Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275443 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Mima confirmed.

Goddammit, you almost gave me a heart attack!

Goddammit, you almost gave me a heart attack!
[Yeah, it looks so much like ZUN's style that I was only 99% sure it wasn't real until I saw it on Danbooru. That 1% chance nearly gave me an aneurysm.]

Come on, the zombie arms were a dead give-away weren't they?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Oh geez, people are seriously buying into the Mima theory? I mean, it's a valid theory for the first time since...well, ever, but someone "returning" could mean anything. I mean, did we all go gaga over someone being "revived" in UFO, thinking it's someone coming back from PC-98?

...Oh wait.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Oh geez, people are seriously buying into the Mima theory? I mean, it's a valid theory for the first time since...well, ever, but someone "returning" could mean anything. I mean, did we all go gaga over someone being "revived" in UFO, thinking it's someone coming back from PC-98?

...Oh wait.
Well, I explained pretty thoroughly why I personally buy the theory. I wouldn't bother with it if I didn't think it made sense.

I guess I am a newbie to the fandom though, I wasn't around when the demos of the other games came out or anything like that. I've only been into Touhou for about 6-7 months.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Well, I explained pretty thoroughly why I personally buy the theory. I wouldn't bother with it if I didn't think it made sense.

I guess I am a newbie to the fandom though, I wasn't around when the demos of the other games came out or anything like that. I've only been into Touhou for about 6-7 months.

In that case, you're probably not aware that we go through this MIMA MIMA MIMA every single time a new Touhou game is coming out. People concoct all kinds of elaborate theories as to why this time, definitely, Mima is coming back. The speculations run wild, and anyone who dares to point out that Mima's return is highly unlikely gets shouted down by the chorus of the most vocal Mima fans. And so people get a little tired of it after a while.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

In that case, you're probably not aware that we go through this MIMA MIMA MIMA every single time a new Touhou game is coming out. People concoct all kinds of elaborate theories as to why this time, definitely, Mima is coming back. The speculations run wild, and anyone who dares to point out that Mima's return is highly unlikely gets shouted down by the chorus of the most vocal Mima fans. And so people get a little tired of it after a while.
Yeah, I knew about that from reading through topics here. I tried to distance myself from that and explain it as logically as possible, but oh well. I guess I should not try that again.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I love fan theory. I'm just providing context is all.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

I don't think the Mima thing was that big in UFO, as it was more about YUMEMI YUMEMI STRAWBERRIES.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
There was something here once. Wonder what...

CK Crash

• boozer
HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT GETTING IT MIMA IS ALREADY IN THE GAME
no i thought that was the vengeful ghost of orange whom was brutally murdered by both reimu and marisa you are so wrong

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
What are you talking about man that is so totally Nue  :V
I joke.

THESE ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

also if it turns out to become a real character like nue then that person shall become mima

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
So I nearly 1CCed Normal for this version. That good? Or not? I know it's supposed to be "easier" or something.

And 37,000,000 is okay? Yes? No?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Whoa, and I thought the US was fast with merchandising. Do want :3

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I'm still awaiting a Thriller spoof with her.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Not that one xD

Anyway, I just did a sketch of Yoshi. :P

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
What is so special about mima anyway that half the fan base goes berserk mode over her return.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Not that one xD

Well I still await a Yoshika version of Heartful Necromancer :V

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
What is so special about mima anyway that half the fan base goes berserk mode over her return.

IT'S F*CKING MIMA!!!!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
To answer seriously, basically Mima is cool for the same reasons Marisa is, except she replaces petty theft with outright villainy. She's basically a stereotypical cackling witch, which is pretty hilarious. She also stands out by being one of the more mature characters in terms of (apparent) age.

I also like Mima for having an interesting relationship with Reimu. As the PC-98 series went on they were increasingly close with each other, although they still technically had reasons to be enemies. It's a bit more involved than how most Windows antagonists simply became acquaintances once defeated.

I like to imagine that once Reimu introduced the spellcard rules, Mima was like "fuck this casual shit, call me when we're playing for real" and left. :V

Although, I'm not sure I'd be as excited about her return as other Mima fans would. While it'd be interesting to see what Mima has been up to all this time, I worry that if she came back in any active capacity Marisa would have to go back to living in her shadow. Some people, myself included, feel that Marisa was meant to become the new Mima, although she's still a long way from that, I think.

Mima off doing things by herself would be great though, I'd love to see her start shit with Yukari or Byakuren or something (despite probably being woefully underpowered compared to them by now), or team up with Yuka again to go trolling everyone.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
By the way, is the full version gonna be released in Reitasai? Or maybe ZUN'll delay it to Comiket?
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
By the way, is the full version gonna be released in Reitasai? Or maybe ZUN'll delay it to Comiket?

ZUN's selling the demo in Reitaisai where proceeds go to charity for the tsunamia and earthquake hits and etc. Game will be released in Comiket I reckon.

Also, in all honesty, if Mima DOES return, I'll actually be happy, because returning characters are quite a refresher, and I'm just curious as to how Mima's spellcards are gonna be, and moreso, her dialogue with Reimu and Marisa when they find her (probably with Yuka and Alice going, "Remember me?").

Mima is good because she lost to Reimu and then she went LOLITROLLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6t5PO8ZVps

This fits so well it's scary.

I just wanted to post to reiterate that this is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Indeed it is :o holy shit
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .