Author Topic: English patch for Boho Koumakyou - Scarlet Family [finished]  (Read 49881 times)

Re: English patch for Boho Koumakyou - Scarlet Family [ Need translators ]
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »
Added support for lowercase characters, comas, dots, and apostrophes.
I also copy-pasted the twilightsCall's menu translations, and did some modifications to match the new format. Here are some examples of the new format :

Code: [Select]
L"SLOT", NULL,
L"謎の四角い輪っか。宙に浮かびながら着いて来ま\nす。", L"A mysterious square loop. While floating in the air, you can put something inside.",

//Depending on how exactly your patch works, the second line here might prove problematic.
L"KEY", NULL,
L"魔カに満ちた鍵。どこかの扉を開けるためのもので\nす。", L"A key filled with magic power. It can open a door\nsomewhere.",
(Fore some reasons, I prefer if commented lines begins with // instead of 1 of more #)

You can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/43463638i27iq78/boho_patch_menu_translated.zip
I still need to fix some details about the characters (the ' should be 1 or 2 pixels on the right, some letters should take a bit more space), and I still didn't take care of placing the line endings correctly, but you can see the idea.
The lowercase characters are a bit compacted, but I find it nice. And it's convenient, we'll be able to put more text. But if you don't like it, I can add 1 pixel or 2 on each character's width.

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »
Applied the patch, and the text replacement only works if there is no item in the menu. In other words, I can only see the translation for "Take your time picking your equipment, okay?" and "Let's go". As long as I took the first cake from the chest, only the original Japanese text is shown(for everything in the menu), as if the patch didn't work. But as soon as I consume it, making me itemless, the English texts replacement works again. Loaded a full save file, all Japanese texts for items and menu.

Anyway, I found the texts to fit in quite nicely, looks neat.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 06:01:44 AM »
The problem is that it tries to translate every text on screen, without having a notion of lines.
For example, it have "CAKE_Sお茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少\nし回復します。", it see "CAKE_S" at the beginning, translate it, and tries whit what's after CAKE_S.
But when you have 1 item, a "1" is displayed aside of it. So, If you have 1 CAKE_S and 1 CAKE_L, my patch  will see for example "11CAKE_Sお茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少\nし回復します。". It doesn't know "11CAKE_S", so it doesn't translate it.
I didn't have this problem during my tests because I have an old bit of code somewhere to ignore every "3".

Fixed. I put 9 lines like this :
L"1", NULL,
at the end of the translations list, so when there will be one or more numbers at the beginning, it will ignore them.
Same link as above.

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 02:52:17 PM »
Found some typos:
  • KAWARIMI: The word "this" is missing, maybe due to the line spliting.
  • SLOT: Forgot to split the lines (Missing \n), I think you can place \n after "...in the air, you"
  • BOOTS: "equippd"
  • WING: The word "button" is slightly off the box. I personally am not bothered by it, but I thought I let you know. Lowercase "s" is used for "special button"
  • BOOSTER: Half of the letter "n" of "button" is offscreen. Uppercase "s" is used for "special button" here.
  • YUKKURI_R: Double "is"
  • RIBBON: I can barely see the ' . Maybe moving it 1 or 2 pixels to the right? (Personally don't mind).
  • The item name of the 4 coins is misaligned, e.g "COIN_1". The numbering is not align with the "_" . We can either ignore it or "fix" this by using the original "COZENY_1"? I'll let you decide.

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 09:18:07 PM »
Some remarks about the patching tool :
my purpose with this tool is to create something I'll be able to reuse easily for another patches. With this, there's probably a lot of games I'll be able to translate. So I already began to think about some details which aren't that useful for this patch, but which may help a lot on another (and eventually bigger) projects.

As part of this, there is the way we give the translations. For now, they are hardcoded in the DLL's source code. But this may not be the better solution. I think about 3 things :
  • Keep things like this.
  • Store the translations as resources.
  • Store the translations in some files aside the patch.

The 1st one is the easiest for me. But it makes translation updating more difficult, as the DLL must be recompiled each time. It's easy for me, but if, for example, TwilightsCall wants to change something, he (or she ?) have to ask me. He can't do it himself.

The 3rd one is the easiest for you. It's a bit harder for me, but only a bit.
With this, if TwilightsCall wants to update something, he only have to edit a text file. The main question here is : do we want to give all these files to the end user, like this ?

And the 2nd one is like the 3nd one, but the files are stored as resources. That means they will be included in the DLL. The difference with the 1st one is that I can easily make a small program to extract the resources, and another one to repack them.
With this, if TwilightsCall wants to update something, he will run the unpack program, then edit the corresponding text file, then run the repack program.

Each choice have its pros and cons.
Personally, I think the 2nd one it better (even if I prefer the 1st one because I'm lazy, but the others are easy to implement, so my laziness shouldn't be part of the choice). But, is giving the patch's files to the end user a bad thing ? If it isn't, the 3rd one will be easier for everyone.

On another note, I was thinking about how I'll put the intro into the patch. Giving an auto-center with it will really be better. So, as I'll do something special for some texts, I'll be able to do something special for any text. Therefore, I'll implement the feature that goes to the new line automatically.
I think the syntax will be for example like this :
L"#center", NULL,
(It will apply to all lines until a #none is found)
But this may change depending of the choice above (in fact, if we quit the 1st choice, all files' syntax will change. But making a program that will automatically change the syntax will be really easy).

To Heartnet :
Thanks for making the list before I made it.
Some of them are minor typos, which I will fix someday (probably with the next patch's version).
Some of them are related to the end of lines. I'll ignore them, because they should solve themselves when I'll generate end of lines automatically.
And for the coins : I can easily fix it. Each character is associated with a shift on the Y axis. For example, this shift is set at 1 px for 'A', and at 6 px for 'm'. This shift determines the letters alignment.
And currently, for '1', this shift is set at -1 (which means "calculate it when you see it in a sentence", but as it never appears in a sentence, it will never be calculated). But it's really easy to change. A value between 1 and 3 should be fine.

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
I made the automatic generation of end of lines.
****************** Technical note ******************
Somewhere in the translations, you can add a line like this :
L"#left;275;615;20", NULL,
#left means align to left. The 1st number indicates where to put the text. The 2nd one indicated where a line ends. The 3rd one indicates a line's height.
If you put this line, it will apply to each following lines.
To stop this, use the following line :
L"#none", NULL,

A small note about this algorithm and the end of lines.
I recall, without the end of lines generation, a line should be like this :
L"お茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少し回復します。", L"A small cake for teatime. If you eat it your life will recover slightly.",
With the end of lines generation, it now should be like this :
L"お茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少\nし回復します。", L"A small cake for teatime. If you eat it your life will\nrecover slightly.",
In the japanese part, putting the end of lines manually is useless but harmless. In the english part, both generated end of lines and manual end of lines will be used, so you should avoid this.
When the end of lines generation isn't active (because of a #none, or because there isn't any #left before), the 1st way of specifying end of lines still works.
****************** Short version ******************
You don't need to take care about splitting lines, my patch can do it now.

Here is the new version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/43463638i27iq78/boho_patch_menu_translated.zip
I also fixed everything Heartnet reported except the problem with the apostrophe. And I didn't reimplemented the logging interface yet (so if you want to do a playthrough, please keep using the old patch for now).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:18:14 PM by brliron »

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 09:23:17 PM »
I fixed the small problem with the apostrophe. But, more important, I adapted the logging system to the last changes. So now, you can use it for a playthrough.
This version no longer broke something from the old one (I hope), so the old one is now useless. So I go back to the old link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1898523b1zqaiuk/boho_patch.zip (I'll probably break the link I gave in my last post soon).
Now, I'll do the center algorithm. It should be easy.

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
Another version. List of updates :
  • It is possible to center the text.
  • I added the translations for the intro.
  • The text is displayed progressively (like the japanese one).
  • The logging interface no longer displays the known texts.
On the technical side, I finished most of the things I wanted to do. I'm happy.
To download it, it's the same link as above.

Re: English patch for Boho Koumakyou - Scarlet Family
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
In the game, the texts seems to appear randomly. Therefore, when this translation project will be finished, we may not have seen some texts.
For this reason, from the beginning, I was thinking about asking to the end user to send us the files the patch creates, if the patch creates some files.
I also thought about putting these files automatically into a zip archive, so that it is easier for the end user (he only have 1 file to send us).

I'm working on implementing this.
For now, some parts of this doesn't work, some others aren't implemented yet... One of the only things working is the popup asking the user for the zip archive. So I post it here, please tell me if there is some errors.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/42/1413231087-boho-patch-archive-popup.png

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 10:15:44 PM »
Some notes on my progress :
If you don't want to read a wall of text about me complaining on Windows, here is the short version : now, I should be able to create zip files.

Now, the long version (warning : the beginning is easy to understand, but it becomes more and more technical further) :
Windows has a native support of zip files. You probably know it, when you double-click on a zip file within the windows explorer, it opens it. You can also extract files and compress them with a drag and drop.
It is possible to use this functionality inside a program, but here, the Microsoft documentation is really poor. I don't think I already see a page in the Microsoft documentation talking about zip files. And when I search on Google, most answers says to use zlib. But I don't want to use zlib ! Why should I use a 3rd party library to do something Windows can do ?

