Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 174597 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #630 on: September 25, 2011, 01:12:03 AM »
>Shiki: Look for anything describing overlay-related gaps. Can they be seen through? Can things such as thoughts pass through them? Are people able to pass through them? Can they appear inside people's minds? Anything.
>Also see if there's anything about effects an overlay might have on other worlds. It seems possible that our world is not actually a part of this particular overlay.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #631 on: September 25, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »
>Shiki: Look for anything describing overlay-related gaps. Can they be seen through? Can things such as thoughts pass through them? Are people able to pass through them? Can they appear inside people's minds? Anything.
>There is no information on whether they can be seen through or not. You presume that they'd assume the gaps are opaque.
>There is no information on whether thoughts can pass through them, either.
>It says on the paper that people usually cannot pass through, and that "in the vast multiverse, there are probably ways to pass through overlay gaps, but we don't know them."
>
Quote from: Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer
...and some of them may even form in areas that aren't exactly supposed to be physical, like one's subconscious.

>Also see if there's anything about effects an overlay might have on other worlds. It seems possible that our world is not actually a part of this particular overlay.
>There is nothing about whether the overlay of two worlds affects another. It was providing so much information and now it isn't helping that much...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #632 on: September 26, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
>Hoplocercinae Homunculus: What the hell, this doesn't make any sense. Another place that looks just like the village? How would that even be possible.
>... wait, there's an idea.
>"Oi, Suika, you're there too, right? Think you could gather up anyone in the village that's from outside Gensokyo?"
>Damnit, half a mind to check this ourself, this is too weird...

>Rosemary Roughhouser: Would there be any real problems with trying that? If not, go ahead and see who shows up.

>Styxian Sawatch: Give Rikako a smile. "It really is, isn't it? But I'm sure there's some easy way to make sense of it, right Yukari dear?"
>Is there anything particularly out of place in the village from what we can see in the gap?

-----

>Ijimus: Add on, "In which case, last I saw he was wearing a green jacket over a white shirt and uh... blue pants. So that's worth keeping an eye out for, too."
>Take a step northwesterly. "That said, guess I'm off. Later, I guess."
>Presuming no objections, head towards the library. Stay on foot until outside city limits, unless we see someone else taking off. Try not to stand out too much, but take casual note of what's seen on the way out.
>Once outside, sprint-fly northwest at low altitude to avoid too much attention. Stop if a major landmark gets in our way before reaching where the library should be.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #633 on: September 26, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
>Hoplocercinae Homunculus: What the hell, this doesn't make any sense. Another place that looks just like the village? How would that even be possible.
>... wait, there's an idea.
>"Oi, Suika, you're there too, right? Think you could gather up anyone in the village that's from outside Gensokyo?"
>Damnit, half a mind to check this ourself, this is too weird...
>Ugh, this is convoluted.

>Rosemary Roughhouser: Would there be any real problems with trying that? If not, go ahead and see who shows up.
>Not really, so you fly down and try that. You attract a few people in plain clothes, which you presume are some of those outsiders from the Outside World (that was a bit repetitive...). They don't seem to be aware that they're gathering here in the first place.

>Styxian Sawatch: Give Rikako a smile. "It really is, isn't it? But I'm sure there's some easy way to make sense of it, right Yukari dear?"
>Yukari says "Yes...but I haven't quite figured out what it is either. But may I hazard a guess...perhaps the Human Village that has appeared here is a different Gensokyo than ours?"

>Is there anything particularly out of place in the village from what we can see in the gap?
>Aside from the strange buildings that appeared, no. Perhaps those buildings are blocking you from seeing some differences.

