Author Topic: Question for you young'uns (VN THREAD)  (Read 8521 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Question for you young'uns (VN THREAD)
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 03:24:06 AM »
You know, about Type-moon, I keep hearing good things about it, and nothing bad. But..I am turned off by it anyway. Because the nature of the good things sounds like it's from rabid teenage fanboys.

What is the target audience of type moon? Am I being unreasonable to assume that many of its fans are just highly vocal like..say..mima fans and/or unjustifiably numerous like naruto/bleach fans? I can't really specify exactly, but there's just SOMETHING about it that makes me think that the reason why people like it, are for reasons outside of my own reasons for liking what I like. I mean so many times I hear bull like "blah blah from type moon is such a badass cool guy, he's immortal and he can destroy the universe with the flick of his wrist and and.. HES SO COOL".. And I'm sitting there facepalming thinking "YOU SOUND SO STUPID".

I'm sorry if I offend anybody, I'm not saying any of you fit in that category, but honest to god, the only time I hear people say something about typemoon, is when it's in the context of some stupid testosterone-fanboisitic rant about badassery and coolness. BADASS is overrated, it doesn't impress me, I don't care about it. Is type moon worth giving a shot for me? Either way, I will try the other 2 I promised to first.

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 03:41:36 AM »
type moon sucks because nasu is a bad writer BV

But really it's success comes from the combination of badass girls, unique abilities, emotionally unpredictable endings, weirdass writing style, and how they stood out overall from other VNs at the times of thier release.

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 04:01:56 AM »
In other words their success comes from being random ?

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 04:14:51 AM »
In other words their success comes from being random ?
Not at all actually. Tsukihime and Fate both appeal to males and the previously mentioned combination of stuff hits all the right notes. Attractive women, powerful shounen manga like abilities, an unpredictable plot that keeps you locked in the story, and the fact that it stood out from many other VNs, all contributed greatly to it's success.