe because some people abused it quite much, in a bad way i think...

-About the new items that going to implemented in this map, i think some cheap items works well rather those 4k+ price (as we have quite many expensive items atm) but no ideas for now (also gonna make use of those cucumbers, aw no one even bought em at 977) i.e in dota you have something like janggo, forcestaff, medallion, arcane boots with easy buildups to promote more fast-paced gameplay.

Letty probably won't be changed much if at all. Yuyuko too - the major change is going to be a bugfix on her temp resurrection skill, and the delay on her D skill being cast if I haven't changed that for the 985 map (it used to be affected by lag, don't know if it still is). Not all heros are going to get reworked of course. I don't expect all heros to play radically different. In fact the earlier heros probably won't have much changes to their mechanics because they tend to be better designed, even though the scaling damage and weird numbers make them play a bit silly in the later versions.

What abuses were there with the boat? It was actually removed due to the yukkuri creep camp - the landing spot on the right is directly in front of the camp and will have to be changed.

The 2 items up there are supposed to be examples of low/mid-tier items that are easy to build up to, with possibilities of building off from there. Miko's Sword is intended for fast-push strats and the Jade Branch should be a useful strategic item on the way to something else. Yeah I'll look into changing the mid-tier items into something more worthwhile, well, at least have more viable mid-tier items than that stopwatch.

Ahh I see Dular has saved me the trouble of organizing the submissions into a single post. It's a royal pain to do that on a tablet :P

Dormio: No preferences on Chen/Ran being separate heros or Chen being a summon. I'll probably draw the line before Yukari summoning Ran summoning Chen. Heh. It seems like Chen should still remain an agility carry while Yukari the master troll (we probably should give her a waygate-type ability, gap powers and all)

Trance: Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look up on those skills mentioned and might end up changing the nova skill's ancillary effect from a frost/slow to something else to avoid having a skill that's exactly the same as one of Cirno's.

Update: Buff/status system done. A screenshot showing the buff/status display is in the original post now.

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 04:11:51 AM »
Ahh, good to know, one of the big things that kept me from getting into DOTS at all was the fact that a lot of the characters skills were just surface explorations of their ability's. Really turned me off to the game as one of the big things that got me interested in Touhou was the wide variety of interesting ability's the characters have, along with the surprising amount of depth and thought put into them for a simple shooting game.

Yukari: Gap's basically, and a barrier skill (which they later removed. >_<)

Sakuya: Knives mainly, slight nod to her time ability's in two of her skills.

Reimu: Barriers and Danmaku, not even a nod to her intuition or "floating", it would have been cool too be able to use Reimu's intuition to like get a idea of where the enemy characters where periodically or something along those lines.

I could go on for a while, I've been seething about this silently for quite some time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:15:38 AM by blabla1994 »
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 04:58:37 AM »
Random thoughts on Ran/Chen I had whilst falling asleep on the train.
Of course, the numbers can be messed with, since I have no point of reference for the

Ran Yakumo (Summon Type)
Strength: Whatever is enough to start her off at ~450 max HP. +1.5 str per level?
Agility: 14+1.5
Intelligence: 20+3.0
Movement speed: 300?
Damage: 35-40
BAT: x
Animation startup: x
Backswing: x
Attack Range: 450

Summon Chen (D) - 200 Mana cost. 100s cd.
Summons Chen(melee). Chen can also carry items. :V
Level 1: Chen has x HP, x armour, x-x damage, x attack speed, x movement speed. Cannot attack if Ran is not within 1500 range. Ran loses 25% of her maxHP if Chen dies.
Level 2: Chen has x HP, x armour, x-x damage, x attack speed, x movement speed. Cannot attack if Ran is not within 1500 range. Gains access to the recall ability, which will port Chen back to Ran after x seconds of channelling. No cooldown. Ran loses 25% of her maxHP if Chen dies.
Level 3: Chen has x HP, x armour, x-x damage, x attack speed, x movement speed. Cannot attack if Ran is not within 1500 range. Gains access to the roll ability, which is a short (450 range?) dash ability. 7 second cooldown. Ran loses 25% of her maxHP if Chen dies.
Level 4: Chen has x HP, x armour, x-x damage, x attack speed, x movement speed. Cannot attack if Ran is not within 1500 range. Gains access to the _____ ability, which allows Chen to gain attack speed for every successive attack on the same target. Loses all bonus attack speed if Chen changes targets. Ran loses 25% of her maxHP if Chen dies.

Shikigami Link (I'll think of a better name later) (F)
Provides bonuses for Ran and Chen based on proximity to Ran. Ran always receives half of the benefits. Chen receives benefits at 1000 (HP)/600 (Movement Speed)/200 (Damage) range.
Level 1: Provides 100 maxHP, 4% movement speed, 15 damage.
Level 2: Provides 200 maxHP, 8% movement speed, 30 damage.
Level 3: Provides 300 maxHP, 12% movement speed, 45 damage.
Level 4: Provides 400 maxHP, 16% movement speed, 60 damage.

Shikigami "Banquet of 12 General Gods" (R) - 70/90/110/130 cost. 13s cd.
Damage, slow, and stun. Woo. (Totally not overpowered) About .2 seconds between each hit?
Level 1: Summons three units that will attack the target once, dealing 20 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 1.5 seconds.
Level 2: Summons six units that will attack the target once, dealing 20 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 1.5 seconds.
Level 3: Summons nine units that will attack the target once, dealing 20 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 1.5 seconds.
Level 4: Summons twelve units that will attack the target once, dealing 20 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 1.5 seconds.The tenth unit will apply a 1.5 second stun.

Shikigami "Dakini's Heavenly Possession" (W) - ??? cost. 180/150/120s cd.
Ran channels for two seconds before disappearing. During this time, Chen will be buffed. Chen will receive Ran's auras as though Ran were standing on top of her. Chen will emit Ran's auras from items. Ran will die if Chen dies. Cannot be cast if Chen is not alive.
Level 1: Lasts for 10 seconds. Chen gains a bonus 5 armor and 15% chance for a 1.25x critical strike.
Level 2: Lasts for 20 seconds. Chen gains a bonus 10 armor and 15% chance for a 1.75x critical strike.
Level 3: Lasts for 30 seconds. Chen gains a bonus 15 armor and 15% chance for a 2.25x critical strike.

Ran Yakumo (Non-Summon Type)
Strength: Whatever is enough to start her off at ~500 max HP. +1.5 str per level?
Agility: 17+2.5
Intelligence: 16+2.5
Movement speed: 300?
Damage: 40-45
BAT: x
Animation startup: x
Backswing: x
Attack Range: 500

Shikigami "Banquet of 12 General Gods" (D) - 70/90/110/130 cost. 13s cd.
Damage and slow. Woo. About .2 seconds between each hit?
Level 1: Summons three units that will attack the target once, dealing 15 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 1.5 seconds.
Level 2: Summons six units that will attack the target once, dealing 15 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 2.0 seconds.
Level 3: Summons nine units that will attack the target once, dealing 15 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 2.5 seconds.
Level 4: Summons twelve units that will attack the target once, dealing 15 magical damage each. The third unit will apply a 30% slow for 3.0 seconds.

(F)
Boring passive ability that varies depending on form.
Level 1: +5 damage for each unit in Shikigami "Banquet of 12 General Gods" for INT Ran, 15% chance for a 1.3x crit for AGI Ran.
Level 2: +10 damage for each unit in Shikigami "Banquet of 12 General Gods" for INT Ran, 15% chance for a 1.6x crit for AGI Ran.
Level 3: +15 damage for each unit in Shikigami "Banquet of 12 General Gods" for INT Ran, 15% chance for a 1.9x crit for AGI Ran.
Level 4: +20 damage for each unit in Shikigami "Banquet of 12 General Gods" for INT Ran, 15% chance for a 2.2x crit for AGI Ran

Shikigami "Protection of Zenki and Goki" (R) - ??? cost. 30s cd.
Summons Zenki and Goki, who will shield Ran from attacks as well as cause her to inflict status effects on autoattacks while they are around. The pair will disappear after 10 seconds or after blocking attacks.
Level 1: Zenki and Goki will block one attack each. Zenki will attack with Ran when she is in her intelligence form, dealing 5 damage and applying a 20% slow for 2 seconds. Goki will attack with Ran when she is in her agility form, dealing 20 damage and having a 10% chance to bash for 1 second.
Level 2: Zenki and Goki will block one attack each. Zenki will attack with Ran when she is in her intelligence form, dealing 10 damage and applying a 20% slow for 2 seconds. Goki will attack with Ran when she is in her agility form, dealing 30 damage and having a 15% chance to bash for 1 second.
Level 3: Zenki and Goki will block one attack each. Zenki will attack with Ran when she is in her intelligence form, dealing 15 damage and applying a 20% slow for 2 seconds. Goki will attack with Ran when she is in her agility form, dealing 40 damage and having a 20% chance to bash for 1 second.
Level 4: Zenki and Goki will block two attacks each. Zenki will attack with Ran when she is in her intelligence form, dealing 20 damage and applying a 20% slow for 2 seconds. Goki will attack with Ran when she is in her agility form, dealing 50 damage and having a 25% chance to bash for 1 second.

(W)
Channels for 1 second before switching Ran's main stat from Intelligence to Agility. Also changes her autoattacks to melee range. Can switch between the two forms.
Level 1: Ran gains 5 bonus Agility and Intelligence, bonus 150 maxHP when in AGI form.
Level 2: Ran gains 10 bonus Agility and Intelligence, bonus 300 maxHP when in AGI form.
Level 3: Ran gains 15 bonus Agility and Intelligence, bonus 450 maxHP when in AGI form.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:05:46 PM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 05:08:42 AM »
Ahh, good to know, one of the big things that kept me from getting into DOTS at all was the fact that a lot of the characters skills were just surface explorations of their ability's. Really turned me off to the game as one of the big things that got me interested in Touhou was the wide variety of interesting ability's the characters have, along with the surprising amount of depth and thought put into them for a simple shooting game.

Yukari: Gap's basically, and a barrier skill (which they later removed. >_<)

Sakuya: Knives mainly, slight nod to her time ability's in two of her skills.

Reimu: Barriers and Danmaku, not even a nod to her intuition or "floating", it would have been cool too be able to use Reimu's intuition to like get a idea of where the enemy characters where periodically or something along those lines.

I could go on for a while, I've been seething about this silently for quite some time.

Sakuya's new ult will be a chronosphere-like ability: Sakuya's World. Actually this part is already done. Just need to import the skill now. This should go well with her new misdirection spellcard (starts off as a blink, then later on a double-blink, then a double-blink with invis on the 2nd blink.)

For the rest, it's hard to make some of their abilities work in-game, e.g. Reimu's floating ability which is as abstract as Yukari's boundary-manipulation ability - she doesn't just fly (that's better suited to someone like Mystia or Aya really) but her real power lies in being able to manifest that sort of ability in the abstract sense, e.g. Fantasy Heaven. I do have her Fantasy Heaven spell made, the one that spams danmaku and causes massive damage while banishing her, but it's not for Reimu herself. I made it for a submission a long time ago, for a candidate for DotS' version of Roshan - the 8th Hakurei Shrine Maiden, essentially a boss fight where the reward would be a powerful item that either 1. reflects spells or 2. grants reincarnation (but not both).

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 05:12:09 AM »

I am all for intuition and barriers, but floating? That's just her flying and everyone can do that, so it doesn't matter if that is implemented or not.
But yes, Having Reimu able to ping enemies would be kinda cool. Her ultimate should be Musou Tensei with temporary invincibility or something.
Reimu should have some weird warping powers too, like you see in some of her spell cards. But there are only 4 skills, so I have no ideas on warping.
So pretty much something like this:
skill 1(Donations, Please) - active/passive. Passive part lets her gain gold faster. Active lets her ping enemies on the map.
skill 2(Evil Sealing Circle) - active/passive. Gives her armor bonus, something low, like 1/2/3/4. Active part allows her to trap an enemy for several seconds. They cannot move and cast.
skill 3(Fantasy Seal) - damage spell.
skill 4(Musou Tensei, not sure what the translation for it is currently) - her ultimate. Temporary invincibility and does damage to all targets around her. Friendly fire.

I want to see Youmu's ultimate as a counter, Six Root Cleansing, but I don't know how that will work...

I also want to see Remilia as a melee character, instead of range. It does not make sense to me why Remilia is range.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
random idea to be used whenever you feel like. I realise pcb/eosd only right now, sue me.

