Author Topic: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 44752 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Moreso - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2010, 01:44:25 AM »
>The coast feels clear. You land, and go to the door. It isn't locked.
>You enter Satori's side of the house. It still feels like home, despite having moved out, and despite memories of a whole different and likely more genuine life. You walk into a living room, done up with old white wallpaper with little polka dots. There's pictures of family on the walls, as well as numerous animals; pets and wild animals. There's a TV in the corner, opposite of the couch. On the old striped couch is the kindest person you've known in two lifetimes, laying down with three cats curled up on her; Gram, Marsil, and Crissaegrim. She is wearing her old blue nightgown, complete with open-toed slippers.
>She is just staring at you, wide-eyed, jaw slack.

>_

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2010, 01:47:13 AM »
>"Uh, hi there. I hope I'm not too scary looking right now. It's... good to see you again."
>Go up and give her a hug, as long as she doesn't seem too shocked to accept it at the moment

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 01:47:31 AM »
> "Hey Mom, Satori. I'm really sorry to have worried you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 01:52:50 AM »
>"Uh, hi there. I hope I'm not too scary looking right now. It's... good to see you again."
>Go up and give her a hug, as long as she doesn't seem too shocked to accept it at the moment

>"What in the world...?" she says in a small voice.
>You consider giving her a hug, but she tends not to like them much, on account of her arms. Also the cats show no sign of moving.

> "Hey Mom, Satori. I'm really sorry to have worried you."

>"I think...maybe you should sit down and explain."

>_

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 01:58:18 AM »
>Sit down
>Take a deep breath
>"Ok, I'll try to cover the bases as quickly as I can. I'm sure this is all kinda overwhelming. I'm not human. And neither is Orin. And you're not supposed to be, either. At least, that's not how you were born. We all lived another life, in another place, and most of us don't remember. But I remember now. And so does Orin. Someone made this Gensokyo, changed us, gave us new lives and made us forget our old ones. When I went looking for evidence of what was wrong about this world... that's when the issue with the research institute happened. They were holding part of my old self there. And now I have it back."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 02:00:12 AM »
>Sit down
>Take a deep breath
>"Ok, I'll try to cover the bases as quickly as I can. I'm sure this is all kinda overwhelming. I'm not human. And neither is Orin. And you're not supposed to be, either. At least, that's not how you were born. We all lived another life, in another place, and most of us don't remember. But I remember now. And so does Orin. Someone made this Gensokyo, changed us, gave us new lives and made us forget our old ones. When I went looking for evidence of what was wrong about this world... that's when the issue with the research institute happened. They were holding part of my old self there. And now I have it back."

>The following silence is uncomfortable. Finally, she says, "Come over here, let me feel those things."

>_

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 02:02:29 AM »
>Do so

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2010, 02:04:25 AM »
> "The wings? Go for it."
> Move closer to Satori.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2010, 02:08:58 AM »
> "The wings? Go for it."
> Move closer to Satori.

>Do so

>You walk over to her and present one of your wings. She sits up, making Marsil give up his seat reluctantly, and starts to feel them. To be honest, it's a little uncomfortable. It's rather like someone feeling up and down your arm at random, only with the periodic twinges from a feather being tweaked a little too much. After a moment, she stops, and says, "So, my little crow's finally gone and done it...But, what will you do now? The police and the scientists are going to both want you."

>_

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2010, 02:13:48 AM »
>"Yes, well, there's some other complications to this..."
>"You see, the people who made this world and sealed all our memories did so because they believed that it would make people happier. I fought two literal gods because they wanted to seal my memories away again. But that was an entire life that I lived. That we all lived, together. But... they said that I was being selfish. That what they'd done was for other people's good, and that I would be hurting others for my own sake, and... I don't want to do that. Koishi was also involved it making this happen. She... called me a traitor."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2010, 02:16:24 AM »
> "I intend to fix what was changed. But their are a few issues here and their... Some people may actually be happier here then they were back in the real Gensokyo. I know two people very well who might be happier here then back home, as do you..."
> "Do you think it would be right, to fix everything, even if it meant making some people have to suffer again?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2010, 02:19:50 AM »
>"Yes, well, there's some other complications to this..."
>"You see, the people who made this world and sealed all our memories did so because they believed that it would make people happier. I fought two literal gods because they wanted to seal my memories away again. But that was an entire life that I lived. That we all lived, together. But... they said that I was being selfish. That what they'd done was for other people's good, and that I would be hurting others for my own sake, and... I don't want to do that. Koishi was also involved it making this happen. She... called me a traitor."

>You are pretty sure she isn't entirely getting it. At least, not until you mention Koishi. You can see it in her face. "She's involved? ...She's here? And what did she say to you?"

> "I intend to fix what was changed. But their are a few issues here and their... Some people may actually be happier here then they were back in the real Gensokyo. I know two people very well who might be happier here then back home, as do you..."
> "Do you think it would be right, to fix everything, even if it meant making some people have to suffer again?

>"To be honest, Okuu, I don't have any idea what most of these things you're talking about even are. But please, about Koishi?"

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2010, 02:23:56 AM »
> "I met up with Koishi, and she is teamed up with the people who changed the Gensokyo we used to live in, into this island. She thought I was doing all this, trying to put things back to normal, for myself only, without really considering how some people would end up suffering, and called me a traitor for that."

