Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275439 times)

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Again, I refer to her dialogs in both UFO and 10D. Especially 10D. Look at the way she talks to human opponents, as opposed to youkai.

The fact is, Sanae and Reimu have two very different POVs about youkai. I was maybe glib in calling Sanae racist, but I do think she's kinda zealous and wet behind the ears.
Naive and inexperienced yes, but I think her main problem is she doesn't understand humans in Gensoukyo, not that she's overly harsh to youkai.

Also she doesn't fight any humans in those games.  You'll find her dialogue in 12.3 where she does fight both humans and youkai to be rather normal.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Naive and inexperienced yes, but I think her main problem is she doesn't understand humans in Gensoukyo, not that she's overly harsh to youkai.

Also she doesn't fight any humans in those games.  You'll find her dialogue in 12.3 where she does fight both humans and youkai to be rather normal.

Well, Youmu is at least half human (and half human ghost), and notice how her tone changes when she discovers Kyouko is youkai.

Interesting theory that she simply doesn't understand humans in Gensokyo. She's a character I have problems liking, in particular because of her dialog in UFO, which was so one-dimensional it surprised me with its zeal. Her enthusiasm for destroying youkai is unmatched, but again, I think after a period of adjustment she'll chill.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Skipping all pages because I was away for 3 days and can't give a damn.

This game is LOVE.

Sanae is really a good girl, and polite and awesome and LOVE.

Also:

[23:03]   YoseiOnmyoji   Yoshika: "It is all so that that person shall not be trampled upon by the temple's inhabitants again!"
[23:03]   YoseiOnmyoji   welp, the Myoren Temple was built on an Indian Graveyard
[23:04]   Mana   It's probably more 'The Myouren Temple LANDED on an Indian Graveyard'.
[23:06]   YoseiOnmyoji   so, you're saying, an UFO landed on a graveyard and the zombies rose up? So it's like, Touhou Plan 9 from Outer Makai, final boss is Lugosi B?la
[23:07]   YoseiOnmyoji   this is the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
Sanae is really a good girl, and polite and awesome and LOVE.
That's just further proof that Sanae was, is, and most likely always will be a racist.
/snickers

e2: Gotta go with Ammy with this one, Sanae really needs someone to teach her to chill out a little. Difference between her and Reimu are slight as far as I can tell though; I guess Reimu's simply more of a "nothing personal it's just my job" kind of person at best, while Sanae does it because she thinks that's what people do.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:43:01 PM by Kumime Ichirin »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

So, whats every player charas special abilities? Youmu was translated right as we saw her picture on ZUN's Blog, Reimu seems to auto-collect spirits in Trance mode but what else is there?
The wiki doesn't seem to say anything about it yet.

Bump.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
Is it just me or does the stage 3 theme sound very similar to a track on the second Strange and Bright Nature Deity CD called "In Regards to Fairy Brilliance"?

Not sure why ZUN would remix a theme of the Fairies into a cemetery stage theme. :V

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
Bump.
I was gonna bump the same thing. Has been asked multiple times but nobody answers  :(

Finally captured Miyako's final spell card.

Only to have the game crash because she tried to eat the souls in her death animation >.>

Tengukami

What do you guys mean by "special ability"? If you mean what I think you mean, it's all on the Wiki.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Yoshika's last card is a devil to capture. If you can't get to all the spirits, then you have to make sure you're hitting her constantly in order to stand a chance. If you let up for a second, show's over. The only one I haven't done it with yet is Youmu; her charge shot is a little tricky for me to use properly.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
What do you guys mean by "special ability"? If you mean what I think you mean, it's all on the Wiki.

They mean like in in, border team has a large deathbomb window, ghosts start stages with at least 1 bomb, sdm keeps a bomb on death (iirc), malice... Uhhh, bigger poc area? I forget.

Tengukami

Oh, that. Yeah, I guess that'll come with time. I asked very early on for a shot-strength analysis, which is still pending. I can wait.

Marisa gets to PoC on IN without having to focus at low power. Solo Alice, unlike other teams where both members have the team ability while solo, does not get this ability. But almost no one plays solo anyway, and definitely not with useless Alice.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
OH MY GAWD, LIEK, SOLID PROOF THAT MIMA'S IN 10D!

