Author Topic: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 73695 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: August 11, 2010, 01:01:13 AM »
>You are Maribel Hearn, and the world is wrong. Or rather, you're in the wrong world!
>Having woken up in a strange room, you've discovered you are in the middle of a world called Gensokyo, and you've finally discovered another world that you've always knew existed
>You grew up in Japan, living a fairly normal life. Still, you always had a strong instinct that there was more to the world than you could see. You studied psychology in college, and met your best friend there, a woman named Renko. The two of you shared a passion for the supernatural (extranormal, Renko called it, to make it sound more legitimate). In pursuing that passion, the two of you followed your instincts and moved to small island nation called Gensokyo. From there, then memories of the past half year fuzzy. You remember running a modestly successful detective agency and numerous attempts to find supernatural activity. You remember a woman named  Utsuho being a prominent influence on your life in the last few days before you woke up here, but you can't remember a lot about it. You remember, though, that she helped you prove the supernatural exists beyond the shadow of a doubt! Too bad you can only recall vague details about it.
>You have been wandering through Gensokyo! You've learned some of the basics of flight, danmaku, and barrier magic, and you're on cloud nine! Reimu is very concerned you may easily end up a Youkai; Patchouli and Mystia seem to be all for it. Utsuho and Yuugi are in a doomed rivalry for Parsee's love.  You visited Komachi and got her back to work on Reimu's behalf! Byakuren has asked you to assist Murasa at the underground clinic. Byakuren has agreed to consider enhancing your natural magical abilities if you gather the necessary ingredients. You have planted flowers for Yuka! You have been charged to find out where all the maids at Scarlet Devil Mansion have gone! You've been chased by a mob of faeries! You have befriend Tokiko, and are helping her get used to society and not eating animals raw.
>You are at Mystia's stand.

> Stay seated, but listen in to the conversation as best we can.
> Did the food we ate produce any waste? Look around for some sort of waste receptacle.
>"A lot of things seem harder before you actually start trying to do them. And it should be a lot easier to learn from someone that knows how to do it well - especially if you can help her out as well, in your own ways."
>smile and watch for a little, see how they're getting along.
> Can we see through the stand? This voice's imagination is having a hard time picturing the exact structure. >_>

>You toss out your skewer in a little basket off to the side.
>You listen in as Mystia introduces Tokiko to the concept of salt, and lecturing her on why it's a bad idea to take a swig of it from the shaker.
>The stand is essentially a counter with a grill in the back, and an a roof over it. It's very open air, and you can see what is going on at the other side easily. A curtain hangs over the front and obscures customers. You don't know why this would be needed here.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Maribel Quest Succeeding - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »
> First
> "Will you two be all right if I take off for the Underground?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:03:16 AM »
>It's nice to pretend to have a little privacy sometimes, I guess.
>Is Tokiko afraid again after the salt lecture?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:06:14 AM »
> First
> "Will you two be all right if I take off for the Underground?"

>Feels good.
>"Sure thing," says Mystia. "I'll make sure she learns the ropes."

>It's nice to pretend to have a little privacy sometimes, I guess.
>Is Tokiko afraid again after the salt lecture?

>Indeed.
>She seems more put out, or maybe ashamed, than frightened.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:07:17 AM »
> "Don't worry, Tokiko, you're just new at this! I'm sure you'll do fine."
> We gave her BOTH books, right?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:13:54 AM »
> "Don't worry, Tokiko, you're just new at this! I'm sure you'll do fine."
> We gave her BOTH books, right?

>She nods. "I just have to get used to this, I think..."
>You certainly did. She is cradling them right now.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:14:50 AM »
>"Try not to be too hard on her. I've been putting Tokiko through a lot today to help her get used to 'normal' behavior. And since she's seemed rather nervous around people most of the time, well..."
>"Then again, I guess you probably understand what it's like becoming a youkai a lot better than I do, so you might have a better idea of what to do than I would."
>"Thanks again, Mystia. I'll try and stop by again on my way back out from the Underground later. And enjoy those books once you get the chance, Tokiko."
>wave to them and head off!
>Once inside, consider hugging the ceiling to avoid another Kisume ambush.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
>Actually, a better defense mechanism against Kisume-related mugging may be to sling the pack in front of ourself, so if she forces us to the ground, the pack will also be safely cradled under ourself.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
>Actually, a better defense mechanism against Kisume-related mugging may be to sling the pack in front of ourself, so if she forces us to the ground, the pack will also be safely cradled under ourself.

>That, or she can just knock Mary down on her back. But at least that'll let her see. And now, danmaku.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 01:21:53 AM »
>That, or she can just knock Mary down on her back. But at least that'll let her see. And now, danmaku.

>My thoughts exactly

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 01:26:13 AM »
>"Try not to be too hard on her. I've been putting Tokiko through a lot today to help her get used to 'normal' behavior. And since she's seemed rather nervous around people most of the time, well..."
>"Then again, I guess you probably understand what it's like becoming a youkai a lot better than I do, so you might have a better idea of what to do than I would."
>"Thanks again, Mystia. I'll try and stop by again on my way back out from the Underground later. And enjoy those books once you get the chance, Tokiko."
>wave to them and head off!
>Once inside, consider hugging the ceiling to avoid another Kisume ambush.

