Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition (Pesco, Affinity Wins)  (Read 29189 times)

Re: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
The Third One~

1. Affinity (0) - Roukanken
2. Uncertain Kitten (1) - huh what
3. Pesco (1) - Huh what, Affinity, UncertainKitten Kiro
4. Huh What (2) - Kiro, Roukanken, UncertainKitten
5. Roukanken (1) - Pesco, Kitten4u
6. Kiro (0) -
7. Kitten4u (1) - Affinity

Not Voting (1) - Pesco
With seven playing, it take four to lynch.
There are 15ish hours left.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:25 AM »
Maybe the dust of this has settled too Quickly. (Wtf is up the Q on all the campus computers). Kiro's main gripe with me is that I unvoted Rou. But what was my vote on Rou for in the first place? It was from RVS and since we're out of that, why would my unvote be unnecessary? I have no intention of lynching Rou yet. We've seen L-1 approach very Quickly and if my vote stayed there, Rou would get lynched by consensus of 3 people, not a proper majority.

Like I said it's the best I've got right now.  It wouldn't be ideal, but I'd take "best I've got" over "not the best I've got."
And once again, please explain to me why using gut is something scum is more likely to do than town.  As far as I can tell it's simply suboptimal.

Is this still the best you've got by now?

No I'm not.  Yes, the random ad hom on Rou is him being himself, but I wouldn't find that scummy if it came from someone else.  That's all that comment was refering to.

This doesn't sound right. Like you've contradicted yourself on using meta to clear me. The people that use ad homs with backing, you can say aren't scummy. UK and myself use ad homs with less backing and by meta would appear normal. I think it would be scummy for some people to use ad homs and how you've given a general pass for it is weird.

##Vote K4U

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 10:26:29 AM »
OK, so. Finally got around to reading last two days of WTC (spent most of D4 convinced the pair was Affinity and Carth - yes, I was wrong about my own scumteam) and now finally looking properly at this.

Pesco's unvote here is unproductive and paradoxical. If he wanted to pressure K4U on her gut vote on me, why didn't he put down a vote to go along with it?

Then he goes on to ask if she wants to see me lynched today. I can't see any reason to ask this question other than to pin her unequivocally to a mislynch later, which is obviously anti-Town.

Meanwhile, K4U is trying to argue that nothing today is suspicious and that I should be lynched on gut. Problem - gut doesn't give us anything to work with on later days, and your insistence that every other case in the day has zero content seems very unhelpful. It kills off the iffy cases we need to go through to get to the real cases.

UK actually trying to start discussion seems fine to me. HW moved Pesco out of L-1, but given he's used to larger games I'm willing to consider this more of a Townie error. No-one else is really catching my attention atm, so I'm looking at a Pesco/K4U team right now.

##Unvote, Vote: Pesco (L-2)

Ninja'd by Pesco producing a page of useless reasons for his unvote. Starts by denying any and ALL connection with the vote on me, before jumping onto K4U for the gut call that apparently didn't earn her his vote back at #34. He exaggerates the ad hom point - K4U didn't find an ad-hom joke in RVS scummy, big whoop. IMO, he's looking too hard for an original point so he can claim credit for a scumflip.
Referencing Haruhi Mafia is practically Appeal to Authority - "Hey guys, remember this game where you were all useless? You should trust what I'm saying instead!"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
I  am highly amused at how I can cut your post by 2 hours and this is all you can come up with.

What makes any of your fluff relevant in proving I'm scum? As far as I can see, it's you that is reaching by regurgitating what Kiro said. You already call me and K4U as scumteam, borrowing from Kiro much?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
I opened the reply page, then left it up as I went to read WTC. >_>

I looked at the 'is that your final answer?' point in more detail. Apologies for not having a good deal of new info to add on Day 1 when Kiro has already made a decent case against you.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
That also happened to be my last post before going to bed. Pray tell how I can press K4U any further when I am sleeping?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
Why so reluctant to pressure her with a vote?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »
I wasn't ready yet.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
Not ready to...what? Place a vote that would have put K4U nowhere near a lynch?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:05 PM »
There wasn't anything really voteworthy at the point when I left.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
Hmm...we got some interesting stuff here. K4U's reaction read as...overly defensive to me. I don't think I had any issues with Pesco's counter reactions so...I'll go out on a limb here and put K4U at L-1 >=[ Don't quickhammer but we are close to deadline so you should probably declare an intent to hammer soon if you are going to

##Unvote, Vote K4U

So, yeah, I'm partially doing this so we have a clear lynch (and hoping I'm right cause I think this is a swing vote), and partially because K4 rubbed me the wrong way with her reactions.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »
Hrm, one thing I want to say now is that while it's possible the scum team could be Pesco/K4U, I'm not going to commit to that.

