Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 174602 times)

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #720 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08:10 AM »
>Shiki: Seeing as how it already happened, that much is obvious.
>"I mean the overlay of this world onto that one. Do you really think that won't happen?"
>What is the policy regarding the affairs of other worlds? Are they generally left to themselves, or is interfering with the affairs of other worlds accepted?
>There is no policy for other worlds, as you recall. Clearly nobody ever expected this to happen.

>Shameless Self Insert: "Yeah, they're probably different."
>Assuming there aren't multiple Gensokyos, of course... oi vey, this is real, isn't it?
>"And uh... thanks for your generosity. I figured it would be easier to blame us for invading the Mansion uninvited, but... maybe I should be expecting that sort of assumption from Remi, huh?"
>"Remilia is more easily angered when she comes to this kind of thing. Don't let it bother you. She has a sense of entitlement to many things."
>"... speaking of which, could you come along and keep her and the fairy maids off my back while looking for the others? I'm not eager to get into a fight."
>"I suppose I could."
>If she's willing, head out and start searching the Mansion for the others. If Patchu doesn't have any suggestions, mmm... head for our fiction section first. Remilia might have wanted to see what she's like there...
>You head out through the door with Patchy in tow.

>Yuquirrhs: Greet Utsuho and the Yama with a wave!
>"Ah, welcome, Utsuho! We've been watching this other 'Ijiatsu' world getting overlaid with an alternate Gensokyo - it's very strange, really. There's a girl there that seems to be trying to figure out what's going on, but I guess we can't do much about it right now, can we?"
>If ratface left to find her friends, pout a bit. "Though I wish she hadn't just up and left on us..."
>Chernobyl Chickadee: Reveal your secrets!
>Define "secrets".
>Unyu in complete lack of understanding
>Unyu izu deis.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #721 on: November 06, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
>Shiki: And how exactly do you know that this is going to happen?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #722 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
>Shiki: And how exactly do you know that this is going to happen?
>"I've done some research and consulted my off-world sources."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #723 on: November 07, 2011, 12:27:34 AM »
>Narcissism: "Yeah, I figured that much of her..."
>Arrive at the fiction section and do a little searching. Call out for Sakana and Ruro regularly. Listen for any signs of fighting.

-----

>HIFAR Hawk: Inventory, relationships, skills, quests
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #724 on: November 07, 2011, 03:24:48 AM »
>Shiki: And what sources would those be?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #725 on: November 08, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »
>Narcissism: "Yeah, I figured that much of her..."
>"I suppose your fiction tells you that, too?"
>Arrive at the fiction section and do a little searching. Call out for Sakana and Ruro regularly. Listen for any signs of fighting.
>As you head over there, you find that the library is as navigable as it was before the overlay. Lucky that the mansion and library are similar in layout. Some faeries do try to start shooting at you, but Patchouli shoos them away.
>When you head over there, you find yourself facing a large bookshelf; thankfully, this is normal, and was in the library before the overlay. Obvious pathways are left, right, and backwards. General commands shall end now.

>HIFAR Hawk: Inventory, relationships, skills, quests
>Inventory
  >Clothes
    >These are your clothes.
  >Third Leg
    >An arm cannon, thankfully not an actual third leg, that you can charge in percentages. Higher percentages equal stronger attacks.
  >50☼
    >This is 50☼, the currency of Gensokyoans and dwarves.
  >Purse
   >A plain black purse. Well, where else would you hold money? Your outfit doesn't have pockets (though you wish it did).
>Relationships
  >Satori Komeiji
    >Your master. Somehow, through (in this parser's opinion) twisted Gensokyoan logic, you're her pet despite being sentient. She's more like a mother, though. A very close one, too, considering how she defended you while speaking to Koishi, or so you heard.
  >Rin Kaenbyou (Orin)
    >Your old, old friend, longer than since the Underground separated from Hell. She's like a sister, and even more so since Satori started taking care of you both.
  >Koishi Komeiji
    >Satori's sister, and your estranged 'aunt' of sorts. Koishi didn't explicitly forgive you for what went down at Gensokyo Isle, but hopefully her cooperation means she did. Did she?
>Skills
  >Flight
    >Unlike most other people, you have actual wings to fly with.
  >Manipulation of nuclear fusion
    >You can manipulate nuclei to fuse to form heavier nuclei, causing massive amounts of energy to be released. You're kinda glad you know how your power works, and that all that studying in Gensokyo Isle didn't go to total waste.
>Quests
  >What's going on, unyu?
    >Find out more about all the recent problems involving the Yama are.

