Author Topic: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 29  (Read 71942 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 29
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
//Ah, okay, I think I made some incorrect assumptions. Apologies. :V Well, I also want to know for sure if people remember us, and if we have to prepare the spells one at a time, then I would rather manifest now and find out without using resources than wait for the first spell to be cast before using resources later to find out.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:36:54 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2017, 02:47:57 PM »
//Alternatively we could copy Furi's power, use it to reset to a certain point before Rin erased us with our memories intact (We really don't know why we shouldn't be able to, so the power would work.), then we immediately discard the power since it's too dangerous and continue to keep it a secret. Then we can try again with Rin and get back on the right path.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »
//That could work, sure.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »
//That could work, sure.
//Wow, never in a million years did I expect you to say that. XD

//Also what do you think regarding that, Raf and Tashi? It's a viable solution.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #364 on: March 19, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
If Daiyousei's mind doesn't go complete logic, then it should yeah.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »
//I am more open-minded than my self-centered stubborn personality lets on. :V

//I'm admittedly not positive it will do what you want it to do. But I don't see any downside to trying it, so I think it's worth a shot. At worst, it'll fail unceremoniously and that'll be that.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
If Daiyousei's mind doesn't go complete logic, then it should yeah.
//I'm admittedly not positive it will do what you want it to do. But I don't see any downside to trying it, so I think it's worth a shot. At worst, it'll fail unceremoniously and that'll be that.
//I mean really the only obstacle to the plan that I see is that we still don't know if knowing how the power itself works will effect it (Which is one of the reasons we never told Furi the details of her power, we could also probably find out for sure with a miracle anyway), but if it does fail because of that, it can be easily fixed with a selective memory-wiping miracle (which in theory should take negligible amounts of faith, with or without preparation) that gets rid of just enough details about it to make it work.

//Anyway, I'll let the current miracle(s) complete before attempting that path, unless you all think we should try it now.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
//Well, we would need to get miracle powers back before enacting any plans that depend on miracles. That probably will not be as easy as marching up to Gasanae and asking if we can copy miracle magics again, given recent Sanae/Kogasa social standings.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »
//Well, we would need to get miracle powers back before enacting any plans that depend on miracles. That probably will not be as easy as marching up to Gasanae and asking if we can copy miracle magics again, given recent Sanae/Kogasa social standings.
//Did something happen in the week I was gone that I wasn't told about...? I don't ever recall having our Miracle magic removed, and I swear we've done a few miracles since I returned.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »
//Just to make sure what I think is right: All the Dais in Gensokyo disappeared, right?
//Another thing! How do Fooly-Cooly powers work exactly? I didn't paid so much attention when the parser explained them... five parts ago? I don't remember :V.

//I highly doubt that such an OP power will work without any consequences. We can still try, however.
My main concern right now is that Rin probably is one with us now. I have this idea because I remember the last ascension, where all the Dais disappeared suddenly, even the Outside World ones. This theory flaws, given that all of them didn't disappeared this time.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
> You reassess your abilities and powers.
> You just have your normal magic. Warping and your growth and care.
> Your faith is... still rising.
>_

//The implication I got here is that all previously-absorbed magic is gone. No miracles, no time stops, no bubbles, no lights, no animal parts, nothing. (This would even seem to include the growth magic that started all this chicanery, but that's easy enough to check.)

//It is curious that we would lose everything, given Prime died at least once after beginning magic absorptions, and is something I want to look into ASAP. But in the meantime, we have to work with what we're given.

//Edit: I don't think Rin is one with us given the response to trying to remember her (and the fact that we self-identified as just 'Daiyousei'). The locator spell would confirm this, though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:39:45 PM by Kilgamayan »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2017, 03:42:22 PM »
//Maybe Rin and that Manifestation of Prime merged into one person ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2017, 03:44:31 PM »
//Another thing! How do Fooly-Cooly powers work exactly? I didn't paid so much attention when the parser explained them... five parts ago? I don't remember :V.
//Kuri helps people forget things by calming them (a much more subtle version of Rin's ability)

//Furi is probably the most overpowered fairy in Gensokyo, even moreso than us, and she doesn't even know it. Her power lets her do literally anything she sets her mind to, even if it defies physics, as long as she doesn't know why she shouldn't be able to do it.
//Part of the reason I'm keeping an eye on her in particular is in case that power falls into the wrong hands or she somehow discovers the limitless possibilities her powers hold and needs someone to teach her how to use it responsibly.

//Also FWIW, we could also take the more difficult route and just manipulate Furi into doing it directly (maybe using F commands), though we would have to either wipe her memory or keep a closer eye on her afterwards.

//We could also stealth-yoink it from Gasanae if we really wanted to. It's not like she'll remember it if the plan works.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »
//@Kilga: You do realize if our miracles have indeed been removed, the locator spell won't even work, correct? We can only make blessings with pure faith, not miracles, and it's been established a long time ago that we cannot bless ourselves.

