Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 368559 times)

Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #990 on: December 30, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »
A bit of speculation, but considering  you can see Unzan in the intro cinematic, i think we can count on Shou, Byakuren, Miko, Futo, and probably Seiga to be in as well. You can pretty clearly see all them and Reimu in it. This does make me wonder if that would put a potential 12 characters in it (although 13 would make it match the game number and allow for a surprise. just saying) with 4 characters per faction: 4 for Shinto (Reimu, Marisa and prolly Sanae and one more) 4 for Buddhism (Ichirin, Byakuren, Shou, and prolly Mamizou), and 4 for Taoism (Miko, Futo, Seiga, and prolly Yoshika)

also: Crossing the screen in Marisa's Broom Charge is fun.
I thought it was established that Marisa fights on the humans' side rather than for Shintoism, which would "leave space" (there isn't a fixed limit anyway) for both Kanako and Suwako (who many people seem to forget about in this thread). I'm not quite sure if Mamizou is interested in religion, either, being more of a youkai representant than anything. Yoshika has no religious ambitions anyway (Seiga assist is likely, though), but we might hopefully see Tojiko, as character development is always a good thing.

Not quite sure how Kasen fits into this theme, but it'd be nice to see her appear in a game for once.

Spoiler:
aki sisters pls

Spoiler:
or orin koishi eiki keine mokou
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

« Reply #991 on: December 30, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
God Ichirin is fun to use.

« Reply #992 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
Does anyone know, how long it took the other fighting game demos to be available at Tasofro's website? Is it usually directly after the Comiket ends or is it put up just before the sales for the full game start?

Also, I agree with Limian's suggestion to put Eiki~sama in;
Quote from: touhouwiki.net
Story

In the wake of so many incidents beyond their control, the Human Village has fallen into a state of hopeless pessimism.[...]
the story's setting would warrant a good scolding quite well imo^^

B?t V?n Tử

• 天下第一妖怪 - Thi?n Hạ Đệ Nhất Y?u Qu?i
  • 謀事在人, 成事在天 - Mưu sự tại nh?n, th?nh sự tại thi?n
    • [LAME] - Final project in my HTML class - shamelessly stole from touhou wiki
« Reply #993 on: December 30, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
Ichirin's Last Word reminds me of Missing Power, so awesome. Ichirin is fun, and her combos are great but to initiate one is not that easy, i prefer Reimu over that (her light attacks are fast). Love Unzan's Double Rocket Punch, beat the crap out of AI with just that ^^

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #994 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »
Reimu teleporting through the floor of the Shrine entrance and throwing giant amulets at the screen, heck yeah  BV
She also has the Mario & Luigi technique of appearing on the opposite side of the screen without Yukari's help now, too.

Apparently, Ichirin is still kinda Unzan's hitbox. But her Goku-like battle entrances and her win animations are amazing to watch.

I'm still expecting that Cirno appears with a title like "Champion of the Fairies"
And Eiki is totally going to appear and yell at everyone for this.
I'm sure the artist would LOVE to draw her sprites  :V

« Reply #995 on: December 30, 2012, 10:25:51 PM »
The wonder that is how her hair went from Lavender to Cyan.

touhoucolors.jpg
she dyed it between games, duh. the real wonder is why marisa thought it would be a good idea to undo her braid

actual opinion summary: fun game, but not enough depth to it for a fighter. combos barely exist. blocking is op and matches become stallfests too easily. portraits are shitty but otherwise the presentation is pretty neat, especially the new character sprites. hopefully tasofro will get enough bitching about the demo to make the full version allow more aggressive playstyles and have actual variety in combos

anybody using the "ichirin is unzan's hitbox" meme can fight me, irl. as far as fighters are concerned unzan is ichirin's attack hitbox

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #996 on: December 30, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
No one pointed Marisa's Specials mechanic? Seriously? The whole "After 3 specials, the fourth becomes a better version"? Maybe I'm the only one who thought it was special :fail:

Anyway, remember how I was the one that said ''Eh, the movements don't look smooth'' and ''Eh, seems slow and stuff.'' Yeah nevermind, this game is absolutely epic in many many ways.

Speaking of Ichirin, I actually think she lost her hitbox tag, at least to me. New epic costume, new hair color (Prettier~), most of her moves involve Unzan appearing to assist, but she can also attack using her fists if Unzan was used in a special right before. Even more badass is her ''I PUNCH DAH GROUND! *Gigantic fist appears from heaven to crush the opponent*''.

That attack is so amazing, there's no words.

« Reply #997 on: December 30, 2012, 10:52:58 PM »
I think I also got a better appreciation for Ichirin after this demo.  Awesome attacks and a wicked new costume.  I'm not that good at playing as her, but she's definitely one I'd love to practice and learn.

« Reply #998 on: December 30, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »
She also has the Mario & Luigi technique of appearing on the opposite side of the screen without Yukari's help now, too.

She had that ability in Imperishable Night as a boss. It's more shown in her spell cards and their names than it's outright stated, but Reimu actually has some ability to manipulate boundaries without Yukari's help (presumably necessary in order to do her job in maintaining the Hakurei barrier).

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #999 on: December 31, 2012, 12:40:50 AM »
Am I to assume Aya's filming the fights?  Reimu's victory thing is throwing that one seal from Double Spoiler right?

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #1000 on: December 31, 2012, 12:48:49 AM »
Not really.
The talisman says something like 'Refusing Religion Recommendations'(宗教勧誘お断り!)

Marisa's Full-Speed Dash B attack should be made into a gif or something.
Signature

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1001 on: December 31, 2012, 12:49:20 AM »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."