Kurodani Yamame
Strength Hero
stat spread similar to undying; high base str/int and gain, low base agi and gain. Base int is lower than strength, but has a better gain
ranged

Small Thread, Kandata's Rope
Mana Cost: High-ish? Something like 150
Cast range: Medium. 500 sounds okay.
cooldown: 9 seconds seems okay
duration: 3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds-ish; long enough to be something to worry about.
What scales with level: duration, damage, number of linked units,
-Links a bunch of units around the target to the target with threads. as the bonded units move away from each other, a slow is applied that gets larger the farther they move away from the original target; if they move far away enough, the threads snap and deal damage to both units.
-Can be used on allies, will only link to enemies.
-Damage is something like 70/140/210/280,
-slow is...12% for every 100 units away from the original target? snap range is at 400
-links 2/3/4/5 units to the original target.
-Original target is slowed by the average amount all the linked units are slowed? I want the general feel that all the units are entangled together in a big web.
(THe idea is to keep everyone near the initial target, else he gets fucked up by repeated tether break damage. this gives yamame's allies enough time to use their aoes)

Poison Sign, Japanese Foliage Spider
Mana Cost: High. Stays at 200
Cast Range: High. Make it similar in aoe to old spiders...probably smaller, considering ult. A little larger than old net?
Cool Down: should be a pretty long duration between cast. 30s? 40s?
What scales with level: Duration, area, spiders
-Creates a persistent web in the area; anything in the web has a spider attached to it every few seconds that applies a slow poison, which also does minor damage. Spiders can be killed for gold. Think of a combination of Weaver's swarm and Undying's gravestone.
-lasts 7/10/13/16 seconds?
-spiders are applied upon first contact with web and every three seconds after
-AoE scales from a little less than old net to a little larger. 300/400/500/600 AoE, with 600 cast range from her to the center of the aoe
(can't be killed like undying gravestone, and the slow lasts even if you kill the spider attacking you because of it being a poison, but lasts about half as long.)

Trap Sign, Capture Web
Mana Cost: 50ish
Cast Range: 500
Cool Down: About 10 seconds
What scales with level: Number of traps.
-Places a web trap. If an enemy steps on the trap, an aoe entangle is applied to everything in a small aoe, probably 200. Has a delay before activating.
-1s duration on entangle
-2s delay before it becomes active and invis; I don't want it to be used as an easy chase tool
-traps are invis
-5/10/15/20 traps at any time
-when triggered, any other trap within 500 range is also triggered, mostly to prevent chain traps.

Spider, Cave Spider's Nest
Mana Cost: 125
Cast Range: N/A
Cool down: 60s, starts when she activates the transformation
Duration: 15/30/45
What scales with level: skill improvements, duration
-Turns Yamame from her new model to her old model. all her skills are improved upon or, really, outright replaced, and she gains one new spell
-Kandata's Rope now causes all units to take a small percentage of what other units on the web take, something like 5%/10%/15%
-Foliage Spider now starts off with a very small duration net, making it a combination of her old net and spiders; probably .5/.75/1s
-Capture Web's cooldown is halved.
-Gains Fillled Miasma

Miasma Sign, Filled Miasma
Mana Cost: 150
Cast Range: 400 to center of aoe, about 300 aoe
Cool Down: Can be used once before ult is over, two times with level three ult, so around 20 seconds
What scales with level: Damage, attack speed slow
-Applies a long lasting poison to everything within an aoe. Poison also slows attack speed.
-Around 25/50/70 magic damage dps? attack speed slow is around 20/40/60%
-lasts around 10 seconds at all level
-effectively a ranged poison nova with an attack speed slow, but smaller aoe and less damage

general game plan is to pop ult, cast Foliage Spiders on the enemy's area, then immediately use Kandata's rope and Filled Miasma. in the chaos, pick people off using traps. a coordinated team will all run the same direction and nullify your efforts, but if you coordinate with real stuns from allies or just attack them from a different direction from the rest of your team, this makes things complicated

to facilitate this, build tanky. if there are initiation items like blink dagger and force staff, get those.  anticipate where team fights will happen and put traps on predicted escape routes. your main contribution is staying alive and reapplying skills as much as possible. if ice dress is still around, get that for epic lulz.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:44:34 PM by Amratorias »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra