Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275439 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
How are you guys getting all of these bugs? I haven't come across a single one yet!

Also, anyone notice ZUN never redrew Kogasa? :P

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
You're missing the point. The bug makes it so you CAN'T scroll through the dialogue. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

He's not getting that this bug is not universal; some are experiencing it, some not. But if it can be duplicated - and it can be - then it most probably is a bug, and not just some issue some people are having because their machines are old.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
ZUN didn't redraw Sanae for SA either.

Anyway, the combined OST is several orders of magnitude better than the normal songs, it's probably intended for them to be combined...it makes me wonder if there's going to be some kind of alternate game mode where you get to listen to the full songs. (Probably not, though...)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
You're missing the point. The bug makes it so you CAN'T scroll through the dialogue. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

It's hard to understand when you haven't run into a bug at all.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Wow went to sleep last night and the next day I'm skimming through 8 more pages of 10D comments  :3 And hey, what do you guys think of this new group? http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=602549
We have the old maids, Team 9, and now this  :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Ahahaha that's a great group :V
                                                                                   .

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*

Tengukami

But you do realize that the people here, many of whom are talking about the exact same problems, are not imagining or inventing this bug, yes? Then there you go. Some people are experiencing the bug. Telling them "just press Z" is not going to help them.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
Again I will say it here.. the bug that does not allow you to skip dialogue, or use bombs as well, can happen if you play with any character, alt-tab, go back to menu and start again....

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Again I will say it here.. the bug that does not allow you to skip dialogue, or use bombs as well, can happen if you play with any character, alt-tab, go back to menu and start again....
Well, I can use bombs. The only problem is that I can't skip the dialogue (which doesn't really bother me at all).

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
At the people with said bug, have you tried pressing C? It's the ctrl-equivalent to speed through dialogue in this game.
(I'm not having the bug, so I don't know if it works, I'm just guessing options here)
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

Funny this is, while all my bombs work and I can skip dialog, C doesn't do anything for me at all. When I go into Options I see all these things you can do, but Shift, Z and X are the only buttons working for me. Am I missing something?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Ghost Lead.
ALL DAY ERRY DAY
Also
starting a petition to change the name of trance meter to the Orin meter.
It's BREAK METER for BREAK MODE, duh :V

Funny this is, while all my bombs work and I can skip dialog, C doesn't do anything for me at all. When I go into Options I see all these things you can do, but Shift, Z and X are the only buttons working for me. Am I missing something?
Do you have the meter full? Manually-activated Trances only work when the meter has all three flames lit up, unlike the ones activated on death.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Tengukami

Do you have the meter full? Manually-activated Trances only work when the meter has all three flames lit up, unlike the ones activated on death.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Ooooh! Thanks.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Holding down C will speed through the dialogue like Ctrl used to.

Um, I was thinking
Sanae: Could it be you're a youkai?
Kyouko: Wha?
Sanae: Oh, thank goodness. I was worried I was fighting a monk.
Yeah, because humans totally have ears like that. Way to go, Sanae.
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

That's just further proof that Sanae was, is, and most likely always will be a racist.

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
She's not racist, she's just not getting trapped by common sense!
:getdown:
<-- Sig by Suikama

7TC7

• In best company
So, whats every player charas special abilities? Youmu was translated right as we saw her picture on ZUN's Blog, Reimu seems to auto-collect spirits in Trance mode but what else is there?
The wiki doesn't seem to say anything about it yet.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Tengukami

She's not racist, she's just not getting trapped by common sense!

I get what you're referring to there, but let's look at this:

While Sanae is polite, if not friendly, with humans, youkai she looks down on with contempt, and takes any opportunity to destroy them. The dialogs from UFO and 10D underline her utter lack of regard for them.

Reimu, another shrine maiden but one with vastly more experience in Incident Solving, while believing that youkai need to be kept "in check" to protect humans, at the very least counts some youkai among her friends.

These two facts about these two shrine maidens leads me to believe that maybe Sanae just has a lot of growing up to do, and when she gets to Reimu's level of experience, she'll come to realize that humans and youkai are equally tiresome and troublesome.

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
Whoa, I didn't expect such an explanation in response to a joke. By the way, it's spot on IMO.
<-- Sig by Suikama

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Whoa, I didn't expect such an explanation in response to a joke. By the way, it's spot on IMO.
basically this
also if i see that mima one more fucking time i'll

also if i see that mima one more fucking time i'll
why dont you take a look in the mirror :smug:

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
why dont you take a look in the mirror :smug:
thatsthejoke.jpg
Wait nevermind you cant see ghosts in mirrors
silly suikama

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
While Sanae is polite, if not friendly, with humans, youkai she looks down on with contempt, and takes any opportunity to destroy them.
I think you're extrapolating from no data here.

The only humans Sanae meets regularly are Riemu and Marisa, and she's about as polite to them as she is to everyone else.

She talks about fighting and destruction a lot with youkai, but this is Gensoukyo, where Reimu has a friendly chat with the youkai she "exterminated" after all is said and done.

Until we see Sanae in non incident mode all we can accuse her of is being too in character.

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
I do wish ZUN uses the mixed songs in the final game, if only because they're so eargasmic.  Even if he doesn't, though, I'm sure that somewhere there's someone who would make a patch for it or something, no matter how many souls they would have to sell...

Tengukami

I think you're extrapolating from no data here.

The only humans Sanae meets regularly are Riemu and Marisa, and she's about as polite to them as she is to everyone else.

She talks about fighting and destruction a lot with youkai, but this is Gensoukyo, where Reimu has a friendly chat with the youkai she "exterminated" after all is said and done.

Until we see Sanae in non incident mode all we can accuse her of is being too in character.

Again, I refer to her dialogs in both UFO and 10D. Especially 10D. Look at the way she talks to human opponents, as opposed to youkai.

The fact is, Sanae and Reimu have two very different POVs about youkai. I was maybe glib in calling Sanae racist, but I do think she's kinda zealous and wet behind the ears.