>Ijimus: Add on, "In which case, last I saw he was wearing a green jacket over a white shirt and uh... blue pants. So that's worth keeping an eye out for, too."
>Take a step northwesterly. "That said, guess I'm off. Later, I guess."
>Presuming no objections, head towards the library. Stay on foot until outside city limits, unless we see someone else taking off. Try not to stand out too much, but take casual note of what's seen on the way out.
>Once outside, sprint-fly northwest at low altitude to avoid too much attention. Stop if a major landmark gets in our way before reaching where the library should be.
>Processing. Please wait for potential objections.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #634 on: September 27, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, I haven't been able to confirm anything, but I've come to suspect that our world is not part of the overlay. Thee gaps we're getting here may just be some sort of side-effect. Perhaps we're in close proximity to one of the worlds involved, and are seeing some effects as a result."
>Reimu: "Yeah, Yukari thinks it's a different Gensokyo."
>Shiki: "Quite possible. Yukari, is the effect blocking you from forming gaps to that world altered or weakened or gone now that the overlay has happened?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #635 on: September 27, 2011, 04:48:46 AM »
>Britannia Bosom: Clap hands. "Oh! Yes, that works perfectly! Thank you, Yukari~"
>Give her a quick hug.

>Gavial Grazer: "Though it doesn't explain what the hell a 'different Gensokyo' is." Face Yukari. "Care to explain, Sukima?"
---
>Jovial Jagertee: "Guess that'd explain why I'm just gettin' regular villagers here."
>Ah, the wonders of subtlety. Celebratory swig!

>Seminole Shinigami: "Think we should head back, Boss? Wasn't there someone else coming, too?"
---
>Dechampsian Desires: "If it is truly an alternative Gensokyo, then I'm not sure what else could be accomplished at 'our' Human Village, but let me think for a moment..."
>Have we encountered spirits from alternative Gensokyos in the past? Do we have any idea how feasible this theory is?
>"... Yukari, do you know of any way we could try to tie the Human Village's location to the alternative one through that gap in order to try and arrange communication or travel with the girls there?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2011, 02:10:20 AM »
>Shiki: "Yukari, I haven't been able to confirm anything, but I've come to suspect that our world is not part of the overlay. Thee gaps we're getting here may just be some sort of side-effect. Perhaps we're in close proximity to one of the worlds involved, and are seeing some effects as a result."
>Reimu: "Yeah, Yukari thinks it's a different Gensokyo."
>Shiki: "Quite possible. Yukari, is the effect blocking you from forming gaps to that world altered or weakened or gone now that the overlay has happened?"
>"I'm afraid not."

>Britannia Bosom: Clap hands. "Oh! Yes, that works perfectly! Thank you, Yukari~"
>Give her a quick hug.
>You give her a quick hug. Yukari is taken by surprise, but returns the hug.

>Gavial Grazer: "Though it doesn't explain what the hell a 'different Gensokyo' is." Face Yukari. "Care to explain, Sukima?"
>"My theory is that there are Gensokyos out there similar to but probably slightly different than our own."

>Jovial Jagertee: "Guess that'd explain why I'm just gettin' regular villagers here."
>Ah, the wonders of subtlety. Celebratory swig!
>You take a drink.
>You gain 3 Drunkenness.

>Seminole Shinigami: "Think we should head back, Boss? Wasn't there someone else coming, too?"
>Dechampsian Desires: "If it is truly an alternative Gensokyo, then I'm not sure what else could be accomplished at 'our' Human Village, but let me think for a moment..."
>Have we encountered spirits from alternative Gensokyos in the past? Do we have any idea how feasible this theory is?
>You have not, and you have no idea how feasible this theory is.

>"... Yukari, do you know of any way we could try to tie the Human Village's location to the alternative one through that gap in order to try and arrange communication or travel with the girls there?"
>"I'm afraid not."
>You hear Komachi say "Think we should head back, Boss? Wasn't there someone else coming, too?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #637 on: September 28, 2011, 02:27:02 AM »
>You have not, and you have no idea how feasible this theory is.

>Yuyuko and Eiki: Recall the incident behind a letter.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #638 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:46 AM »
>Parser-to-player question: I didn't read Patchy Quest. Who is Jeff?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #639 on: September 28, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
>Parser-to-player question: I didn't read Patchy Quest. Who is Jeff?

This is Jeff.

Also Pesco never retrieved the first thread of Barren Path :[

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #640 on: September 29, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »
This is Jeff.
>Reading through Patchy Quest, I find that it was less serious than other Purvis quests. Anyways, processing reply to...

>You recall a spirit named Jeff K. Anon who did plenty of good, bad, and morally-ambiguous things in his life, but then history was eaten by Keine and those things never happened. Maybe these alternate Gensokyos are ones which used to exist...

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #641 on: September 30, 2011, 05:03:13 AM »
>The Abovementioned: How much did each of us learn of Jeff's version of Gensokyo?

>Typhlopidae Tryer: "What do you mean by out there, and what sort of differences do you mean?"
>Frown. "Wait... do you mean stuff like that Gensokyo Isle crap?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #642 on: September 30, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
>The Abovementioned: How much did each of us learn of Jeff's version of Gensokyo?
>It was quite different from your Gensokyo?for one thing, you hear Flandre was a robot. Jeff also made plenty of enemies...

>Typhlopidae Tryer: "What do you mean by out there, and what sort of differences do you mean?"
>"By 'out there', I mean I don't know where these Gensokyos might be, and these differences may range from minor or major. There may be a Gensokyo where the only difference is that Marisa is not a huge musclebeast. Another Gensokyo might be a complete hellhole with an evil overlord."

>Frown. "Wait... do you mean stuff like that Gensokyo Isle crap?"
>"While the Gensokyo Isle we know isn't an example, there is a definite possibility of one of these alternate Gensokyos being like it."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #643 on: October 01, 2011, 12:23:59 AM »
>Viper Vargant: Raise eyebrow. "Marisa without the muscles? That's crazy."
>Disturbingly Dechampsia: "While I am uncertain about the feasibility of Yukari's examples, alternative timelines like that may be a good way to describe it. Except that the different worlds are parallel, so to speak: Both progress separately without history or timelines being changed. In theory, travel between them is possible, but it seems that Yukari cannot access the one we can see through these other gaps..."
>Armpits: Frown. "... so should we be bugging Keine, then?"
>Dechampsia Doctorate: "I doubt her powers over history could work that way... or that she would be able to change history so precisely as to allow us access. I suspect we'll have to find another way..."
>Voluptuous Vienna: "Should we ask while we're here, boss?"
>Definitively Dechampsia: "I doubt it would hurt, if it does not inconvenience her to ask."
>Give her directions as necessary!

>Ijimus: Depart? Arrive?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #644 on: October 01, 2011, 06:11:01 AM »
>Viper Vargant: Raise eyebrow. "Marisa without the muscles? That's crazy."
>Delicious irony, yum yum.

>Disturbingly Dechampsia: "While I am uncertain about the feasibility of Yukari's examples, alternative timelines like that may be a good way to describe it. Except that the different worlds are parallel, so to speak: Both progress separately without history or timelines being changed. In theory, travel between them is possible, but it seems that Yukari cannot access the one we can see through these other gaps..."
>"I never said anything about these Gensokyos being alternate timelines, but the word 'parallel' is a good way to describe this."

>Armpits: Frown. "... so should we be bugging Keine, then?"
>Dechampsia Doctorate: "I doubt her powers over history could work that way... or that she would be able to change history so precisely as to allow us access. I suspect we'll have to find another way..."
>Voluptuous Vienna: "Should we ask while we're here, boss?"
>Definitively Dechampsia: "I doubt it would hurt, if it does not inconvenience her to ask."
>Give her directions as necessary!
>You give Komachi the directions to Keine's house.
>As Komachi, you follow your boss's directions and arrive at a far end of the Human Village. You see a house you can't possibly miss, but in which way? This parser forgot what exactly made Keine's house stand out to Reimu when she visited, and I'm too lazy to search for it right now.

>Ijimus: Depart? Arrive?
>You finally depart (damn quest lag) and arrive at the front of the library in a few seconds due to missing several posts's time.
>Oh dear, it looks like the library's been hit hard with the overlay. Is that the SDM fused with the library?
>You see Meiling at the front of the SDM/library, sleeping.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #645 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:05 AM »
>Carpathia Coinflinger: Land and knock. "You know anything about this teacher, little oni?"
>Tamagozake Tot: "'s Suika! And naw, not really. Wonder if she wants a drink."
>Titanics: Try not to be tempted.

---

>Pryor Phantasm: Presuming events are following in the gap, "Ah, she left!"
>Is the white-haired girl doing anything interesting? Maybe we should watch her for a minute to make sure before jumping to the library...?