>Shiki: And what sources would those be?
>"I am not at liberty to mention too many details about them. I can say that they are from other worlds like myself."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:30:44 AM by Eternal Meteor Kaiser Blitzer »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
>Ijimus: As a response before exploring, "Yeah, Remilia's usually portrayed as... kinda self-centered. But let's not give her any more reasons to shank me."
>Take a glance at the bookshelf's contents; just pick out a few titles and whether there's anything we're familiar with there.
>Call out, "Sakana? Ruro?"
>If there's no response, try going left. Patchu has our back for now... hopefully.

-----

>Olkiluoto Osprey: Isn't it sad, Parsee?
>Satori protected us while talking to Satori? Huh?
>What have we discovered so far?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
>Shiki: And what worlds would those be?
>I don't suppose Dominaria is one of them, is it?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #728 on: November 09, 2011, 10:15:52 AM »
>Ijimus: As a response before exploring, "Yeah, Remilia's usually portrayed as... kinda self-centered. But let's not give her any more reasons to shank me."
>"Mmhmm."
>Take a glance at the bookshelf's contents; just pick out a few titles and whether there's anything we're familiar with there.
>Call out, "Sakana? Ruro?"
>"Hello?"
>You think that's Esifex...
>Patchy says "Who is that?"

>Olkiluoto Osprey: Isn't it sad, Parsee?
>Relationships
  >Parsee Mizuhashi
    >Your girlfriend/lover. You got together in Gensokyo Isle, and are still together right now.
  >Yuugi Hoshiguma
    >Your girlfriend's other girlfriend. Maribel managed to make you and her get along, kinda, and both have Parsee. Things have been tense but non-violent since then.

>Satori protected us while talking to Satori? Huh?
>Description repaired.

>What have we discovered so far?
>You've heard that the Yama has been recently plagued with nightmares. You don't know much details otherwise.

>Shiki: And what worlds would those be?
>I don't suppose Dominaria is one of them, is it?
>"Nah. Dominaria isn't too advanced in technology."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #729 on: November 09, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »
>Shiki: Dominaria experienced an overlay in the past. It's only natural to think there might be information there. I've been considering going there to investigate.
>Technology? What manner of technology are you talking about?
>And you never did tell me which worlds your 'sources' are from. If there are other worlds that may have more information than Dominaria, they would be better places to look.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #730 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:49 AM »
>Fatmus: "Esi? Is that you?"
>How much have we spoken with Esifex?
>Head towards wherever we heard her voice.

-----

>Kanata Kiwi: "Other world? Huh? What's going on? I thought the Yama was just having nightmares?"

>Genevieve Glutton: Oh dear. Take a minute to fill her in, but keep half an eye on Rikako's device for whether that other girl shows up again.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #731 on: November 10, 2011, 03:30:54 AM »
>Shiki: Dominaria experienced an overlay in the past. It's only natural to think there might be information there. I've been considering going there to investigate.
>"Not really much helpful stuff about overlays at Dominaria, just about how it affected Dominarian history."
>Technology? What manner of technology are you talking about?
>"Stuff far, far more advanced that what exists on earth, even in the outside world."
>And you never did tell me which worlds your 'sources' are from. If there are other worlds that may have more information than Dominaria, they would be better places to look.
>"That's the point?to not tell you where my sources are from or where they are."

>Fatmus: "Esi? Is that you?"
>"Yes."
>How much have we spoken with Esifex?
>Not often.
>Head towards wherever we heard her voice.
>Unfortunately, since Esifex speaks telepathically, you can't really tell where she is.

>Kanata Kiwi: "Other world? Huh? What's going on? I thought the Yama was just having nightmares?"
>Genevieve Glutton: Oh dear. Take a minute to fill her in, but keep half an eye on Rikako's device for whether that other girl shows up again.
>You fill Okuu in about the other world and the overlay as well as you can.
>As Utsuho, as you listen, you are very compelled to deliver a very confused "Unyu?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #732 on: November 10, 2011, 04:43:56 AM »
>Shiki: Then you are willfully withholding information that may be necessary for us to do something you claim to want us to do. If that's all you have to say, then I see no reason to continue this conversation.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #733 on: November 10, 2011, 06:02:33 AM »
>Ijimus: Is Esi's telepathic communication usually selective? If so, then say to Patchouli - "You can hear her too, Patch...ouli?"
>Gotta try and be polite, whoops.
>"Where are you? And the others, for that matter. Want to make sure everyone's okay."