Also, the K4U lynch feels like the "easier" lynch. Because 5 out of 6 people don't like her actions (huh what needs to show up again), lynching her won't tell us anything about the other players. The question is how likely of it being a mislynch and scum just riding along with it. It feels too easy and since K4U played like this the previous game, it's easy for Scum to take advantage of it if she's Town.

Pesco's flip however, will give us contrasting views. A few people think he's ok, a few people don't. It allows for more tangible leads to be followed in Day 2 rather than the WIFOMy goodness we'd get if K4U turns out to be lynched and Townie. Pesco also has his vote on K4U while K4U has it on the offshoot Rou so there's a more established link running that way. And I think Pesco is being dodgy with his actions. The first part of his #61 is stating an unfounded fear. He himself got to L-1 via random votes and kind of reacted calmly to it; why is he bothering to avoid the same situation with Rou? He's introducing a WIFOM that didn't need to be introduced and it feels scummy. And the vote on K4U now feels lackluster considering he could have done it before. Vote on Pesco is going to stay.

Kiro

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »
EBWOP: The reason I said that first point above is that Rou specifically called out a scumteam pairing. There's really no basis for that at this point in time and hints at how he plans to approach the game at this moment. Maybe... like a scum with a plan. Not entirely comforting.

And finally, to factor in if K4U is indeed Town, she is going by gut just like the previous game. And she could very well be right in this game about Rou who she hasn't budged from at all.

Ergh, probably still ok with the Pesco lynch. If my nagging feelings about a Scum Rou are true for this game, I'd see him more likely to vote Pesco and have his wagon tie K4U's rather than swing K4U's wagon to L-1. Less responsibility this way and could suit his purposes for either a mislynch or bus.

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
1. Affinity (0) - Roukanken
2. Uncertain Kitten (1) - huh what
3. Pesco (2) - Huh what, Affinity, UncertainKitten, Kiro, Roukanken
4. Huh What (0) - Kiro, Roukanken, UncertainKitten
5. Roukanken (1) - Pesco, Kitten4u
6. Kiro (0) -
7. Kitten4u (3) - Affinity, Pesco, UncertainKitten

With seven playing, it take four to lynch.
Kitten4u is at L-1
There are 3 hours left.

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
Also, the K4U lynch feels like the "easier" lynch. Because 5 out of 6 people don't like her actions (huh what needs to show up again), lynching her won't tell us anything about the other players.
I was sleeping, and the board was down when I woke up.

K4U's initial vote doesn't seem too bad for me since it was still RVS, but she should at least have something better than gut as a reason to vote by now that we've gotten more posts. Also, lynching K4U actually would tell us a bit about other players, don't forget about her interaction with Pesco.

But this also means lynching Pesco would tell us about the interaction as well, and imo he's probably the better lynch since aside from his generally odd behavior lynching him would expand on a lot.

##Vote Pesco

And finally, to factor in if K4U is indeed Town, she is going by gut just like the previous game. And she could very well be right in this game about Rou who she hasn't budged from at all.
"But what if her gut is RIGHT???" doesn't really help us out at all :| Even if she hasn't budged from him that doesn't make her gut any more credible. If she has reasons to keep her vote on Rou now, then she should speak up.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »
That's a lot of fluffiness for a L-1 vote.

Kiro

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 07:39:58 PM »
That's a lot of fluffiness for a L-1 vote.

I kind of agree. But since you're around Pesco, feel free to elaborate on anything your accusers have said about you or the case on K4U.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 07:41:21 PM »
No, this doesn't make me suspect huh what, not at all.

Very, very, happy with my vote on K4U at this time. Will likely vote HW tomorrow unless something amazing happens.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
I kind of agree. But since you're around Pesco, feel free to elaborate on anything your accusers have said about you or the case on K4U.

Anything to say...K4U hasn't responded and Rou is talking out his ass copying you and tacking on catchphrases that don't even have any relevance.

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »
* crickets *
Felt everything had already been said and I'd just be parroting Kiro and Rou, but ok.

First of all RVS. Don't think the "Pesco avoiding OMGUSing!!" thing really counts for much at this point, but in #27, rather than actually respond to the actual vote, he just claims that he says Rou sucks, which really comes off like he doesn't want to deal with the vote, even if it's not particularily serious at this point. #37 could possibly be digging for information on who would vote Rou if scum were to attempt to get him mislynched by the end of the day, or if K4U is with Pesco, attempting to blame the mislynch on her instead. His unvote seems kind of derpy as well, since he didn't really have anybody else to place it on and Rou wasn't exactly close to being lynched. Plus despite questioning K4U he doesn't attempt to really put any pressure on her at all and it just kind of seems like he goes "oh ok" and backs off until #61 where he actually votes her, which is odd.  #65 is a decent excuse... or at least it would be if he had actually voted K4U when he unvoted. A vote would add more pressure on her even while she's not being questioned, yet he avoids doing so for some reason. #67 does not really explain anything at all, he could at least say why he wasn't ready. According to #69 there wasn't anything voteworthy, but apparently there was enough to pressure her about her gut, so not voting her was counterproductive as it could have gotten more out of her (like what could have been more reasons to vote). Also note that there wasn't much voteworthy for other people either at that point. #75 complains about my fluffiness (derp) but apparently he doesn't want to take the time to go into detail (which I've noticed a lot from him, ugh) or address anything else.