-----

>Blatant Self Insert: Huh, China's actually-- wait that's not the point
>shit fuck piss shit damn why did it have to be the SDM that place is a hornet's nest of irritable powerhouses
>Which means they wouldn't have taken an invasion like this kindly. Are there any signs of fighting in the area?
>How clean was the merge? How much damage did both 'our' library and the SDM take, from what we can see?
>Where is the normal entrance to the library, or where would it be if it's no longer visible due to the merge?
>Do we know of any magical defenses/alarms/etc that our library had that might have carried over?
>Do we know of any rear entrance or windows we could try to sneak in through for the Iji library and bypass the SDM lines?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #646 on: October 01, 2011, 07:19:13 AM »
>Shiki: This isn't getting us anywhere.
>"Patchouli, may I borrow this book? I will probably want to look through it again before this is over, and I'd rather not need to bother you every time I do. I promise that I will return it once this is over."
>Assuming Patchy's okay with it, take the book. Either way, take the paper that we found in it.
>"Yukari, gap me underground, please. I'm going to check on Utsuho and Koishi."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #647 on: October 02, 2011, 03:08:48 AM »
>Blargh, haven't been as motivated to continue this quest. Especially now that I don't think I've dug myself into an easy situation for me to parse.

>Carpathia Coinflinger: Land and knock. "You know anything about this teacher, little oni?"
>Tamagozake Tot: "'s Suika! And naw, not really. Wonder if she wants a drink."
>Titanics: Try not to be tempted.
>You try to refuse to ask for a drink.
>The door is opened by a woman with white hair and a blue dress, who you presume is Keine.
>"Hello?"

>Pryor Phantasm: Presuming events are following in the gap, "Ah, she left!"
>Yukari says "Just so that some people get the obvious...she probably left to go to this library."

>Is the white-haired girl doing anything interesting? Maybe we should watch her for a minute to make sure before jumping to the library...?
>She hesitates, then decides to fly off in the direction the mouse-haired girl went.

>Blatant Self Insert: Huh, China's actually-- wait that's not the point
>shit fuck piss shit damn why did it have to be the SDM that place is a hornet's nest of irritable powerhouses
>Thankfully, the Librarians are a nest of resonable yet badass powerhouses. Yo still fear for your safety if you go in there, though.

>Which means they wouldn't have taken an invasion like this kindly. Are there any signs of fighting in the area?
>Outside, no. Inside? You'll have to see.

>How clean was the merge? How much damage did both 'our' library and the SDM take, from what we can see?
>There are no outward signs of structural damage.

>Where is the normal entrance to the library, or where would it be if it's no longer visible due to the merge?
>Right in front of you. Now the entrance is to the SDM/library.

>Do we know of any magical defenses/alarms/etc that our library had that might have carried over?
>There are magical alarms located at each and every window or any place that can be entered from the outside of the building.

>Do we know of any rear entrance or windows we could try to sneak in through for the Iji library and bypass the SDM lines?
>There's a wall broken by a rockmonster attack on the northern side of the building, where the library is, and it hasn't been repaired yet. Many alarms have been set there, but they only spring when somebody comes in after closing hours, you hear...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #648 on: October 02, 2011, 03:40:08 AM »
>"Patchouli, may I borrow this book? I will probably want to look through it again before this is over, and I'd rather not need to bother you every time I do. I promise that I will return it once this is over."
>Assuming Patchy's okay with it, take the book. Either way, take the paper that we found in it.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #649 on: October 02, 2011, 05:37:10 AM »
>Blargh, haven't been as motivated to continue this quest. Especially now that I don't think I've dug myself into an easy situation for me to parse.

Such is the curse of convoluscence.

>Ortiz Yuyutains: "Shall we head her off, then?"
>Lead the reassembly at Patchouli's library gap! Perhaps she'd like to see, too? Ask!

>Spiteful Spinytail: Coldly, "Koishi's going to be here, huh."
>Oh, she's not going to like what's in our head...
>Stick around during the departure; if alone with Yukari as the last two to leave, stop her with a "Hey, Yukari."

---

>Twice-Risen Olympia: "Heya. You Keine?"
>Chipper Cosmopolitan: "Y'want a drink?" Offer as such!

-----

>Rodentius: Well... it's good that they can probably handle themselves, and we can't really play hero, but... we need to talk with them, and hopefully join up before all of Gensokyo comes down on us for seeing porn of everyone, among other things.
>What time of day is it, and would this be during normal Library hours?
>Take a peek in through the damaged wall from a safe distance. Keep half an eye on Meiling and any other new arrivals from the library-mansion's grounds.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #650 on: October 02, 2011, 05:59:33 AM »
>"Hm..." She thinks for a long moment. "Very well."

>You take the book and the slip of paper.
>You obtain: Planes Book
>You obtain: Mysterious Informational Slip of Paper
>"Odd...I don't remember that slip of paper..."

>"First, would you like to inquire about Patchouli not knowing about that 'slip' of paper?"

Such is the curse of convoluscence.
That's not a word. The word is probably "convolution".

>Ortiz Yuyutains: "Shall we head her off, then?"
>Lead the reassembly at Patchouli's library gap! Perhaps she'd like to see, too? Ask!
>Rikako turns off her device, but, being as cumbersome as it is, she can't really put it away.
>A gap immediately opens up. Through it, you see Patchouli's library.

>Spiteful Spinytail: Coldly, "Koishi's going to be here, huh."
>Oh, she's not going to like what's in our head...
>I'm guessing that would be "azfscbdkvnkv,fhemfvnnnnbgnveaszdchlvnnnfvAAAARGH! STUPID LOUSY GODDAMN GENSOKYO-FUCKING UP SATORI!dsjkvb vk", right?

>Stick around during the departure; if alone with Yukari as the last two to leave, stop her with a "Hey, Yukari."
>You stick around while Yuyuko and Rikako exit. Yukari doesn't attempt to enter the gap immediately, but instead says to you "After you." When you reply with "Hey, Yukari." she replies "Yes?"

>Twice-Risen Olympia: "Heya. You Keine?"
>"Yes, I am. What can I do for you?"

>Chipper Cosmopolitan: "Y'want a drink?" Offer as such!
>"No please."

>Rodentius: Well... it's good that they can probably handle themselves, and we can't really play hero, but... we need to talk with them, and hopefully join up before all of Gensokyo comes down on us for seeing porn of everyone, among other things.
>Oh, Ijiyatsu doesn't contain porn of Gensokyoans. Less savory parts of the world, however, do. You don't really expect them to venture far out, though.
>You're probably going to need to talk to them, but how do you expect to dodge fairy maids?
>What time of day is it, and would this be during normal Library hours?
>It is morning, which would be within normal operating hours.
>Take a peek in through the damaged wall from a safe distance. Keep half an eye on Meiling and any other new arrivals from the library-mansion's grounds.
>You walk to the north side of the building by heading right and around the corner, and peeking into the hole.
>There are plenty of fairies. You see Patchouli and a girl you identify as Sakana. It's kind of strange to see Patchouli in the flesh, even after seeing plenty of cosplays.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #651 on: October 02, 2011, 06:10:55 AM »
>Shiki: "You haven't seen it before, then. Yet another mystery. I don't suppose you have any idea how it might have gotten here or, more importantly, who or what is responsible for doing so, do you?"
>"It was that paper that mentioned naturally-occuring overlays. It now has a much greater amount of information, although still nothing on how overlays might affect nearby worlds-which, I think, is what we're seeing here; our world isn't part of the overlay, but one that is a different version of Gensokyo is."
>"Please open that gap for me, Yukari."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #652 on: October 02, 2011, 06:23:25 AM »
>Styxian Stokes: Leave through the library gap, preferably with at least Rikako. Survey the scene!

>Armpits: Oh, it would be worse. Much worse.
>Continue lurking, if appropriate.
>Quietly enough to avoid being overheard through the transport gap: "Anything I should know about Ran leaving?"

---

>Bellini Black Hole: Pout. "Aw, why's everyone been like that these days? Ah well." Suck it down.

>Schurz Scythemaster: Maybe we can ask her for some later... maybe when the boss isn't listening in.
>"Name's Komachi. Boss has... ah, the Yama's been looking into some weird stuff that's been going on lately. Looks like there's some sort of alternate Gensokyo thing goin' on, and with Reimu comparing that to alternate timelines and stuff, we figured it'd be worth asking you if you can do anything about it."
>Shrug. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, or somethin'."

-----

>Fatmus: Good fuck is this really happening? This is really happening, isn't it. Oh god.
>What are Patchu and the tuna doing? Fighting? Talking? Is there any indication of their tone or mood? Are we close enough to overhear anything?
>Which one would be able to see us if they looked in our general direction? Get a little cover from obvious sight by the two either way - don't want to jump in too eagerly...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:39:16 AM by E-Nazrin »

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2011, 02:44:18 AM »
>Shiki: "You haven't seen it before, then. Yet another mystery. I don't suppose you have any idea how it might have gotten here or, more importantly, who or what is responsible for doing so, do you?"
>Patchouli says "It might be possible the an off-world traveler ended up in my library and put it there. That is how I think that book got here, at least."

>"It was that paper that mentioned naturally-occuring overlays. It now has a much greater amount of information, although still nothing on how overlays might affect nearby worlds-which, I think, is what we're seeing here; our world isn't part of the overlay, but one that is a different version of Gensokyo is."
>Patchouli says "Then what do you make of the mysterious gaps?"

>"Please open that gap for me, Yukari."
>A gap immediately appears.
>Yukari says "Are you sure you do not want to discuss this with Patchouli?"

>Styxian Stokes: Leave through the library gap, preferably with at least Rikako. Survey the scene!
>You and Rikako exit the gap.
>You are in the SDM library. The giant white gap is still there, looming. Eiki and Patchouli are talking, and there is one of Yukari's gap next to Eiki.

>Armpits: Oh, it would be worse. Much worse.
>Oh really.

>Quietly enough to avoid being overheard through the transport gap: "Anything I should know about Ran leaving?"
>Yukari calmly says "If you want to know if Ran has a gap in her head, she does not. I checked."

>Bellini Black Hole: Pout. "Aw, why's everyone been like that these days? Ah well." Suck it down.
>Why won't anybody accept a drink?
>Schurz Scythemaster: Maybe we can ask her for some later... maybe when the boss isn't listening in.
>Suika does feel bad about not being able to serve people drinks...maybe you should ask her for some, it'll make her (and you) feel better.
>"Name's Komachi. Boss has... ah, the Yama's been looking into some weird stuff that's been going on lately. Looks like there's some sort of alternate Gensokyo thing goin' on, and with Reimu comparing that to alternate timelines and stuff, we figured it'd be worth asking you if you can do anything about it."
>Shrug. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, or somethin'."
>"Alternate Gensokyos? Like what? I know I can somewhat manipulate history, but perhaps you need some more details. Also, come in, come in."

>Fatmus: Good fuck is this really happening? This is really happening, isn't it. Oh god.
>HEY
>OH GOD
>WHAT HAS BEEN DONE.
>PATCHOULI?
>PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S JUST A COSPLAYER.
>PLEASE JUST BE A COSPLAYER PLEASE JUST BE A COSPLAYER PLEASE JUST BE A COSPLAYER
>HAHA, OK, MAKE-BELIEVE TIME IS OVER!
>OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
>What are Patchu and the tuna doing? Fighting? Talking? Is there any indication of their tone or mood? Are we close enough to overhear anything?
>They seem to be talking, and you're too far away to tell the mood or the words.
>Which one would be able to see us if they looked in our general direction? Get a little cover from obvious sight by the two either way - don't want to jump in too eagerly...
>You seem to be in Patchouli's general direction, so you hide behind a wall.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2011, 02:55:13 AM »
>Yuyuko: "Hm? What's going on here?"
>Shiki: "Don't forget, Yukari, that I'm not looking into this alone."
>"Excellent timing, Yuyuko. Could I ask you to check on Utsuho and Koishi? This gap leads underground. I intended to go myself, but something just came up."
>Yuyuko: "Oh, okay. Just go find them, right?"
>Look at Rikako.
>"I'll be right back."
>Enter the gap.
>Shiki: "The gaps are what I was referring to when I mentioned effects an overlay might have on other worlds."
>Wait, what if...
>Get that paper out.
>"Patchouli, I just thought of something. It may be possible that we're dealing with some sort of multiple overlay. This other world and the alternate Gensokyo underwent an overlay, but what if this Gensokyo is also experiencing an overlay with that world?"
>Check that paper for anything related to the possibility of multiple overlays, if such a thing is even supposed to be possible.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #655 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:40 AM »
>Manzano Muertos: Where'd we end up? Go a-searching for the satori and crow... hopefully we won't miss too much at the mansion. Rikako must be curious about that other library, mustn't she? We'll have to ask when we get back...
>"Do keep me updated, Yukari dear."