-----

>Yellowthroat Yayoi: Ohh... no, we're stronger than that! No unyuing. ...in public.
>"That's weird. Um, so you wanted me to help with making Yukari stronger?"
>Have we had any particularly unsavory experiences with Yukari or Yuyuko?

>Yuyuntalus: Nod. "Oh, yes. Or perhaps myself to look for that platform, if Yukari dear still has trouble."
>Hm, perhaps the girl in the other world could make it from her end? Hmm... but no, not the issue right now.
>To Yukari, "Shall we bring the others back? Or did they manage to find something of importance?"
>Give Eiki a sideways look. "... and are you alright, Yama? You've been quiet for a while."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2011, 06:10:15 AM »
>Shiki: "The voice decided to speak. It believes that the overlay we witnessed is just the start, and that our Gensokyo is going to experience one with that world. It claims it knows about overlays via sources from other, technologically advanced worlds. Incidentally, it refused to say anything at all besides that, which really makes it suspect that it truly wants us to stop the overlay, as if it did, it would not be withholding information that might help us do so."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #735 on: November 11, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »
>Shiki: Then you are willfully withholding information that may be necessary for us to do something you claim to want us to do. If that's all you have to say, then I see no reason to continue this conversation.
>"Nah, I don't really want you to stop the overlay because I don't think you can stop it in the first place. I only vaguely said something along the lines of 'Hey, handle all of your other stuff before you can meet me'."

>Ijimus: Is Esi's telepathic communication usually selective? If so, then say to Patchouli - "You can hear her too, Patch...ouli?"
>You don't really know, so you hold off on saying that.
>Gotta try and be polite, whoops.
>"Where are you? And the others, for that matter. Want to make sure everyone's okay."
>"I'm in the middle of this room, being stuck between four bookshelves. I don't know where anyone else is."

>Yellowthroat Yayoi: Ohh... no, we're stronger than that! No unyuing. ...in public.
>Well, you can at least try to keep it as low as you can...no, don't.
>"That's weird. Um, so you wanted me to help with making Yukari stronger?"
>Have we had any particularly unsavory experiences with Yukari or Yuyuko?
>You haven't.
>Yuyuntalus: Nod. "Oh, yes. Or perhaps myself to look for that platform, if Yukari dear still has trouble."
>Hm, perhaps the girl in the other world could make it from her end? Hmm... but no, not the issue right now.
>You don't know if she has the technology or abilities to do so, though...
>To Yukari, "Shall we bring the others back? Or did they manage to find something of importance?"
>"I don't think I'll bring them back yet. They haven't found out much."
>Give Eiki a sideways look. "... and are you alright, Yama? You've been quiet for a while."
>Shiki: "The voice decided to speak. It believes that the overlay we witnessed is just the start, and that our Gensokyo is going to experience one with that world. It claims it knows about overlays via sources from other, technologically advanced worlds. Incidentally, it refused to say anything at all besides that, which really makes it suspect that it truly wants us to stop the overlay, as if it did, it would not be withholding information that might help us do so."
>Yukari whispers "You meant 'wants us to not stop the overlay', right?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #736 on: November 12, 2011, 02:13:54 AM »
>Shiki: "Right. Sorry."
>"Incidentally, the voice just now said that it never wanted us to stop the overlay, just to finish with everything we had going on before it revealed itself to us. But seeing as how it specifically mentioned both the overlay and Koishi as conditions for meeting it, I'm not exactly inclined to accept this at face value."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #737 on: November 12, 2011, 03:35:56 AM »
>Shiki: "Right. Sorry."
>"Incidentally, the voice just now said that it never wanted us to stop the overlay, just to finish with everything we had going on before it revealed itself to us. But seeing as how it specifically mentioned both the overlay and Koishi as conditions for meeting it, I'm not exactly inclined to accept this at face value."
>"Eh, that was before I found out you couldn't stop the overlay."
>Yukari says "It's not as if you can accept anything it says at face value."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #738 on: November 12, 2011, 05:24:24 AM »
>Shiki: "Not everything it has said is a lie.'
>"Oh, and the voice is now claiming that it changed its mind after finding out that we can't stop the overlay. Although it remains silent on why it's so certain we cannot."
>Care to elaborate on that?
>If we indeed cannot stop the overlay, then what do your 'sources' say in regards to reversing it? Undoing it?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #739 on: November 13, 2011, 04:28:36 AM »
Bromachi and Lolitits: WE'RE DRUNBK, YOU DON'T HAVE AN EXCUSE

>Reyugiums: Frown a bit. "... Eiki, do be careful with that voice. Reimu was quite angry, and listening to it hasn't done you much good, has it?"
>Think. Clap hands cheerfully. "Oh! And whatever does it mean by 'we,' anyway?"

---

>Agamas Aggregate: Take a minute to think over things and growl a bit. >Finish tearing hair out in frustration.
>"Damnit all..."
>Did we ever ask Eirin about overlays? Review if we did, otherwise: "Another thing. That airheaded ghost's got it in her head to mess with a girl in some other world about some 'overlay' thing that voice in the Yama's head mentioned. Has something to do with a couple weird gaps showing up, and no, they're not Sukima's. You got anything to add to that? Or would the moon, for that matter?"

-----

>Not Naz: If the bookshelf in front of us isn't terribly unstable, lightly knock on it. "Behind this one?"
>How difficult would it be to move one of the bookshelves in our library? Is the one in front of us one from the SDM, the Iji library, or a fused one of both? Getting trapped between four would mean at least one being unique...
>To Patchouli, "Uh, Patchouli, how hard would it be to move one of these aside for a minute?"
>... huh, wonder how Sakuya's space manipulation is interacting with all of this. Oh dear, not looking forward to meeting her, either...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #740 on: November 13, 2011, 06:54:53 AM »
>Shiki: "Not everything it has said is a lie.'
>"I'm just saying to not trust it too much."

>"Oh, and the voice is now claiming that it changed its mind after finding out that we can't stop the overlay. Although it remains silent on why it's so certain we cannot."
>Care to elaborate on that?
>"I have a difficult time understanding it, myself..."

>If we indeed cannot stop the overlay, then what do your 'sources' say in regards to reversing it? Undoing it?
>"Nothing, yet. I'll ask them later."
>You hear Yuyuko speak to you:
>Reyugiums: Frown a bit. "... Eiki, do be careful with that voice. Reimu was quite angry, and listening to it hasn't done you much good, has it?"
>Think. Clap hands cheerfully. "Oh! And whatever does it mean by 'we,' anyway?"

>Agamas Aggregate: Take a minute to think over things and growl a bit. >Finish tearing hair out in frustration.
>"Damnit all..."
>Yukari whispers "I would advise you to not get too angry, but would that kind of advice help calm you down at all?At least try to inhale and exhale."
>Did we ever ask Eirin about overlays? Review if we did, otherwise: "Another thing. That airheaded ghost's got it in her head to mess with a girl in some other world about some 'overlay' thing that voice in the Yama's head mentioned. Has something to do with a couple weird gaps showing up, and no, they're not Sukima's. You got anything to add to that? Or would the moon, for that matter?"
>You have not.
>"I haven't heard of them. It sounds like an interesting phenomenon."

Bromachi and Lolitits: WE'RE DRUNBK, YOU DON'T HAVE AN EXCUSE
>Suika is always drunk, she doesn't have an excuse.[/i]

>Not Naz: If the bookshelf in front of us isn't terribly unstable, lightly knock on it. "Behind this one?"
>You consider this bookshelf sturdy, so you knock on it.
>"No, not this one. I'm further in, next to a bookshelf on the wall."

>How difficult would it be to move one of the bookshelves in our library? Is the one in front of us one from the SDM, the Iji library, or a fused one of both? Getting trapped between four would mean at least one being unique...
>These bookshelves are huge and nearly reach the ceiling, so it would be impossible without a large team of people. This particular bookshelf seems to be from your library.

>To Patchouli, "Uh, Patchouli, how hard would it be to move one of these aside for a minute?"
>"Difficult."

>... huh, wonder how Sakuya's space manipulation is interacting with all of this. Oh dear, not looking forward to meeting her, either...
>Hopefully Patchouli's presence might cause her to not attack you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #741 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:36 AM »
>Shiki: "I do not intend to take any action based on the voice's words without first consulting with Reimu, but no harm will come from hearing what it has to say."
>I would think you should ask your sources sooner rather than later.
>We've gotten through to Koishi, and you seem certain that preventing the overlay is not possible, so you've given up on that. So are you now willing to meet with us face-to-face?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #742 on: November 13, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »
>Gecko Gripper: "Yeah, and watching some weird place where Gensokyo is some sort of work of fiction getting dumped into some alternative Gensokyo is fascinating, especially when that seems to be exactly what that goddamn voice wants as the Yama goes right along with it."
>Rub forehead.
>"Look. You got anywhere we might be able to look up stuff about that at? The bookworm's only really got one thing about it and it's not very helpful."

