Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 276331 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Kogasa surprised me.

Clearly she's learned a thing or two, then.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Seeing how the gameplay aspects has been more or less talked to death, how about we talk about what to expect for the remaining stages and bosses?

Since the stage 4 bosses of the previous games usually have some sort of gimmicks, I think this one will have one too.  From what I've seen, many people think that the boss will be different depending on the character played as, but I've only seen people suggesting returning characters like Youki, Mima, etc. as bosses.  How about we have original characters instead?  At the end of stage 4, you encounter four characters, but only one of them will fight you, and who it will be depends on which character you are playing as.

Another possible idea is to use the Mai and Yuki gimmick from Touhou 5.  Someone once mentioned the idea of a pair of twins based off a Shisa, stone lion-dog hybrids that guard building entrances.  They both will attack you together for the first part of the fight, and the second part of the fight depends on which of the twins you defeated first.  I'm also convinced that this stage's mid-boss will be someone like Kisume, Shizuha, Momiji, etc. in the way she has no dialogues and no spell cards unless you fight her on Hard and Lunatic difficulty settings, or maybe she'll have no spell cards at all (like Momiji).

I'm convinced that there will be  Phantasm stage due to there being Spell Card Practice.  I know Touhou 8 doesn't have a Phantasm stage despite having Spell Card Practice, but still, I'm really convinced that there will be one in this game.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Touhou Stage Progression:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Theories that Mima will return have also been done to death. :3

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Mimas going to be the stage 4 boss, the stage 5 boss, the stage 6 midboss and boss, and being the Extra Boss as well.

Also Wriggle for Phatasm boss. Come on, dont even lie to yourselves, you know its true.

What are you talking about, she's already in the game!

:derp:

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn

mmm dat conflicting artstyle
seriously who would'va bought this either

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai

That would have worked if the sprite wasn't just a smaller version of the cut in. :derp:

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
I said it before, I'll say it again: aheartfeltreunion.jpg
There was something here once. Wonder what...

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target

Well, at least it's better than-

I said it before, I'll say it again: aheartfeltreunion.jpg

:flamingv:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

For a moment i thought you hacked the game! :V
Cirno the Ice Fairy~

Drake

That would have worked if the sprite wasn't just a smaller version of the cut in. :derp:
ZUN does this though.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
Relative...

Huh? This guy made it private for some reason? hmm.....

anyway it's this http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19375163

and here too.. for the time being.. http://www.pixiv.net/tags.php?tag=%E9%AD%85%E9%AD%94&p=3
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:35:33 PM by Berzul »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU

It's too moe.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
ZUN does this though.
Not with emotion signs. Dead give away that it's a fake.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Then again, the obviously different shadowing is a pretty big clue as well.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
The art style is somewhat off too.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Not to mention colors, and that ZUN can -relatively- draw hands now.  :V

Maybe i'm slowpoke.jpg, but i noticed that if you kill the faeries that drop bomb parts fast enough in stage 2, you get extra faeries that drop life parts, so using your trance right there is superoptimal. Don't know if there anymore like this in stage 1 and 3. I -THINK- if you kill kogasa really quick, you get faeries that drop bombs and lives too.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Maybe i'm slowpoke.jpg, but i noticed that if you kill the faeries that drop bomb parts fast enough in stage 2, you get extra faeries that drop life parts, so using your trance right there is superoptimal. Don't know if there anymore like this in stage 1 and 3. I -THINK- if you kill kogasa really quick, you get faeries that drop bombs and lives too.
You actually don't need Trance to kill the Stage 2 fairies fast enough, unless you're at low Power or something. Stage 1 doesn't have any bomb/life part fairies, and yes, you do get four more of them if you kill Kogasa fast enough (this does take extra firepower like a bomb or Trance though).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
You know what? I've been thinking that if Youki DOES appear in the game, or in any other kind of cannon work, wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be a badass bishonnen like Rinnosuke (Though the latter's more of a smart bishonnen) rather than a baddas old man?  :V

There'd go all of the "Youki is Youmu's grandfather" theories.  :V

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
You know what? I've been thinking that if Youki DOES appear in the game, or in any other kind of cannon work, wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be a badass bishonnen like Rinnosuke (Though the latter's more of a smart bishonnen) rather than a baddas old man?  :V

There'd go all of the "Youki is Youmu's grandfather" theories.  :V
What would be funny if is he was turned into a loli, because of some spell of the final boss.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Tokiko is the EX boss.  :derp:

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
Tokiko is the EX boss.  :derp:
With a loli Kourin as the mid-boss? :3

I still believe the five magic stones are going to be the final boss.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
But isnt it like canon that the five magic stones are actually tsunderes? ZUN's not going to add them to the game for you after all, he just had time to kill and this was the only way he knew how! Stupid...

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
Nah, they'll be the final stage mid boss; they're loli-tastic creator will be the final boss.

Let's wait for the full version to see who's those pretty new characters.

Waiting for Stage 4,5,6,Ex boss
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
I'm still waiting for the EX boss to make a picture of all the EX bosses TH06 and up.  :3