---

>Lizard Lass: Shake head. "Doesn't need one of those to think about making trouble. She's not gonna do anything stupid, right?"
>Still quietly, of course.

---

>Miles of Mariposa: "Ah, thanks."
>Head in, and explain:"Guess I'm not the best-informed on it, but uh, let me see. I think it was... sort of parallel timelines, with little differences in Gensokyo? 'parrently there's some other Gensokyo that got mixed up with with some other weird place in Sakuya's head. Weird as that sounds. You got any idea if that sorta thing's possible? Or what mighta made that world-mixing overlay thing happen there?"

>Oni Orgasm: Conquer a chair. Guzzle.

-----

>Idiot Rodent: Was there any property damage visible through the wall? Fairies? Anything other than those two? Indications of danmaku? But damnit, some of that might be from the overlay...
>Damnit damnit damnit. This is about as ambiguous as it could get. It's tough to say whether getting caught in the middle of the SDM/Library war or trying to hide until it's over would be safer... or if there's something else going on here entirely.
>Hopefully we haven't been spotted yet? Look all around real quick to make sure.
>Assuming no alarming surprises, peek again and attempt to gather courage.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #656 on: October 03, 2011, 11:38:04 PM »
>Yuyuko: "Hm? What's going on here?"
>Shiki: "Don't forget, Yukari, that I'm not looking into this alone."
>"Excellent timing, Yuyuko. Could I ask you to check on Utsuho and Koishi? This gap leads underground. I intended to go myself, but something just came up."
>Yuyuko: "Oh, okay. Just go find them, right?"
>Look at Rikako.
>"I'll be right back."
>Enter the gap.
>You enter the gap and immediately find yourself at the front of the Palace of the Earth Spirits.
>Manzano Muertos: Where'd we end up? Go a-searching for the satori and crow... hopefully we won't miss too much at the mansion. Rikako must be curious about that other library, mustn't she? We'll have to ask when we get back...
>"Do keep me updated, Yukari dear."
>"Gladly," she replies.

>Shiki: "The gaps are what I was referring to when I mentioned effects an overlay might have on other worlds."
>Wait, what if...
>Get that paper out.
>"Patchouli, I just thought of something. It may be possible that we're dealing with some sort of multiple overlay. This other world and the alternate Gensokyo underwent an overlay, but what if this Gensokyo is also experiencing an overlay with that world?"
>Check that paper for anything related to the possibility of multiple overlays, if such a thing is even supposed to be possible.
>You check the paper for anything on an overlay double reacharound. There is no information of multiple overlays.

>Lizard Lass: Shake head. "Doesn't need one of those to think about making trouble. She's not gonna do anything stupid, right?"
>"I doubt it."

>Miles of Mariposa: "Ah, thanks."
>Head in, and explain: "Guess I'm not the best-informed on it, but uh, let me see. I think it was... sort of parallel timelines, with little differences in Gensokyo? 'parrently there's some other Gensokyo that got mixed up with with some other weird place in Sakuya's head. Weird as that sounds. You got any idea if that sorta thing's possible? Or what mighta made that world-mixing overlay thing happen there?"
>"I...have never heard of such a thing before. Alternate timelines usually stop existing."
>Yukari loudly says "Oh, I don't believe we're dealing with alternate timelines here. I believe t's more like...different worlds that happen to be Gensokyo." Keine is not the least bit surprised.
>Oni Orgasm: Conquer a chair. Guzzle.
>You send your forces to invade a chair and take it over. And by that I mean you sit down on it. You also take yet another drink, and gain 3 drunkenness.

