Author Topic: ☞ Time For Analysis! Come Get Headshrunk Here! ☜  (Read 73470 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
☞ Time For Analysis! Come Get Headshrunk Here! ☜
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:11:39 AM »

Good evening!

Tonight we will peel back the carefully crafted You that you show the world like a Samoan would peel a ripe papaya and reveal the sick, twisted, unspeakable horrors that lay within your subconscious mind. That's right: I, renowned pioneer of the mind sciences and dedicated Touhou fan Sigmund Freud, will plummet the depths of your soul, rappelling down a rope of  piercing insight with one of those miner's hats on, the kind that has the light in front, in order to discover your inner demons.

Tell the good doctor why you love your favorite Touhous, and you will be given a psychoanalysis based on your responses. Reveal no other personal information about yourself, your state of mind, or your life conditions. This is pure Gensokyan psychiatry - even better than science itself.

So! Let's hear it. Stretch out on this fine, leather couch, pardon me as a light a pen- A CIGAR. IT'S JUST A CIGAR - and tell the good doctor: why is she your favorite?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: ☞ Time For Analysis! Come Get Headshrunk Here! ☜
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »
Can't you lose your license for this?

She is my favorite because her spellcard background is a GIANT MOKOU FACE.  It is Giant, and Mokou, and Face, and therefore fantastic.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »
My favourite is most obviously Mrs. Kogasa Tatara because she's ridiculously cute and I kinda always felt an attachment to her ever since I saw her in UFO about a year ago  :derp:
Now please disassemble my subconscious, I look forward to it :P
I finally got ahead!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
I like a lot of different characters, but I'm drawn to Koishi, Byakuren,  Nue, Kana, and Mystia. Koishi because her power is very interesting, Byakuren because of her personality and her goal of wanting equality between humans and youkai, Nue because even though I'm not mischievous myself, I like that mischievous quality in her; Kana because she seems really nice and for some reason I like to imagine what it would be like if she lived with me, and Mystia because she's adorable. Is that too much?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »
Because SCIENCE! (... though maybe she's more engineering? hmm.)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 12:40:07 AM »
Can't you lose your license for this?
Not in New Jersey!

She is my favorite because her spellcard background is a GIANT MOKOU FACE.  It is Giant, and Mokou, and Face, and therefore fantastic.
You have a straightforward and direct way of confronting problems, but often lose your way in details. Also I am pretty certain you were forced to eat a food you found revolting well into late childhood.

My favourite is most obviously Mrs. Kogasa Tatara because she's ridiculously cute and I kinda always felt an attachment to her ever since I saw her in UFO about a year ago  :derp:
While not a neat freak, you do have a pre-occupation with safety and protection. You eat a lot of comfort foods, despite your allergies, and are quite good at Mario Party.

I like a lot of different characters, but I'm drawn to Koishi, Byakuren,  Nue, Kana, and Mystia. Koishi because her power is very interesting, Byakuren because of her personality and her goal of wanting equality between humans and youkai, Nue because even though I'm not mischievous myself, I like that mischievous quality in her; Kana because she seems really nice and for some reason I like to imagine what it would be like if she lived with me, and Mystia because she's adorable. Is that too much?
You know, in my day the treatment for multiple personality disorder was a draught of pure mercury taken from a pewter cup. Today, there are many more options available. I'm just putting that out there.

Because SCIENCE! (... though maybe she's more engineering? hmm.)
You display a keen interest in the rational and explainable due to a youth fraught with uncertainty. You have excelled in ways you did not know possible. You are having difficulty choosing a major.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 12:41:32 AM »
I like ladies in high authority.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48:21 AM »
I'm in love with how she is absolutely cheery and adorable despite the fact she could make your organs eat themselves inside out with a thought. Her design is simplistic and states her race subtly without being absurdly obvious about it. Every thought and dream of spending time with her is laced with the threat of death, of how easily it would come by only a whim, laced in a manner like venom might be laced with her lips. Every moment makes my heart race, in fear or in anxiety or anticipation I don't ever know. It's a wild ride, every bit of it, and I'm trapped in her web and I don't want out.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 12:52:32 AM »
Kind. Friendly. Capable of punching boulders in half.

Also a refreshing exception to the whole 'fragile wizard' cliche.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »
I don't have multiple personalities disorder. I just like a lot of characters. >.>
At this point, I seriously question your credentials.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:10:51 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:15 AM »
What can I say but that I like a lady who sometimes has horns?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 01:07:29 AM »
Laid-back and easy to get along with, but is entirely capable of laying down the law when the situation is serious enough to call for it. Morbid sense of humor helps, too.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Joveus Molai

• Bear the Word, and the Word will bear you.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »
I have a huge soft spot for what tvtropes calls Woobies: characters whose personalities, backstories, behaviors, and/or fates make you sad. In the case of Touhou characters, therefore, my favorite would have to be Fujiwara no Mokou: centuries of isolation and loneliness, hated and despised by just about everyone, consumed by regret for the things she'd done to herself and others. (Well, that's bit of a hyperbole, but the point is: Mokou makes me   and I like that.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:14:06 AM by Joveus Molai »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 01:33:43 AM »
Semi-off-topic: Wouldn't it make more sense for Freud to be wearing a Koishi hat in the original post?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 02:32:48 AM »
Semi-off-topic: Wouldn't it make more sense for Freud to be wearing a Koishi hat in the original post?
Oh good, I still have this.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
She has nice legs.

(Ha, beat Ruro to the punch!)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 02:56:10 AM »
She looks good in ropes

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 03:02:51 AM »
   My absolute favorite would have to be Utsuho, no doubt. Everyone likes outer space (myself included), and the inside of her cape is made of space! The whole nuclear fusion thing is also awesome, being able to create stars on a whim. Her wings are also pretty, but I imagine they would be hard to use due to the cape...the concrete foot would probably hurt if I were to be on the receiving end of a kick. I, unlike many people, don't think she's a birdbrain (or at least not as stupid as everyone says she is...), you need at least some brains to keep a sun from collapsing or exploding. She's not that bad looks-wise, either...

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 03:03:48 AM »
I admit her hairstyle is both weird and ridiculously awesome for me, the idea of someone being both capable with a blade, magic, as well as faith is something I love - it gives me the feeling of the "Jack of All Stats" sort of character. That, and her BGM, Background, Effects and Spellcards are all simply breathtaking, her story is also one of the things I like the most about her - it simply screams "BADASS" to my ears.

Can't really put it more into words without going into personal life, I can identify myself a lot with her, or at least I can identify myself to how I perceive her to be :derp:

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 03:14:36 AM »
The potential to develop the character. There are several things that can be used, which are unknowns, to allow interpretations to vary wildly. The mystery.

Also the carefree attitude, and general goofiness. The concept that her abilty is darkness, yet she isn't some superpowered evil being with evil intentions. Dark is not Evil.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:16:15 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:26 AM »
She has fluffy wings.
That is all.
Oh and I guess you could develop 'er in any way.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 03:23:19 AM »
The willingness to trade in freedom and independence for power.
A serious demeanor.
Fluffy tails.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 03:32:55 AM »
Healthy ghost girl. It's odd, since I'm usually one for the flatter ones.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 04:22:44 AM »
This looks interesting. Better approach this another way to see where this goes.

[attach=1]
Science isn't about WHY, it's about WHY NOT? Cave Johnson here, with yet another pre-recorded message to the psychologist that the bean counters told me to consult, at the possible expense of 5 years' salary (which amounts to lunch for two at a burger joint).

So the doctor told me I should make a recording on my favourite character. I wanted to make a home movie but she was not available, so I'll describe her as thus. Averge height, long blonde hair, and dressed like she came out of Hogwarts. Also tends to be involved in the main action a lot and likes brooms but doesn't know what Quidditch is. None of these are why I'm really talking about her, though; I just wanted to make sure the doc understands. Otherwise I'd have to record this again, which means more money goes from the science budget to silly 17mm film.

We absolutely love that style of going around life that she as. Yet I cannot see her as working for us at Aperture Science. We have a strict code of conduct and mandatory employee testing that ensure we get not only good people, but also those who obey the high-standing morals of the company. She is a bit too brash for that, I am afraid, and loves to do things without even thoughts of second consideration.

Even so, that doesn't mean we can't condone her demeanour and actions. I highly approve of her constant experimentations with various natural substances, some of which come with unintended results. But no matter! For her - and me - a small setback like that means we go back to the drawing board and try once again, regardless of the damages that arise. It's also good she's taken to stealing trade secrets from a local...uh...what is it called, cashmere? Pot-pourri? Something along those lines, whatever. Back to my point. She takes those secrets and uses them towards her own gains, never really stooping down to share to those who cannot understand it. That's exactly what I endorse as part of the Counter-Black Mesa Program (CBMP, see ?14.42 of the Aperture Science Employee Handbook), and at least in our case it's been an astounding success. I hope the same to hers.

I also remember she used to be some squire or apprentice for a phantom of sorts eons ago, back when everything was 16 colours on our computer screens. Then she quickly went her own way, allied with one of our contacts for *classified* program, and since then has gone her own way for the most part, whilst helping a friend when she was in need. That, my friends, is a true role model. One who fights on his/her own grounds, never stepping back to surrender individual spirit in favour of power, and taking things with such a direct pace...all while staying cheerful and never stressed. I wish she uses that spirit to make a partnership with us, lest she fall into the hands of Black Mesa's *inappropriate slandering*...*cough, cough* ...pardon me, where was - ahh, yes.

Everyone says she might try and pursue some massive transformation process to further her own power. I could approve, UNLESS it involves turning into these harpie-things I've seen in some Do-Van-Kin game. If that so happens I will make sure over my dead body that I'll take your crony arse down to ANDROID HELL -

*PR manager whispers in Cave's ear*

- I stand corrected. In her land the transformation doesn't make the user turn into...those things. In that case, let me know if you need some Metaporphisis Stimulants (Aperture Product #P00T1S) to help that out. (We take no liability for any side effects that may result.)

They also say she has quite a few...followers, but not the religious kind. I already went to detail about those way back when, so I won't repeat that now. What I do mean by that is that these followers of sorts have some romantic attachment to her. Now, according to tests we have done this usually means one of five things (Test #2845: Multiple Partnership Test of 1961):
 - The main person is a cheating bastard
 - " " " has magnets
 - " " " is really Octopus Cave attempting to get more victims for his tentacle science (oh god no D:)
 - The followers are blind mice or monks
 - In rare cases, the followers are something Caroline calls "options", which is something from those space shooters she plays

But in our case here, we haven't seen any of these happening! In fact the official statements by all parties involved have not made any comments about this. So it can be concluded that all accusations of partnerships and devotees is for now null, and that all those reports were probably from tabloids published by silly mountain birds.

Well I will conclude by awarding her the "Legion d'Aperture Award For Individual Excellence"...if such a thing existed. Sorry, we had to cancel that five years ago due to budget problems - and because the accountants found out I used their computers to make those trophies (though they 100% deserve it). I'll make it up to you later, or Caroline will.

Cave Johnson, we're done - *cough* *wheeze* Caroline, please give me more pain pills. *cough* ...oh, I forgot I was talking to someone here! Very well....

Doctor, should your analysis prove ineffective for the accountants, I will make sure you psycho-analyse each and every single one of them for deficiencies in their commitment to real science. Don't worry, I'll help provide for the costs with the Third Eye Augment (Aperture Product #54T0R1, currently undergoing licensing negotiations with *classified*), which should open their thoughts without any effort.

...okay, now I am done here.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:40:39 AM by ◯바클리 Slamjam Inspection »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 04:28:40 AM »
Spam the psychiatrist!

Well, let's see....probably Youmu, since I tend to like characters who are fairly serious and determined. Plenty of tsukkomi potential there. Not to mention she's fairly level for being a servant to such an airy boss.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:30:13 AM by qMyon »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 05:04:34 AM »
She likes trains.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

JT

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »
What can I say Doc, I'm a simple man. I like long hair, curves, and penis I MEAN COCK! I MEAN ERECTION! I MEAN MY MOM'S PENIS! I MEAN I WANT TO FUCK MY MOM! I MEAN SKIRTS. I like skirts.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 06:27:06 AM »
She is (like) goddess, she is clever, she is beautiful, she is powerful,
she likes trains
and she is just good.

Spam the psychiatrist!

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

pineyappled

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:35 AM »
Because/

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 06:45:02 AM »
I love Alice Margatroid because of a dream I had. I think the dream is on this page http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13774.50.html and is reply #99. the date of the dream was 25.10.12. Alice Margatroid is my favourite character because we kind of fell in love.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!