First, I tried to use SHFileOperation. It's a Windows function allowing to do file operations (copy, move, rename and delete) through Windows explorer (through the shell actually, but Windows explorer also uses the shell for all its functions). The Windows' shell treats zip files as folders. And I already made some decompression using the shell before. But I never tried compressing files using the shell interface before. I tried yesterday, and it gives me strange errors. For example, it says the file I try to copy (42 bytes) is too big for the destination's filesystem.
So I made some more research on Google. I found a post saying compression with SHFileOperation isn't supported, saying I should use CoCreateInstance to create a shell object.

I decided to try using CoCreateInstance. 1st problem : I compile my DLLs with MinGW (a C / C++ compiler, whose syntax is near of gcc's one). But it seems MinGW has a really poor support of COM. And I don't want to port all my code to Visual Studio. So I had to look into Visual Studio's headers to find the definitions I needed, and copy them into my source code.
Another problem : CoCreateInstance can create lots of different objects. I want a shell object. So I have to specify to CoCreateInstance I want a shell object. I do this by giving CLSID_Shell as its first parameter. But, as I said, MinGW has a really poor support of COM. So it doesn't know CLSID_Shell. And here, the Microsoft documentation disappointed me : it contains absolutely nothing about CLSID_Shell. And there isn't that many examples on Google.
Finally, I run a small example on Visual Studio, and I examined it with the debugger to find what's behind CLSID_Shell. It's this : {13709620-C279-11CE-A49E-444553540000}.

Well, after some hours of searching, I have finally been able to put my file.txt into my archive.zip. It's time to sleep, now.

Edit :
Why should I use a 3rd party library to do something Windows can do ?
Well, I think I found an answer. That's because Windows' support of zip files is poorly designed.

It managed to make something working in a standalone example, but when I tried to insert it into the game, it didn't work. Not a problem for now, Things never works on the first try. But this thing's documentation doesn't say anything about error managing, so I can't find what doesn't work. I can only try some random things, hoping to make it work with some luck.
Therefore, I seriously think about switching to zilb. I'll try 1 or 2 more things, and if it doesn't work, I'll use the zlib.

Edit 2 :
It didn't work. I'll learn to use the zlib.

Edit 3 :
zlib if for compressing a single file. I'll use libarchive.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:04:59 AM by brliron »

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 06:29:40 AM »
New version (it took more time than usually, but as I tried to explain in my complaint just above, it was harder than I thought).
So, now, when the game creates a new file, it will store it into an archive (in tar format, it is not really common on windows, but it is easier for me, and it can still be opened with winrar or 7zip).
At the end of the game, it will finalize the archive and display a popup to warn the user about this archive, asking him to send me this archive.
Here is the new version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1898523b1zqaiuk/boho_patch.zip

On the technical side, I only need to fix a small bug, so I'll have more time soon. Therefore, I'd like recall the question here, as I didn't have any answer. What do you thing about it ?

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2014, 07:45:18 AM »
New version of the patch : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1898523b1zqaiuk/boho_patch.zip
And with this version, I think the technical part is finished (except concerning the question here, but as I didn't have any answer, I won't do anything for now. And the patch works without is, it's only something to help making patches).

What's new in this one :
I fixed a bug. Maybe you noticed the texts were always on top of everything. For example, when you open the map in the pause menu, the number of items you have is displayed above the map.
This was a quick workaround for a bug (my patch used to make the game crash when I display the texts correctly). I won't explain the reason of the bug nor how I fixed it because it's technical and related to the internal structure of my patch.

Also, while testing if this bug is also fixed for boho koumakyou 2, I noticed a new bug in the text replacing : when it tries to translate an unknown character, it crashes (of course, I have more precise details than "it crashes", but I don't think you care about these details).
I fixed this bug too.

If you see some others bugs, please report them here.

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 01:30:08 AM »
I found a typo in the intro for one of Sakuya's lines.

Sakuya: (she reall is something?!)

*really

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 09:21:05 PM »
a000 : Thanks. I fixed this in my files, and I'll upload it the next time I have some bigger update to upload.

Everyone (specially Heartnet, or TwilightsCall) : someone sent me some new files by mail some days ago. And he found a lot of untranslated texts.
Here are the corresponding kanjis to transcribe : http://www.mediafire.com/download/13l9oei8jv5jkw8/characters_2.zip (note for TwilightsCall, or for someone else who would like to do this : I explain what to do with these files in the original post, on the top of the 1st page).
I'll give the corresponding dialog files when these characters will be transcribed.