Ok, this was unecessary but you have to admit it's funny.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:09:42 AM by nekorandomnessqueen »
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
aaaaaaaaaaa

Diggin' the title theme, aggressive beat + drumset from DS = :geddan:

...that's not to mention the Stage 1 theme... gotta get loops of these for my iPod.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I really think this one has a good mix of different aspects of the previous games. Four characters and a shot type per each like in IN and MS, using focus for a different shot type, Youmu's charge attack, and collecting items for 1-ups directly dropped from fallen enemies and after spell cards for bosses instead of risking life and limb for a single UFO (oh the nightmares that gave me at times).

Yuyuko just showing up for kicks simply made my day. It's just her style to be around for a little bit of playful silliness, too. "Hi! I'm bored! Let's have some fun!" Kogasa's power to surprise people has reached meta levels twice now, and I don't mind her showing up. I'm far from the biggest Kogasa fan out there, but she's too durn cute for me to be upset.

I am leaning towards Yoshika as my favorite between her and Kyouko thus far. However, this is almost exclusively based on powers and appearance right now. Kyouko looks rather plain, Yoshika looks downright ridiculous. Being a bit scatterbrained (does she even have them left? Oh yuck bad thought) always amuses me too. Still, the characters are far from fully fleshed out in both canon and especially fanon yet.

I just don't have anything negative to say thus far. Glitches are there and I could argue that one of Kyoko's spell cards is a little too easy, but that's readily alleviated for a final version.
Stage 4 boss gimick: Reimu and Sanae face Myouren. Marisa and Youmu face Youki.
 :V
Considering how they're both pretty awesome, I approve.
OH MY GAWD, LIEK, SOLID PROOF THAT MIMA'S IN 10D!
From the wiki: Yuyuko - 何か、厄介な奴が復活しそうとか -  I wager some troublesome individual will make a return.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
From the wiki: Yuyuko - 何か、厄介な奴が復活しそうとか -  I wager some troublesome individual will make a return.

I wouldn't consider that solid proof, since there have been many, many troublesome individuals in the past, but there's a pretty good chance it's Mima. It could also be Shinki, for all I know.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I wouldn't consider that solid proof, since there have been many, many troublesome individuals in the past, but there's a pretty good chance it's Mima. It could also be Shinki, for all I know.
I know. I just love how a conspiracy theorist could extrapolate it directly to Mima, though. It's a wonderfully mischievous statement.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Even though I'm all up for Mima coming back, "making a return" doesn't necessarily mean that it's someone we know. Like Byakuren, it could be someone who was around in the past.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
I know. I just love how a conspiracy theorist could extrapolate it directly to Mima, though. It's a wonderfully mischievous statement.

ZUN loves to mess with the Mimafag's minds.  :3

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Hey, could just as well be that it's Sakuya, getting revenge for not being playable :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
So yeah, if there's going to be a huge rally somewhere demanding Mima's return, I'd be there, screaming like derp, but in no way will I take it against ZUN if he doesn't add her. After all, more room for new chars, right?

Still, Mima has the prettiest art in the PC-98 series, I'd love to see her Windows-style.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Tengukami

ZUN loves to mess with the Mimafag's minds.  :3

This right here is what I don't get. Do you really believe this?

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi

Not really, but the thought entertains me.  :3

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Myouren (As a ghost) is going to be the stage 5 boss.

The stage 6 boss is going to be some evil youkai (or maybe an evil human) he had to seal away.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,

zun is such a troll lol XDDDDDDDDD

Well, Youmu is at least half human (and half human ghost), and notice how her tone changes when she discovers Kyouko is youkai.

The part that gets me is how she apparently thinks "monk" and "youkai" are mutually exclusive despite like half the people she met in UFO being youkai and either a monk, a servant of a god, or a nun (arguably). She even says this at the temple where they all set up shop. This throws it more towards the unconsciously racist side; she has her idea of how youkai are and humans are, and she's sticking to it counterexamples be damned.

zephyredx

• Car = ma
Myouren (As a ghost) is going to be the stage 5 boss.

The stage 6 boss is going to be some evil youkai (or maybe an evil human) he had to seal away.

As much as I'd love to see Myouren, I'm afraid he is of the wrong gender. Perhaps he can pull an Unzan? But then he needs a hitbox...
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
As much as I'd love to see Myouren, I'm afraid he is of the wrong gender. Perhaps he can pull an Unzan? But then he needs a hitbox...
ZUN has said before that he intended to have Myouren be the final boss of 12, but he couldn't do that because he didn't want to break the tradition of girls as final bosses.

Meanwhile though we're headed into the graveyard behind the Myouren temple.

As said I doubt he'll be the final boss - but a stage 4/5 boss (or an extra boss) is not completely out of the question.