>"I'll take good care of her," says Mystia.  "But yeah, I'll do my best to go easy on her."
>"I will!" says Tokiko. She ways as you depart.
>It is not a long flight back to the entrance to the underground. Returning to the cavern, you look back, amazed at how much the view has changed. You know the forest teems with life now, with its own intrigues and groups and such. Odd how knowledge can change things.
>You consider flying, but the stalactites make this a poor idea.

>My thoughts exactly

>This sounds like it would work!

>_

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »
>Sling the bag over our front, and try to position it so that the opening would be underneath us as much as possible if Kisume pulled the same stunt as before
>Enter the cavern

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 01:28:34 AM »
>Considering that she tries to mug people who willingly travel to a city of oni, it's unlikely being able to fly would make her hesitate. Not knowing Mary can defend herself now, on the other hand, would catch her off guard.
>Walk back and move before talking if the bucket tries something this time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 01:40:48 AM »
>Sling the bag over our front, and try to position it so that the opening would be underneath us as much as possible if Kisume pulled the same stunt as before
>Enter the cavern

>You carry your bag in front of you, and enter the cavern. Having been outside, it takes your eyes some time to adjust to the dimness.

>Considering that she tries to mug people who willingly travel to a city of oni, it's unlikely being able to fly would make her hesitate. Not knowing Mary can defend herself now, on the other hand, would catch her off guard.
>Walk back and move before talking if the bucket tries something this time.

>Oh you'll give her a trick or two, alright.
>You keep a wary ear for the sounds of Kisume, while your eyes adjust to the dimness.
>You suddenly hear some scratching above! Before you can step back, suddenly there is an upside down face less than an inch from yours, looking your in the eyes.
>"Hey buddy," she says in a low voice, "how's it goin'?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 01:41:23 AM »
> "Wha-!"
> "Buddy? Yamame, is that you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 01:48:55 AM »
> "Wha-!"
> "Buddy? Yamame, is that you?"

>You cry out, then demand to know who it is.
>"Yeah, it's me," she says.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 01:51:31 AM »
>"Jeez, you startled me. Has anything changed since I went up?"

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 01:52:25 AM »
>"Sorry, it's just kind of alarming having someone suddenly appear so close to you."
>Step back a tiny bit.
>"I did end up at Kourindou, by the way. I mentioned your name to Rinnosuke."

>"And I don't know if you'd have any idea about this, but do you know if there's any bloodmoss around this way?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 01:53:40 AM »
>"Jeez, you startled me. Has anything changed since I went up?"

>"I made crazy money off those bats you scared!" she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 01:54:26 AM »
>"Sorry, it's just kind of alarming having someone suddenly appear so close to you."
>Step back a tiny bit.
> "Glad to hear about the bats!"

>"And I don't know if you'd have any idea about this, but do you know if there's any bloodmoss around this way?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 01:55:39 AM »
>Allow stomach to settle.
>"I'm... guessing people eat them?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 02:03:11 AM »
>Step back a tiny bit.
> "Glad to hear about the bats!"

>"You mentioned me? Hot piss! Gonna get a bonus!"
>"Oh yeah, I know about that. It's way down in the caves. Real spicy. Oughta be able to buy that at the market, buddy."

>Allow stomach to settle.
>"I'm... guessing people eat them?"

>"Yep! Real tasty."

>_

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »
>"Oh, they just sell the stuff? That's convenient. Any idea what kind of price it goes for? The good quality stuff, I mean."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 02:20:17 AM »
>"Oh, they just sell the stuff? That's convenient. Any idea what kind of price it goes for? The good quality stuff, I mean."

>"Uh, probably like 50☼ or so for a small bag, buddy. Maybe more.  The good stuff gets expensive."

>_

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 02:21:51 AM »
>"Eh, I might be able to cover it. Here's hoping. Anyhow, thanks and have a nice day."
>Continue onward

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 02:34:38 AM »
>"Eh, I might be able to cover it. Here's hoping. Anyhow, thanks and have a nice day."
>Continue onward

>"You too, buddy!"
>You continue onward, passing through the branching tunnels and past the area where the fissures cover the floor. Then, you get to the shelf-like rocky steps. If she's going to be anywhere, she's going to be in here...

>_

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:40 AM »
>Keep going cautiously
>Keep an ear out for noises, but do NOT turn to face them if it sounds like it could be another thrown rock

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 02:41:23 AM »
>Keep going cautiously
>Keep an ear out for noises, but do NOT turn to face them if it sounds like it could be another thrown rock

>You proceed onwards, keeping an ear open for sounds such a thrown rocks, while floating down the steps.
>Suddenly, a voice cries, "Say rock!" You can't tell if it's coming from above or the sides or behind, due to the echoes!

>_

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 02:42:39 AM »
>"Rock!"
>Quickly dash sideways, while clutching our bag

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 02:48:42 AM »
>"Rock!"
>Quickly dash sideways, while clutching our bag

>You  dash; really you bank; to the side, moments before a bucket descends from above and smacks into the floor.

>_