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
Both Pesco and Kitten4u are at L-1
Deadline is at 4:30 pm EST today, which by my clock leaves only 20 minutes until deadline.

Remember, With Haiku Rules in effect, somebody will get lynched as long as there's a vote in the field.

Kiro

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
There's something to be said about the D1 crapshoot being decided by a haiku-off.

Zakeri: No slight extension because the forums were down about an hour?

Regardless, huh what's explanation could use better formatting, but I think it's ok. Some of the points are original enough like the last sentence he has. That leaves me ok with lynching Pesco over K4U so I'm not going to switch.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
HW, your reasoning for voting Pesco is 'K4U's flip tells us about Pesco, therefore Pesco's flip tells us about K4U'. You're missing the point. Indeed, there's a lot of cheerleading the K4U lynch in here without you ever saying you find her scummy.

Quote from: Kiro
The reason I said that first point above is that Rou specifically called out a scumteam pairing.
Consisting of the two players I found most suspicious. The fact that the pair also had some thoroughly awkward relations doesn't do much to help.

I've been giving it some thought, and after HW's latest input I'm considering shifting to K4U for the day. lolgutvote is still pretty horrible, and her refusal to do anything other than stick to her gut does nothing to help Town. It's like she's trying to get away with the Assassin game meta of 'I know what I'm doing, so I can do whatever I like'.

Quote from: Kiro
And finally, to factor in if K4U is indeed Town, she is going by gut just like the previous game.
This is the sort of atmosphere I'm not fine with.
- She never went by gut in Assassin, she followed the dull and dreary theory.
- Assassin is a totally different game from C9. Failing to contribute in Assassin is apparently pro-Town. Failing to contribute in C9 is a terrible idea for Town.
Indeed, the fact you even termed it like that makes me think a great deal less of you.

Besides that, her flip is more informative than people give it credit for. If she flips scum, then we turn our suspicions on either Pesco for his reluctance to vote her, or to huh what for his fluffy explanation as he evened up the wagons. Perhaps even Kiro following his over-generous misrep of K4U. If she flips Town, Pesco looks a lot better in that holding away from voting a Townie is not the sort of mistake scum are liable to make.

In comparison, I'm not sure how much info we get from the Pesco flip. If he flips scum, then we look to K4U for his reluctance to vote her. If he flips Town, well, we don't really have much on anyone.

Plus I'm pretty sure Pesco knows better than to deliberately try pissing me off when he's scum. So yeah.
##Unvote, Hammer: K4U

Ninja'd by irrelevant huh what IIoA.

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »
Wow on second thought that post is probably unreadable. Ah well, too lazy to respost with more usage of the enter key.

But yeah, what I said about Pesco and K4U in my post voting for him still stands too. Plus I feel that Pesco hasn't actually been attempting to press people/scumhunt/etc very much at all beyond K4U, which as I already said, comes off really awkward because of how he didn't vote in the initial interaction. The rest of his posts have been defending himself or saying very littl-

Oh hi Rou ninja. Doesn't matter now I guess but I'd rather get this posted anyway.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 08:24:21 PM »
HW, I really hope you repost that wall of what the fuck later with better formatting when D2 starts.

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »
Yeah sure.

Kiro

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »
Really quick on Roukan's point: K4U went by gut in not hammering you on D1 of Assassin. That's what I was referring to.

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:58 PM »
Kitten4u has been lynched.

She was Alice Margatroid, Vanilla Townie.

Night begins now and ends at 4:30 pm EST tomorrow. Night actions not sent in by that time will be randomized.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2010, 08:30:29 PM »
So, I just now noticed how much of my ruleset Zak steals

Thief >=[

Deal with it, Ze*
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:34:59 PM by Zakeri »

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
"Come on! I want to play, too!"

"Sorry, but we're already in the middle of something."

"I don't care! I'm going to join anyway!"

Kilgamayan is now playing.

"If that's the case, then you have been nightkilled."

"What?"

Kilgamayan, playing Cirno, Vanilla Icecream, was killed Night 1.
With Six people left, it takes 4 votes for a majority.
Next Deadline is Thursday 15th, 4:30 pm EST.

"...You guys are just being mean to me."