//Anyway, with that in mind, we could still gamble on Furi, and then if that doesn't work (since we lack the miracles necessary to wipe our memory selectively) manipulate her into doing it on her own will.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2017, 03:57:50 PM »
//I have my reasons to think that Rin can feel somewhat jealous about us, besides all the fear, but jealous nonetheless. If this is true, then she would be more than pleased to know that she can do whatever we can do. This can lead to my next point...

If our other powers are gone for real too, Rin might have them.
Plot Twist: Rin is the main antagonist of Daiyousei Quest.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »
//I remember us still being able to use faith to do miracle-ed things when our miracle magic was locked earlier, things that weren't blessings. If the locator work does indeed fail, though, then we can proceed immediately to attempting the "do people remember us" spell instead.

//Fake Edit: Rin having our magics is a possibility that occurred to me, but there's nothing to be done about it until we find her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
//We could also get around the power loss by somehow getting one of the Outside Quartet in and have them transfer all their magic to Prime. (I actually have a plan for that as well. It involves attempting to warp into Alt!Gensokyo (which shouldn't be blocked off) from our outside world, then warping to main Gensokyo.)

//Also out of curiosity, since she wasn't connected to the hive nor in Gensokyo:
-------------
SumiDai:
>Do we exist?

>Omni-observe the last known location of Furi and Kuri.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
//We could also rely on our close ones for help if we need to.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #378 on: March 19, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »
//Also! We should start asking to everyone who exactly is Rin Satsuki? (I have the slight thought that she erased the memories of her from everyone she met, but maybe...)

//Sorry parser if this is troublesome.

> Current census.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #379 on: March 19, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »
//We could also rely on our close ones for help if we need to.
//they won't remember us.

//also I have a theory that Rikako, of all people, will be one of the few people to actually remember us thanks to being perpetually behind her barriers lol.

//Also... just a thought... but in the event gambling on Furi fails on both methods... what if we blessed Gasanae with the knowledge of Rin Satsuki and Daiyousei and what happened to the latter...?

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
//Koishi did, that is a start, Rikako is also an possibility, Satori too, Yukari also,

//Also in the case she does have our abilities, she shouldn't know how to use it.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #381 on: March 19, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »
//Also in the case she does have our abilities, she shouldn't know how to use it.

//And why would she not know?
I wonder if she has our memories too...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #382 on: March 19, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
//Koishi did, that is a start, Rikako is also an possibility, Satori too, Yukari also,
//note how three of those people aren't close to us lol

//Anyway, I'm going to work soon. Probably won't matter since the parser seems to be busy today, but:

(Absent: ETA - 5 hours)

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #383 on: March 19, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »
//Rikako and Satori are actually kinda close, thanks to some events, and remember, Rikako said she wanted to start over and we agreed, and Rikadai was living happily with the crew over there.

//Yukari might not be close to us, but she does kinda like us iirc, plus i am pretty sure she would help deal with an possible threat to Gensokyo if need be.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #384 on: March 19, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »
//Sorry for double post.

//Also about the powers, warping itself needs practice and careful management as seen before, miracles also need faith most of the time, which we are not sure if she has that, and if she does have out memories, then she will know that we meant no harm to her and would even be willing to help her.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #385 on: March 19, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
//Y'all are psyching yourselves out with speculations. :V Let's gather information before worrying about some of this stuff.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #386 on: March 19, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »
//Yeah, we are flooiding this with conspirative theories :P

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #387 on: March 19, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »
//Quick post before the shift starts:

//I've been trying to suggest solutions at least lol

//Also I wanted to revise the ETA until I return due to an errand coming up. So:

(Absent: ETA- 5 and a half hours)

//From here until then, I won't be able to post. Though I can still read your discussions at break time

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2017, 09:26:34 PM »
//Well, I think we can go ahead and at least have this round of actions parsed. For ease of parser reference:

> Omni-observe Yamame and her group.

> Prepare a locator spell to find Rin Satsuki. If we are successful in doing so, assess how much faith it will require when it is ready.

---

>Prepare a miracle to see if anyone other than ourselves remembers us

> Do this only if it doesn't interfere with the spell being prepared to locate Rin Satsuki.

> If we cannot prepare the locator spell and the spell to check whether or not people remember us at the same time, then focus on the locator spell only, and instead manifest at the Hakurei Shrine, near Gasanae and the Reimu/Kasen fusion. Wave at them with a smile once we appear.

---

SumiDai:
>Do we exist?

>Omni-observe the last known location of Furi and Kuri.

---

> Current census.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2017, 09:29:26 PM »
//Seems good.

>Also, do our faith levels seem smaller than yesterday ?