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2010, 02:25:06 AM »
>"She was one of the people who helped make this Gensokyo we're in. I think she had a lot to do with sealing people's memories in the first place. She said... she made this Gensokyo so that you and her could be normal people. That you were suffering in your old life, and that this was done for your two's sake. And that I'd just be hurting you if I tried to change things back...."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2010, 02:34:10 AM »
> "I met up with Koishi, and she is teamed up with the people who changed the Gensokyo we used to live in, into this island. She thought I was doing all this, trying to put things back to normal, for myself only, without really considering how some people would end up suffering, and called me a traitor for that."
>"She was one of the people who helped make this Gensokyo we're in. I think she had a lot to do with sealing people's memories in the first place. She said... she made this Gensokyo so that you and her could be normal people. That you were suffering in your old life, and that this was done for your two's sake. And that I'd just be hurting you if I tried to change things back...."

>"I wish she could have found the time to stop in," Satori says, "But I suppose she's been busy, if she's doing half the things you've said. And, as for the things she's saying, I suppose it's just a little too much for me to understand..."

>_

« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2010, 02:42:06 AM »
>"Well, you see, I accused them of not having the right to take people's lives away without asking them, even if they thought the new life was better. But... I feel like I'd be a hypocrite if I just changed things back without seeing if they were right. All of them talked about what you got out of all this, Satori. I'd like to be able to ask you what you honestly think."
>"We can get your memories back. Restore you to your old self. Would you be willing to let us do that?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2010, 03:19:03 AM »
> Wait, Satori names her cats after Symphony of the Night weapons?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
>"Well, you see, I accused them of not having the right to take people's lives away without asking them, even if they thought the new life was better. But... I feel like I'd be a hypocrite if I just changed things back without seeing if they were right. All of them talked about what you got out of all this, Satori. I'd like to be able to ask you what you honestly think."
>"We can get your memories back. Restore you to your old self. Would you be willing to let us do that?"

>"I think I'm having a hard time following," says Satori. "You're saying...the whole world's been changed? And I'm also something other than human? That's preposterous. I've lived here my whole life!"

> Wait, Satori names her cats after Symphony of the Night weapons?

>Actually, that's more your fault.

>_

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »
>"Yes, I know you have. And yes, I know how bizarre this all sounds. I'm not sure I would have believed it if I hadn't lived it. And it's not like your memories are entirely wrong. You can think of this almost as a second life. But you still lived a long one before this. Orin can vouch for this, too."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »
>"Yes, I know you have. And yes, I know how bizarre this all sounds. I'm not sure I would have believed it if I hadn't lived it. And it's not like your memories are entirely wrong. You can think of this almost as a second life. But you still lived a long one before this. Orin can vouch for this, too."

>"I don't even know what to think about all this..." she says.

>_

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
>"Is there anything I can do to help? Other than give you a little time?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 01:40:36 PM »
>"Is there anything I can do to help? Other than give you a little time?"

>"I'm not really sure what you want," she says. "You're going to turn it all back? Then, what does that mean for us? What do you want from me, exactly?"

>_

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
>"We all still lived together in our old life, you know: you, Orin, and me. But anyway, you see, I've met someone now who can restore people's memories on an individual basis. I want to be able to ask you, when you can remember both lives you've lived, whether this world really is the one you feel happier in."

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
>"I want reassurance, from someone who I trusted the most in my both of my lives, that I'm doing the right thing. That is, mom, you."

>"Today I've encountered and fought those who was behind this whole changing the world incident. They thought that I'm doing this for my own, that I'm selfish. Their main argument was that I am putting certain people to suffer in their old life again if I restore the world."

>"You'll understand what I mean when you get back your old memories, because you're one of the 'certain people' they mentioned."

>"So, I'm asking if you are willing to restore your memories and tell me what to do..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »
>"We all still lived together in our old life, you know: you, Orin, and me. But anyway, you see, I've met someone now who can restore people's memories on an individual basis. I want to be able to ask you, when you can remember both lives you've lived, whether this world really is the one you feel happier in."

>She nods, but you're not certain she completely understands, or completely accepts it.

>"I want reassurance, from someone who I trusted the most in my both of my lives, that I'm doing the right thing. That is, mom, you."

>"Today I've encountered and fought those who was behind this whole changing the world incident. They thought that I'm doing this for my own, that I'm selfish. Their main argument was that I am putting certain people to suffer in their old life again if I restore the world."

>"You'll understand what I mean when you get back your old memories, because you're one of the 'certain people' they mentioned."

>"So, I'm asking if you are willing to restore your memories and tell me what to do..."

>"I still don't really understand what you mean. But, if you feel that doing this is what is best, I'll trust you. Alright?"

>_

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »
>"Ok. Now, I just need to check if the others have made any progress at getting this done, now."
>Call Keine

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »
>"Ok. Now, I just need to check if the others have made any progress at getting this done, now."
>Call Keine

>"Alright," says Satori.
>You call Keine. After a few rings, she answers. "This is not the best time," she says. "I've awakened Patchouli, but now we have to figure out how to get that painting out of here. With things on alert like they are, it'll take some time. Not even she can just walk out with a painting."

>_

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2010, 02:17:43 PM »
>"Ok, so she can't walk out, but could she bring someone in? I'm with Satori at the moment. Oh, and is Orin with you, now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
>"Ok, so she can't walk out, but could she bring someone in? I'm with Satori at the moment. Oh, and is Orin with you, now?"

>"As it stands, not anyone who doesn't already work here," says Keine. "They're really antsy after the whole break-in. And no, why would she be here?"

>_

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2010, 02:27:54 PM »
>"She flew off to try being of help with getting access to that painting. I... kinda forgot to give her your number before she left. I tried calling you then, but there was no answer."