Author Topic: Reisen Quest Another: A Z Machine Adventure  (Read 78035 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Reisen Quest Another: A Z Machine Adventure
« on: March 19, 2010, 01:20:35 AM »
Cover Art

<Kitten1u>  Reisen was all WA-TAH
<Kitten1u> and Rise was all HI-YAH!
<Kitten1u> and the other rabbits were all HOOOOO-WAH!
<Kitten1u> and Watatsuki was all OOOOO-HAH!

>You are Reisen Udongein Inaba, Gensokyo's premier gunbunny, and now one of the most dangerous people to walk the face of the land!
>You an immigrant to Gensokyo from the moon. The events surrounding that have left you with a powerful hatred of Neil Armstrong, which you do not like to get into. You have been living at Eientei after running away from home. You work for Eirin Yagokoro, which has led to many rumors being spread about the abuses she heaps on you. Only a few of them are true! She has given you a variety of strange jobs over the years; you've done your best to handle them and think you did pretty well outside the moon incident. Kaguya Houraisan considers you her pet and you still don't know what she means by that; aside from the fact she uses it as an excuse to pat you on the head sometimes. You are deeply concerned about the rights and treatment of rabbits, particularly those in Eientei, and have managed to argue for them to have better treatment on a few occasions. You have crazy eyes and it freaks some people right out; thankfully you have gotten some tinted glasses to deal with this. You are a goddamn snappy dresser. You have tapped into the power of a set of exceedingly powerful artifacts, and have become powerful enough you could defeat your masters without undue effort.
>The Hakurei Shrine and Byakuren's Followers are at each other's throats over UFOs supposedly spying on the Hakurei Shrine, you've discovered it to be a Lunarian plot!  A mysterious unnamed rabbit has been causing trouble, you've learned she is the rabbit who took your place and your name, and is also part of the Lunarian Plot.  Marisa has asked you to hook up Alice with a suitable friend, or perhaps significant other. You've vowed to prove to the world you aren't just good for your sex appeal, however ample it may be. You are wracking your brain to figure out how to make a base six pair of paints. You have taken control of a set of exceedingly powerful artifacts, and can now rival either of your masters without undo effort.
>You recovered your stockings from being hung out like flags! You have befriended the Yakumo family! You've done multiple errands for Patchouli! You have hoodwinked Remilia into thinking you robbed Hakugyokorou on her behalf! You have Youmu's gratitude for returning her sword! You helped Letty deal with her hangover. You helped Hina find her missing arm and get it reattached! You've helped Nitori recover some scrap metal from a crashed rocket! You rescued Satori from a dumbwaiter chute she got stuck in! You've impressed the faeries with your ability to mutilate reason! You've gotten in good with the boss of the underground's premier club, The Felt! You have befriended a lone wolf, and had him trained! You've uncovered interesting bits of Gensokyo's mostly forgotten history! You have defeated an ancient terror of the Underground, the Oni Eater! You have been attacked several times by a mysterious apparition that wants the gems! You have become romantically involved with Eirin!
>Presently, you are confronting Yorihime about the actions and intentions of the Lunarians in Gensokyo. It has not gone well, but at least neither she or the rabbits have tried to shank you yet.

> "How do you expect to enforce Lunarian law here on Terra?"

>"My intention is to forcibly extradite her," Yorihime answers. You sense that you're starting to irritate her, though her face is as calm as ever.

>_

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Reisen Quest Another: A Z Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:39:41 AM »
Cover Art
> Contemplate that your finger appears, in fact, to be a sausage

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 03:51:29 AM »
> Contemplate that your finger appears, in fact, to be a sausage

>It is not Af's fault he has sausage fingers. You should be nice.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 03:56:46 AM »
> "If I may be so bold, why haven't you done it yet, then? We both know what power you have at your disposal. There must be something holding you back, keeping you here underground with holograms set up so Gensokyo's citizens won't notice you."
> "Incidentally, I wouldn't recommend doing it right now, since Master Eirin is currently working alongside Patchouli, researching the nature of the broken sword. There's a good bet you'd have to talk to her about what you're doing."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 04:00:12 AM »
> "Oh, I should also mention that Master Eirin's not terribly happy with Rise running around and pretending to be an Eientei rabbit in order to further unknown goals. I know you said you expect no interference on her part in this endeavour, but I imagine she'll still want words, at the very least, after Rise made her presence known in Eientei and also indirectly started a scuffle between the Hakurei and Hijiri camps."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 04:06:31 AM »
> "If I may be so bold, why haven't you done it yet, then? We both know what power you have at your disposal. There must be something holding you back, keeping you here underground with holograms set up so Gensokyo's citizens won't notice you."
> "Incidentally, I wouldn't recommend doing it right now, since Master Eirin is currently working alongside Patchouli, researching the nature of the broken sword. There's a good bet you'd have to talk to her about what you're doing."

>"Because however you may think of me now, Reisen, I'm not simply some storm trooper seeking to sate the public desire for vengeance. I have been quietly trying to make certain that my findings are completely correct. The things you have told me, once I've verified them, will certainly speed it along. And yes, we're staying hidden. It is easier that way. However, it seems your replacement has grown a little sloppy."
>She frowns at the news about Eirin. "That will be difficult. But we do not anticipate direct opposition from The Sage or The Princess. However much they've turned from us, we understand they still hold loyalties to the capital. They shall not stand in our way."

> "Oh, I should also mention that Master Eirin's not terribly happy with Rise running around and pretending to be an Eientei rabbit in order to further unknown goals. I know you said you expect no interference on her part in this endeavour, but I imagine she'll still want words, at the very least, after Rise made her presence known in Eientei and also indirectly started a scuffle between the Hakurei and Hijiri camps."

>"She may have words, then."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 05:47:48 AM »
> Consider how much backup we would get from Eirin and Kaguya on this topic.

I assume "The Sage" is Eirin.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
> Consider how much backup we would get from Eirin and Kaguya on this topic.

I assume "The Sage" is Eirin.

>You aren't entirely certain. You suspect that they would both fall upon the side of respecting Patchouli. But they both also consider themselves Lunarians in exile, rather then full rogues, so it is possible one or either of them may choose to uphold the decree. You've never really discussed weighty matters like this with them.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
> Ponder how big of a mess this will turn in to.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
> Ponder how big of a mess this will turn in to.

>This could get nasty.
>"Now that all of this has been said, Reisen," says Yorihime. "I ask you one more time, what will you choose to do?"

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 07:08:37 PM »
>This could get nasty.
>"Now that all of this has been said, Reisen," says Yorihime. "I ask you one more time, what will you choose to do?"

>_
>"I refuse to be a part of the eradication of Patchouli Knowledge."

Also, I giggled when I saw the smiley faces at the base of Reisen's ears in the picture.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 02:25:58 AM »
>"I refuse to be a part of the eradication of Patchouli Knowledge."

>Yorihime frowns and exhales strongly through her nose. You know her well enough to know she is very disappointed. "I am afraid I will not be able to let you leave this installation until the mission has been completed," she says. "Cooperate, and we shall treat you as an honored guest."

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
>Seriously contemplate how to kick her ass properly. Wait for other voices before actually doing it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »
>Seriously contemplate how to kick her ass properly. Wait for other voices before actually doing it.

>You start to review your options in light of the situation. If she intends to detain you, you are either going to have to accept, escape, or fight your way out. If you accept, you'll be a prisoner for heaven know how long; it seems like it will be days or weeks before they are done here. If you try to escape now, you are most certainly going to have to outrun  her, as she does not want you spreading word of her presence. Or you could accept, then wait to escape, but that may well take hours or days before you can find a proper opening. The final option, then, would well be to overpower her.
>You aren't certain how you'll go about doing that outside the basics of hitting her until she stops moving. All you know is that she has literally thousands of tricks up her sleeve. You think you may have a couple of advantages. She can't have any idea how many tricks you have up your sleeve, although you can't imagine she doesn't have some idea of the gems' capacity now. As well, you are not on the moon, but rather on the impure earth. She may not be quite so capable of calling on the gods here. Maybe.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »
Voices, I propose we run like hell, and we get back up. If we fail at this, we'll need to kick her ass. All of us are pretty clever, so we'll probably win...even without flaming legos of fuckwin. But, still, I'd prefer to run and just have Reimu and company help kick her ass. Sound fun?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »
Let's at least try to talk our way out of this first. We have a few tricks up our sleeve related to outside resources at our disposal, and our relationship with Eirin means she'll likely side with us when the chips are down, so we can use her as a threat.

> "I'm not so sure detaining me here is a good idea. Eirin knows we're on the hunt for Rise, and when I disappear she'll suspect something's up. I can't imagine she'll take long to find this place, there's at least one other prominent figure in Gensokyo that knows I was on my way to this area, and I met with them very recently. Even if you think she'll step aside for your Patchy Quest, she will not be happy with you for holding me here."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
Aww, I wanted to kick her ass.

* UncertainKitten needs to learn that fighting isn't everything :P.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »
Have to go for a while, will leave the rest of you a few notes.

- Try to talk Watathingy there down as best you can, but if you're faced with a fight-or-capture dichotomy, blow her up.
- Don't forget that Eirin and Tewi know about Rise, Reimu knows we were headed to this field and that the wolf came down with us (don't remember exactly where in the complex he is right now, though if he's with us then this part can be ignored). Also remember that Eirin knows we've been helping Reimu out. Use Eirin threats to the best of your advantage to get your way, the way we've built our relationship with her means she'd take our side against anyone except the princess.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56:27 PM »
> "I'm not so sure detaining me here is a good idea. Eirin knows we're on the hunt for Rise, and when I disappear she'll suspect something's up. I can't imagine she'll take long to find this place, there's at least one other prominent figure in Gensokyo that knows I was on my way to this area, and I met with them very recently. Even if you think she'll step aside for your Patchy Quest, she will not be happy with you for holding me here."

>"As I have said," Yorihime answers, "The Sage will not stand in our way. She will understand the necessity of detaining you until the mission is complete. As for others, I am not worried about them. Should they find their way here, they will be at a disadvantage and readily dealt with. Now, kindly remove that backpack, divest yourself of those crystals, and empty your pockets, please."
>The wolf has followed you and laid down near your feet while you and Yorihime were talking, seemingly unaware of the situation.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 01:58:28 AM »
We have two choices, voices. Fight or run. Both of these are best done with the element of surprise.

>How well do we remember the way out?
>Inventory, but preferably from memory so we don't have to waste time.

I also suggest we use a tone of voice that would strike the wolf into action, while saying something perfectly normal to Yorihime. Any suggestions?

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 02:59:01 AM »
>Thoroughly protect our gun arm. We don't want any Revolver Ocelot incidents happening, do we?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 03:31:02 AM »
>How well do we remember the way out?
>Inventory, but preferably from memory so we don't have to waste time.

>It is only a couple turns, you remember it well enough. The difficulty is that everyone else knows the way much better.
>You try to remember your inventory.
>Your Inventory contains:
>Dress Suit w/ Stockings (Wore as clothes)
>Cresent Pin (Worn as accessory)
>Wave Sign: Mind Shaker
>Visionary Wave: Mind Blowing
>Lunatic Sign: Visionary Tuning (Significantly Expended.)
>Lunatic Gaze: Illusion Seeker
>Loafing Sign: Idling Wave (Partially Expended)
>Indolence: Mind Stopper
>Spread Sign: Invisible Full Moon
>Lunar Eyes: Tele-Mesmerism
>Pair of Tinted Glasses
>Beautiful Seashell
>Dark Blue Backpack
>Faerie Ribbon
>Bottle of Wind
>600~☼
>Red Gem
>Silver Medal (Worn as accessory)
>A Song Thing
>Opal Brooch
>Blue Gem
>Purple Gem
>Heal Plus tm potion
>Green Gem
>Vial of Pollen
>Sealing Talisman Set

>_

>Thoroughly protect our gun arm. We don't want any Revolver Ocelot incidents happening, do we?

>This goes hand in hand with not letting Yorihime get close enough to use that sword. Should this happen, you know for a fact that even with the gems, you'll be in deep trouble.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 03:33:47 AM »
>Oh right, while we're considering (VERY QUICKLY), is there a way we could incite the wolf to attack and then us start throwing everything we have at her without her realizing we ordered the wolf to attack til it springs? (um...that didn't make sense, but basically Satori said something about tone of voice, and can we talk to Yorihime in such a way that gets the wolf to attack her without her realizing it?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 03:38:09 AM »
>Oh right, while we're considering (VERY QUICKLY), is there a way we could incite the wolf to attack and then us start throwing everything we have at her without her realizing we ordered the wolf to attack til it springs? (um...that didn't make sense, but basically Satori said something about tone of voice, and can we talk to Yorihime in such a way that gets the wolf to attack her without her realizing it?)

>You don't think there is any tone of voice you could use to put the wolf on alert that Yorihime wouldn't interpret as hostile, or at least terrible rude.
>...Did Satori even teach him to attack on command?

>_

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »
>Save the game.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »
>Save the game.

>There are only quick saves in the Z-Machine Adventures. Otherwise people would abuse the dupe tricks we could never figure out how to bust.

>_

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
> Input up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start
> Would using the Blue Gem to try and blind Yorihime be feasible, if it came down to it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »
> Input up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start
> Would using the Blue Gem to try and blind Yorihime be feasible, if it came down to it?

>Patchouli used that one up.
>You...think you might be able to do this. But you would have to take a little time for it shift from its usual function, and probably have to get it right in her face. But it could work.

>_

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:43 PM »
>Ooh, good idea, do that if possible and RUN RUN RUN LIKE HELL!
>Create a wall of flames behind you as you flee if you flee.
>Actually, can we make a wall of force, and if so, how long can we keep it up and how far away can we get from it?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »
>How much time is a little time? If it's short enough, float the gems over to her first as if you are giving them up after the blue one is ready, blind her and enact above plan.