-----

>Rodentius: In response to Patchouli, "Lovely."
>"There's a wall nearby too, Esi? Hang on, let's see if we can find you, at least. Let me know if I'm getting closer or not."
>If the bookcase in front of us nears a wall at one end, head there while humming loudly. Hmm hmm hmm. If there's no useful indication, try left as our first impulse suggested. Echolocate to find Esi's position!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #743 on: November 13, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »
>Shiki: "I do not intend to take any action based on the voice's words without first consulting with Reimu, but no harm will come from hearing what it has to say."
>I would think you should ask your sources sooner rather than later.
>"Right now I'm just observing your actions."

>We've gotten through to Koishi, and you seem certain that preventing the overlay is not possible, so you've given up on that. So are you now willing to meet with us face-to-face?
>"Yeah, I suppose. It would be rather anti-climatic, but I'm getting bored of watching you people and would rather move on to other things. Urgh."

>Gecko Gripper: "Yeah, and watching some weird place where Gensokyo is some sort of work of fiction getting dumped into some alternative Gensokyo is fascinating, especially when that seems to be exactly what that goddamn voice wants as the Yama goes right along with it."
>"That certainly does sounds interesting. But probably not to you."
>Rub forehead.
>"Look. You got anywhere we might be able to look up stuff about that at? The bookworm's only really got one thing about it and it's not very helpful."
>"I'm afraid not."

>Rodentius: In response to Patchouli, "Lovely."
>"If I weren't so sick, I might be able to barely do so."
>She coughs.
>"There's a wall nearby too, Esi? Hang on, let's see if we can find you, at least. Let me know if I'm getting closer or not."
>"Okay."
>If the bookcase in front of us nears a wall at one end, head there while humming loudly. Hmm hmm hmm. If there's no useful indication, try left as our first impulse suggested. Echolocate to find Esi's position!
>This particular bookcase is clearly not against the wall, so you and Patchy head left.
>You find the fiction section mostly untouched, except for a few new furnishings and two new bookshelves near the wall. And can you actually echolocate, or was that just a weird metaphor?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #744 on: November 14, 2011, 03:05:38 AM »
>Armpits: "It would be more useful if we could actually DO anything about it when I want this crazy Yama thing settled."
>Mutter. Sigh.
>... hmm. Would we be able to trust her with watching too, if she's that interested? We've already got quite a crowd, and it's not like it's useful at all...
>... wait. Huh. "How good are you with gadgets? That science heretic's been the one showing us what's going on with some gap viewing thing she happened to put together." A few more might be useful.
>... frown. It's rather convenient she made that, isn't it...

-----

>Fatmus: "Sick? Sicker than us... er, than the fanon stuff usually paints you as?"
>Another reason to rule out Purvisland, considering Kanako's blessings...
>And, weird metaphor. Call out to Esi regularly to work out her approximate location, assuming nothing terrible ambushes us in the meantime. Keep half an eye out for anything obviously multiple/alternate-world or overlay related in the book titles around.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #745 on: November 14, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »
>Shiki: Then let us make arrangements. Where shall we meet?
>"Yukari, give me a gap to talk to Reimu, please."
>Once the gap has formed: "Reimu, it's Shiki. The voice has been speaking to me again, telling me that this Gensokyo is also going to overlay with the other world and that we can't stop it. As such, it is no longer interested in waiting around for us to do something, and has just agreed to meet with us face-to-face. I wanted to tell you before going into any specifics about this meeting. Also, I wanted you involved in the discussion of these specifics. I will relay to you what the voice says."
>Reimu: "Yeah? And whatever happened to not doing what it wants?"
>Shiki: "We're not doing what it wants. We're simply going to hear what it has to say, and if we don't like it, we'll react appropriately. And yes, you can be the one to make that decision. I understand that my own judgement may be affected by all of this, so I will leave that to you."
>Reimu: ...
>"Fine, but that means no arguing with me."
>Shiki: "Agreed. If my opinion differs from yours, I will of course voice that difference, but that is all I will do, and afterwards, I will abide by your decision."
>Reimu: "Good enough. I have your word?"
>Shiki: "You have my word."
>Reimu: "If you're bullshitting me, I will kick your ass so hard you'll never put it back together."
>Shiki: "I will keep my word, Reimu."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #746 on: November 14, 2011, 04:09:02 AM »
>Armpits: "It would be more useful if we could actually DO anything about it when I want this crazy Yama thing settled."
>"So your efforts have been hopeless so far?"
>Yukari loudly says "Yes, and it's making her frustrated. Not that that's abnormal."
>Eirin frowns at Yukari's sudden speech.
>Mutter. Sigh.
>Ughhh.
>... hmm. Would we be able to trust her with watching too, if she's that interested? We've already got quite a crowd, and it's not like it's useful at all...
>She wouldn't act up or anything, if that's what you're thinking.
>... wait. Huh. "How good are you with gadgets? That science heretic's been the one showing us what's going on with some gap viewing thing she happened to put together." A few more might be useful.
>"I can use them well, but if I'm guessing what you're thinking correctly, the Lunarians have strict regulations on who they allow access to their technology."
>... frown. It's rather convenient she made that, isn't it...
>Something tells you this can't be a coincidence...