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2014, 11:38:02 PM »
Done, see attachment below.

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
Thank you. I like when things goes quickly like this.
Here are the corresponding dialog files :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oxixmvb3tjltodc/mail1_-_dialogs_001_-_jp_sentences.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s0sjpmm0es6qw3u/mail1_-_dialogs_002_-_jp_sentences.txt

And also, a new version of the patch, with the characters you transcribed (and with the typo a000 noticed fixed) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1898523b1zqaiuk/boho_patch.zip

Edit :
I forgot to mention it, but the new version also fix a small bug (in the new line splitting algorithm, I forgot to make the game save the unknown characters in the archive. I am still able to get them as I put as much infos as possible in the dialogs.txt, but it is easier if I already have these character in bmp format).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:41:50 PM by brliron »

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
I put the shop name translations into the game. Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414957919-boho1-shops-sdm-long.png
But "Scarlet Devil Mansion Area Branch" is a bit too long. I think I'll use "SDM Area Branch" instead. Here it is : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414957921-boho1-shops-sdm-short.png
To have it in game, put the following file in the game's directory : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414958329-menu.png

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 08:24:42 PM »
Some days ago, I fixed a bug making the game crash when you change the keymap, but I forgot to post the new version.
Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1898523b1zqaiuk/boho_patch.zip

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 06:46:12 AM »
復活!!!

Currently attempting to discern the best way to proceed.  My guess is it'll only take one or two more sittings to finish what's left, so if I can get my lazy ass to keep working, I can probably finish the remainder of what I have in one or two weekends.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:06:42 PM by TwilightsCall »

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »
Thank you ! I'll take care of these soon.

On my side, I wanted to run the patch on a computer with french locales some days ago, and I saw the patch doesn't work with non-japanese locales (I never tried before (I already had problems with locales on another translation patch, so I set my work computer locales to japanese), but when I think about it, I remember boho youyoumu doesn't work correctly with french locales).

So I worked on it today, and it's fixed (I won't detail how I fixed it (except if someone asks me), it's even more technical than usually).
Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1898523b1zqaiuk/boho_patch.zip

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 02:06:21 PM »
So I realized today while I was having dinner that I think I made a rather large mistake in the place names.  I've taken down the link for it for now, I'm going to get some review on it and repost it probably tomorrow.

So just fyi, if it takes any significant time to implement the place names, I'd hold off on it for a bit.

Also I suppose the mistakes were mirrored in the map text file, so I'll fix those as well.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »
Okay I fixed them.  Feel free to just delete the old versions.

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »
I implemented everything you translated.
I think there's a typo :
Entrance Level. The closest are to the mansion.
area, maybe ?

And concerning the levels names, I had some space problems. Firstly, I removed "North East" etc. And, I think about removing "Southern" from "Southern Smashing Magic Level" and "Southern Layered Magic Level", because these 2 takes a bit too much space. And I don't think the "Southern" is that important.
Here is the result with the "Southern" : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/03/1421256632-boho1-floor-names-long.png
And without it : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/03/1421256631-boho1-floor-names.png
What do you think about it ?

BTW, I changed the window's title (because my fix for the locales didn't fix this). I can easily make the kanji version work on a computer with european locales, but as it is a translation patch for non-japanese people, I thought a romaji version would be more adapted.

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:05 PM »
I think I agree, it does look better without it.

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 08:56:47 PM »
And concerning the typo ? (my english level isn't good enough to affirm this sentence isn't grammatically correct)
I think there's a typo :
Entrance Level. The closest are to the mansion.
area, maybe ?

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »
As part of this, there is the way we give the translations. For now, they are hardcoded in the DLL's source code. But this may not be the better solution. I think about 3 things :
1.Keep things like this.
2.Store the translations as resources.
3.Store the translations in some files aside the patch.

I'll add my input on this. I would suggest going with 3, but 2 is also good.

Step 2 is a bit more bothersome to end users, but not a big deal. The problem really lies in getting the correct unpacker and repacker if that ever gets changed. This step, unfortunately, may make some translators not want to start.

To do 3 correctly and with the least trouble, you would want to figure out a naming convention. Maybe <gamename>_translation folder or something like that.
Pattern this naming convention so that it is consistent with all your other translation projects for ease of use for yourself and for others.
This way, end users realize that these are translation files, so they can either edit or know not to accidentally touch.
They can also see their changes in somewhat real time, which is usually a good thing.

I would vote for step 3, since it makes the translating process the easiest. Anything that makes things easier for translators will give them more time translating and less time trying to figure out how to start the translation process.