>Idiot Rodent: Was there any property damage visible through the wall? Fairies? Anything other than those two? Indications of danmaku? But damnit, some of that might be from the overlay...
>No property damage, plenty of fairies, more shelves of books than there ever were before. Not that fairies don't exist on Ijiyatsu, they're just uncommon and more intelligent.
>Damnit damnit damnit. This is about as ambiguous as it could get. It's tough to say whether getting caught in the middle of the SDM/Library war or trying to hide until it's over would be safer... or if there's something else going on here entirely.
>This is a tough situation...
>Hopefully we haven't been spotted yet? Look all around real quick to make sure.
>You have not been spotted, and do a quick check to make sure you haven't.
>Assuming no alarming surprises, peek again and attempt to gather courage.
>You peek again and gather your courage. Nothing bad has happened yet.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #657 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:02 AM »
>Tuxtla Yuyukans: "Thank you, Yukari."
>Knock. "Utsuho! Koishi? Are you there?"

---

>Tegu Tangler: Marvel in the strange sensation of feeling pity for Yukari.
>... give her a pat on the shoulder. "Hang in there, alright?"
>Enter the gap to the library. What's going on here?

---

>Connaught Coinflinger: "And I'm guessin' that's possible, from that look on your face. Just... I guess, thing is, if it was another Gensokyo like that, wouldn't it have a timeline of its own? And since you're soundin' like you've seen a bunch of other Gensokyo timelines, maybe you'd know what coulda caused any differences we end up finding."

>Gravity Godfather...ess: "Yeah, or just make it so this whole mess never happened."
>Slurp.

-----

>Shameless Self Insert: Watch for a few seconds longer. Take a deep breath.
>Assuming no disaster, step out from behind the wall and approach casually on foot. If not noticed by the time we get close to where the wards on the library hole would be, stop and quietly call over, "Hey."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #658 on: October 04, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »
>Shiki: "Patchouli, perhaps you should take a look at this. I'm having difficulty understanding some of it."
>Hand Patchy the paper.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #659 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:50 AM »
>Tuxtla Yuyukans: "Thank you, Yukari."
>"You're welcome. Or rather, you will be welcome."
>Knock. "Utsuho! Koishi? Are you there?"
>You knock on the door. Orin opens the door.
>"Hi. Utsuho left a while ago. Koishi is still at home."

>Tegu Tangler: Marvel in the strange sensation of feeling pity for Yukari.
>It's amazing, pitying a knowledgeable, sane, and powerful reality warper.
>... give her a pat on the shoulder. "Hang in there, alright?"
>"My, my, my. I think nobody sees this side of you often."
>Enter the gap to the library. What's going on here?
>You both enter the gap to the library. The Yama is talking with Patchouli about something while Rikako just hangs around.
>Shiki: "Patchouli, perhaps you should take a look at this. I'm having difficulty understanding some of it."
>Hand Patchy the paper.
>You hand Patchouli the paper.
>"What exactly is hard to understand about the paper? Other than the fact that it's a magical paper."

>Connaught Coinflinger: "And I'm guessin' that's possible, from that look on your face. Just... I guess, thing is, if it was another Gensokyo like that, wouldn't it have a timeline of its own? And since you're soundin' like you've seen a bunch of other Gensokyo timelines, maybe you'd know what coulda caused any differences we end up finding."
>Yukari says "I mean that these Gensokyos are entirely separate from the original. They never split off from one Gensokyo. Or at least, that is my guess."
>Keine says "Well...I have encountered an alternate timeline once, but I do not know if it is still extant."
>Gravity Godfather...ess: "Yeah, or just make it so this whole mess never happened."
>Keine says "It is never that easy."
>Yukari says "Indeed."
>Slurp.
>Do you even need to insert this command anymore? You do it all the time.
>You gain 3 Drunkenness.

>Shameless Self Insert: Watch for a few seconds longer. Take a deep breath.
>You watch you a few seconds longer and gather your courage.
>Assuming no disaster, step out from behind the wall and approach casually on foot. If not noticed by the time we get close to where the wards on the library hole would be, stop and quietly call over, "Hey."
>Nothing bad has happened yet, so you approach casually. You aren't noticed by the time the magical wards would activate, so you say "Hey."
>They don't notice, as where you are is much farther than where they are that you'd noticed.