>Fatmus: "Sick? Sicker than us... er, than the fanon stuff usually paints you as?"
>"I wouldn't know."
>Another reason to rule out Purvisland, considering Kanako's blessings...
>Looks like this isn't Purvis's Gensokyo...
>And, weird metaphor. Call out to Esi regularly to work out her approximate location, assuming nothing terrible ambushes us in the meantime. Keep half an eye out for anything obviously multiple/alternate-world or overlay related in the book titles around.
>You call out to Esifex.
>"Go forward, then slightly to the left."

>Shiki: Then let us make arrangements. Where shall we meet?
>"Whenever you want, which includes right now, and on the glass platform you've been trying to reach. I can easily get you up there. Air won't be a problem."
>"Yukari, give me a gap to talk to Reimu, please."
>Once the gap has formed: "Reimu, it's Shiki. The voice has been speaking to me again, telling me that this Gensokyo is also going to overlay with the other world and that we can't stop it. As such, it is no longer interested in waiting around for us to do something, and has just agreed to meet with us face-to-face. I wanted to tell you before going into any specifics about this meeting. Also, I wanted you involved in the discussion of these specifics. I will relay to you what the voice says."
>Reimu: "Yeah? And whatever happened to not doing what it wants?"
>Shiki: "We're not doing what it wants. We're simply going to hear what it has to say, and if we don't like it, we'll react appropriately. And yes, you can be the one to make that decision. I understand that my own judgement may be affected by all of this, so I will leave that to you."
>Reimu: ...
>"Fine, but that means no arguing with me."
>Shiki: "Agreed. If my opinion differs from yours, I will of course voice that difference, but that is all I will do, and afterwards, I will abide by your decision."
>Reimu: "Good enough. I have your word?"
>Shiki: "You have my word."
>Reimu: "If you're bullshitting me, I will kick your ass so hard you'll never put it back together."
>Shiki: "I will keep my word, Reimu."
>"Reimu is as temperamental as usual."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #747 on: November 14, 2011, 04:15:29 AM »
>Helodermatidae Heroine: Sigh. "You know this is gonna be some sort of ambush or something, right? Whatever. Where?"
>Soreq Songbird: Raise arm. "So uh, when we see him, do we blow him up?"

>Oppai Yosei: Giggle. "It never answered my question about who couldn't stop the overlay, did it? How funny~"

-----

>Rodentius: Head over there and take a look. "Here?" Knock on any stable bookshelf near a wall there.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #748 on: November 14, 2011, 04:33:02 AM »
>Shiki: "I do not plan to arrive at the meeting unwary."
>When the voice proposes a location, relay the proposed location to Reimu.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #749 on: November 14, 2011, 05:45:42 AM »
>Helodermatidae Heroine: Sigh. "You know this is gonna be some sort of ambush or something, right? Whatever. Where?"
>Shiki: "I do not plan to arrive at the meeting unwary."
>When the voice proposes a location, relay the proposed location to Reimu.
>The voice has already proposed a location.
>"on the glass platform you've been trying to reach. I can easily get you up there."
>You relay this to Reimu.
>Soreq Songbird: Raise arm. "So uh, when we see him, do we blow him up?"
>Somebody says close to your ear "We'll see if that is necessary."
>Oppai Yosei: Giggle. "It never answered my question about who couldn't stop the overlay, did it? How funny~"

>Rodentius: Head over there and take a look. "Here?" Knock on any stable bookshelf near a wall there.
>You head over there and knock on a bookshelf.
>"Yes."