The main question here is : do we want to give all these files to the end user, like this ?

I can't imagine that to be too much of an issue. But what files are we talking about?

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »
Oh yeah, you are a hundred percent right, that's just a typo.  "area" is correct.

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »
Thanks for your answer Starxsword.

It's clear that the 1st solution is the lazy solution, and isn't ideal.

Concerning the format in the 2nd solution, I can affirm it won't change : I intend to use a Microsoft's standard format called resource. This format is used in nearly every program, at least in each program with an icon (that means more than 99.999% of the existing programs). If the format changes, then all programs using resources will stop working correctly. That's why this format won't change.

The main thing discussed here can be seen by comparing, for example, the english patch for Touhou 12.3, and thcrap.
The english patch of Touhou 12.3 represents the 2nd solution, and thcrap represents the 3rd one. With the english patch for Touhou 12.3, we have a file called th123e.dat. This file is only a renamed zip file, and I know it wan't renamed for technical reasons. It was probably renamed to hide the patch's content to the end-user.
And, with thcrap, all the translations are in the folder thpatch in the thcrap's directory. And there's some technical stuff aside, too.

There's 2 questions behind this choice : what is easier for the translators ? And what is nicer for the end-users ?
Regarding the translators, the easier is the 3rd choice. But I may implement the 2nd AND the 3rd if necessary : it will try to open the translations as files, and if it can't, it will open them as resources (that means the translations are given twice). And in the release version, we won't send the files, so the engine will use the resource version. Another possibility, I can implement only the 2nd choice, but give to translators an easy tool to extract / repack the files.
And regarding the end-users... That's where we should make a choice. Personally, I think having these files like this may scare them. But you said it won't, and they even think of it as a good thing. If that's true, the 3rd choice will definitely be better. But I'd like to have some more points of view.

We started to discuss about this, so we should also discuss about the file format we'll use.
Concerning the pictures, we will use PNG. DirectX has a native support of PNGs, PNG is a standard and common format, it handles transparency, why should we use something else ?
For the translations, we'll probably use plain text (.txt) files. Because that's the easier to use from a C/C++ program. But there's different ways of arranging data in a text file.
For now, they are like this :
// Comment
L"#left;275;615;20", NULL,
L"ゆっくリ装備を選んでね!!", L"Take your time picking your equipment, okay?",
L"CAKE_S", NULL,
L"お茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少し回復します。", L"A small cake for teatime. If you eat it your life will recover slightly.",
The #left is used for text formatting (each following lines are aligned to left, 275 is the point where to put the text, 615 is the point where the line ends, and 20 is a line's size. The 2 last values are used for automatic end of lines). NULL means the text doesn't need to be translated.
Most parts of the syntax were chosen because my C++ compiler wants it like this. There is no such problem with text files.

I made some examples of possible syntax earlier :
## Comment
#left;275;615;20
ゆっくリ装備を選んでね!!
Take your time picking your equipment, okay?
CAKE_S

お茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少し回復します。
A small cake for teatime. If you eat it your life will recover slightly.
Or
## Comment
#left;275;615;20
ゆっくリ装備を選んでね!!=Take your time picking your equipment, okay?
CAKE_S
お茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少し回復します。=A small cake for teatime. If you eat it your life will recover slightly.

Any preference ? Or do you want to suggest something else ? As long as it covers every use case, the syntax is quite open (as I will need to write some code to parse it).

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2015, 03:42:57 AM »
And regarding the end-users... That's where we should make a choice. Personally, I think having these files like this may scare them. But you said it won't, and they even think of it as a good thing. If that's true, the 3rd choice will definitely be better. But I'd like to have some more points of view.

From my experience, That stuff doesn't bother me much as long as it doesn't clutter up the main folder with the game itself. If we look at most game files, there are all sorts of files that most users don't even know what they do. So, I believe this is more of an organization thing than having the translation files in the open. But other people can add their opinion on this.

@syntax: From looking at it, the third one probably makes most sense to translators. But it is unintuitive to think blank means to not translate. So, mix 3 and 1. So something like:
##comment
#left;275;615;20
ゆっくリ装備を選んでね!!=Take your time picking your equipment, okay?
CAKE_S=NULL
お茶の時間用の小さなケーキ。食ベると体カを少し回復します。=A small cake for teatime. If you eat it your life will recover slightly.

If that syntax style is not possible, then, just use the third one and tell people to not put anything.
That said, there is a glaring issue with the third one and that would be the special character =. If that is in the game, it will mess up the translation.
The syntax of the first one is nearly impossible for special characters to throw off. So, the first one is probably better, unless you have a way to handle the special character issue.